PDA

View Full Version : WWF/E Undisputed Champions

GD
08-29-2007, 03:39 PM
A few years back when I visited Undertaker's profile on wwe.com, the career highlights stated that he was a former WCW Champion. The last WCW Champion according to wwe.com was Chris Jericho. At WrestleMania 18, Triple-H walked out with both the WWF and WCW World Heavyweight titles and his name isn't in the list. The new Undertaker bio doesn't even state that he was a former Undisputed Champion. I wanted to know wether the WWE Undisputed Champions are considered to be former WCW Champions or not?

Ben Rodrigues
08-30-2007, 08:29 AM
Every WCW title reign after they folded didn't mean shit.

mrslackalack
08-30-2007, 11:07 AM
The One could tell ya

mrslackalack
08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Prolly a WWE.com error on the Taker bio

IC Champion
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
THOSE WCW TITLE WERE STILL REAL TO ME!!!!

The One
08-30-2007, 04:47 PM
The One could tell ya

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :y:

The Undertaker has never been a WCW Champion, what might have happened was it could have listed him as a WCW Tag Champion (which he was under the WWE owned WCW banner). Or it was simply an oversight on WWE.com's part. Chris Jericho is officially listed as the final Champion of WCW...HOWEVER, TECHNICALLY The Rock was. If you recall, on the RAW after Survivor Series 01 the WCW Championship was renamed to simply the "World Heavyweight Championship" as in kayfabe WCW was dead as of 24 hours earlier. But there is some argument to be had that Booker T was the last Champion.

Option 1: Chris Jericho was the last Champion who within a half hour unified it under the WWE Undisputed Championship banner (as of that moment, the physical title belt became by all rights useless).

Option 2: The Rock was the last Champion as it was renamed the World Title.

Option 3: Booker T was the last Champion of a stand alone company.

Under no currently accepted theory is The Undertaker a former WCW World Champion. The WWE Undisputed Championship is in no way an extension of the WCW World Title lineage.

Stickman
08-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Title lineage went down the shitter a long time ago.

The One
08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
It's a strange twist of irony that WCW was really the first national company to begin to really shit on the idea of title lineage, and once WWE bought up WCW they not only shit on it, they tied it up and dragged it behind a dump truck through a patch of dead skunks.

Still, I faithfully keep track out of habit.

Mercury Bullet
08-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Who were all the "Undisputed" champions? I didn't watch much rasslin' during that time. I know Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker...

Disturbed316
08-30-2007, 05:57 PM
From memory:

- Chris Jericho
- Triple H
- Hollywood Hogan
- The Undertaker
- The Rock
- Brock Lesnar

The title then became a Smackdown exclusive and renamed the WWE title.

mrslackalack
08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Then HHH had his reign of terror on RAW with the WHC.

DAMN iNATOR
09-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Then HHH had his reign of terror on RAW with the WHC.

The sad thing is with the WWE title and Cena thing on RAW right now, Trips' title reign makes Cena look so much more insignificant (and he is, too!)