PDA

View Full Version : Like him or hate him, Triple H still talks a loada bollocks.

Rammsteinmad
09-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Does anyone remember a few months ago there was that quote where Triple H said about all these new guys coming in and moaning that they're not getting their oppotunities etc... That they all think they should be main eventers but need to make themselves main eventers by upping their games etc... Easy for Triple H to say. Considering he's married into the WWE and been involved in EVERY major storyline over the last six years, he's pretty safe.

Now he's telling all the "guys" about the huge scandal at the moment to "keep together and we'll pull through" or whatever... again, easy for him to say... I bet he could get caught with all kinds of shit in his bags and he'd get away with it simply because he's Triple H and he's safe for life in the WWE.

(At this point can somebody post a reply something along the lines of "Triple H doesn't do steroids :roll: ")

Destor
09-03-2007, 11:36 AM
H doesn't do roids. He uses babies tears to motivate him.

Xero
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Triple H doesn't do Steroids.

He uses them and then throws them to the curb.

Rammsteinmad
09-03-2007, 11:37 AM
:y: Good enough for me.

BigDaddyCool
09-03-2007, 11:57 AM
HHH is the man, you suck for questioning him.

Jura
09-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I like to call him Triple Snake sometimes.

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Triple Snake, not bad.

Kane Knight
09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Wow, a pro wrestler that's full of shit. Kind of like the 13 people named in connection with steroids and HGH recently, most of which had spoken against the shit or claimed to be clean. There's a shock.

Also, when Trips can manage to go 6 months without his QHs tanking, we'll talk.

Disturbed316
09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Triple H doesn't take steroids.

Steroids take Triple H's.

Tommy Gunn
09-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Triple H gives a mean spinebuster, I cringed when he did one at Summerslam considering it's the move he did when he fucked up his quad. Best spinebuster ever still belongs to Ron Simmons.

Back on topic, I don't mind Triple H being a hypocrite with a cushy backstage position. Give me spinebusters and I'm happy. No before you ask I'm not obsessed with spinebusters...

......busters!

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Yeah, Trips is married to a member of the McMahon family and could be presumed pretty safe, but it's not like he was instantly a main eventer upon his debut in the WWF. I mean, do you not remember ANYTHING from 1995 to 1999? Trips had a feud with Henry fucking Godwin that led to an Arkansas Hogpen Match, for god's sake...but yeah, he never had to earn his way to the top at all. :roll:

Kane Knight
09-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Trips is married to a member of the McMahon family and could be presumed pretty safe, but it's not like he was instantly a main eventer upon his debut in the WWF. I mean, do you not remember ANYTHING from 1995 to 1999? Trips had a feud with Henry fucking Godwin that led to an Arkansas Hogpen Match, for god's sake...but yeah, he never had to earn his way to the top at all. :roll:Oh Good God. Four years. It's a wonder he stuck it out with the company so long.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh Good God. Four years. It's a wonder he stuck it out with the company so long.
And how long exactly was John Cena on television with the company for before he got such a big spot? Dave Batista? Randy Orton? Brock Lesnar?

......much less anyone else that's likely being referred to as whining about being "held down".

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM
And how long exactly was John Cena on television with the company for before he got such a big spot? Dave Batista? Randy Orton? Brock Lesnar?

......much less anyone else that's likely being referred to as whining about being "held down".
Way different eras....

Mr. Nerfect
09-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I was going to make a thread about this a while ago. Triple H claiming he made himself is bullshit. If it weren't for Mick Foley, the guy wouldn't have been half as big as he was in 2000. If it weren't for Shawn Michaels, he probably wouldn't have gotten noticed in the first place. If it wasn't for Stephanie McMahon, the guy certainly wouldn't win nearly as much as he does.

Triple H owes a lot of people for his career.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Way different eras....
Time is still time. The point is that he worked quite a bit to get to where he is. Should I bring up Rocky?

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Yea but Triple H wasnt very good on the mic unless Russo was writing it for him, then around 2000 he managed to stop sucking as bad. And after 20 minutes of air time week after week, he became more watchable.

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Also, Rocky > HHH

br0ken
09-03-2007, 07:15 PM
When you say Triple H, you guys mean Hunter Hearse Hemsley :?:

I never watched much wrestling but I was kinda seeing it on TV again and this Triple H guy sorta looks like Hunter Hearse Hemsley. Probly a dum question, sorry.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 07:16 PM
Yea but Triple H wasnt very good on the mic unless Russo was writing it for him, then around 2000 he managed to stop sucking as bad. And after 20 minutes of air time week after week, he became more watchable.
So you're saying everyone that's debuted and claimed to have been "held down" has been great on the mic? I also don't see where Triple H was "sucking" on the mic; he played the role that was given to him, as a "Greenwich snob". Mind you, I am not Triple H's biggest fan at all, but a lot of what is said against him is unfounded.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Also, Rocky > HHH
Use whatever excuses you want; Triple H did his time at the bottom.

I never watched much wrestling but I was kinda seeing it on TV again and this Triple H guy sorta looks like Hunter Hearse Hemsley. Probly a dum question, sorry.
Actually, I mean Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm not sayin that, I'm sayin HHH wasnt exactly main event material when he came to the WWF, and wasn't so until the end of '99.

You can say he was held down all you like, I'm not bashing the guy, I like him, but it's not like he didn't do anything to be held down, whether he should have been or not.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm not sayin that, I'm sayin HHH wasnt exactly main event material when he came to the WWF, and wasn't so until the end of '99.

You can say he was held down all you like, I'm not bashing the guy, I like him, but it's not like he didn't do anything to be held down, whether he should have been or not.
But see, that's the thing. I'm not saying he was "held down" or shouldn't have been stuck in the undercard for a while; I'm saying that he DID do time there.

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Use whatever excuses you want; Triple H did his time at the bottom.

It wasn't an excuse, I was purely stating facts.

My point is, HHH should know how shitty it feels to be a talented guy that busts his ass and gets nowhere, you think he might relate to it. But instead we hear stories from guys who worked in the WWE, confirming what we already know.

The One
09-03-2007, 07:25 PM

This is one of the worst socks in recent memory.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 07:27 PM
It wasn't an excuse, I was purely stating facts.

My point is, HHH should know how shitty it feels to be a talented guy that busts his ass and gets nowhere, you think he might relate to it. But instead we hear stories from guys who worked in the WWE, confirming what we already know.
My point is he does know, so him telling people to quit whining about how they should be in the main event five minutes after they debut is perfectly fair. As for "stories from guys who worked in the WWE", I honestly feel these all have to be taken with a grain of salt. Plenty of stories I've read from guys that have left the WWE have not spoken ill of "The Game". Professional wrestlers should almost never be seen as completely honest.

br0ken
09-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Does anyone remember a few months ago there was that quote where Triple H said about all these new guys coming in and moaning that they're not getting their oppotunities etc... That they all think they should be main eventers but need to make themselves main eventers by upping their games etc... Easy for Triple H to say. Considering he's married into the WWE and been involved in EVERY major storyline over the last six years, he's pretty safe.

Now he's telling all the "guys" about the huge scandal at the moment to "keep together and we'll pull through" or whatever... again, easy for him to say... I bet he could get caught with all kinds of shit in his bags and he'd get away with it simply because he's Triple H and he's safe for life in the WWE.

(At this point can somebody post a reply something along the lines of "Triple H doesn't do steroids :roll: ")

I remember when elizabeth was married on WWF

IC Champion
09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
My point is he does know, so him telling people to quit whining about how they should be in the main event five minutes after they debut is perfectly fair. As for "stories from guys who worked in the WWE", I honestly feel these all have to be taken with a grain of salt. Plenty of stories I've read from guys that have left the WWE have not spoken ill of "The Game". Professional wrestlers should almost never be seen as completely honest.
Agreed, but when you begin you hear the same stories from several sources, you have to think something is up.

The One
09-03-2007, 07:34 PM
He's how I view Hunter...

Michaels and the Kliq put him on the map, Foley and The Rock got him massively over, and Stephanie made him 4_lyfe. HOWEVER, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, anyone who can work a match like he can. I mean seriously, most MotY contenders from 1999-2004 involved HHH. And let's be honest, everyone, everywhere who has ever been really over to a true international level owes a couple of people for getting them to that spot. I think Hunter is perfectly right in demanding some of the new boys shut up and step up their game significantly before they begin to bitch about not moving up fast enough or not getting used enough.

br0ken
09-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Hunter! Yes.. I new it..

The One
09-03-2007, 07:43 PM
See, -br0ken-, normally when annoying cunts like yourself enter my life I wish death upon them...but then I've got Figs and Noid on my ass calling me a psychopath and mentally disturbed, blah blah blah, so instead of asking you to go die, I'm simply going to ask that you get all of your fingers chopped off as to prevent you from ever typing and thus communicating with this board ever again.

Was that better guys? Am I getting better?

br0ken
09-03-2007, 07:49 PM
holy cow..

**here's an idea**

do not reply to me if I'm not worthy of you..

Jus because i don't have a lot of wrestling knowledge does not mean u r a better person then me.. I ask questions because I want to learn.. if you don't want to teach take MY advice and pluck your eyes out to not read my question..

Sorry to everyone else that reads me be negative.. I just asked a couple question..

KingofOldSchool
09-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Here's an idea...go away and never come back.

The One
09-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Just a tip for our John Cena loving, HHH confusing, unsure of what makes a Canadian, Elizabeth wedding viewing, mark(scars?) friend here; if you don't want people to think you're an idiot, don't use letters in place of words. Iz dat cool wit u?

And if I didn't take the time to reply to people who annoyed me, shit, I'd only be able to talk to like 7 people around here.

br0ken
09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
ok mom..

Y2Ant
09-03-2007, 08:25 PM
I remember when elizabeth was married on WWF
I also remember this. You are an awesome poster, I like you.

Inadequacy
09-03-2007, 08:27 PM
ok mom..

Oh snap, it is ON now

Kane Knight
09-03-2007, 08:37 PM

...So, you're justifying your retarded statement with an even more retarded series of examples?

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 08:39 PM
...So, you're justifying your retarded statement with an even more retarded series of examples?
No, I'm asking if four years is really so short, compared to many others that have been to the top of the WWE's card.

br0ken
09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
a president doesn't even always last that long..

Inadequacy
09-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I also remember this. You are an awesome poster, I like you.

Yeah, but I love him so back off

Kane Knight
09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
No, I'm asking if four years is really so short, compared to many others that have been to the top of the WWE's card.

Which is utterly retarded or completely dishonest. Are you a con or a moron, Pep?

br0ken
09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
HHH is way bigger then i remember..

Pepsi Man
09-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Which is utterly retarded or completely dishonest. Are you a con or a moron, Pep?
I'm failing to see what you're trying to say.

Gerard
09-03-2007, 11:38 PM

:wtf:

so he does swing that way after all :shifty:

gatoconbotas
09-04-2007, 05:54 PM

I almost wish I didn't neg rep you on an earlier post...so I could've done it again. Anywho..time to spread some rep.

br0ken
09-04-2007, 07:05 PM
why be mean? .. it is true.. he is bigger than b4..

thecc
09-04-2007, 09:01 PM
why be mean? .. it is true.. he is bigger than b4..<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGIQVM9z4fk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGIQVM9z4fk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2007, 06:17 AM
He's how I view Hunter...

Michaels and the Kliq put him on the map, Foley and The Rock got him massively over, and Stephanie made him 4_lyfe. HOWEVER, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone, anyone who can work a match like he can. I mean seriously, most MotY contenders from 1999-2004 involved HHH. And let's be honest, everyone, everywhere who has ever been really over to a true international level owes a couple of people for getting them to that spot. I think Hunter is perfectly right in demanding some of the new boys shut up and step up their game significantly before they begin to bitch about not moving up fast enough or not getting used enough.

I agree with the first sentence. Triple H seems to be under the impression that he made himself, though. That's just bullshit. I can't remember his exact quote, but something popped up last year about him trying to keep Mick Foley out of the WWE for some reason that reflected ironically on the fact that Foley busted his ass into making Triple H something. I mean, the guy just sounds like a dick.

Triple H is not a bad wrestler by any means. In fact, he is a great wrestler. I think you are heavily overrating him, though. Of course the guy was in a lot of the MOTY candidates...the guy had the WWE in a vise until 2004, which is the final year you mentioned. I mean, I know you don't buy into the "guys are held down" thing, but honestly, how many people had the opportunity to wrestle in epic matches Triple H was not involved in during the years you mentioned? Especially since the brand split? Of course he has a lot of MOTY candidates to his name. Val Venis, Stevie Richards, Billy Gunn, Hardcore Holly or any competent wrestler could have done the exact same thing if they fucked the boss' daughter, and got placed in the same position as Triple H in 1999/2000. Triple H is not at the top because of his wrestling ability. He is at the top because people bent over backwards to get him to where he is.

I think the best case you make for Triple H is that it was him started nailing Stephanie, which was a brilliant career move. If you can credit a guy for being a snake in the grass, and politicking his way to the top, then go for gold with Triple H. I personally think it is damn hypocritical for Triple H to then turn around and say "earn your way." Triple H certainly wasn't stupid with his career moves (like a certain Randy Orton), but the guy certainly didn't "earn his way."

Another thing Triple H has going for him, is that he played his role well enough. He was accepted as a top heel. Some guys would get to where he is, and fail completely. Triple H is not at the top because of his talent, but when he got there, he used his talent. He could have just fucked Stephanie and become complacent. Triple H is a politician first, however, and a great wrestler second, and statements like his just reinforce that.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2007, 06:44 AM

I disagree. Triple H telling them to sleep with a McMahon, get powerful friends, and be willing to suck is perfectly fair. Triple H is not a Chris Benoit. It took Benoit fifteen years to win his first World Championship, and that's if you count his WCW Title reign, which was completely political. His next World Title win came in 2004, putting at the time he spent "paying his dues" at around nineteen years.

Randy Orton only made his debut four years before winning his World Championship. Triple H is one of Orton's biggest advocates, if you believe what you hear (and what we are seeing supports that). Now, looking at the young guys who have complained about where they are, the only one I can think of is Carlito, who made his debut in 1999. I'm not sure which month, but Carlito is actually the more experience of the two. Hell, Carlito is actually more experienced than the current WWE Champion. The former ECW Champion made his in-ring debut in 2003. Carlito beats that by the same duration it took Triple H to pay his dues in the WWE.

It also makes no sense for Triple H to tell guys to work their way to the top, when 1) He himself owes his career to other people, and 2) The guy he wants to beat John Cena for the WWE Championship, and John Cena himself, are less experienced than the guys whining. If Triple H's point is that guys should work to the top, the WWE itself is the hypocritical answer to that. John Cena, Randy Orton, Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar all made their debuts in the 2000's. They aren't all that old, are they? Everybody should be held to the same standard, in my opinion, and that clearly isn't happening.

Pepsi Man
09-07-2007, 11:39 AM
You're discrediting Triple H's work, because your dislike for the man can't let you see it. The "He owes his career to other people." line is so ridiculous, because the argument can be made that every wrestling superstar "owes his career to other people".