PDA

View Full Version : Yucky *ECW Spoilers*

Mr. Nerfect
10-03-2007, 01:42 AM
I quite liked the chase for the ECW Title, with four guys basically wrestling one elongated match over three weeks, but then the WWE went and ruined it. Big Daddy V won the contest despite not being announced from the start. Does this leave a sour taste in anyone else's mouths?

I like Big Daddy V as much as it is possible to like a big blob of shit that really can't do much (I honestly do), and I wouldn't mind him getting a shot at the ECW Title, but why the fuck couldn't they have played the angle straight and had Elijah Burke win the contest, and give us another solid match between the two at No Mercy? All I can say is that they better do a Battle Royal for the WWE Championship at No Mercy, and Elijah Burke better be invited as Vince McMahon's one-time "chosen one."

Corkscrewed
10-03-2007, 02:27 AM
It's a big F-U to the inernet community, that's for sure. One of those things designed to just piss you off and remind you that Vince will always have the final say.

Rammsteinmad
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
I came online today kinda hoping inside that Dreamer won it. I know it woulda been really unlikely, but that woulda added to the coolness of it. Plus Dreamer VS Punk would be a good match.

Either way, Burke and Punk would be a good match, so it was a win/win situation.

Until I saw a picture of Big Daddy V on the main page on WWE.com. I knew what it meant straight away and was sickened. :nono:

Skippord
10-03-2007, 03:01 AM
If Punk hits the GTS

he is my hero

Dave Youell
10-03-2007, 04:15 AM
I love Big Daddy V

He's like a modern day Abdullah the Butcher, I'm all for this

Mr. Nerfect
10-03-2007, 09:36 AM
I love Big Daddy V

He's like a modern day Abdullah the Butcher, I'm all for this

I'm not really anti-BDV. The guy is pretty entertaining for a guy his size. More entertaining than he should be. I've always been fascinated by his character (there was that article that someone wrote recently that pretty much summed up my intrigue), and Matt Striker is glorious in all he does. However, I don't think he should have just walked in and been named the #1 Contender for no reason at all.

CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke or Tommy Dreamer at No Mercy would have been the better match. Punk retains, and doesn't look like a chump in his reign, as he's defended at two PPVs. Then John Morrison gets his rematch on Sci-Fi, and Punk retains again. Big Daddy V can then attack Punk, and set up their encounter, all the while building momentum with various wins.

What they could do at Cyber Sunday kind of escapes me, but how about a Triple Threat or Fatal Fourway with John Morrison, Elijah Burke and Tommy Dreamer? That way things keep going strong for CM Punk, and Big Daddy V. The next PPV would be Survivor Series, and Punk can lead an ECW face team (Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Balls Mahoney & The Boogeyman) against a heel team (Elijah Burke, John Morrison, Kevin Thorn, The Miz & Big Daddy V). The heels can get the win in this, when Big Daddy V cuts loose, and helps Elijah Burke get the pin on Punk. This leads to another match between Punk and Burke at Armageddon, with Punk escaping as ECW Champion, again. Big Daddy V then attacks Punk, and says he is sick of waiting, and we get Punk vs. Big Daddy V at the Royal Rumble (it seems like a Rumble title match to me). Punk can then retain, and go heading into WrestleMania looking like a fairly strong ECW Champion. Big Daddy V can then do his swap to SmackDown!.

I don't like the speed with which they are pushing Big Daddy V.

BigDaddyCool
10-03-2007, 09:47 AM
BDV is the only undefeated guy in ECW and from that stand point deserved to be in the race from the get go. But yeah, it seems almost pointless to have had the other matches outside of them being great matches. I felt bad for Tommy though, it would have been nice to see him get on ppv for once.

Xero
10-03-2007, 10:37 AM
LOL at Alienoid thinking WWE would deliver a semi-decent match, both in quality and in storylines.

Just be glad it wasn't Khali.

Corkscrewed
10-03-2007, 12:24 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Shaggy
10-03-2007, 12:31 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Its too late now....now we just gotta sit and wait for Khali to come out instead of BDV at No Mercy

Xero
10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Khali vs. BDV vs. CM Punk - One of these things just doesn't belong here.

DAMN iNATOR
10-03-2007, 04:03 PM
BDC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BDV. :y:

BigDaddyCool
10-03-2007, 04:26 PM
BDC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BDV. :y:

Well that is a given. Still it deserves a rep or something.

St. Jimmy
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Big Daddy V is the goods.

6to1
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
damm my tivo keeps on cutting out the last 5 mins of ecw last i saw dreamer won so big daddy took the shot ok. well its better to have a heel face a face then 2 faces. i would kind of like to see vis get a belt he is always entertaining let him an val win.

Mr. Nerfect
10-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Just realised that No Mercy is in Chicago. It would have been nice to do CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke, as the fans would have been into it for a change, the match would have been good, and overall it would have been a positive experience. I wonder how Chicago is going to react to CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V. They will probably be pro-Punk, but I can't see them biting exactly as the WWE wants them to. I see pro-Punk heat, and apathy towards BDV as a possibility.

Destor
10-06-2007, 12:44 AM
I thought the Big Vis win was some of the best wrestling writting I had seen in a long time. Seriously, that was a great swerve. Great heel moment.

Gerard
10-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Wonder how many people watching think viscera and big daddy v are 2 different people. Bound to be a few out there. :lol:

Evil Vito
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
<font color=goldenrod>The Big Daddy V thing pissed me off to no end. And what's worse is I totally forgot about V during the Dreamer/Burke match

As I marked for Tommy, as soon as Estrada's music hit, I thought "Well, looks like Morrison's coming back to win the belt"

.....then it was V</font> :|

owenbrown
10-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Wonder how many people watching think viscera and big daddy v are 2 different people. Bound to be a few out there. :lol:

Being awful generous about a few, aren't ya Gerard? :roll: :shifty:

DAMN iNATOR
10-06-2007, 04:03 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/images/statusicongreen/post_new.gif Today, 4:03 PM

Big Daddy Vito 22
:cool:
Number of © violations alleged against WWE : 1
http://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Savio
10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I like BDV. I don't think he should have gotten the contendership that way, booking is fucked up all across wrestling now.

Could still be a good match though IMO.

Crossrine
10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Alienoid06
Just realised that No Mercy is in Chicago. It would have been nice to do CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke, as the fans would have been into it for a change, the match would have been good, and overall it would have been a positive experience. I wonder how Chicago is going to react to CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V. They will probably be pro-Punk, but I can't see them biting exactly as the WWE wants them to. I see pro-Punk heat, and apathy towards BDV as a possibility.

Last time Punk was here, the vast majority liked him. Mainly because he is really social around Chicago and can be spotted alot. Plus there is a whole home town hero factor.

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 05:34 PM

They are two different people? :eek:

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 03:19 AM
Last time Punk was here, the vast majority liked him. Mainly because he is really social around Chicago and can be spotted alot. Plus there is a whole home town hero factor.

I don't know if you or your buddies are going to No Mercy, but I am hoping to hear some "Put a shirt on," and scathing "Mabel" (think Bart and Lisa jeering "Daryl" chants in "Homer at the Bat") chants. I mean, like BDV well enough, as previously said, but he just shouldn't be a World Champion. Certainly not yet.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 03:35 AM
I'm just thinking of how CM Punk could beat Big Daddy V, and nothing springs to mind. He could go over cleanly enough, but that would destroy BDV's heat. He could roll-up Viscera, but the Chicago fans will be underwhelmed by that. Honestly, as Russo-esque as this may be, I think Matt Striker should cost BDV the match.

I don't know if Striker and Punk would then align or not (I think not, to avoid the heel turn of Punk), but maybe have Striker claim that seeing as he turned Big Daddy V into something in the first place, he could just as easily destroy him. Have Striker inform BDV that he's his teacher, and that you're not supposed to like your teacher. This would allow Big Daddy V to become more of a loner, when he eventually gets to beat Matt Striker, and that saves Striker going over to SmackDown! with Viscera when the time comes for the inevitable move.

Although, if you're going to do a heel turn for CM Punk, you might as well do it in Chicago. I can just imagine Joey Styles screaming on commentary that CM Punk has sold out to Matt Striker in front of his friends, family and fans. Seems a bit "sports entertainmenty," though. You could then have Tommy Dreamer to step up as Punk's next challenger, though, which would be pretty good stuff, with Punk condescending the original ECW lifestyle. John Morrison could even make a face turn, aligning himself with Dreamer (you can claim that Morrison earned Dreamer's respect during their Extreme Rules Match a while back).

The other options are that Punk goes over similarly to how John Cena beat Big Show at WrestleMania XX. Punk uses a foreign object, but it appears at least somewhat justified, due to the size advantage (and Striker at ringside). This is probably the best way to go.

The WWE could also have Colt Cabana and Ace Steel officially debut, and help Punk out. "The Second City Saints" getting their start in Second City would not be a bad move. If only ECW had tag team titles. I guess they could do a short stint on ECW, before Punk loses to Morrison, and then they jump over to SmackDown!. A Second City Saints vs. Hart Foundation 2.0 feud would be top shit. And while tag teams are thin, each division seems to be at sustaining itself on super teams, or a series of matches. ECW could get Cabana & Steel, call up The James Boys, Mike Mondo & Nick Nemeth, and then stick Elijah Burke & Kevin Thorn together when they need them. You'd have a division at least as strong as the World Tag Team or WWE Tag Team divisions currently are.

Destor
10-07-2007, 09:06 AM
There is no way Punk will defeat big Daddy V. Either this is going to DQ/No contest or we have a new champ. I lean toward the former but yeah.