PDA

View Full Version : Will the real C show please stand up?

dablackguy
09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Fun discussion with a friend last night, that ended with us comparing the Smackdown and ECW rosters and to his shock and dismay, we concluded the following:

Smackdown is the C show whether anyone likes it or not.

Yeah, ECW is treated like a developmental brand, but so what? Between Punk, Burke, Boogeyman, Thorn, Striker, Morrison and Cor Von (when they get back) there's much more here to watch and enjoy than you'll find on Smackdown.

Let's not forget Alice either, a star in the making.

Compare to Smackdown with Khali, Dancin Dave, Rey, Chavo, MVP and Matt Hardy (whom I'm enjoying right now) It'll probably change once Taker and Edge get back, but as of now, I'm finding ECW to be more the B show than Smackdown.

Discuss your opinion of what show is the C show

Anybody Thrilla
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't really think it's necessary to give the shows letter ratings, as to how I think all three shows are just different forms of entertainment, but I do enjoy ECW more than SmackDOWN!

BigDaddyCool
09-14-2007, 02:07 PM
ECW is the best hour of wrestling on television.

Jordan
09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Smackdown will be great once Taker returns.

Jordan
09-14-2007, 02:30 PM
And Edge will help out a lot as well. But if there is one wrestler I am a total mark for its Taker.

Kane Knight
09-14-2007, 02:31 PM
ECW is the best hour of wrestling on television.

And it's still utter shite, so the discussion's moot.

There was a time when there was an A Brand, and a B Brand. These days, there's no such clear advantage, because they all suck.

addy2hotty
09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
They are all C shows. Equally and without prejudice.

Kane Knight
09-14-2007, 02:35 PM
They are all F shows. Equally and without prejudice.

addy2hotty
09-14-2007, 02:36 PM
GET THE 'F' OUT!

dablackguy
09-14-2007, 02:41 PM
And it's still utter shite, so the discussion's moot.

Are you kidding, Raw is the A show and its amazing! :shifty:

But being realistic, we know Raw is the A show and they treat it as such. And with most people considering ECW to be the C show, that puts Smackdown right in the middle, which I disagree with.

I mean, you're right, they're all piles of shit, its just a matter of which pile of shit you find most appealing

Kane Knight
09-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Being realistic, ECW IS the C-Show. It has the lowest effort and production put into it, which earmarks it. Any way you slice it, that's the truth. You may like it more, but it's the inferior brand for the same reason Raw is the A-Show: It's treated the worst the same way Raw is treated the best.

To claim otherwise is ridiculous, and I would have thought you had come to grips with that when you posed the question: So what?

The fact is, it's the least of the brands. No way will anything bearing the name of Paul Heyman's baby ever be treated better than Sackdown or Raw. If you're arguing in terms of treatment, you're wrong, and this was a very stupid thing to ask. You were supporting it with something different.

BigDaddyCool
09-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, I think we can all agree than TNA is the D show...

IC Champion
09-14-2007, 04:59 PM
BDC is the D Show.

CharismaInjection
09-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Smackdown's Full Top Stars:
Undertaker
Batista
Edge
Rey Mysterio
Kane
Finlay
Matt Hardy
MVP

ECW
CM Punk
Elijah Burke
John Morrisson
Marcus Cor Von

uh.....yeah....

dablackguy
09-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Smackdown's Full Top Stars:
Undertaker: Hurt
Batista: Sucks
Edge:Hurt
Rey Mysterio: You're kidding right?
Kane: glorified jobber
Finlay: Meh
Matt Hardy: 1
MVP: 2

I'm not really arguing production values or anything, just talent-wise as the show I'd rather watch right now. Honestly, I expect a solid match from Burke and Punk at Unforgiven, which is more than I can say for Tista and Khali. Funny how you didn't mention the heavyweight champion when naming Smackdown's stars. Personally, as of right now, I stress now, I find there more to get excited about watching an ECW show then Smackdown

BigDaddyCool
09-15-2007, 10:15 AM
BDC is the D Show.

:foc:

BigDaddyCool
09-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Now I'm confused, JBL (a wrestling God) called smackdown the A show last night. JBL can't be wrong, can he?

br0ken
09-15-2007, 01:52 PM
The WWE **might** treat the ECW the worse by the amount of investment they put to iot but that don't mean the wreslters their will not be fun to watch and even more fun than RAW or SD! It's not just up to the WWE, it is up to the wrestlers to make the best of things

Tommy Gunn
09-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Smackdown is the B show. Why? M-V-P. I reckon he's the guy to watch set the WWE ablaze in '08.

Both shows lack star power, especially after the draft, but it gives mid carders more room to grow and climb the ladder, so it's all good.

Keep the big stars on the A show, build the future talent on the B + C show.

Kane Knight
09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Rey Mysterio: More over than the entirety of ECW, and I'm a huge faggot for denying it.

Xero
09-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Snitsky is more over than the entirety of ECW, what are you on?

Kane Knight
09-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Snitsky is more over than the entirety of ECW, what are you on?

IT's true. :D

It's just dablackguy's statement was so moronic...

Also, it's funny that he's pointing out how great guys who aren't active or are glorified jobbers on ECW are, then dismissing people who aren't active or are glorified jobbers on ECW.

I mean, I espect a certain level of stupid from a wrestling website, but this is the kind of stupid you only expect from people who can't spell "WWE."

DAMN iNATOR
09-16-2007, 02:00 PM
GET THE 'F' OUT!

Being that the company has been WWE since early 2002, I’d say they’re all the 'E' shows, as in the letter grade, lord knows there’s no entertainment to be spoken of in WWE at the moment, and hardly any of that second 'W' in the company name.