PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Guerrero

blake639raw
03-01-2004, 03:55 PM
CyNick, you read the Observer, so I'm sure you know the answer to this. What kind of numbers have Eddie's segments been doing since after Rumble? I'm just curious if he is starting to become a draw.

Rob
03-01-2004, 04:03 PM
Buyrate for NWO was 0.46 which was lower than Dave Meltzer expected but it was Eddie's first main event. He says he wouldn't have expected that rate in November though.

He has been the highest rated segment on Smackdown for ages now. No numbers in front of me this second and I just spent an hour sorting my Observer collections too.

blake639raw
03-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Cool. I really hope he becomes the next Austin or Rock. I know that's just wishful thinking, but if anybody could do it, it's Eddie.

Disturbed316
03-01-2004, 04:18 PM
He will not be the next Rock or Austin

He will be the FIRST EDDIE GUERRERO!!!!!!!

The CyNick
03-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah the .46 buyrate is about the same as the No Mercy show did, which was the SD show with Taker/Brock and Vince/Steph.

In terms of actual numbers thats about 250,000 buys, although that number will likely increase by around 10-15,000 as more reports come in. As a comparison to RAW, the Armageddon show headlined by HHH/Goldberg and Kane, only did 215,000 buys, so Eddie's show did signaficantly better.

It was a tough spot to draw because he was rushed to the main event picture, and the show had a very quick (albeit effective) build, it was a weak looking card overall, and was stuck between the Rumble and Mania, which is tough. So all things considered I think they should be very happy with Eddie's performance on PPV.

In terms of TV, he is the #1 guy in terms of viewers added per segment right now on SD. I believe the show with his celebration gained around 900,000 viewers for the duration of his ceremony Which is awesome. However, while the main event with Chavo continued to gain viewers it was considered not that great in terms of a number.

Speaking of numbers, the RAW main event of HBK-Benoit gained over 900,000 viewers. I dont know if anyone notices, but all these increases are done without a cretain World Hevayweight Champion being involved. Maybe its a coincidence.

Corkscrewed
03-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Vince will never see that.

Rob
03-01-2004, 04:36 PM
He doesn't believe the internet or the 'dirtsheet' anyway.

Rob
03-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Cynick - just out of curiousity, do you live alone?

SuperSlim
03-01-2004, 04:39 PM
the internet is filled with liars... they know nothing... they don't even watch wrestling.

The CyNick
03-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Cynick - just out of curiousity, do you live alone?

No, I still live with my parents.

Heyman
03-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Speaking of Guerrero, I think Guerrero/Angle MUST be the main-event for Wrestlemania (if the WWE will opt to go with the 'World title must be the last match on the card' theory).

From what I heard (I don't get Smackdown), the Kurt Angle heel promo was VERY emotional and off-the-hook. The Guerrero/Angle feud looks to be extremely entertaining.

If Guerrero is booked to retain, I think it would be in the WWE's interest to have his match go last. That way, Eddie looks like an even bigger star.

BigDaddyCool
03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
I like Eddie, but still he isn't going to be the next big thing (and neither was Lesnar). If anyone in the company is going to do anything my money is on Cena. He is the Rock all over again.

BigDaddyCool
03-01-2004, 06:22 PM
But Eddie is a nice change of pace from the Brock/Angle/Show stick they have been running.

I'm going to weep when Beniot wins the Raw belt.

Ricky
03-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Cynick - just out of curiousity, do you live alone?LOL that was random.

Heyman
03-01-2004, 06:27 PM
I He is the Rock all over again.

EXCELLENT statement. I agree a lot with this statement.

In my view, Cena has always been more "Rock-like" than "Austin-like" (which is why the comparisons to Steve Austin always pissed me off in the past). Glad to see someone else see the Cena/Rock comparison.

BigDaddyCool
03-01-2004, 06:31 PM
EXCELLENT statement. I agree a lot with this statement.

In my view, Cena has always been more "Rock-like" than "Austin-like" (which is why the comparisons to Steve Austin always pissed me off in the past). Glad to see someone else see the Cena/Rock comparison.

I've seen it from the get go. Cena isn't a bad-ass-tough-as-nails-worked-for-the-man-long-enough type charatcer, he is a oh-what-now-you-love-me-because-I-made-fun-of-Brock-Lesnar-and-then-beat-him-but-before-you-were-booing-me-whatever type guy. Just cocky and in your face, and he honestly doesn't give sh</>it if boo or cheer just as long as you make some noise.

Anyone who doesn't see this doesn't understand the psychology behind wrestling. Sure they can name facts, and argue all the other stuff, but they don't understand booking or psychology.

Rock Bottom
03-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I kind of agree with the Cena/Rock comparison, in terms of that. But I don't think he'll be the next Rock as far as drawing goes. Cena is eh... Hmm. We'll have to see. I am still one of the few people that doesn't see Cena going for the long haul.

Rob
03-02-2004, 05:48 PM
No, I still live with my parents.

(If Ricky thought that question was random, this is even more! :) )

Does everyone in your house know the Observer as the 'dirtsheet'? I'm only asking because when I come home on Thursdays, people here know to tell me that the 'dirtsheet' is here or isn't. Don't think my parents even have any idea what the dirtsheet is but they know the name.

Loose Cannon
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
LOL at "Dirtsheet"

Rob
03-02-2004, 06:18 PM
The "dirtsheet" is sooooo beauty. I don't care if Meltzer don't like it being called that either because I love it. :D