PDA

View Full Version : Six Feet Under

ct2k
08-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Been rewatching this right from the start recently and realised how fucking brilliant this show was. I mean just the depth of character development, and the way the show dealt with all of the issues around life/death etc was/is superb. So fucking goddamn emotional at times too, the finale especially, poor Keith:wavesad:

Anyways, fans? Favourite characters/storylines etc?

Jon Kano
08-19-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know if its corny or stupid or what, but this is the absolute truth.

The first, and everytime I see the ending minutes of the first, pilot episode, where Nate goes for a jog, he sees his father on the bus, Waiting by The Devlins kicks in and he just looks around - the feeling/interpretation I get from seeing that clip gets to me EVERYTIME. Chills go down my back, I get goosebumps and something deep and important overcomes me. Its an amazing show, but the one scene is something else.

El Vaquero de Infierno
08-19-2007, 11:53 AM
I wish Channel 4 or More 4 (which ever of the 4-channels which occasionally broadcasts it) would show the repeats at a more civilized time (like i'm going to be up around 4 am). I never watched the program when it was first on (to my eternal shame), but when I have caught it on late night tv, I loved it.

I should think about buying it on DVD if I kind the boxsets cheap.

ct2k
08-19-2007, 12:31 PM
I think the scenes which got me the most were (without giving too much away) Nate's 'final goodbye' to Lisa if you will and Nate, his Dad and David on the beach together right at the end, so many amazing scenes and episodes though, awesome show.

Blitz
08-19-2007, 01:35 PM
'twas the goods. I didn't actually get into it till like season 3 (still haven't seen the earlier ones yet). One of the best series finales I've ever seen.

Jordan
08-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Six Feet Under is the most inspirational piece I have ever seen for me as an actor. I love every single thing about the show, it's my favorite piece of film ever. My favorite storyline is Nate and Lisa in the 3rd season, Nate just lost everything its amazing.

PapaGeorgio
06-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Just started watching this show, been meaning to get involved with it for sometime now. As a kid I semi was interested in being a funeral home director, like at career days I would see em and wanted to apply to some places for part time summer work in high school but didn't sadly.

Anyways, this show is sooo good thus far. I am into dark shows so that adds to it. The music score is hot shit too, the guy who does it has been involved with a shit ton of famous movies. The acting is also great too. Can't wait to see where it will all go, just finishing season 1.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-22-2011, 11:40 AM
It took me nearly four years but I finally bought the complete series of Six Feet Under, a couple of months ago, and I have just finished the last episode. I watched the final 4 episodes back-to-back, and I'm just in this kind of daze; feel like I need to sort my life out rather than standing still like I have been doing for nearly a year now.

It is some of the most depressing and weirdest television I have ever seen, and yet also enlightening and strangely uplifting. I have to put it up there with The Wire in terms of great tv. If you haven't seen it already, give it a try. Shame on Chanel 4/More 4 for treating it the way they did.

P.S.
I'm in love with Lauren Ambrose.

Wolfpack423
04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
It took me nearly four years but I finally bought the complete series of Six Feet Under, a couple of months ago, and I have just finished the last episode. I watched the final 4 episodes back-to-back, and I'm just in this kind of daze; feel like I need to sort my life out rather than standing still like I have been doing for nearly a year now.

It is some of the most depressing and weirdest television I have ever seen, and yet also enlightening and strangely uplifting. I have to put it up there with The Wire in terms of great tv. If you haven't seen it already, give it a try. Shame on Chanel 4/More 4 for treating it the way they did.

P.S.
I'm in love with Lauren Ambrose.

First off, good taste. Lauren Ambrose is gorgeous, but then again I am a redhead fan for the most part. Claire is a great character as well. I think Six Feet Under is easily some of the best television ever producers. The finale is the best finale of any television show. The cast is unbelievable: Michael C. Hall and Peter Krause are two of my favorite actors. Sometimes television actors are better than movie actors and in this instance these two hold that to be true. The character development is always great and each episode has something to do with the death which I also like and I am a big fan of darker shows/movies. I LOOOOOVE the new movie Super for that reason as well. I am definitely looking to get all the seasons on DVD. Hopefully the boxset goes down in price. I watched the whole season last summer and I try to watch re-runs every time I catch it. Brenda was always a great character too. When Nate didn't know if Lisa was alive or dead in Season 3 was a great storyline. Clair traveling to the afterlife and finding Lisa was a great scene and Jon Kano that scene always gets me as well. I don't know what it is but I get the same feelings. Good topic. It is such an underappreciated show and I love how deep it gets maybe that's the whole premise of six feet under.

El Vaquero de Infierno
04-28-2011, 04:28 PM
I was just thinking about the episode when David is carjacked. They rung out every ounce of madness and tension that they could from it. Fantastic episode. One of the best of the entire series.

Lauren Ambrose is going to be in the new Torchwood series, so I'm especially looking forward to it.

RoXer
06-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Just finished this. Kinda drained right now.

RoXer
06-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Great casting. Superb acting. Excellent directing.

I was just thinking about the episode when David is carjacked. They rung out every ounce of madness and tension that they could from it. Fantastic episode. One of the best of the entire series.

That whole scene had me going "WTF IS HAPPENING" thinking they'd surely stop showing it or David would wake up or it would get resolved sooner than it did but it just kept going. Damn.

I haven't figured out if I'm inspired by what I watched or more depressed.

DrA
06-23-2011, 12:56 AM
I saw the first few episodes of this and despised it. Does it get any better?

RoXer
06-23-2011, 01:42 AM
I saw your original thread when searching for this thread. I don't think you'll like it.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I just bought the entire series of Six Feet Under for £30 the other day. Hadn't seen any of it before but had always heard good things and I thought it was a pretty good price to take a gamble with it. Almost finished Season 1 and I'm enjoying it. It's not up there with my favourite shows yet but it's got another 4 seasons to get there.

Taker it Easy
08-21-2011, 12:42 PM
This is my favorite show ever. It is my bible in regards to film, tv and scripts. The best finale ever. It was like a slow and gentle release after the craziest roller coaster ride ever.

ct2k
08-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Not watched this show probably since I made this post, but ya, awesome, I need to get the entire season box set for sure.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-13-2011, 06:41 PM
I've just finished the series. I've been watching about 2 or 3 episodes a day, but I had to watch all of the last 6 episodes today, I just had to keep watching.

My god it was amazing. Honestly thought they were just going to reveal they were in a dream for the last couple of episodes or something and that Nate was going to be fine. The episode of his funeral and then the last 10 minutes of the finale were so unbelievably brilliant.

Sonofanarchy
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
that girl wanted to watch so ive restarted watchhing it myself.

Great show.

El Vaquero de Infierno
11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
I've decided to rewatch the show; been jonesing to do so for a few months now. Just finished the pilot; once again: fuckin' amazing.