PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween..

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Click (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809784517/video/3774751/20070820/275/3774751-1000-wmv-s.41606705-,3774751-100-wmv-s.41606600-,3774751-1000-flash-s.41606803-,3774751-100-flash-s.41606745-,3774751-700-wmv-s.41606656-,3774751-700-flash-s.41606779-,3774751-300-flash-s.41606765-,3774751-300-wmv-s.41606622-)

2 Trailers and one 4 min video about the movie.. Personally, as a Halloween and Rob Zombie fan I can not wait.. Zombie says the movie is broken down into three acts.. The first being Michael Myers as a child.. Like how he developed into a sadistic killer.. Second act is him as a young man in the mental iinstatution.. How he meet Dr. Loomis etc.. The third is the remake of the original movie..

I dunno about you guys but I'm prolly going to see this Friday night..

Champion of Europa
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
So psyched for it.

The Destroyer
08-25-2007, 02:12 PM
So it's a prequel and a remake all in one? Nice to know there's some original ideas left in the world of film making...

Skippord
08-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Looks pretty sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk

El Vaquero de Infierno
08-25-2007, 04:01 PM
I personally don't see the point to a remake of this film, other than to make the studios some easy money.

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
O_o

It's not really a remake though..

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I got a free ticket for this thanks to buying the original yesterday at Best Buy. :love:

Jura
08-26-2007, 12:01 AM
I've never been a fan or got into the Halloween series.

Fryza
08-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Definately seeing this. I'm just not sure about Rob as a director considering his last two flicks...

Mr Regal
08-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Looks pretty sweet. I'll go watch it:y:

Rob Zombie > You

KingofOldSchool
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Definately seeing this. I'm just not sure about Rob as a director considering his last two flicks...

:foc:

Mr Regal
08-26-2007, 10:03 AM

:foc:

His last two flicks were pure awesomeness:rant:

Kane Knight
08-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Looks good, which is surprising, considering how much ass Rob Zombie chugs.

Mr Regal
08-26-2007, 10:30 AM
You fucking Chug:foc:

Disturbed316
08-26-2007, 04:52 PM
House and Rejects were fucking awesome.

Azriel
08-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm psyched for this

Boondock Saint
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Honestly, when I heard Zombie was directing, I thought it was a good choice, even though I think Halloween is one of the best horror films and still stands the test of time. I liked both House and Rejects and I know Zombie is a big horror fan.

However, the stuff I've seen so far, looks...well,dumb. I dunno if I'll check it out in theaters or not...very undecided still.

What Would Kevin Do?
08-27-2007, 04:30 AM
You know, my friend made a good point. I wonder if they'll do a sequel, since the second Halloween movie essentially takes place the same night... or so he says it does, I can't remember.

Boondock Saint
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Would depend on the success of this.

Champion of Europa
08-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I know a guy who was a PA on this, and Rob Zombie's assistant quit, so they bumped him up to Assistant to Mr. Zombie.

Jordan
08-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I love The Devils Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses sucks, but he was pressured and buckled to what other people wanted. And he more or less did what he wanted to do with Corpses with Devils Rejects. Halloween should be pretty decent, but I don't think it will end up being one of his best in the long run.

Russenmafia
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
House and Rejects were fucking awesome.

agreed.

Sheriff John Quincy Wydell in The Devils Rejects is one of the best characters I have ever seen in a film.

DS
08-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I just finished watching it and I thought it was pretty good. I thought it would be a more Devils Rejects/1000 Corpses type movie but it's not so much. I think that if you liked either of those you'll still like this but I think you'd have a better chance of liking it if you were a fan of the original.

The beginning where it tries to explain why he's the way he is is pretty fun to watch. Kind of gives the story a good refreshing feeling to it.

I'd watch it again.

Volchok
08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
http://megavideo.com/?v=R6VLPGKJ

full working video.

Champion of Europa
08-30-2007, 04:12 AM
Just finished previewing it at our theater. I really liked it. I thought the some parts of the end dragged a little bit, but overall I thought it was a nice character study/horror film.

PapaGeorgio
08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
I liked the part of him as kid. Would have loved a movie just all bout that. Overall thought it was good stuff. Although found him more creepy when he wasn't wearing the classic mask/outfit and instead was walking around with a kane like mask.

Lara Emily
08-31-2007, 03:18 AM
fucking awesome, completely and utterly different than Carpenter's but it works in it's own right, unlike say the TCM or Black Christmas remake. It's a slasher movie that actually earns it's R rating none of this bullshit all audience friendly crap, this is brutal, vicious and bloody. It's interesting though that Myers is just fucking mean (and I mean take no shit, kill anything that even breathes on him mean) in this and yet he's also the most human he's ever been.

It's gonna get shat on by most critics and most stuck up Carpenter fans but it's the best thing to come out of the Halloween series since at least 1988 (that being Halloween 4), Halloween fans who shit on this should should be fucking happy they got anything at all after that abortion of a film Halloween Resurrection, now there's a movie worth hating on.

God willing it does at least well in the box office, so that R-rated mean spirited horror films get some new life after Roth's Hostel II fiasco. Two bombs in a row and it's hello endless supply of PG-13 crap, at least this remake had some fucking balls.

Jeritron
08-31-2007, 05:10 AM
So bad

I'm a big Halloween fan, and I was open to the idea of a remake/reinterpretation.

It's not a matter of dissapointment or purist anger with me, it's just a flat out horrible movie. Aside from it being a terribly paced and meaningless movie, the whole thing is such patchwork. The end is just thrown together and the characters that we're supposed to care for are meaningless. Myers is the focus, but without anything devoted to his victims, they're just victims.

Aside from that, it's an abortion to characters like Loomis, and they back off on key elements of Myers.

Probably a reason why Halloweenmovies.com has had their boards taken down, and it isn't being screened for critics. It's a disaster and I think they know it.

Lara Emily
08-31-2007, 07:13 AM
So bad

I'm a big Halloween fan, and I was open to the idea of a remake/reinterpretation.

It's not a matter of dissapointment or purist anger with me, it's just a flat out horrible movie. Aside from it being a terribly paced and meaningless movie, the whole thing is such patchwork. The end is just thrown together and the characters that we're supposed to care for are meaningless. Myers is the focus, but without anything devoted to his victims, they're just victims.

Aside from that, it's an abortion to characters like Loomis, and they back off on key elements of Myers.

Probably a reason why Halloweenmovies.com has had their boards taken down, and it isn't being screened for critics. It's a disaster and I think they know it.
The pacing wasn't bad it was just very much a theatrical pace (as in a play) that is to say 3 acts, I thought each worked in their own right came to tell a overall decent story. The ending I'll give ya is a wee bit weak, the workprint one is more interesting but if ya think they weakened Myers ya wouldn't like that one. Honestly Zombie sets you up to care about Laurie through Micheal's interactions with her as a baby, this was more a Mikey Myers film than a Laurie Strode one which works for me becase quite frankly if you tried to find anyone to redo Jamie Lee Curtis you're just asking for trouble, the new Laurie while obiviously not given the time that Jamie got did well enough to be likeable. As for the others ya really don't care about them much in the original either, at least I didn't.

I disagree on Loomis, it's different sure, but I thought MacDowell did a bang up job channeling the spirit of Loomis even if this Loomis is in an entirely different situation.

In a random note one of the best things that Zombie did do was get rid of the Myers stalks Laurie and friends with his car for hours.

What key elements did they back off on Myers btw in your opinion?

Mr. Pierre
09-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Just got back from seeing it, and I loved it. :y:

SPOILERS in black: <font color=black> My favorite addition that Zombie did was indirectly introduce Laurie as a baby, and also the realistic scene with Michael killing the Strodes. It was a great way to show that Michael wanted to be the only one to love his baby sister, and therefore took it out on her parents. </font color>

Jura
09-02-2007, 05:34 PM
It was okay.

Jura
09-02-2007, 06:15 PM
BTW, the girl who plays Laurie is hot and what's up with almost all of the characters in the beginning having long hair? The doctor, the mom, the sister, the boyfriend, Ronnie, Michael himself, etc.

Crimson
09-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Why did the story change in this one though? Why does ..
***SPOILER***

Loomis get killed...? Also in the beginning they showed his parents being all trailer trash like..but in the OG he had a perfectly normal family and was clean cut when he got older..he wasn't 6foot 8 imitation of Kane. IMO it woulda been more creepy if they woulda stuck wth that part of the story.

Crimson
09-03-2007, 05:28 PM
But I didn't really like it , they overdid the murders..wayy too many with no character depth ..and im a guy that loves slashers. I did like Danielle Harris being brought back in it though, she's hot as hell.

Lara Emily
09-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Why did the story change in this one though? Why does ..
***SPOILER***

Loomis get killed...? Also in the beginning they showed his parents being all trailer trash like..but in the OG he had a perfectly normal family and was clean cut when he got older..he wasn't 6foot 8 imitation of Kane. IMO it woulda been more creepy if they woulda stuck wth that part of the story.

RZ changed it to make Halloween his own.

Skippord
09-04-2007, 12:35 AM
I rather liked it

the kid who played Michael at the beginning will haunt my dreams for many a year

Downunder
09-04-2007, 12:59 AM
I liked it - up to a point, that point being up until the last 30-45 minutes.

Also jura, they all had long hair because it was the fashion back in the 70's 80's

Jura
09-04-2007, 01:29 AM
I liked it - up to a point, that point being up until the last 30-45 minutes.

Also jura, they all had long hair because it was the fashion back in the 70's 80's
Yeah, I realized that a little while after posting it and also I think Skippord was in the movie.

Downunder
09-04-2007, 05:02 AM
:D

Skippord
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah and the ending bugged the crap out of me

Blitz
09-05-2007, 12:40 AM
I liked it. There were a couple too many unintentional laugh moments (young Michael wearing The Mask just looked dumb, not scary or creepy), I felt like they spent a touch too much time with young Michael in the institution (I would've liked to see some of his teenager years in there), and I really disliked that they had to give Michael the standard bad childhood that always seems to result in serial killing in the movies. But the final act was well done and there were some effective performances (I particularly liked the kid playing Tommy). Worth the time and money to see it.

I also liked that they (seemingly) did an ending that didn't suggest a sequel. The idea of Myers as a standard (albeit super tough) human killer, rather than some supernatural unkillable demon like thing is good.

Hardkore Kidd J
09-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I liked it all though it didn't really stick to the original movie . I thought they'd explain more about Micheal Myers.

*Spoiler*

First of all in the original he had clean cut normal parents but in this one they were more Trailor trash. And in the original he had to be like 6 or 7 when he first killed his older sister but in this one he had to be about 9 or 10. I just wish they had explained more like what his obsession with those fuckin clown masks were or why he was killing. You don't really know why he did it. I know it's not supposed to be like the original movie since it's a remake. But if they could have explained more during the beginning what led up to Micheal becoming a killer I'd like it even more.

But all in all it was a great movie.

Stickman
09-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Heard it was terrible by people in real life

Skippord
09-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Was Tommy wearing an Otis(from House Of 1000 Corpses) costume

Jordan
09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I thought this was horrible. It's way to much like the original, just with different actors. Too many lines are used from the original. They could have done something really cool with this but I thought it bombed.

Kenny
10-22-2007, 03:25 AM
I didn't go see this movie, but I did read about it at themoviespoiler.com.

When I heard Rob was making a Halloween remake, I was hoping that it would be part of the actual Halloween movie canon. I really thought this movie would make or break the series, but I'm still a little clueless on it's impact. It's hard to follow a series that keeps dropping the plotline and going with another idea.

Here's what I mean...

Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.

Michael Myers kills his family, and begins stalking Lori Strode. She is apparently killed in a car crash and has a daughter, Jaime Lloyd. Upon hearing of this daughter, Michael Myers chases after her. He finally kills her in Halloween 6, where we discover that Michael's rage is part of a curse known as the "curse of the thorn." It's a sacrificial curse in which Michael would have to kill his entire family to save many more from disaster. (Simple research). That explains it!

Halloween 3

Killer masks turn peoples heads into bugs and snakes... :wtf:

Halloween 7 - 8

Lori Strode didn't die after all! She faked her death and joined a witness protection program. H20 makes no mention of Jamie Lloyd or the Curse of the Thorn, but rather ignores anything that was made after Halloween 2. Okay... I would have liked to see where this curse thing was going but fine. So why IS Michael after his family? Michael goes after Jamie and her son, only to be defeated by Jamie in a tables match in one of the school buildings. Years later Jamie ends up in a nut ward and Michael finally kills her. Now it's time to get her son right? Nope. It's time to go home, where there just happens to be a group of young kids filming a reality show in the Myers home. Michael wakes up at the end... and we're set up for a sequel...

Halloween 9

And we get no sequel. Instead we're taken back to the beginning. That's fine! Now we can get an explaination on why Michael is such a psychotic and unstoppable killer. But... we don't get the same Michael. Instead we get a much more human and aggressive version.

And here we are...

I think another Halloween movie would be great. What I am looking for though is consistancy. Pick a story... and go with it. The Halloween series leaves room for a director to literally pick up in three different places. They can pick up from 6, 8, or 9. All of which have different story lines with little to no closure.

Mr. Pierre
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
So why IS Michael after his family?

Spoiler in black

<font color=black>This shouldn't really be considered a spoiler for Zombie's Halloween, but in this version all he wants to do is find Laurie since he hasn't seen her since he was a child. Also, he just pretty much dismantles anyone that is associated with her in anyway, shape, or form, and wants her all to himself (I guess). I understand what you are saying though, about how it was never explained in the originals.</font>

Downunder
10-24-2007, 05:31 AM
I didn't go see this movie, but I did read about it at themoviespoiler.com.

You're an idiot