PDA

View Full Version : A potential role for Johnny Jeter

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 05:39 AM
A lot of you probably aren't aware of the guys talent, so you'll have a bitch at me for suggesting the WWE even do anything with him, but I'm quite a big fan of the guy. Towards the end of their run, he started to stand out a bit from The Spirit Squad. Kenny was always seen as the best, but since he started busting out his "martial arts background," Jeter became kind of "hey, this guy doesn't seem too bad" for a while.

Then they just wrote off The Spirit Squad, and since then, Johnny Jeter has been getting back into shape (there was a period where he apparently looked out of shape...Wellness related?), but he's been getting to work dark matches, and all reports have been positive. I get the feeling Johnny Jeter will be on his way back soon.

Anyway, the guy reminds me a lot of Chris Jericho. Obviously without the greatness, but there was a great 2/3 Falls Match he worked in OVW with Matt Cappotelli, that made me feel like Jeter was really familiar to me. Then I worked it out, and that he moved around the ring very similarly to Chris Jericho. He's got the same type of attire, had the same hairstyle, and even used to bust out a Lionsault to finish opponents for a while.

I'm not sure if his similarities to Chris Jericho are intentional, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jeter was a fan, and studied Jericho, and used him as influence. I guess it could just be coincidence, and somewhere Jericho's parents and Jeter's parents managed to get common results with their different genes, and they just both happened to become wrestlers. Either way, if the WWE does bring Chris Jericho back, I would love to see Johnny Jeter become his "apprentice," and maybe lead a "Jerichoholic Ninja Assassination Security Squad."

Dave Youell
09-06-2007, 07:16 AM
I was hoping they were going to do a Jetter/Kenny feud, as they were teasing one before DX shipped them off.

I always liked him, don't know that much about him off TV, but he came across decent enough to warrent another crack at TV

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm thinking like Vince Russo tonight, but I wouldn't mind it if Jeter showed up on SmackDown! as Kenny Dykstra's friend, telling him that he thinks Victoria is cheating on him. Dykstra doesn't think too much of it, and they develop kind of a Booker T/Goldust thing with the two, as Kenny just goes about his life, and then Johnny shows up, annoying Kenny, but asking him if he knows where Victoria is right now. Kenny then starts to get a little paranoid, breaking into her hotel room when she doesn't immediately come to the door, and stuff.

Eventually, Kenny and Johnny formulate a plan that can't fail, and Johnny says he thinks Kenny should confront Victoria alone, but he will gladly beat the crap through the guy once Kenny knows who it is. Kenny goes through with the plan, and catches her unmistakably in the act with someone, and stands at the door of her bedroom asking why she would do this, and is about ready to kick the ass of the guy doing her, when suddenly he reveals himself. "Heeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeee's Johnny!" Jeter reveals he was banging her all along, and was telling Dykstra so he would find out and hurt him all the more. He reveals he did it because Kenny left him, Mike Mondo and Nick Nemeth to make his own career, and now he's back for payback. I guess you could even bring Mike Mondo and Nick Nemeth up as a duo to help pad out the tag team division. I'd personally stick them on RAW, though, and keep Kenny vs. Johnny personal.

Impact!
09-06-2007, 10:50 AM
That would be pretty entertaining

Impact!
09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Oooo Optimists thread

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Most of the Kliq folk saw "Johnny Jeter" and didn't have a clue who I was talking about because he has never torn a quad.

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Here are some clips of Johnny Jeter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWIKKXKYn8I

This is an OVW match between Johnny Jeter and Matt Morgan. You can kind of see what I mean about Chris Jericho in the match. Just the way he moves. Matt Morgan also impresses me in this. Certainly one of the more capable big men out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQcxLP5G3s

This is a clip of the end tails of a match between Johnny Jeter and Brent Albright. This took place under Paul Heyman's booking of OVW, which was just brilliant. Seeing as the WWE doesn't have him doing anything, they should let him run wild in the developmentals again.

The story here is that Johnny Jeter and Matt Cappotelli were a tag team called "The Thrillseekers" (another Chris Jericho similarity I didn't actually put together until now). Now, I might have the details mixed up, but the general idea is still the same. Johnny Jeter got a shot at the OVW Heavyweight Championship with Matt Cappotelli's blessing. I'm not sure if it was with his shot, or if they both had shots, but Cappotelli was injured (a broken fibula), and let Jeter go first despite going first, but it made what happened next look really selfish on Jeter's part. Jeter won the OVW Heavyweight Championship, and then turned heel immediately afterwards, developing an ego, and acting like he no longer needed his friend and partner. It was good shit with Heyman at the helm.

Anyway, the incident above scared people, and came off as quite dramatic at the time, according to reports, because Matt Cappotelli was legitimately injured at the time this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUqzPICs_uo

This clip is my personal favourite of the three, as it shows how great a writer Heyman is. This is just a Johnny Jeter promo which evolves into chaos, but it all makes sense and seems really organic, and it really makes the faces look good, and the heel look bad. You don't see stuff like this in the WWE these days.