PDA

View Full Version : Living the gimmick till the day he dies...

KingofOldSchool
09-10-2007, 08:17 PM
- Press Release: Integrity Bookings is pleased to announce their newest client addition: Eric Bischoff's Favorite Nephew, Nick "U-Gene" Dinsmore! U-Gene is currently available through Integrity Bookings for autograph sessions, pro wrestling matches, and pro wrestling clinics.

Fresh off of WWE TV, U-Gene is very much looking forward to meeting and greeting with fans at all kinds of great venues around the country. Events such as Wrestling Clinics can be booked as a package in conjunction with same-day live shows.

Interested parties can contact TalentRelations@integritybookings.com for prices, packages, and additional information.

U-Gene?

:rofl: :rofl:

The One
09-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I enjoy how he never stopped bitching about how he deserved better with his career and his dumbass fanbase thought his gimmick was holding him back, and now he's free and he's finding retarded ways to keep the retard gimmick alive.

Loose Cannon
09-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Intregrity bookings: Booking Retards since 1900

br0ken
09-10-2007, 09:45 PM
it is a smart move, he would get less booking right now if he tried to be a different personality. he won't still probly get much, but more this way than as a different gimmick

KingofOldSchool
09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I think it would've been better if he just called himself "Duuuuh"

Maluco
09-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Really sad, pathetic really.

I know he will get the most bookings possible out of this, but its sad how the WWE used him in his time with the company, and even sadder that he will have to continue that way even after leaving the company.

Although, if he was fired for constant violations of the wellness policy, he can only blame himself. If he had gotten clean, the company might have invested more time in getting him out of this hole (the whole "I'm not actually retarded" heel turn)

Corkscrewed
09-11-2007, 01:49 AM
*cue 20 yrs later, inserting Dinsmore in Greg Valentine Backyard Vid*

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2007, 03:34 AM
I enjoy how he never stopped bitching about how he deserved better with his career and his dumbass fanbase thought his gimmick was holding him back, and now he's free and he's finding retarded ways to keep the retard gimmick alive.

Actually, Nick Dinsmore never bitched about his gimmick. Non-retarded fans bitched about it because the WWE kept it up way longer than they should have, and it's arguable whether they should have debuted it in the first place. The gimmick was holding him back.

I'm a little disappointed in Nick, though. This is his chance to show off just how much talent he has. I was originally going to come in here and criticise Nick, but the cyncial 'I'm smarter than smarks, and criticise the guys with talent and their fans and love the useless sacks of shit" posters here have once again reversed me decision on something.

I understand why Dinsmore is doing this. It's money. People want the "Eugene" character (even if he can't use that particular variation of the name now), and it seems he is trying to not only get paid to wrestle, but just appear, and play the character he has gotten used to playing.

Hopefully he finds a way to also take bookings as plain, old Nick Dinsmore, and doesn't have his career drowned out with this retard shit.

.44 Magdalene
09-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I honestly don't know anyone that's a fan of Eugene--mark, smark, or otherwise. Seriously. I know absolutely zero people that would pay money to see Nick Dinsmore acting out that particular gimmick. You can explain to me how him playing a retard sells, but I'll fail to believe you. I seriously cannot fathom him getting more money staying the course with the retard shtick than if he abandoned it. I know guys that might want to book him as Nick Dinsmore, but I don't think the prospect of "WWE's Favorite Retard" U-Gene is exciting anyone of any capacity.

YOUR Hero
09-11-2007, 10:01 AM
People were warm to the Eugene gimmick. He might not have gotten far with it, but he had a warm spot in alot of fans hearts. The gimmick held him back, but it's all he's got right now to capitalize on.

Fox
09-14-2007, 12:24 AM
LOL

And I remember, back in 2001 or 2002, reading in a wrestling magazine that "Nick Dinsmore is one of the best looking young prospects to take over the wrestling business from the Austins and Rocks in the near future."

U-Gene. HAHAHAHAHA.

Mooияakeя™
09-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Hmmm, wiki says a lot..

Resides in Tampa, and "Recently, after Dinsmore's release, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling contacted him, intending to reunite Dinsmore with old partner and fellow WWE alumnus Rob Conway."

Best plan if they take him. Carrying on the same gimmick would be fükken stupid.

Kane Knight
09-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Hmmm, wiki says a lot..

Resides in Tampa, and "Recently, after Dinsmore's release, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling contacted him, intending to reunite Dinsmore with old partner and fellow WWE alumnus Rob Conway."

Best plan if they take him. Carrying on the same gimmick would be fükken stupid.

You're assuming they won't keep up the retard gimmick.

Xero
09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Rob "Fag" Conway and U-Gene, the gimmicks Russo wished he booked...

KingofOldSchool
09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmm, wiki says a lot..

Yeah cause Wiki is full of legit wrestling news. :roll:

The One
09-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Wiki got Nancy's death before anyone else... :shifty:

Kane Knight
09-14-2007, 10:27 AM

This wouldn't be so funny, if you weren't posting on a site with news from Matt Boob.

Mr. Nerfect
09-16-2007, 09:33 AM

Well, to be fair, Jim Cornette does have some power there, and he was a large part of OVW when Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway were teaming there. It wouldn't be shocking if TNA wanted to bring in The Lords of the Ring, especially with their shortness of real tag teams. Basham & Damaja didn't work because they weren't given a reason to team in TNA. In the WWE they were brothers, and in OVW, I believe they were rivals turned partners. Hopefully Cornette manages to get in someone's ear, and gives Conway & Dinsmore a reason to team in TNA.

I still like the idea of them coming in as Kurt Angle's apprentices, as they are both technically savvy and could play Angle's henchmen well. What I would really love is if Nick Dinsmore worked some Ring of Honor shows, though.

Mr. JL
09-16-2007, 01:37 PM
UJean

addy2hotty
09-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Jeez, you people. Dinsmore really is a retard in real life.

Kane Knight
09-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Jeez, you people. Dinsmore really is a retard in real life.

So...He's a Cena fan?