PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes has an awesome DDT.

Xero
07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Discuss his DDT and Cody in general.

Dave Youell
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
I haven't seen it, describe how it's awesome.

Jordan
07-31-2007, 02:37 PM
He snapped Davari down onto his face faster than any DDT ever basically.

Stickman
07-31-2007, 02:46 PM
never work with somebody bigger than him.

Dave Youell
07-31-2007, 02:47 PM
never work with somebody bigger than him.
So that's 90% of the lockeroom then.

Shaggy
07-31-2007, 02:57 PM
I think Cody has some good potential. He can definently sell anything better than most wrestlers.

His DDT was alright...Yes it was faster but there is no telling on whether that was a one time quickness or perhaps if he will do it as fast all the time. It was only his first time using it as a finisher. Hopefully he can start winning a few more matches because Im looking forward to this kid being a big star.

Anybody Thrilla
07-31-2007, 03:05 PM
He's got a quality about him, I'll give him that. He doesn't seem to suck.

Stickman
07-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Rammsteinmad
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Well duh... he's Dusty Rhodes' son. If he's still with the WWE in ten years time, that'll probably still be his gimmick.

James Steele
07-31-2007, 05:54 PM
He seems like a natural heel. (Randy Orton with talent)

apokalypse7
07-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Orton has stepped it up, granted we won't see many deathlocks, or special top rope maneuvers, but he's showing us ME quality work. I've been an Orton mark, and I stand behind his work...

Unless he's taking a crap

Corkscrewed
07-31-2007, 06:10 PM
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/videos/

It's on this week's vids. The DDT was pretty good, at least on Daivari, but yeah, I'm not sure if it's a one-time thing or if he can make it look that good on others. Daivari sells really well, though, so it could have been a two-man operation to make the move look good.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-31-2007, 06:15 PM
If they book him right, could be a good mid-card wrestler from early impressions. Once he's established he can make main eventers look good. His moves are pretty tight and he can sell VERY well. I hope he's pushed in the next few weeks.

Dave Youell
08-01-2007, 06:24 AM
I’m sorry am I missing something here? What was special about that DDT really?

Jake’s/Raven’s DDT was quicker than that!

Anyway, from what I just saw, he’s got good timing and fire for his comeback, just don’t shove him down people’s mouths like they did with Orton, unless they want him to have the same sort of path as Orton and Rocky had, with the face that’s too over, so you get boo’d

Personally I think he’s too small in comparison with the rest of the lockeroom to look like a threat to anyone, unless this is Vince’s new vision to try and get the heat off him from the Government, in which case Lashley being injured could be a blessing in disguise really.

Rob
08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
I thought his DDT was shite.

Cody is doing alright but he needs to hit the gym fast. He is far too skinny to be taken too seriously.

Dave Youell
08-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Cody is doing alright but he needs to hit the roids fast. He is far too skinny to be taken too seriously.

James Steele
08-01-2007, 09:45 AM
I thought his DDT was shite.

Cody is doing alright but he needs to hit the gym fast. He is far too skinny to be taken too seriously.

Hypocrite. You were saying how the evil wrestling promoters directly and indirectly forced and encouraged people to take steroids, and then you say this shit and probably will still wonder why steroids are in wrestling (because BIG FREAKS DRAW).

Dave Youell
08-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Hypocrite. You were saying how the evil wrestling promoters directly and indirectly forced and encouraged people to take steroids, and then you say this shit and probably will still wonder why steroids are in wrestling (because BIG FREAKS DRAW).

There’s a difference between being a roided freak and being in good shape, Cody could get bigger, just by going to the gym more, and without the help of steroids you know? Look at Lance Storm, perfect example. All Rob said was that he needs to get down the gym more, which he does, not that he needs to get juiced up and look as big a possible

Y2Ant
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Chris Jericho = proof that roids aren't a requirement for being WWF Champ :cool:

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Cody Rhodes has got a lot of potential. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops. I'm not sure if RAW is the best place for him right now. Sure, it's the flagship, but I think having him develop on SmackDown!, where they could really use some faces, could help him grow into a performer. He's still young (I think he's really young, actually) but he's got natural talent.

In OVW, I think he used a Sleeper Hold as a finishing move. That is way too old school for the WWE, so I think we'll see a period of a few weeks where he toggles his moves around. I'm trying to think of what he could use, and the idea of a Dragon Sleeper came to me. Come on, he needs something.

The kid should definitely roast for a while in the midcard, but as I've already said, he's got a lot of potential. He proved to be a success in OVW, serving as one of their top babyfaces. The women apparently grew to love him. But yeah, I think a run on SmackDown! is what the doctor ordered.

Dave Youell
08-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Sleepers can work, just not your every day kind of sleeper, look at the anaconda vice, that’s a sleeper variation and the Tazmission it’s all about establishing the move. So if he came up with a nifty unique sleeper, it could work

Skippord
08-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Cody's pretty awesome

Sepholio
08-02-2007, 04:14 AM
I quite like Cody, tbh. The DDT was awesome, but I was more impressed by the speed of the powerslam that preceeded it. I honest can not remember ever seeing a powerslam as quick as the one he used on Daivari, in fact, I almost thought he botched it and injured Daivari.

His in-ring mannerisms and psychology also impress me, as does his ability to sell moves.

The one thing that bothers me though is that he always seems to hold one fist balled up, like he wants to punch someone in the stomach. Whenever he is not doing a move, anyways. Looks kind of odd.

Dave Youell
08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
I quite like Cody, tbh. The DDT was awesome, but I was more impressed by the speed of the powerslam that preceeded it. I honest can not remember ever seeing a powerslam as quick as the one he used on Daivari, in fact, I almost thought he botched it and injured Daivari.

His in-ring mannerisms and psychology also impress me, as does his ability to sell moves.

The one thing that bothers me though is that he always seems to hold one fist balled up, like he wants to punch someone in the stomach. Whenever he is not doing a move, anyways. Looks kind of odd.
I think that's trying to get over his intensity

And Somoa Joe's slam is faster than that.

It's more to do with how low you are yo the grown when you hit it anyway

James Steele
08-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Cody Rhodes will make one hell of a heel. There is something about him that screams "heel". He has the look, the walk, the talk, and hopefully with time he will get the experience.

St. Jimmy
08-02-2007, 11:38 AM
The DDT was rather "meh", and I think Cody's ring attire is stupid. Other than that, meh.

Mooияakeя™
08-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Cody Rhodes will make one hell of a heel. There is something about him that screams "heel". He has the look, the walk, the talk, and hopefully with time he will get the experience.

Agreed.

I just want him to help Orton screw Cena at Summerslam. WWE won't have Cena just loosing. I mean, what it's not right. Jesus, can't even believe I'm thinking of Cena losing, but stay with me...

Orton and Cody are evil. HHH guns for the WWE title with Orton and then Cena has someone to play about with until he goes to do the movie or whatever he may be off for.

Of course, they could always do Cena over there and then so Orton ends "What is the small legend of Cena" and then if DX starts back up, well, it's Rhodes-KO vs DX.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I dunno if I'd go putting Cody in main event programs just yet.

Heyman
08-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Discuss his DDT and Cody in general.

Cody Rhodes seems to be fairly promising. I was so sure that he was going to turn on Dusty and join up with Orton.

Since I've been talking about Orton and Cena today, I'm intrigued by the idea of one of those men forming a 4 man stable.

-Cena's stable could be called 'Chain Gang' or something.

-If Orton started one, not sure what he could call it. Maybe Orton could create a new Evolution? If Orton reconciled his differences with the Rhodes family, that could be 3/4's of Evolution right thurrrrr. ;) Masters could head back to RAW and be the 4th member.

Either way - I think it would be cool if either Cena or Orton became the leader of a 4 man stable.....with Cody Rhodes being one of the henchmen.

Rob
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Read this slowly and clearly.... SHUT UP YOU CUNT!

The Naitch
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Dave Youell needs to hit the gym too, man

McLegend
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Dave Youell needs to shoot up his testicles with testerone too, man

The Naitch
08-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Dave Youell needs to start writing in his diary too, man

JT
08-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Meh, I hope no one starts getting on his dick this early or it will be less than a year before we start bitching about him like Batista. The kid has something, but he's green and needs improvement before I start calling him one of my faves.

Also I've never had the privilege of watching a Jake Roberts match, but Raven has been a favorite of mine since I started watching. Until he can preform a DDT better than that, I'm not impressed.

JT
08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Also to add more onto the DDT...I'm not a trained wrestler, and I can do a better DDT than Cody Rhodes.

The Naitch
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
JT Kool is green with the ladies

loosecollector
08-06-2007, 09:44 PM
The DDT was pretty good, at least on Daivari, but yeah, I'm not sure if it's a one-time thing or if he can make it look that good on others. Daivari sells really well, though, so it could have been a two-man operation to make the move look good.
Same thing in mind. But Corky said it better,

loosecollector
08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
...I've never had the privilege of watching a Jake Roberts...
You should watch his DVD bro. The guy INVENTED the move and is BY FAR still the best when it comes to its execution. Small guy, big guy, it doesn't matter.

Nervous Ferret
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I would go as a far as to call him the best wrestler of all-time right infront of Kurt Angle and then maybe Bret Hart

loosecollector
08-07-2007, 01:04 AM
I would go as a far as to call him the best wrestler of all-time right infront of Kurt Angle and then maybe Bret Hart
Uh... and his wife is hot :rofl:

Tb1
08-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Also to add more onto the DDT...I'm not a trained wrestler, and I can do a better DDT than Cody Rhodes.

Doubt it.

Dave Youell
08-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Dave Youell needs to hit the gym too, man
True,

But I’m not on TV and wrestle 20 times a year, I’m happy with that and have no ambition to go any further in the wrestling business than I already am, I treat it as a hobby and nothing more. Plus I’m losing weight by changing my diet, I know I’m a big guy, but I can still move quite well for a guy my size, I can do a nip up, which I think is quite good considering my weight, once I get some recent footage of me I’ll upload it

Dave Youell
08-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Dave Youell needs to start writing in his diary too, man
And WTF?

Rob
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
True,

But I’m not on TV and wrestle 20 times a year, I’m happy with that and have to ambition to go any further in the wrestling business than I already am, I treat it as a hobby and nothing more.

This is a smart man.

Dave Youell
08-08-2007, 03:35 AM
This is a smart man.
That is sooo getting sigged

And thanks, I meet too many people in the UK scene who think they are awesome and talk about going to America and doing well.

I could count on 1 hand the people left over here that would have a chance in the US (not WWE necessarily, but the US indy scene)

Pac
Jody Fliesch
Doug Williams
Darren Burridge

I'm not going to include guys like Johnny Storm as he's had loads of chances, he just doesn't have the right look, guys like Simmonz are too short, there's a bunch of other talented guys, but they are too small or don't look the part

Rob
08-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Jody Fliesch has ZERO chance of making it in the States. Doug Williams has all the talent in the world but if he would have had a developmental deal as a minimum by now if WWE had any interest.

Dave Youell
08-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Jody Fliesch has ZERO chance of making it in the States. Doug Williams has all the talent in the world but if he would have had a developmental deal as a minimum by now if WWE had any interest.
Granted, from the guys in that list, I would only expect them to make it in the indies, most of the guys who fit the WWE look have just been recently snapped up, guys like Drew McDonald and SOS. I'm really chuffed for Drew, only met him a few times, but he's a really nice humble bloke

Innovator
08-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Doug Williams is awesome

CSL
08-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Darren Burridge? Really?

Dave Youell
08-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Darren Burridge? Really?
When he's not doing the crappy chav thing he can actually put together a good match, he's built and has height on his side. Reminds alot like Nigel McGuiness in alot of ways

The Mackem
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Granted, from the guys in that list, I would only expect them to make it in the indies, most of the guys who fit the WWE look have just been recently snapped up, guys like Drew McDonald and SOS. I'm really chuffed for Drew, only met him a few times, but he's a really nice humble bloke

Think it was Drew Galloway not Drew McDonald that WWE gave a development deal.

Dave Youell
08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Think it was Drew Galloway not Drew McDonald that WWE gave a development deal.
Shit! Sorry you're right, my thinking head isn't on today! Drew McDonald is probably slightly too old, as he was wrestling 30 years ago!

CSL
08-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Drew McDonald is a beast.