PDA

View Full Version : Motor City Machine Guns

Mooияakeя™
08-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know what the pointing to the palm means? Cos I ain't got a clue. Yet all the fans do it like they know. So I feel left out. Help anyone?

The Fugitive
08-19-2007, 10:13 AM
From Wikipedia:

Signature gestures
- Pointing to their right palm, roughly corresponding to Detroit's location on a map of Michigan.

loopydate
08-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Fugitive's right. Michigan's lower peninsula is shaped like a hand with the thumb pointing out to the right. Michiganders (yes, sadly, that's what we call ourselves) answer "Where ya from?" by pointing to the corresponding spot on their palm.

In my case (before I moved to Florida), I'd point to slightly right of the center of my palm to indicate Midland. Detroit is in the southeast corner, which is where Shelley and Sabin point.

It's a Michigan thing. It's stupid, but it's huge there.

mrslackalack
08-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Yup

Mooияakeя™
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Über. I can now sleep well. Nice touch me thinks. It's got meaning. Better than beating your chest I guess.

The Fugitive
08-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Fugitive's right. Michigan's lower peninsula is shaped like a hand with the thumb pointing out to the right. Michiganders (yes, sadly, that's what we call ourselves) answer "Where ya from?" by pointing to the corresponding spot on their palm.

In my case (before I moved to Florida), I'd point to slightly right of the center of my palm to indicate Midland. Detroit is in the southeast corner, which is where Shelley and Sabin point.

Wow. When you explain it like that, that's incredible. And not in a good way.

Shisen Kopf
08-21-2007, 12:52 AM

that's wrong, mount pleasant is dead center, you should have pointed over a little more. Man I hate when people don't get their hand map of Michigan correct. On a side note, I too have moved from Michigan to Florida and there are even more wiggers and white trash here. I think they come down from Pasco County.

loopydate
08-24-2007, 01:51 AM
Yeah, Mt. P is dead center, but I'm from Midland, so...