PDA

View Full Version : Would the WWE have El Generio?

Jordan
09-10-2007, 03:02 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fz_wm1YVaR4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fz_wm1YVaR4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Right now he is probably my favorite indy wrestler, especially live. He has the charisma, and a great gimmick... So what do you think the chances of him jobbing on Smackdown or ECW are?

IC Champion
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

Xero
09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Nah.

BigDaddyCool
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
No because you like him. Plus from that video, he sucks.

BigDaddyCool
09-10-2007, 04:07 PM
My god he sucks. I mean he has the stiff boot for the guy in the corner, that takes talent, I guess. But he is awful, and skinny as a pole. He needs to gain wieght and learn not to suck.

FourFifty
09-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I like anyone who can do a 450 :shifty:

FourFifty
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Serious, Generico is good, but he's not Messiah good.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVH83fIWDbw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bVH83fIWDbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BigDaddyCool
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I watched your little Messiah video, it is hard not to look good when you throw your opponets through glass tables. I'll pay attention if WWE picks him up and puts him on TV.

FourFifty
09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm sad because BDC makes a valid point :(

FourFifty
09-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Well, it's not because BDC made a good point when it comes to the Messiah. Yea, if it wasn't for his hardcore style from CZW and XPW he wouldn't be a great wrestler. But if WWE brings back the hardcore title they NEED the Messiah.

BigDaddyCool
09-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm sad because BDC makes a valid point :(

I'm sorry, most indy stars look the same to me. And I don't have the time to watch all their matchs and tell if they are indeed worth a damn, and most aren't. And these best ofs and tribute videos just show the offensive moves and the guy doing his little taunts. So of course they are going to look good in the video, that was the point. I'm more worried about how these guys work in a match. I expect a worker to have a move set, if they don't they have no business being in wrestling, and so watching a video like that tells me nothing i didn't already know. I want to know if they can sell and put on a match. And their characters history and all of that. And I really don't have time to keep up on random indy guys, so I'll pay attention if they make it to wwe.

Just because they are in WWE, doesn't mean I'm going to like them.

FourFifty
09-10-2007, 05:16 PM
The Messiah isn't the best wrestler out there, and it's kinda hard to find a tribute video for The Messiah that has highlights of his promos. The dude is a great talker, and he can work a match just as good as half of WWE's midcard roster, if not better.
I followed him in XPW, but after XPW went under I couldn't find him. I'd love to keep tabs on the guy nowadays, but it's kinda hard to.

Jordan
09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I watched him in XPW as well, when I made the mistake of buy so many of their videos. He was the only good thing I can remember. Even though he's basically a Raven rip off.

BigDaddyCool
09-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah, and I'm not going to look for one either because I don't care. This ain't personal or nottin' but you have to realize where I'm comin' from. Every so often it seems like a handful of other posters just start to suck some indy jerk's dick to no end talking about how good he is. Occasionally he turns out decent like CM Punk. But most of the time it is complete crap like who ever Jordon likes.

Super V
09-10-2007, 07:07 PM
As a cruiserweight comedy act, yes. But not very likely at all.

Dorkchop
09-10-2007, 07:43 PM
He'd have to change his look, gain A LOT of weight, and change his style. So no. I've seen a little of him, and like him, but let's be realistic here. He's too small for TNA.

Personally I'd like to see guys his size on tv, but it's not gonna happen.

Ninti the Mad
09-11-2007, 12:32 AM
this guy would be better

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z17NzdoFrQo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z17NzdoFrQo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2007, 01:05 AM
El Generico is no Kevin Nash in terms of ability, that's for sure.

While I don't think a hiring is likely, it wouldn't shock me if the WWE revealed they were bringing him in. He's young, got a lot of talent, has a fun character, and can forge relationships with the crowd. He can fly, is not incompetent on the mat, and it has been said that the WWE were going to slap a mask on Shantelle Taylor to try and re-create the "Rey Mysterio" phenomenon.

If El Generico were signed to the WWE, I'd easily see him as one of those cruiserweights like Spike Dudley, Tajiri, Gregory Helms, Super Crazy and Chavo Guerrero. Guys who are put over as the "star" of the division, and occasionally get chances to breathe outside the division, just because they are generally well-liked, and able to generate sympathy. I wouldn't expect a World Title reign, or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE tried to merchandise him, and get him out there as a hot opening act.

IC Champion
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Was that intended to be a shot at Mr.Nash?

Destor
09-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I love Generico. Great guy. Better wrestler.

thecc
09-11-2007, 01:54 AM
OLE!!!

What Would Kevin Do?
09-11-2007, 02:26 AM
His top rope brainbuster into the corner seems unneccessarily dangerous.

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2007, 03:16 AM
And yes, The Human Tornado is awesome. I'd love to see him show up on SmackDown!.

Skippord
09-11-2007, 03:16 AM
lol Human Tornado is amazing

Skippord
09-11-2007, 03:19 AM
DAT NIGGA DEAD

The Fugitive
09-11-2007, 03:49 AM
His top rope brainbuster into the corner seems unneccessarily dangerous.

And that's why I hate to see him in WWE. Take a look at Generico's movelist and tell me how many moves he'll have to stop doing to work the WWE-style. That brainbuster onto the turnbuckle, the exploder into the turnbuckle and possibly his Half & Half suplex (half nelson/tiger suplex). I'm not saying that he would be useless without them, but you would be stripping away a fair amount of what he can do in the ring.

The other reason I would never want to see El Generico in the WWE, and this is my opinion of a lot of independent wrestlers, is that they wouldn't know what to do with them. They'll probably want to change parts of his character that work now or give him a completely different gimmick. Of course, if he ever got signed, congratulations to him and I hope he would make a mint there but I'm happy where he is now.

As for Human Tornado... eh, he doesn't do anything for me but I need to see more of his work other than Best Ofs to be a better judge.

BigDaddyCool
09-11-2007, 09:57 AM
El Generico is no Kevin Nash in terms of ability, that's for sure.

:mad:

FourFifty
09-13-2007, 12:43 AM
I've been scoping out videos on El Generico, and I have a few simple things to say about him.

He'd be a great comedy act. Some of his backstage skits are better than what we see on a weekly basis from WWE's comedy skits or anything on TNA.

I really dig that ole song.

Yea, he throws a sloppy brain buster, his corner brain buster is going to break someone's neck someday, his corner kick is stiff, and when he dives out of the ring it's nothing but daylight half the time, but that dude gets some air for a split legged moonsault.

Gonna keep an eye on this guy if I can.

Skippord
09-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Seriously the Human Tornado may be the best person ever

Shadow
09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Gotta love the random Monty Brown impression he does in the middle of the match. That and the freaking Pimp Slap is just fucking pimp!

Dorkchop
09-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I really dig that ole song.

That's the Bouncing Souls' version.