PDA

View Full Version : How would you book the return of...(Part I)

XL
08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I know that stuff like this has been done all over this board in various threads but I wanted to try bringing it all together and perhaps do a few of these.

Simple really. We have our fair share of amateur bookers right here on TPWW (Cheap Pop!) so get stuck in.

HOW WOULD YOU BOOK THE RETURN OF...

CHRIS JERICHO? (Thought I'd start with an obvious and popular one!)

Heyman
08-04-2007, 06:34 PM
CHRIS JERICHO? (Thought I'd start with an obvious and popular one!

I would do the whole "Y2J" countdown thing again (exact same way as we saw in 1999).

Have the clock wind down during a John Cena promo. Jericho comes out and rips on Cena!

If the WWE are serious about building Smackdown however, I'd make Jericho be the top face (or co-top face with Batista) over there.

-Have Jericho's "clock" wind down during a Cena promo.
-Have a Jericho/Cena match at a PPV (it's a given at this point that Jericho will fight Cena one-time and then be a part of SD's roster).
-Have Cena/Jericho go to a no-contest (or have Cena pussy out somehow and get disqualified....this helps Jericho build a bit of credibility)
-Use Jericho to carry Smackdown.

Heyman
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
P.S.

I don't know what The Rock's schedule with Hollywood is like, but I'd seriously have him make a "surprise" return at Royal Rumble (at the #30 spot) and have him win it all.

The Rock then goes on to face Cena at Wrestlemania and finally wins the big one.

(Given The Rock's incredible history with the WWE, I think The Rock deserves to win the last and most important match on the card at Wrestlemania.....something which he hasn't done yet).

With the WWE catering to The Rock's ego, The Rock might be willing to do more stuff with the WWE down the road. Smart business move for the WWE (and Dwayne Johnson for that matter).

XL
08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Dude, we'll come to The Rock in good time.

Heyman
08-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Dude, we'll come to The Rock in good time.

I rarely ever post in the wrestling forum nowadays. That's why I had to throw my $0.02 regarding The Rock (but hey, I still talked about Jericho first :P).

But yeah - I'd re-do the whole count-down thing with Jericho and have him interrupt either Orton or Cena. After a match with one of the two (goes to a no-contest), Jericho becomes a member of Smackdown and becomes the #1 guy (or co#1 with Batista).

Londoner
08-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I doubt we want Jericho on smackdown..do we really want him injured? I suppose that's why smackdown go fucked over in the draft, WWE has reaized it has a curse.

Heyman
08-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I doubt we want Jericho on smackdown..do we really want him injured? I suppose that's why smackdown go fucked over in the draft, WWE has reaized it has a curse.

If the WWE are serious about having Smackdown be a legit show, then they have to have atleast a few of the bigger names be on that show. A returning and fresh Jericho could be the EXACT shot-in-the-arm that Smackdown needs.

With Triple H, Cena, and Michaels all on RAW, Jericho would have an easier time making an impact on Smackdown.

However - if the WWE are simply going to take all the up-coming talent on Smackdown and inevitably move them to RAW (as they have all these years), then they might just be better off combining the rosters. Make Smackdown the official 'B' show.

Hell - even in 1999 when Sunday Night Heat was the 'B' show, it still drew 3.4 ratings!

And for christ sakes, get rid of the ECW brand. Complete waste!

Mooияakeя™
08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I think i'd like to see the countdown again, but done in a different way to maybe keep a little suprise to those fans who don't let Boone tell them everything. Maybe just random things going on to a WC at the time (say it's HHH).

Though I think either way you'd do it, he'd have to be a face. The crowd would just pop regardless. So the WC would have to be a heel.

Having said that with the way WWE books stuff, he'd probably get fed to Cena on Heat.

Londoner
08-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Nah Cena doesn't do Heat, he'll get fed to Cena at a PPV, then he'll go to Heat.

Mooияakeя™
08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Nah Cena doesn't do Heat, he'll get fed to Cena at a PPV, then he'll go to Heat.

Yeah, I think I'll go with this too.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I like Jericho better as a heel, really. I don't have any grand idea on how to bring him back at the moment, but I'd have him run in to save a face from a beatdown....have the inevitable tag match the next week with him turning on the very guy he saved, then bitching about how he got fired, blah blah blah. Maybe even have him play a paranoid character, always afraid he'll be fired again (kinda like Eric Young, but not really) and maybe bring back Mr. Loophole/Conspiracy Victim. :y:

Xero
08-04-2007, 10:18 PM
They should play it off like MVP is coming to RAW. Have a clock (like in MVP's entrance) just randomly show up time and again and have Teddy Long accusing him of leaping and threatening to sue if he does. This could be worked into a Long/MVP storyline beforehand.

Then, when it finally ticks down it winds up being Jericho. Let him feud in the main event for a two months or less, with MVP promoing against Jericho on SmackDown! (but Jericho never acknowledging him). This leads up to an MVP/Jericho program into WrestleMania.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Or maybe Jericho can go to ECW and attack Elijah Burke for calling himself a 'paragon of virtue'. :shifty:

mrslackalack
08-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Countdown Clock shown starting at Survivor Series

Countdown Clock runs through each RAW, ECW, and Smackdown

At the start of the Royal Rumble PPV there is notice that the Clock will end sometime that night.

At the Rumble the #30 spot countdown starts the EXACT same time as the countdown and its Jericho. Have him win the Rumble and the crowd goes insane.

Next night on RAW at the end of the show we get Jerichos first promo, have him come out (say if they was in Michigan and he was wearing a Wolverines jeresy) and talk about how much he loves the fans and is glad to be back and cant wait to face a champion at WM. Then he says ''Do you think I love you assclowns like John Cena Ann Arbor? (and he tears off his Michigan jeresy to reveal an Ohio State jeresy and claiming that all he heard was people talk about Cena Cena and not caring about Jericho!!!!!! He then says things to fans like ''You female fan right there your like Stephaine McMahon a cheap dirty slut .Then Jericho says he will NEVER EEVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR like John Cena. He wants Cena to leave the WWE forever like he did then introduces an ''agent'' the man that helped him come back and wants Cena gone like him, Eric Bischoff to a chorus of boos and for fans to give Jericho heat.

apokalypse7
08-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Jericho? simple.....

No clocks, no promos....

I would have Cena get in the ring, and start busting out one of his dull promos. Then let Khali hit the ring, translator in tow. I would have the translator talk about how Khali is the best of the champions, how he's the most charismatic force in the WWE. Have Morrison hit the ring, talk some trash about his 15 minutes. Let them go back and forth about how they all are rewriting the history of sports entertainment. Then I would Have the lights go off. Let a video package come on with some of the greatest championship reigns in WWE/F history. Let the package end teasing that the greatest of all left prematurely, how we've longed for his returned....

Of course tease the Rock.....Have some wild assed Pyros and ENTER JERICHO!!! Have him rip these asses in the ring, and have him blast the rest of us for cheering for these tramps. Have Jericho suggest a unification tournament, culminating in a Elimation Chamber at whatever event...
Voila! We unify the titles, end the brand extension, and bring in Y2J BACK!!!

All is right with the world!

apokalypse7
08-05-2007, 12:39 AM
not that i didn't like the clocks...
it would just take away from the shock since it was done already, and it was done perfectly!

The Naitch
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
I would have them hype up a special LIVE SD!

Then have Jericho debut during a Khali promo. Then have Jericho job to the chop of death at the PPV. RAAAAR!

addy2hotty
08-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I posted something like this in the Survivor Series thread.

Tonight, Vince explains that the brand split is coming to an end. He's sick of two titles, he's sick of having to give a damn about two sets of third rate performers that he wouldn't puke up on. He's sick of giving people like Teddy Long the right to run a show when he wasn't even a good referee. (you don't count ECW as that will stay seperate as its not strictly 'WWE')

Summerslam will be the last ever 'dual brand' PPV and after that, the Raw and SD rosters will unite and at Survivor Series a new UNDISPUTED CHAMPION will be crowned. In the run up to Summerslam, you can have lots of promos from various 'stars' across the show saying they want to be Undisputed Champion.

Cena and Khali both retain their titles at 'Slam and are the two automatic qualifiers for the Deadly Games 2 tournament and will be at opposite ends of the ladder for the PPV. In the build up, Batista, Orton, Carlito, Kennedy, MVP qualify and a Kane/Undertaker (if recovered) qualifier ends in a double count out after Khali interupts leaving a gap open facing Khali in the first round.

During all the talk about it, they don't mention Jericho once. Even have JBL say something like we're going to crown the first ever undisputed champion and have them ignorant to what he achieved.

Last Raw before SS, William Regal gets special dispensation to take the final spot from Vince - providing no-one else not involved in a match at SS decides to challenge him for the spot (I'd have Trips/Booker & Umaga/Hardy on the card). Regal walks round brass knuckling anyone not involved, such as Cryme Tyme etc etc.

At the end of the show, he comes to the ring to be announced as the final entrant, he talks, then the lights go out - the countdown begins and Jericho comes out. He says nothing, a ref appears, Regal looks shocked, Jericho wins a quick match with the REAL Lion-Tamer. After the match, Jericho grabs the mike and shouts 'Welcome to Raw is Jericho!' and the show goes off the air.

On the last SD, a huge clusterfuck of all the participants as a brawl ensues at the end. Khali clears the ring, and holds up his belt. Then the lights go out and the countdown starts. A short-haired, non-jokey Jericho stands on the ramp unafraid. He runs to the ring as the show goes off the air (like they used to).

At Survivor Series, he defeats Khali in the first round with a chair shot and the Break Down onto it. Booked as a big face, he defeats Ken Kennedy in the quarter finals and a HUGE win over Batista in the semis leaves him with a final against John Cena who has been through a war with Orton in the semis, Carlito beaten in the quarters and a STFU win over MVP in first round.

No history is mentioned, no comment about the way Cena ended his Raw career in disgrace. Cena says that 'may the best man win', Jericho says that 'no jokes, no catchphrases, all Cena needs to know is that the man who everyone's forgotten as being the FIRST undisputed champion, will do it again, as uniting titles is what I do'.

The match goes back and forth, somehow Jericho pulls a 4* out of Cena. Tables are broken, they fight in the crowd. It's all for the title. Orton (still feuding with Cena) comes to the ring after a ref bump and gets in the ring with a chair. Cena catches him and beats him down. Jericho, finding the chair, clocks Cena with it and hits the Lionsault. The ref counts 3, Jericho wins. He holds both title belts once more. Cena stands up and motions about the chair. Jericho picks it up, and goes to turn away but then hits Cena again, and again and again. He puts him in the Walls Of Jericho and Cena passes out.

On Raw, Jericho, now the heel that he plays best - says that Cena tried to end his career and failed, but Y2J doesn't fail, he's ruined Cena's dreams and Cena's life. Cena comes back in time for the Rumble. Jericho holds on until Wrestlemania 34 as the champion.

The Naitch
08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
nobody is gonna read all that shit, addy.

addy2hotty
08-06-2007, 03:28 PM

Ah, poor them. It beats Alienoid's booking, for once.

Mr. Nerfect
08-06-2007, 07:53 PM

I did. It was pretty good stuff. :y:

I think the clock for Jericho's return is a bit too predictable. I mean, everyone will see the clock and think "Jericho." I must say that Xero did a great job of using MVP as a diversion, and setting up Jericho/MVP. That has to be my favourite suggestion so far. The second being addy's and the third being mrslackalack's.

What I would do, is have John Cena defend the WWE Championship in a main event against Carlito, or something. Just one of your typical RAW main events, however turn it up a notch, so it doesn't get completely overshadowed by what happens next. As Cena is stomping around the ring, looking like an idiot, suddenly someone appears in the ring behind him, after running through the crowd. They are dressed entirely in black, with their face covered. They suddenly hit Cena in the back with a steel chair, and just beat the crap out of him. The attacker then grabs a mic, reveals himself to the world and screams "Jon Kenna...welcome to...RAW...IS...JERICHO!!!!" Then we fade out as JR is screaming "BAH GAWD! JERICHO IS BACK!" and King does his best to ruin the moment.

This leads to a simple storyline where Chris Jericho vowes he will defeat Cena this time, and recapture the WWE Championship, all the while getting revenge for his firing. John Cena tries to act confident, but it's obvious he senses a fire in Jericho. We kind of get a bit of role reversal, with Cena playing more of the heel heading into their PPV. That is where Jericho manages to put Cena in the Walls of Jericho, to which Cena passes out after a gruelling match, and Jericho wins his second WWE Championship.

John Cena can then come out and claim that Jericho never forced Cena to submit, and that Jericho could never make Cena willingly give up the WWE Title. Jericho can then mock Cena and pretend he's upset because the only reason Jericho is Champion is because Cena passed out, and then mocks forfeiting the Championship because he's not worthy, and then tells Cena that he enjoyed making Cena pass out, and that Cena may not have given up the Championship willing, but Jericho forced him to, and he's more than fine with that method of winning. In fact, Jericho could say he actually likes his way better.

This of course leads to an I Quit Match, where I would go a little Russo with the booking. During the match, Vince McMahon comes out, and brings some heel lackeys with him. They lay out Chris Jericho, and then Vince announces that as Chairman of the company, he is allowing this match to end alternately by pinfall. Cena is then placed on top of Jericho, and becomes Vince's Champion, as fans are outraged that either Jericho lost the belt, or that Cena has sold-out. This of course leads to a huge face chase for Jericho.

94 SVT Cobra
08-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Jerichos return? Elaborate promos spaced out? no way. Jericho is FAR FAR above all that nonsense, all you would need is cena to be in the middle of a promo and just have jerichos music go off and interupt. fuck a build up, jericho doesnt need one. and i hate that motherfucker sometimes because of his fanbase, you know, the smarks who think hes god. but none the less i do like him overall.

Shisen Kopf
08-07-2007, 01:28 AM
easy have Ralphus come to the wwe and have him promise that he is going to bring an old friend back. Keep this up for weeks, then during a match have the countdown and all that and send out Doink. Then explain that he and doink were really good friends and used to work as carnies back in the day and they should challenge anyone to a game of ring toss. This is obviously rigged and every week they do a "Ring Toss Challenge" kinda like the Masterlock thing only better. After 9 months of this ring toss shenanigans, Jericho walks out to the ring, with his new nickname, Mr VH1 Highlight show Commentator and then he procedes to play the ring toss and loses. Then he gets mad and leaves.

Shisen Kopf
08-07-2007, 04:45 PM
easy have Ralphus come to the wwe and have him promise that he is going to bring an old friend back. Keep this up for weeks, then during a match have the countdown and all that and send out Doink. Then explain that he and doink were really good friends and used to work as carnies back in the day and they should challenge anyone to a game of ring toss. This is obviously rigged and every week they do a "Ring Toss Challenge" kinda like the Masterlock thing only better. After 9 months of this ring toss shenanigans, Jericho walks out to the ring, with his new nickname, Mr VH1 Highlight Show Commentator and then he procedes to play the ring toss and loses. Then he gets mad and leaves.

this is one of the best ideas in the history of all humanity!

darkpower
08-08-2007, 04:34 AM
I would have Jericho come out on RAW the night after Summerslam, and have his fanfare on coming back, but who comes out to interrupt...JOHN CENA!! (wait until you see this) He asks how in the hell Jericho can have a good time when he knows what happened to Cena the night before (a loss of his title to Orton). He knows that Jericho is liked, but the fans shouldn't be forgetting that their hero lost the night before. This irks Jericho, because that implies that the fans HAVE to cheer Cena, and Jericho brings up the mixed reactions Cena has been getting, and Cena approaches the ring, wanting to fight, but they get stopped along the way to Unforgiven, and slowly, Cena develops a firm hate for Jericho, saying that at least he could actually carry a tune (remember Jericho and Fozzy). Slowly, too, Cena sees that the fans support Jericho more than Cena, and Cena flips them off more and more (see, Cena heel turn to kill two birds in one stone).

At Unforgiven, have them have a long, hard fought match, but right when Jericho is about to win with the Walls Of Jericho, have none other than...MVP attack him, on the basis that he is jealous of someone like Jericho thinking he's the MVP of the WWE. Jericho wants revenge, and decides to jump to SmackDown to fuck with MVP, but keep Cena in the back of his mind, wanting a rematch at somewhere like Wrestlemania.

Jericho would become the US Champ over time, and Cena would have his heel turn complete (or at least to a tweener).