PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose to be inducted to Hall of Fame

John la Rock
03-02-2004, 11:49 AM
WWE Hall of Fame calls on Rose

Associated Press

3/2/2004

NEW YORK (AP) - Pete Rose will be inducted into World Wrestling Entertainment's hall of fame later this month, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

Rose, major league baseball's career hits leader with 4,256, participated in three WrestleMania events from 1998-2000 for WWE. He's ineligible to enter baseball's Hall of Fame because he's banned from the game for life.

"He has a deep, abiding respect for what we do,'' WWE chairman Vince McMahon told the newspaper.

Rose will be paid for his appearance at the March 13 induction, and at WrestleMania the next night at Madison Square Garden.

He'll be presented by Kane, his 136-kilogram nemesis in the WrestleMania shows.

http://www.tsn.ca/wrestling/news_story.asp?ID=74579&hubName=wrestling

Blue Demon
03-02-2004, 11:52 AM
It's the token celebrity.

SuperSlim
03-02-2004, 11:53 AM
if this is for real and legit then oh my

Blue Demon
03-02-2004, 11:54 AM
it's legit....and lol at this

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20020921/kanerose_52231.jpg

The Naitch
03-02-2004, 11:55 AM
He'll be presented by Kane, his 136-kilogram nemesis in the WrestleMania shows.

http://www.tsn.ca/wrestling/news_story.asp?ID=74579&hubName=wrestling

:rofl:

loopydate
03-02-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, but 136 kg doesn't intimidate me like 325 lb.

The CyNick
03-02-2004, 12:31 PM
ITs a fun idea, and lets face it, just a cheap publicity stunt.

I hope that they create a separate category for Rose. In most sports HOF's they have sections for managers, for players, for mgmt and so on. So, for the WWE maybe they should say he's getting in the special celebrity section of the HOF. That way they could add people like Bob Ueker and Mike Tyson even.

Maybe I take this stuff too seriously but I'd hope we dont consider Bob Backlund and Billy Graham as being on par with Pete Rose.

DaveBrawl
03-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Well at least he can get into one Hall of Fame. :D

AareDub
03-02-2004, 12:51 PM
This is hilarious. I'll bet the Undertaker isn't even returning, it's all just been Pete Rose trying to get his revenge on Kane. Someone in a different thread suggested this a while back. It would be the ultimate swerve! :lol:

Blue Demon
03-02-2004, 12:55 PM
This is hilarious. I'll bet the Undertaker isn't even returning, it's all just been Pete Rose trying to get his revenge on Kane. Someone in a different thread suggested this a while back. It would be the ultimate swerve! :lol:
that'd be kinda funny :lol:

Ricky
03-02-2004, 12:58 PM
This is hilarious. I'll bet the Undertaker isn't even returning, it's all just been Pete Rose trying to get his revenge on Kane. Someone in a different thread suggested this a while back. It would be the ultimate swerve! :lol:LOL as much as I want to see Undertaker back, that would actually be hilarious. :rofl:

Infact imagine if they did that at Mania, have Kane come out, then Takers music hits, but Pete Rose comes out and jumps Kane, gets beat up and then the real Taker comes out and the match starts proper. Would be a funny little tease that the Undertaker isn't gonna be there and wouldn't be too far fetched IMO.

Kane Knight
03-02-2004, 01:07 PM

LOL

Kane Knight
03-02-2004, 01:08 PM
LOL as much as I want to see Undertaker back, that would actually be hilarious. :rofl:

Infact imagine if they did that at Mania, have Kane come out, then Takers music hits, but Pete Rose comes out and jumps Kane, gets beat up and then the real Taker comes out and the match starts proper. Would be a funny little tease that the Undertaker isn't gonna be there and wouldn't be too far fetched IMO.

I'd go nuts for that.

Even better...Rose is carried out in the casket deal, by druids who look like they're carrying taker...

AareDub
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
The druids bring the casket out, burning symbols are lowered in the rampway, then Pete Rose comes through the crowd behind Kane and jumps him!

Corkscrewed
03-02-2004, 03:42 PM
I'd go nuts for that.

Even better...Rose is carried out in the casket deal, by druids who look like they're carrying taker...

That'd be so classic. He pops out of the casket, and JR's like "IT WAS PETE ROSE ALL ALONG!!!"

Then Taker's other music hits....

Anyway, at least he gets into ONE Hall of Fame.

Rob
03-02-2004, 05:42 PM
All this stunt has done has stripped any sense of dignity or respect from the Hall of Fame. It's no wonder Bret Hart and Bruno Sammartino want no part of it.

SuperSlim
03-02-2004, 05:44 PM
well seein pete rose in the casket at WM sounds good... but in hall of fame is shameful... its like Arquette winnin the WCW title

Evil Vito
03-02-2004, 05:45 PM
<font color=goldenrod>According to WWE.com, here is the list of 2004 inductees:

Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Sgt. Slaughter
Don Muraco
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
Tito Santana
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
Superstar Billy Graham
Harley Race
Big John Studd
Junkyard Dog
Pete Rose

Not a bad list, IMO</font>

DaveWadding
03-02-2004, 06:58 PM
How class of Vince. If Pete never gets into Cooperstown, then leave Pete in...but if he does they can retract it or something.

Mikey
03-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Well at least he can get into one Hall of Fame. :D

:rofl: :

Xero
03-02-2004, 11:09 PM
If he doesnt have anything to do with the Taker/Kane match (Which Im afraid he will), they might have him cut a promo on the NY crowd, then Kane comes out and Tombstones him... Which is sorta unlikly, because Kane is a heel, and I would IMAGIN that they would play Rose as a heel, or possibly as a face, I dunno...

StrongMad
03-02-2004, 11:16 PM
also, the poll on wwe.com shows that over 50% of people are most excited about Pete Rose getting inducted into the hall of fame. Why is that?

CBright7831
03-02-2004, 11:17 PM
If he doesnt have anything to do with the Taker/Kane match (Which Im afraid he will), they might have him cut a promo on the NY crowd, then Kane comes out and Tombstones him... Which is sorta unlikly, because Kane is a heel, and I would IMAGIN that they would play Rose as a heel, or possibly as a face, I dunno...
The first two times Rose got attacked, Kane was pretty much a heel. Especially the first time.

Kane Knight
03-02-2004, 11:18 PM
also, the poll on wwe.com shows that over 50% of people are most excited about Pete Rose getting inducted into the hall of fame. Why is that?

Loaded poll?

loopydate
03-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Loaded poll?

Or because most wrestling fans have only been watching since the Attitude era and have no idea who Don Muraco, Tito Santana, Harley Race, and Billy Graham are.

DaveWadding
03-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Harley wasn't super great in WWE from what ?I remember though anyway...

AareDub
03-02-2004, 11:36 PM
I just read that Kane will be doing the induction for Pete Rose at the Hall of Fame Ceremony. :lol:

credit prowrestlingscoops.com

John la Rock
03-02-2004, 11:38 PM
I just read that Kane will be doing the induction for Pete Rose at the Hall of Fame Ceremony. :lol:

credit prowrestlingscoops.com
all ready been said

AareDub
03-03-2004, 02:59 PM
all ready been said

whoops, didn't read the whole thing.

Disturbed316
03-03-2004, 03:55 PM
<font color=goldenrod>According to WWE.com, here is the list of 2004 inductees:

Jesse "The Body" Ventura
Sgt. Slaughter
Don Muraco
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
Tito Santana
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
Superstar Billy Graham
Harley Race
Big John Studd
Junkyard Dog
Pete Rose

Not a bad list, IMO</font>

Nice to see Heenan on that list :y:

Disturbed316
03-03-2004, 03:58 PM
http://halloffame.wwe.com/images/rose1.jpg

the WWE legend people

Xero
03-03-2004, 03:59 PM
The first two times Rose got attacked, Kane was pretty much a heel. Especially the first time.
Thats right... That slipped my mind... So a promo is entirely possible...