PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown spoiled

Dave Youell
08-08-2007, 08:17 AM
From pwinsider.com;

DETAILED SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FROM YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO
by DJ Peckens @ 2:39:14 AM on 8/8/2007

Dark Matches:

Jesse & Festus (The Daltons ) d. Mike Mondo and Nick Nemeth (formerly Mikey and Nicky of the Spirit Squad)…after a “money shot” from Jesse. The Daltons are way over with there entrance theme resembling “Cotton-Eyed Joe” and everyone clapping along.

Chuck Palumbo d. Paul Burchall…after a running big boot and his finisher (which is kind of like a spinning “dominator”)

Smackdown:

Batista d. Domino to open up the show via the powerbomb (it wasn’t really a Batista-bomb since it wasn’t a sit-down powerbomb). After the match, Deuce tries to hit Batista with one of the tag team titles but he misses and Batista follows it up with a spinebuster and a powerbomb.

With Batista in the ring, Khali appears on the tron and utters some jibberish before Runjin Singh says that Batista better enjoy his victory and savor it because there will be no celebrating after Summerslam. He says that in case he doesn’t know what Khali is capable of, he should watch the video. We are then inexplicably shown video of Hornswaggle and Jamie Noble and all the while Batista is standing there with an empty look on his face (this will be fixed in editing tomorrow morning). Singh says that what happened to Ric Flair last week will happen to Batista at Summerslam.

Tony Chimmel in the ring announces to the crowd to please welcome back Rey Mysterio to Smackdown! Chavo Guerrero emerges with a Rey mask on and cuts a promo by saying that not only is Chavo a better wrestler than him (Rey), but that he is also a better human being. He says that he doesn’t think he can beat Chavo, because he is in the prime of his career. Chavo inflicted so much pain on his leg and made him say “I Quit.” Chavo (as Rey) goes on to say “I Quit” a few more times until Eugene ’s music hits.

Chavo Guerrero d. Eugene …Chavo actually went for the 619 during this match but comically flopped out of the ring. He then took off the mask to reveal what we already knew. Eugene mounted something resembling a comeback, hitting Chavo with the “3 Amigos,” but missed a Frog Splash and then fell victim to Chavo’s frog splash for the victory.

Mark Henry d. Sterling Keenan (who routinely works for IWC in Pittsburgh area) after an elbow drop and a bear hug. Henry grabs the mic and says that this is getting redundant; he says that all the fans are feeling sorry for his opponents. He says that he is the “Silverback” and that this is just what he does – and of course shows a video to prove it. At first it looks like it will show Undertaker’s decimation at the hands of Henry on May 8, but all of the sudden the video talks about how UT has risen from the dead plenty of times before as the arena goes dark. When the video ends and the lights come back on, we hear the druid music and see a druid walk back from the ring dropping what looked like sand all the way to the entrance. Mark Henry looks confused, which isn’t that much of a surprise; but so are we. Looks like UT vs. Henry at Unforgiven may be on the horizon.

Kenny Dykstra is shown backstage kissing Victoria …Michelle McCool walks by and tells them to get a room. Victoria says at least I have a man. Michelle says that he doesn’t look like much of a man and that she thinks of all men as hers.

Victoria d. Torrie Wilson…Jimmy Wang Yang decks Dykstra at ringside, which gives Torrie enough time for a roll-up attempt that Victoria kicks out of. Victoria wins with the Widow’s Peak, but is then attacked by Michelle who literally kicks Victoria out of the ring

MVP cuts a promo on the tron saying that he only lost the arm wrestling match last week because of a life-threatening heart condition. He says he had surgery on it and will be back in 1 week. MVP says that he will pick the event that he battles Matt Hardy in next week – and that nobody would be able to come back that soon and perform like him, because he is half man and half amazing – he is MVP. This guy gets more and more money every week.

Matt Hardy d. Finlay…via countout. Long, slow match that saw a disappointing finish. Hornswaggle appeared from under the ring and Finlay threw him beneath the bottom rope. Noble ran out and pulled Hornswaggle out, distracting Finlay. Hornswaggle ran to the back and was followed by Noble, who was followed by Finlay. He is counted out to give Hardy the win, which was followed by a chorus of boos for the lame ending.

Backstage, Finlay confronts Noble for picking on Hornswaggle. Noble says that there are three of them (he was with two other Cruiserweights) and only one Finlay. Finlay inadvertently smacks Kane, who was standing behind him, and Kane chokeslams Finlay into a wall and some other fine props.

Kane d. Sylvan (who came out to the old La Resistance music, different from what he used at a Raw house show in Wheeling over the weekend – and he was without Maryse as well)…Kane wins with a chokeslam, and as he lights the arena up from all four ringposts, Finlay sneaks in and attacks Kane from behind with the shillelagh. He beats on Kane for a good bit, even after the refs try to break it up.

Masterlock Challenge…Chris Masters issues an open challenge to any fan in the audience. He first picks a big dude, and Masters asks him, “What makes you think you can break my Masterlock?” This monster says, “I was all-state in football, the captain of my high school wrestling team, and I was convicted of manslaughter and just got out of prison.” (Oh, great….some death banter only a few months after Benoit.) Masters says he doesn’t want to embarrass the guy in front of his family and then picks out John from Youngstown (who happens to be “Fabulous” John McChesney, also from IWC --- big night for them!). Masters wins easily.

Ric Flair meets Batista backstage and tells him that “his idol” will cut Khali down to his size, slap on the Figure Four, and make Khali tap tonight.

Khali d. Ric Flair…Flair’s only offense was a thumb to the eye, a low blow, and a few chops. Khali pins Flair’s shoulders to the mat for the 3 count after squeezing his head in. He keeps the hold on Flair even after the bell rings and Batista makes the save, backing Khali into the corner. Batista later sets him up for the Batista bomb but Khali shoves him away and squeezes his head until he stands tall over both Batista and Flair to close the show.

A few notes:
– As someone mentioned, the Chevrolet Centre is not very big so Batista’s pyro was sure to blow out some eardrums, especially those who were close to the stage.

– I was sitting almost even with the SD set and I could only see the tron from the back, where all of the video is a mirror image of what you see at home. One of the funny things was that it made Eugene seem less “special” since he E was facing the right way for once.

– They ran down the Summerslam lineup at one point, announcing that Punk would face Morrison at SS, and effectively ruining the main event of ECW for the home crowd.

Great idea for the WWE to give away the result of the main event of ECW DURING Smackdown. Whilst I have no problems with Morrison and Punk going at it again there really should be a stipulation added to this match to make it different from their previous PPV encounters. Do ECW have 'extreme rules' matches these days??

Dykstra and Victoria as an on screen couple. There is what, about 14 or so years of a difference there?? Makes a change from Vince sleazing on the Divas I suppose.

We still have two weeks of Smackdown and one SNME before SummerSlam. I am hoping for Hardy vs MVP for the US Title at SummerSlam but NOT Kane vs Finlay (although good to have the latter back) and Hornswoggle vs Jamie Noble!

Xero
08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
"– I was sitting almost even with the SD set and I could only see the tron from the back, where all of the video is a mirror image of what you see at home. One of the funny things was that it made Eugene seem less “special” since he E was facing the right way for once."

But wouldn't the rest of his name be backwards?

And be spelled "eneguE"?

KingofOldSchool
08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Sooo on screen Santino is seeing Maria, Vicky is seeing Kenny, so it only makes sense for Mickie to start seeing CM Punk.

CSL
08-08-2007, 09:51 AM
SJK was on Smackdown?! That's pretty feckin' sweet.

Jeritron
08-08-2007, 03:56 PM
CM Punk vs Morrison should be a ladder match. Perhaps and "extreme ladder match"

Stickman
08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
good thing I wont' be watching

Corkscrewed
08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
MVP cuts a promo on the tron saying that he only lost the arm wrestling match last week because of a life-threatening heart condition. He says he had surgery on it and will be back in 1 week.
LOL

Not a bad show, on the undercard. Head Squeeze of Death is the most hilarious most horrible finisher ever. :lol:

Jeritron
08-08-2007, 06:02 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Well the skull crush squeeze is fucking disgusting. It makes me cringe to think of the actual act, and it always gets a rise out of me in a Jason or Myers movie. So for a guy like Khali, I don't think it's a bad maneuver. Not as a finisher, but as a post match destruction thing (a la Orton's kick)</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bad Company
08-08-2007, 06:07 PM
lol at mvp

Vastardikai
08-09-2007, 01:54 AM
LOL

Not a bad show, on the undercard. Head Squeeze of Death is the most hilarious most horrible finisher ever. :lol:

Head Squeeze of Death? don't tell me Khali is using the Cranium Crush...

Londoner
08-09-2007, 02:46 AM
I agree with the LOL@ MVP comment, I love stuff like that.

Bad Company
08-09-2007, 03:20 AM
You know, on reflection, that is going to be alot better to read than on smackdown :(

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2007, 05:25 AM
This doesn't sound too awful. Starting with the dark matches, I hope Mike Mondo and Nick Nemeth get called back up soon. Mike Mondo won me over during the Spirit Squad thing, and Nemeth has potential. Paul Burchill needs to get called up to SmackDown!, too. The team with Dave Taylor doesn't sound too bad.

I really wish they weren't doing this Dalton crap. That is Terry Gordy's son out there. I don't see why they didn't just call them Ray Gordy & Drew Deville, and give them a tag team name, let them keep the same music, and get arguably better results. But anyway, it's good to see they didn't fall flat on their faces.

This stuff involving the women isn't actually too bad, if you ask me. Victoria can really help Torrie Wilson and Michelle McCool improve as performers. I still think they should call up either Shantelle Taylor or Krissy Vaine to the SmackDown! roster to help out with the women issues. Add Nattie Neidhart and Katie Lea to that list, and you have a great ladies' division.

The MVP stuff sounds great. It's almost like how Kurt Angle was claiming he tore his quad "this morning" and he was fine. Classic stuff, I'm looking forward to the probable TLC Match between Matt Hardy and MVP. I'd much rather Matt play MVP's game, though, and introduce an instant replay rule to the match, so MVP can't cheat. Throw in a stipulation about MVP losing the title if he loses by disqualification, and have strict rules. It'd use MVP's character against him, which could be interesting.

The Matt Hardy/Finlay/Jamie Noble/Hornswoggle thing has me interested, because Matt Hardy and Hornswoggle appear to be faces, whereas Jamie Noble and Finlay and heels, yet what we get is Hardy & Noble vs. Finlay & Hornswoggle. I'm also liking the prospect Kane vs. Finlay feud. I think those two would have a good match. The sooner Jamie Noble wins the Cruiserweight Title, the better.

I'm kind of glad Sylvan isn't getting the rumoured push. I was all for La Resistance returning with Maryse at their side, but I don't know, he's not awful, but I've never really bought into Sylvan. He has been given 2D gimmicks, though. He could be something with good writing, but we all know that isn't going to happen. I wouldn't really lose any sleep if he ended up released like Rene Dupree. It'd probably be a good business move.

Mr. Nerfect
08-09-2007, 05:27 AM
By the way, the reason I didn't comment on the main event scene is because it does not interest me in the slightest.

Xerzes
08-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Think I've decided. I'm not watching Smackdown while Annoying Midget and Big Useless Lump are both champions. When one of those ends, we'll see.