PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 3:Corruption

#BROKEN Hasney
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Breathtaking.

I'm 2 levels in and the game so far has had me hooked, easliy bettering the previous 2 Prime games and just making the game so damn immersive.

I'm making this quick because I'm about to go back to it but I would reccomend anyone with a Wii to try this out when it comes out. Just little things like moving switches yourself, having people to back you up unlike other Metroid games and a few devious puzzles and fight strategeys. If you play one of the 2nd levels bosses you'll see what I mean about a degree of innovation to a FPS.

Downers? So far only the lack of multiplayer is holding me back, but if the single player keeps up with the same pace as it has so far, this may... MAY be a Halo beater....

Boomer
08-27-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't own a Wii, but I'm a bit offended they don't have multiplayer. I think it is kind of inexcusable to release a game without multiplayer that once had it.

Other than that, I'm sure the game is amazing.

Dorkchop
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm moving this week, so I can't afford it. I'll have to pick it up later. Maybe I can hold off until Christmas and ask for that instead of things I'll actually need. Every official review have spoken very highly of it.

Vietnamese Crippler
08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm waiting for it to arrive in stores (which hopefully will be sometime tomorrow or Wednesday) :(

I've been hyped for this since June :o

Dorkchop
08-27-2007, 05:23 PM
There's a live stream of it going on at http://www.gonintendo.com

I want the game

My Final Heaven
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I've had $50 put aside for this for a month. The reason I dropped 250$ on the Wii :D

The only thing that's annoying me, tho, is most reviews are saying "it's a fitting end to samus's adventure" and "you won't be seeing her on wii ever again". One point:

Just because this is the last of the Metroid Prime trilogy doesn't mean this is the end of the Metroid series.

Yeah.

That aside, I'm literally sitting here rubbing my hands together, itching to go get it lol

Vietnamese Crippler
08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Man, I got this today and after an hour of playing, this has got to be the benchmark for Wii first-person shooters :drool:

The controls are soooo accurate and takes no more than 5 minutes of battles to get used to it all.

Dorkchop
08-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Man, I got this today and after an hour of playing, this has got to be the benchmark for Wii first-person shooters :drool:

The controls are soooo accurate and takes no more than 5 minutes of battles to get used to it all.

Is it true that this game has probably the best first person shooter/adventure controls on a console?

Vietnamese Crippler
08-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I think so, yes :y:

But it still doesn't quite match using a keyboard and mouse.

After a little bit more playing, my one gripe is that it's so easy to start looking the wrong way unless you have the cursor in the dead center of the screen. This isn't a problem playing on standard sensitivity, but standard sensitivity sucks in comparison to the advanced sensitivity.

Dorkchop
08-29-2007, 10:35 PM
I bought it today, but can't play it until maybe this weekend. I reeeeeally want to play it. There are two hidden messages from Iwata and Miyamoto (one each) in the game.

Fignuts
08-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Still havn't played 2 yet. Goin home for a week, so I might stop by EB and pick it up, so I can jam it out and play 3.

Since my fucking gaybox got the three rings of death.

Dorkchop
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
This game is great. I'm not too far into the game, but I haven't come across long journeys of backtracking. Apparently the backtracking isn't as long as some of the other ones (i've heard).

darkpower
09-13-2007, 02:23 AM
This is the reason I SO want a Wii. Now my hopes are, so far, vindicated.

Destor
09-13-2007, 04:01 AM
I got bored toward the end to be honest. Dug it for the most part though.

Destor
09-13-2007, 04:01 AM
The fuck, green font.

darkpower
09-17-2007, 02:23 AM
I bought the Wii and MP3 a few days ago. First of all, the Wii is a nice system once you get a hang of the controller. All it needs is some VERY good games to come out that take advantage of the controller in order for it to really stand out. Also, the Virtural Console kicks ass, but adding some more games on there (like Super Mario RPG) would be perfect.

And being a Metroid fan, MP3 is MUCH better than the first two Primes (well, slightly better than the first but overtakes Echoes by a LOT). It's only flaw is just that the controls take some getting used to, but that will only take 15 minutes at most (as one person said). They finally gave everyone a voice...everyone EXCEPT SAMUS!! I would've KILLED to hear what kind of voice acting she would get.

Anyway, if your a Metroid vet, it will be familiar to you (with all the exploring and all of the solutions that you will be able to find if your just LOOK for them). And this one adds a new way of dying that makes you have to keep aware (you can't get "overloaded" by Phazon from certain enemies that use Phazon in their attacks, or you'll get a "terminal corruption" game over. You'll understand once you get to that part of the story why). Basically, this game was a reason I bought a Wii, and it's not disappointing.

Side to Destor: You got to the end of the game already? How many of the pickups did you get (I'll assume not too much, because there's 100 in the game, and they REALLY tucked them away this time).

Vietnamese Crippler
09-17-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm almost done and I'm at 75% right now.

darkpower
09-17-2007, 02:37 AM
The only thing that's annoying me, tho, is most reviews are saying "it's a fitting end to samus's adventure" and "you won't be seeing her on wii ever again". One point:

Just because this is the last of the Metroid Prime trilogy doesn't mean this is the end of the Metroid series.

I agree that this won't be the final Metroid game.

Actually, the last extention of the story, in the chronogy sense, is Fusion for the GBA, so I'm thinking that the next Metroid game that comes out will extend on the main story after Fusion. Just my thought, though.

Gone Mad
09-17-2007, 02:52 AM
I am loving it, though I wish I had more time to just stick to it. But yeah, just as everyone said that this game is amazing both to look at and play because damn... it's big.

Now all I need are more friends that own the damn game so I can get some Vouchers. I REALLY want me a Bobblehead!

darkpower
09-17-2007, 03:12 AM
I am loving it, though I wish I had more time to just stick to it. But yeah, just as everyone said that this game is amazing both to look at and play because damn... it's big.

Now all I need are more friends that own the damn game so I can get some Vouchers. I REALLY want me a Bobblehead!

Once I know how to set up the thing so I can accept "friends" (or whatever the hell else they refer to that as) while knowing that it won't fuck up my game or my Mii if I do that, I could hook you up.

Destor
09-20-2007, 01:58 AM
I bought the Wii and MP3 a few days ago. First of all, the Wii is a nice system once you get a hang of the controller. All it needs is some VERY good games to come out that take advantage of the controller in order for it to really stand out. Also, the Virtural Console kicks ass, but adding some more games on there (like Super Mario RPG) would be perfect.

And being a Metroid fan, MP3 is MUCH better than the first two Primes (well, slightly better than the first but overtakes Echoes by a LOT). It's only flaw is just that the controls take some getting used to, but that will only take 15 minutes at most (as one person said). They finally gave everyone a voice...everyone EXCEPT SAMUS!! I would've KILLED to hear what kind of voice acting she would get.

Anyway, if your a Metroid vet, it will be familiar to you (with all the exploring and all of the solutions that you will be able to find if your just LOOK for them). And this one adds a new way of dying that makes you have to keep aware (you can't get "overloaded" by Phazon from certain enemies that use Phazon in their attacks, or you'll get a "terminal corruption" game over. You'll understand once you get to that part of the story why). Basically, this game was a reason I bought a Wii, and it's not disappointing.

Side to Destor: You got to the end of the game already? How many of the pickups did you get (I'll assume not too much, because there's 100 in the game, and they REALLY tucked them away this time).100. No joke. Big puzzle nerd though.

darkpower
09-20-2007, 05:25 PM
100. No joke. Big puzzle nerd though.

DAMN!! I could imagine you being one of those people that can do a ton of sequence breaking in Metroid games.

(BTW, that's a huge compliment, because you must be really good to be able to sequence break, as common as it may seem in the Metroid franchise.)

Oh, and what is your Mii on there? I want some friend vouchers and I'm getting a TON of them without any to send them to.