PDA

View Full Version : Lets pretend to own a wrestling company

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
DO you think it would be best to have many belts for different wait classes like UFC or boxing?

Do you think it would be best to have womans belts?

What about US or Intercontinentel type of belts?

Should the company have proper contenders spots?

I think these things would make the company foundation seem more legitatament. You still have whacky characters and stuff, but the foundation should seem more realtastic.

BigDaddyCool
09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
DO you think it would be best to have many belts for different wait classes like UFC or boxing?

What about US or Intercontinentel type of belts?

Should the company have proper contenders spots?

I think these things would make the company foundation seem more legitatament. You still have whacky characters and stuff, but the foundation should seem more realtastic.

We literally already did that. In fact, I'm assigning everyone roster spots last night, and now everyone is haggling about where they should be.

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:06 PM
:?:

not us the people here, but like WWE. If you own WWE or another franchise.

HeartBreakMan2k
09-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I honestly don't think you can seperate weight classes in pro wrestling, there's so much behind the idea of 'the best in the world'. I mean look at it this way, everyone always wants the unification match between brand champions to see who really is the best, you could never do that following a MMA/boxing/weight class format. I think that system is only ever going to be truly accepted by combat sport fans.

The years have made us buy so deeply into the idea of "bigger = better", I mean honestly look at the cruiserweight title. No matter who holds it, it will never see the same recognition as the world title. Weight class system would be much of the same.

HeartBreakMan2k
09-20-2007, 10:15 PM
That being said, yes - I do think you should have a woman's title and yes, I would love to see the ranking system for contenders used more (however, that one is more of a combat sport thing as well, wins and losses don't always breed the best story).

BigDaddyCool
09-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh, well that is all we do anyhow. Tell TNA and WWE how they should be running their promotions. And I have said something along the line of having ranking system, and maybe keep track of wins and losses on a larger scale than just the occasion winning/undefeated streak.

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
I think with cheat wins and cheat losses that it makes having rank system that much better. That it makes it own storyline by natural selection. Also the lower weight guys can always have credibles to them. Like a light heavy weight can beat the heavyweight guys even win that champion belt,for a while, just like in other sports.

**I think WWF/E make people always believe bigger is better** some focus away from that would work.

HeartBreakMan2k
09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
But wouldn't having a smaller guy beat a heavier guy for a title take away from the point entirely. With combat sports you have very clearly defined weight limits, and VERY few guys are in the position to cross those lines. With WWE they'll just make it up all the time and there would be no premise or point behind it other than "well... we need to give XXX the time but we can't take the belt off of YYY, let's say he cut enough weight for the welterweight division and give him that"

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:34 PM
OK, well you say that the lightweight champ is training to gain weight to come up and fight the heavyweight guy. or vise versa. Then of course that guy can't hold both belts very long because of extra defends and stuff. Like the wrestler has to weigh the rite amount, even if just by pretend.

HeartBreakMan2k
09-20-2007, 10:36 PM
But that instantly kills it to me, if you're not going to be legit with the weights then don't do weight classes. That's a sticking point to me. I know that's assinine to expect from professional wrestling, but it just is.

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Really :?:

I think it is ok, but if you are going to say you weigh less, you must be able to look like it. I agree on that. Wreslting already lies about the height and weight, so what is the difference, as long as you can note a difference.

**Also you can have cheating weigh in guys or people that win but then get a DQ for not making the weights** so many different angle ideas.

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
OK also the most important part is for people that actully do weigh less than the big guys. The smaller guys should be able to perform and look more legit without looking weak by the big guys.

Kane Knight
09-20-2007, 10:47 PM
But wouldn't having a smaller guy beat a heavier guy for a title take away from the point entirely. With combat sports you have very clearly defined weight limits, and VERY few guys are in the position to cross those lines. With WWE they'll just make it up all the time and there would be no premise or point behind it other than "well... we need to give XXX the time but we can't take the belt off of YYY, let's say he cut enough weight for the welterweight division and give him that"

In combat sports, there is very little variety to the movesets, too.

Do we really need to count off the ways Wrestling breaks from real sports?

br0ken
09-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Can people also make some other ideas. I put down some from me, but not just to talk against those ones, but others to.

Vastardikai
09-21-2007, 01:28 AM
My main thing is having a major storyline. One storyline that drives the whole promotion.

Then have some lesser storylines and time for the fans to build up the guys who aren't on top. If the fans were given a reason to care about Londrick or the Redneck Wrecking Crew, or anybody on the card for that matter, the fans would have someone to get behind besides the top 2 or 3 guys. It also paves the way for the future, and the possibility (come on, the inevitability) of a top star taking some time off due to injury.

Woman's division would be fine, but not essential. I would, however, include a Brass Knuckles Division, a TV Title, and a Tag Title. I'd use the TV Title as the #2 belt in the promotion, a belt that is respected as a stepping stone to the belt. I'd also be for making the Tag belts important. I wouldn't make the Brass Knuckles title be contested in joke matches. To be a Brass Knuckles Champion, you'd have to be a bad ass., because it means you are the toughest guy in the company. It's also a stepping stone to the top, a good way to build a bad ass heel.

The Brass Knuckles division and the tag division would be an appetiser for what the company would be all about: the Heavyweight Title.

Stickman
09-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Stables.

br0ken
09-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Stables.

I also like managers. But sometimes with a stable or a manager the wrestler get lost to those things.

Xero
09-22-2007, 09:32 AM
EWR.

Tommy Gunn
09-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Send Booker & Kennedy back to Smackdown with most of the divas, swap the cruiserweight title with the womens title, and deport Khali back to India, and Smackdown would be the perfect wrestling show.

Lux
09-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Mutha Fucka would you even watch if there was no women on