PDA

View Full Version : So I'm watching SNME...

The One
08-19-2007, 03:06 AM
And I can't for the life of me understand this Vince McMahon being a dad angle. If he is served with papers saying one of his employees is his child, wouldn't that superstar KNOW, seeing as how they, you know, served him the papers? So how could Eugene or Malina or whoever not be 100% sure, either they asked for the paternity tests or they didn't. Also, in what strange legal paperwork would the potential father NOT know who their child could be. Unless I'm mistaken, it should say ON THE TEST. Basically, this is one of the most idiotic angles McMahon has ever written himself into. Hell his purposed incest angle with Steph (who thank god should good enough judgment to say no) was still better than this.

Oh, and Khali sucks something aweful. Cena is a turd. And I miss Austin. He's a fraction of a shell of his former self and still the only thing even remotely worthwhile thus far.

The One
08-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Oh and I am still confused as unholy fucking hell about what McMahon in the mirror turning to an old picture of his interviewing days had to do with anything...

Skippord
08-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Yeah, what the hell was that supposed to be

The One
08-19-2007, 03:24 AM
OK, hearing Michael Buffer saying "Straight Up Ballin'" was worth watching this entire show for. :lol:

Seriously, someone get just that audio clip for me and I will love you for it.

Londoner
08-19-2007, 04:53 AM
I fell asleep during that show, thats now two wrestling shows in one week ive fallen asleep in. It was the boxing match that did it, what happened in that?

Pardeep 619
08-19-2007, 07:44 AM
^^ Holyfield knocked out MVP and ended in no contest

Ben Rodrigues
08-19-2007, 07:54 AM
The wrestler didn't file the paternity suit - it was the mother of a wrestler.

HeartBreakMan2k
08-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Which is equally retarded regardless.

HeartBreakMan2k
08-19-2007, 08:09 AM
I mean, really... is every wrestler auditioning to be Vinnie Mac's son basically calling their mother a huge gaping whore in the process?

Londoner
08-19-2007, 08:52 AM
^^ Holyfield knocked out MVP and ended in no contest

LOL weird, didn't expect that.

Xero
08-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't know, I guess I'm the only one in the world who thinks it's remotely interesting and can see how/why they're doing everything.

I can usually figure out reasons they do shit in a storyline-way in even the most unskillfully written angles.

Rammsteinmad
08-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Why is it that the biggest angle is based around Vince again?

2007 WWE should basically be called "Hi, My name is Vince" or summit.

Rammsteinmad
08-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Also I agree with the One, this angle is retarded. When the Raw preview said Vince was returning and that something big was gonna happen to shake up Raw, I was excited all night at work hoping that he'd announce the end of the brands and unite all the rosters.

I come home that morning and go on WWE and get all this child shit. :nono:

Xero
08-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Why is it that the biggest angle is based around Vince again?

2007 WWE should basically be called "Hi, My name is Vince" or summit.
Because Vince is the most built up character they have. Is it because he wants to be? Sure, doesn't mean he isn't the most built up and evolved character on the roster.

Jura
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
The wrestler didn't file the paternity suit - it was the mother of a wrestler.
The return of Shelton's mama!

Kane Knight
08-19-2007, 02:41 PM
The Paternity suit with cite mother and child, but who gives a shit?

The angle is dumb, but this leap in logic is no worse than Police allowing beat downs in the ring, or corporations' fates being decided by a wrestling match.

IC Champion
08-19-2007, 02:45 PM

The angle is dumb, but this leap in logic is no worse than Police allowing beat downs in the ring, or corporations' fates being decided by a wrestling match.
I like the match at KOTR with Austin vs The McMahons in a ladder match for the WWF.

Anybody Thrilla
08-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I was really hoping that when Ron Simmons looked in the mirror, it would warp to a picture of him as Faarooq Asad with that dumbass helmet, then it would've been funnier for him to say "DAMN!".

Sepholio
08-19-2007, 08:40 PM
It's melina. They can go with the incest angle that way since he 'apparently' nailed her at a July 4th afterparty.

Sepholio
08-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I was really hoping that when Ron Simmons looked in the mirror, it would warp to a picture of him as Faarooq Asad with that dumbass helmet, then it would've been funnier for him to say "DAMN!".

Yeah I was waiting for that too. Then I thought he was going to look at his shirt in the mirror, say "NMAD!", then look down at his shirt without the mirror and nod and say "DAMN!".

Crossrine
08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by The One
OK, hearing Michael Buffer saying "Straight Up Ballin'" was worth watching this entire show for.

Seriously, someone get just that audio clip for me and I will love you for it.

Lol I found what I could

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vaKZUFxI0DM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vaKZUFxI0DM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Anybody Thrilla
08-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I really didn't think SNME was that bad, for what it was.

Xero
08-19-2007, 09:54 PM
LOL, I know they did it in WCW but WWE needs to bring Buffer in for at least some PPVs.

"He's the doctor of Thuganomics... He is a Blockbuster movie star... He is the World Wrestling Entertainment Champion... AND WE CAN'T SEEEEE HIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMM! JOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEEEEEENA!"

BigDaddyCool
08-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, the entire thing was weak. But the odd thing is my girl wanted to watch it and kept me up all night to see it and now she wants to watch Summerslam. Which is kinda cool. It is now her fault I watch 7 1/2 hours of wrestling a week.

#1-norm-fan
08-19-2007, 09:59 PM
I really didn't think SNME was that bad, for what it was.

I thought it was great, period.

One of the more overall entertaining wrestling shows I've seen in a really long time. I even liked the fact that they ended it a little slow with the ECW match. Just a fun show.

Anybody Thrilla
08-19-2007, 10:03 PM
The Holyfield/Hardy/MVP thing was handled just about as good as it could have been without making anybody look idiotic, and it was really unique.

mrslackalack
08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Pretty good SNME I thought

Xerzes
08-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Mostly crap. Boxing bit was significantly better than I expected, but I'm not sure that's really saying much. Khali is still completely without value.

Kane Knight
08-20-2007, 09:04 AM
I like the match at KOTR with Austin vs The McMahons in a ladder match for the WWF.
Okay, for the short bus people, I wasn't saying those were bad. I said the leap of logic here was no worse than the leap in logic required to believe other elements in wrestling.

If anything, I'm comparing it to angles which are accepted as good to MAKE the point that nitpicking the flawed logic on this angle is retarded.

Xero
08-20-2007, 09:26 AM
The Holyfield/Hardy/MVP thing was handled just about as good as it could have been without making anybody look idiotic, and it was really unique.
Except they really should have advertised it at least two weeks in advance.

Anybody Thrilla
08-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Except they really should have advertised it at least two weeks in advance.

I'm not gonna bitch about their advertising. I don't give a fuck. I knew when to watch it, and I did. Definitely would have been beneficial to them, but it had no bearing on my enjoyment of it whatsoever.

Xero
08-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, failure to advertise someone as mainstream as Holyfield could certainly hinder your ability in the future to watch it and enjoy it. You know, if they don't exist.

And before someone comes up and says "OMG THEY ARENT GONNA DIEZZZ", no, not because of Holyfield, but not advertising something that can potentially get ratings or mainstream attention is not helping their case.

Anybody Thrilla
08-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Much like Matt Hardy, I live for the moment.

C'mon, I enjoyed a show. Big whoop.

Anybody Thrilla
08-20-2007, 09:57 AM
I do wonder how much an advertisement of Evander Holyfield would have spiked the ratings, though. I think if anything, people would just laugh at it and think Evander had hit rock bottom. I'm not saying such is the case, but I think that would be the general feeling.

Xero
08-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey, I'm not telling you to give a shit about the health of the company. I'm just throwing that out there.

C'mon, I enjoy thinking of the demise of WWE. Big whoop.

Xero
08-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I do wonder how much an advertisement of Evander Holyfield would have spiked the ratings, though. I think if anything, people would just laugh at it and think Evander had hit rock bottom. I'm not saying such is the case, but I think that would be the general feeling.
If ONE person would have tuned in because of Holyfield, saw something they liked and ordered SummerSlam, then yes, it hurt the product. By a microscopic amount, but it technically hurt it.

My point is that they don't advertise their big mainstream-related shit enough sometimes. Sometimes they do, and other times they don't.

Anybody Thrilla
08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
They advertised the shit out of Donald Trump. Honestly, I think he generated more interest than Holyfield would have. Boxing's been on a backslide for years now.

Ultimately, I don't think this will be the crack in the WWE's foundation to finally send them under, though. That's a tad on the silly side.

Tazz Dan
08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
LOL, I know they did it in WCW but WWE needs to bring Buffer in for at least some PPVs.

"He's the doctor of Thuganomics... He is a Blockbuster movie star... He is the World Wrestling Entertainment Champion... AND WE CAN'T SEEEEE HIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMM! JOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEEEEEENA!"

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Xero Limit 126 again.
<!-- / main error message -->

<!-- <input type="submit" class="button" value="Go Back" accesskey="s" onclick="history.back(1); return false" />
--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pepsi Man
08-20-2007, 06:46 PM

rofl; gotta admit that shit's pretty hilarious thinking about it not in watching-the-show mode.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2007, 08:39 PM

That honestly would have been the most awesome thing ever.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't know, I guess I'm the only one in the world who thinks it's remotely interesting and can see how/why they're doing everything.

I can usually figure out reasons they do shit in a storyline-way in even the most unskillfully written angles.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't think this is too interesting, but I can see why they're doing it. I'm not really liking every Superstar jumping up in Vince's face and wanting to be his son, though. A few should be disgusted and want nothing to do with Vince.

It doesn't make sense that the son or daughter would not be revealed to Vince, but with the recent (attempted) comedy running through their storylines, it wouldn't surprise me if Jonathan Coachman just forgot to look at the names.

I don't think they should push the payoff past Summerslam, though. Have a disguised voice appear over the P.A., and inform Vince that he will reveal himself at Summerslam. Then have it turn out to be Kennedy, as expected (I still think someone as menial as Paul London would be so much more interesting, explaining his smile before Vince got blown up), and have the storyline evolve from there.

Kane Knight
08-20-2007, 09:40 PM

I doubt that's the case, honestly. Holyfield still has decent credibility. And people didn't think Trump had hit rock bottom. Probably because WWE is a lateral move after bankruptcy, but still.

Anyway, I'm not really arguing with you, since you don't believe that is indeed the case.

However, the logic of having him on the show is that he'll bring in ratings. If people are going to laugh at him, there's no point in having him on TV. So they think he's worth having there. Therefore, it's smart to advertise.

But that sort of shit shouldn't affect how enjoyable a show is, just how many people watch it.

Kane Knight
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
rofl; gotta admit that shit's pretty hilarious thinking about it not in watching-the-show mode.

I always do that. Don't get me wrong, I love wrestling, but this shit is hilarious sometimes. Vince should have gone to jail a long time ago, but what we're worried about is the wording on a paternity suit?

parkmania
08-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, they tried advertizing the shit out of the Jackass guys being at SS, now look at how that's blown up in their face.

Kane Knight
08-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, they tried advertizing the shit out of the Jackass guys being at SS, now look at how that's blown up in their face.

Yes, so from now on, let's book every match as though Chris Benoit is about to kill himself and his family and distance ourselves from the pop culture. You never know when that man will strike again.