PDA

View Full Version : Havent watched wrestling in over a year...but my freind...

94 SVT Cobra
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
...so i haven't watched wrestling since January and my freind is always telling me how much ive let the internet ruin my perception of wrestling and how things are getting better and better. Hes also a jeff hardy mark so i take that into deep consideration every time he talks wrestling. Kinda the kid who just loves WWE regardless as hes been watching it his whole life (22) and ive been watching it with him since i was 9 (im 21).

My response to him is that while i don't watch wrestling, i do read results and talk to a lot of people online that do and they all are basically saying either it blows, or its not as bad as it used to be, but not by much. so basically im asking this...

Is my friend just to halfway retarded to know when his beloved wrestling is truly at a piss poor quality and my distaste for the product after watching for YEARS after they bought WCW and began there tumble down hill and finally getting tired of it, or am i just not giving it a fair chance reading the results and hearing the masses bitch about how bad it is?

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 12:20 AM
I find there's a huge difference between watching and just reading results. Different things just strike different people...differently. What I don't get is that you're not interested enough to view, but you are interested enough to bitch about it. That just strikes me as odd.

Jordan
09-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Agree with ma boy thrilla

94 SVT Cobra
09-12-2007, 12:24 AM
great way to read my post as i didnt bitch any where about anything except for when i stopped watching, its just that hes been pushing this on me for a while and i wanted to ask you all what you thought. every tuesday i see the kid he tells me how awsome raw was and so on and so forth, so i figure id ask.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 12:26 AM
I did read your post. I wasn't trying to say that you were bitching in that actual post, but the fact that you regard the product as 'piss poor' and you're talking about your 'distaste' for the product led me to my own conclusions.

94 SVT Cobra
09-12-2007, 12:30 AM
once again, read the post at that point i wasnt saying i think its piss poor, i was asking if it still was from the last time i watched and if my friend was to retarted to know a good show from a bad one due to the whole "i grew up on it and ill never stop watching it" mentallity he has. Im trying to see if its worth 2hrs of a monday night or not.

Jordan
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Give it a shot, bitch.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Well just fucking watch it for yourself. Nobody else's opinion should matter, should it?

94 SVT Cobra
09-12-2007, 12:37 AM
I suppose your right ABT, i must ask this....how much of john cena will i be forced to see? i swear to god its one of the reasons i stopped watching.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Well, this past Monday, he was on for maybe a combined five minutes.

94 SVT Cobra
09-12-2007, 12:46 AM
damn, thats all? is that the norm or do i still gotta deal with cena on my tv every 20 mins like i last remb?

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 12:48 AM
Well, to be fair, the whole thing was that he was supposed to be barred from the building for beating up William Regal last week...but he really wasn't on all that much last week either. There were a lot of promos for his match with Randy Orton at Unforgiven, but at the same time, I think the feud is coming together quite nicely.

94 SVT Cobra
09-12-2007, 12:58 AM
kinda sounds the same, but i suppose ill still give it a shot.

Kane Knight
09-12-2007, 08:40 AM
once again, read the post at that point i wasnt saying i think its piss poor, i was asking if it still was from the last time i watched and if my friend was to retarted to know a good show from a bad one due to the whole "i grew up on it and ill never stop watching it" mentallity he has. Im trying to see if its worth 2hrs of a monday night or not.

Don't mind the 'Tard Squad, they just go around bitching that people actually have standards. That they wouldn't bother to get your point and instead complain about you bitching is just because they lack higher brain functions.

It's even better since Thrilla was just saying even he was disappointed in the Hornswaggle debacle, which kind of screams hypocrisy, but you kind of expect that these days.

Don't botther watching Raw. They're now doing a paternity angle. Brilliant, isn't it? The midget is McMahon's bastard son! Yay! This is crap, and most people get that.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Fuck you, Kane Knight. Being disappointed and bitching aren't the same thing.

Jura
09-12-2007, 11:22 AM
You spelled "friend" wrong my friend.

The One
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
VVVAAAARRROOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Oh and wrestling indeed sucks. As a lifelong fan, I can honestly say this is the least interested I've ever been. I barely watch but 10 minutes of it a week. It simply can't keep my interest when I know so much more entertaining things are going on, like paint drying and so forth.

IC Champion
09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
In all fairness, wrestling is terrible right now, and I'm only a week or two from being done with RAW, and no one watches Smackdown or ECW.

I would stop watching now, but I'm curious as to see how much worse it can get.

Johnny Vegas
09-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I honestly think that if people say they are going to "stop" watching wrestling, they should. But there is something about it that keeps SOME room in their brains.

I think that we are entering an era where instead of it being surrounded by wrestling, it is now entertainment. Some like it, some don't. And many who enjoy the entertainment aspect feel their intelligence is being tested. Many who enjoy the wrestling aspect might as well get used to what they see because unless Vince gives up his obsessive steriod-abuser disorder shit, you are going to get the same shit.

What makes this whole wrestling-or-entertainment ordeal is that the people that can wrestle for the most part can't entertain worth a damn, while vice-versa is the entertainers. The only ones "straddling the fence" are HBK, C.M. Punk, Regal, and maybe a couple of others that are worth a damn. Why do you think the WWE are trying to bring back Jericho.

Kane Knight
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Fuck you, Kane Knight. Being disappointed and bitching aren't the same thing.

Then again, what Cobra did wasn't bitching, either.

See, that was the point. Well, a portion of it, anywhore.

Anybody Thrilla
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I did read your post. I wasn't trying to say that you were bitching in that actual post, but the fact that you regard the product as 'piss poor' and you're talking about your 'distaste' for the product led me to my own conclusions.

C'mon now.

Kane Knight
09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I honestly think that if people say they are going to "stop" watching wrestling, they should. But there is something about it that keeps SOME room in their brains.

I agree. People should stop wacthing if they keep saying they will.

FFS, it's not that hard.

This is part of why WWE rarely changes. It knows that the bitchy fans will still watch. When ratings tank, they do change. We need people to stop buying wrestling shit. Stop watching, especially if you're a Nielsen family. Just say no.

If you keep supporting the fuckers, you're a hypocrite.

Kane Knight
09-12-2007, 07:58 PM
C'mon now.

I can say I didn't call you a hypocrite, but that wouldn't really be true, either, no matter how I formatted it.

br0ken
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I am watching some wreslting for the first time in years because of John Cena. He's good and fun to watch maybe for you guys he is not because you seen him more than me but he is better than the other junk on the show. Somehow this makes me a dummy and I get bad reps because of it. People like to act smart and put down an opinion they can't like. People tell you not to worry about other peoples opinions and like what you like. This is true but the hypocrites here will give you a bad rep for having your own opinion that is not like theres.

The One
09-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Broken, let me give you a little bit of insider tip.

1) People don't hate you because you like John Cena. Hell I back fuckin Batista, and people don't really care. If anything, it sets up for enjoyable punchlines on you. Which leads me to...

2) Don't take it so personally when people do insult you. Run with it. That's half the fun around here. Using myself as an example to show you; people make jokes about how I worship The Kliq, love Billy fucking Gunn, cheer for generic boring shit, and think I'm the know all of wrestling. BigDaddyCool is the red neck-ish asshole who roots for Boogen (Boogyman to let you in on the inside joke). There's a million others. Hell try making a witty joke on Kane Knight sometime and just see where the bullshit argument goes. It's fun.

3) Proper spelling and grammar is expected. You can make a mistake or two every now and then, but shortening words down to a single letter are one of a million examples of that. The fact that your last post was well written is the reason I am taking the time to tell you all this.

4) You're free to your opinion, as long as you "fit in" here...and to fit in you have to be able to take a joke on yourself. It's not hypocritical, it's the way we as an online community have chosen to adopt.

I still think you are a sock, who's I don't know, but someone's for sure. HOWEVER, if by some freak chance you're not, than please understand we are not picking on you for your choice, but for how you have interacted with us. If you keep up the way your last post was it would be a step up, but you really need to lighten up as well. :wave:

addy2hotty
09-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Broken is quite clearly in love with Cena, and I don't mean effectionate love, but the love that makes him masturbate over a poster of the WWE Champion.

5 knuckle shuffle time, eh Broken?

Mr. Nerfect
09-13-2007, 05:20 AM
John Cena is a horrible actor. That's all I have to say. This emotional shit that's meant to be surrounding his character has been awful because the WWE is depending on Cena to act, and it's quite sad.

94 SVT Cobra
09-14-2007, 12:44 AM
Broken Five Knuckle Shuffles to John Cena pics

Johnny Vegas
09-14-2007, 01:20 AM
his acting wasn't that bad :/

Xerzes
09-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Post count goes up.

Kane Knight
09-16-2007, 12:32 AM
his acting wasn't that bad :/

In "The Marine," Perhaps, but on WWE programming, which I'm pretty sure was what 'Noid was talking about, it's been terrible.

He actually had more depth as a 2D action star than as a 1D champion. He ruins tense moments consistantly

I liked him in the Marine, but then, I thought the Condemned was worth a rewatch, too. He needed precious little range in order to play that character. "Someone stole my girlfriend, I'm pissed, raaar." The storylines he's been in over the last couple of years should have mandated a wider range, but no.

The One
09-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I saw all of like 3 minutes of The Marine, and to be honest, I agree with KK. He acted better in it than he does on RAW. Of course this isn't a difficult feat to accomplish as a monkey with half a day of improv classes under his belt would blow Cena out of the water, but still. If I had to submerge myself into a giant pool of shit acting, I would take Marine Cena over RAW Cena.