PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little worried about The Silver-Tongued Pugilist (ECW Spoiler)

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Why in the mother fuck would they have him job to Balls Mahoney? He was just in the ECW title picture not too long ago, and now he's jobbing to Balls fucking Mahoney. Are they pushing Balls or depushing Elijah Burke? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

Also, to add a little more depth to this thread, what do you think the next ECW title program will be? Punk v. Big Daddy V? Morrison v. Stevie? I really don't know what they're going to do after SummerSlam.

Innovator
08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
I wanna see Punk and Burke

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't really want Morrison to lose the title just yet. Also, I think if Burke is going to look like a viable threat, they should have him get some big wins to regain his momentum. Whenever we see Punk/Burke, Burke gets his clock cleaned. I think they should keep them away from each other for a while so maybe people forget that (though that's hard to do with such a small roster), and maybe have some X-factor for Burke to make him look like he may actually win this time around (possibly a returning Marcus Cor Von?).

Mr. JL
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I think it would be pretty stupid of the WWE to take the ECW title off of John Morrison when he is just beginning to develop a character. Yes, he definitely has a lot of work to do yet before he really establishes himself as a force on the mic, but he surely has a lot of potential.

If John Morrison wins, I'd have him feud with Balls Mahoney. Both guys are pretty much polar opposites and I think the program would work well. Their first match can basically be a throwaway with Balls getting disqualified and then lead into a PPV match with Extreme Rules. Seeing Balls bloody up John Morrison would be pretty classic, and would probably elevate John Morrison a couple steps as a credible tough guy if he can take the punishment and still gain victories.

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Actually WWE would be smart to put the belt on Punk tomorrow night.

If they keep the belt on Morrison, they will just be treading water. And who else would Morrison feud with? Seriously, giving Punk the title would not only keep this feud going for 1-2 more months, but it also opens up other potential challengers (Miz, Burke, Cor Von, Floppy V).

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
There are entirely too many heels in ECW.

Tommy Gunn
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Punk is long overdue for the title, even though he lost most of his heat when he spent a month jobbing to Bobcore. I'm not massively in to him, but it would open up the ECW title picture to fresh challengers. I'm so f'in bored of seeing Batista challenge for Smackdown's title every 4 weeks, I don't want Punk to do the same, it gets stale.

Mr. JL
08-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I think CM Punk needs to go over to RAW or SD! personally.

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Next year assuming they do the draft then.

Innovator
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
If Punk doesn't win the title, it's gonna really hurt his character. You can't bringing him so close to the title to just hold off on him. If you wait too long the fans won't give a shit.

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
If Punk doesn't win the title, it's gonna really hurt his character. You can't bringing him so close to the title to just hold off on him. If you wait too long the fans won't give a shit.

But this is <s>ECW</s> WWE we are talking about here...

Innovator
08-25-2007, 06:50 PM
True, I mean Batista has gotten the shot every time since Mania

Chuck Jones
08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
It seems they are setting up Big Daddy V for Punk's next opponent. Hence the reason for V beating Punk a couple weeks back. If Punk had won, there would be no reason for a potential feud.

Yes, the matches will be ugly, but if Punk somehow hits the Go 2 Sleep on Viscera, I will forever mark out for him. That would elevate him huge.

Mr. JL
08-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Yes, the matches will be ugly, but if Viscera eats Punk, I will forever mark out for him. That would elevate him huge.

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 10:31 PM
I see Punk winning the title then going over Big Daddy V in a feud. (cause Big Daddy V is rumored to go to Smackdown)

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 10:33 PM
As for Burke he even jobbed some to Richards at house shows. I think its not Burke being depushed its Stevie and Balls getting pushes as Stevies on a winning streak and its making it seem that Kelly Kelly has feelings for Balls.

Skippord
08-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Kelly Kelly could have feelings for my balls

Corkscrewed
08-26-2007, 12:33 AM
^ Sure it's not the other way around?

Yes, the matches will be ugly, but if Viscera eats Punk, I will forever mark out for him. That would elevate his enzyme levels huge.

Tommy Gunn
08-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Elijah Burke is awesome but there's only room for a couple of main guys on ECW and unfortunatlely Burke keeps getting held back. I would have preferred him to stay on Smackdown and keep killing lower mid carders with Sylvester Turkay. :)

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2007, 01:21 PM
What about a Burke face turn? Could it work?

IC Champion
08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Burke is better as a heel. He has all those heelish qualities you look for, like how he's black.

Londoner
08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I coulds ee Burke doing well as a face, which ECW is in need of.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Burke is better as a heel. He has all those heelish qualities you look for, like how he's black.

:foc:

He is a great heel, though. I'd probably hate him as a face, because I seem to hate all faces.