PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Kurt Angle Arrested

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
The following is from http://www.wpxi.com/sports/14263911/detail.html

MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Wrestler and former Olympian Kurt Angle was arrested on a charge of drunk driving last Friday afternoon.

Moon Township police got a report of an erratic driver. The description of the car and the driver matched that of Angle.

Police went to Angle's home and they said he admitted to driving the car home from a local bar.

Officials said Angle failed a field sobriety test but refused a blood test. Angle is charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.

Angle won a gold medal in wrestling at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

Could he be anymore crazy these days?

Skippord
10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
lol

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I was expecting to see he'd been arrested on charges of killing his wife. So yes, he could be more crazy.

Nark Order
10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Went to his home? That's fucked up. He made it all the way without getting pulled over and thenthey went there anyway? That's fuckin blasphemous

Crossrine
10-03-2007, 08:01 PM
If anything he should just be given a slap on the hand. Or some new medal for not killing anyone on the way back. :roll:

JT
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Went to his home? That's fucked up. He made it all the way without getting pulled over and thenthey went there anyway? That's fuckin blasphemous

Hey, had a family member arrested once for drunk driving without being in a veichle. He was drunk in a public area and it takes a car to get there, so they assumed it and arrested him.

RP
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
THIS IS MADNESS!

THIS IS MOON TOWNSHIP, PA. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JT
10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Still doesn't mean it's messed up. He should just get a slap on the hand or a fine...arresting him is just bad publicity for TNA (like they need it right now).

KingofOldSchool
10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
He's drunk, he's DAMN drunk!

Bad Company
10-03-2007, 08:08 PM
he needs to drop the crazy gimmick and go back to funny kurt.

KingofOldSchool
10-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Still doesn't mean it's messed up. He should just get a slap on the hand or a fine...arresting him is just bad publicity for TNA (like they need it right now).

Yeah cause heaven forbid the cops actually do their job. It's not their fault TNA employs a dipshit.

KingofOldSchool
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
he needs to drop the crazy gimmick and go back to funny kurt.

Gimmick? :?: :-\

Dorkchop
10-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Angle is a fucking retard. Drunk drivers should get more than a "slap on the wrist".

starfox8500
10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
LKE A FREAKIN" BROKEN NECK?

YOUR Hero
10-03-2007, 08:25 PM
He still drove with a freakin' drunken neck.

Lock Jaw
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
This article is false. Kurt Angle drinks only milk.

And the occassional steroids.

BigDaddyCool
10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Damn you Lock Jaw, I was going to say something about milk.

Lock Jaw
10-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I WAS gonna say something about a drunken freakin' neck...

SammyG
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
He still drove with a freakin' drunken neck.

:lol:

Xero
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh Kurt! Why must you let down the millions of little Kurtagins by choosing alcohol over milk!? WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!

Lock Jaw
10-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I bet someone spiked his milk to sabotage him. ONLY LOGICAL EXPLANATION HERE.

Mr. Nerfect
10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Kurt was only drunk off not being crazy. Nothing insane here.

TNA should probably strip Angle of the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, and have the Reverse Battle Royal (Ew) turned into a Gauntlet for the Gold. Either that, or have Samoa Joe and Christian Cage compete for the vacant Championship.

Pepsi Man
10-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I really don't think TNA can afford to NOT have Kurt drop the title in the ring, if they can at all avoid it.

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-03-2007, 11:38 PM
The following is from TMZ.com:

Kurt Angle, the former WWE and current TNA wrestling star, was charged with DUI and careless driving after being pulled over on the afternoon of September 28.

Angle was arrested at his home in Moon Township, Penn. after a witness spotted a white Cadillac Escalade driving erratically after pulling out of a local bar. The registration of that vehicle led police to Angle's home, where cops say he admitted to driving the vehicle and that he had just left the bar in question.

Officers then say Angle showed "signs of intoxication," and they administered a field sobriety test, which he failed. Angle was then placed under arrest and taken to a local hospital where he refused to take a blood test.

No future hearing has been set.

Angle won an Olympic gold medal in freestyle wrestling in 1996. Calls to Angle's reps were not immediately returned.

Kane Knight
10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
He went willingly?

Dorkchop
10-04-2007, 12:22 AM
TNA should strip Angle of his championship. I know that's only going to hurt TNA, but come on.

thedamndest
10-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Surprised they didn't just refer to him as a "former WWE wrestler."

FourFifty
10-04-2007, 01:07 AM
It's because it wasn't Matt Boone reporting.

road doggy dogg
10-04-2007, 01:33 AM
Kurt Angle is awesome

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2007, 01:40 AM
It is pretty ridiculous that they didn't catch him in the act and he admitted to driving. Doesn't sound right.

SammyG
10-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Dude, it's one of the 3 I's. INTEGRITY.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Idiocracy

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2007, 01:44 AM
The 4th 'I'.

Blitz
10-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Don't you mean "Idiocy".

Mr. Nerfect
10-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Kurt Angle should get stripped of the TNA Title, and then have Jim Cornette make Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage the main event, with the TNA World Title on the line. Samoa Joe wins when Matt Morgan helps him out, and Christian Cage then feuds with Matt Morgan (blaming his first pinfall loss on Morgan).

Angle can remain on TNA programming, claiming that management is against him, because he is unbeatable. Sting can claim that he knows he is in Angle's head, and that feud can continue. Maybe even have Angle chase Jay Lethal for the X-Division Championship until this mess sorts itself out.

The Reverse Battle Royal should be changed to a regular old "Gauntlet for the Gold" to decide the #1 Contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. With Judas Mesias injured, Abyss (and Rhino, if you believe rumours) can be taken out of Monster's Ball, and inserted in here. Also have Sting participate. The other competitors can be Jeff Jarrett, Junior Fatu, Chris Harris, James Storm, Black Reign, Robert Roode, Eric Young, Kazarian, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Monty Brown and Lance Hoyt. It won't work out that way, but you have a solid mix of TNA stars, and some outside guys coming in with names, that can help pad the match, and make it look important. Scott Hall and Monty Brown and unlikely, but if Brown moved his family to Orlando, there would not be much travel involved. There are also rumours that Scott Hall is coming to TNA again, and while he's not as great as he used to be, he'd be entertaining in a team with Kevin Nash.

Give the win in that Gauntlet for the Gold to Monty Brown if he signs, if not, I've got no clue. Whoever can have the best match with Samoa Joe, I guess. It might be an unpopular decision, but Junior Fatu has been getting some good treatment by TNA recently, and if he signed a contract, a Joe vs. Fatu feud would not completely suck.

timby
10-04-2007, 03:33 AM
It is pretty ridiculous that they didn't catch him in the act and he admitted to driving. Doesn't sound right.

It's valid, actually. By admitting to driving the car, Angle forfeited his Fifth Amendment right to protection from self-incrimination. If he had shut his mouth and insisted that he hadn't been out and hadn't been driving, there'd have been no grounds for a citation, much less a court case: The field sobriety test was administered only because he admitted to driving, and it went downhill from there. Essentially, Angle told the cops that he was guilty of DUI, which was then verified from the FST.

If Angle had denied driving the car, there would have been next to no grounds for the officer administering a sobriety test.

Tommy Gunn
10-04-2007, 04:59 AM
This is what being in a backwater carny fed does to you, gives you too much free time to drive about like an asshole and get drunk.

This would have never happened on WWE's gruelling schedule. :)

Theo Dious
10-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Whoo, I work in Moon Township. I feel like a star now!

No, I'm still pathetic, but I feel good that my life was (sort of) endangered by Kurt Angle. :rofl:

Theo Dious
10-04-2007, 06:23 AM
It's valid, actually. By admitting to driving the car, Angle forfeited his Fifth Amendment right to protection from self-incrimination.

Exactly. The Fifth Amendment protects you from incriminating yourself, it doesn't protect you from the stupid things you CHOOSE to say.

The MAC
10-04-2007, 08:20 AM
KURTS NEW 3 I's :INTOXICATED - INEBRIATED - INFLUENCED

Gerard
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
He went willingly?

He german suplexed one officer then got the second in the ankle lock, the first guy no sold the suplex and cracked him in the back of the head with a nightstick. :lol:

Kane Knight
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Don't you mean "Idiocy".

No, he means the ruling class in America, the idiocracy.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2007, 09:57 AM
It's valid, actually. By admitting to driving the car, Angle forfeited his Fifth Amendment right to protection from self-incrimination. If he had shut his mouth and insisted that he hadn't been out and hadn't been driving, there'd have been no grounds for a citation, much less a court case: The field sobriety test was administered only because he admitted to driving, and it went downhill from there. Essentially, Angle told the cops that he was guilty of DUI, which was then verified from the FST.

If Angle had denied driving the car, there would have been next to no grounds for the officer administering a sobriety test.

That's what I'm saying. I can't believe he admitted to it.

Anybody Thrilla
10-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Don't you mean "Idiocy".

I mean what I say, bitch mouth.

RGWhat316
10-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Just found this from PWInsider.com

TNA champion Kurt Angle's DUI arrest this past Friday was picked up by other media outlets in the Pittsburgh area and by paparazzi website TMZ.com overnight. It's a pretty major story in Pittsburgh, where Angle is obviously well known for his Olympic and professional wrestling exploits.

According to local media reports, a white Cadillac Escalade nearly struck a woman's car as it drove out of the parking lot for "The Sea Shell" a restaurant in Moon Township, PA around 1 PM. The woman, who was not identified, claimed she needed to stop short in order to prevent her car from being hit by the Escalade, which then crossed the yellow median, allegedly almost hitting a traffic sign as well.

The woman wrote down the license plate of the car and called authorities, who tracked it to Kurt Angle's home. Angle's car and his physical description matched the report phoned into the police.

After Angle was unable to pass several field sobriety tests, he was placed under arrest. Additionally, when authorities arrived at Angle's home to interview him, Chief Leo McCarthy told Pittsburgh CBS affiliate KDKA that Angle, who was described as having "liquor on his breath" had "pills in his mouth when officers were interviewing him. Anti-inflammatory meds."

After being taken into custody, Angle was taken to Sewickley Valley Hospital for blood tests which he refused. That refusal will result in an automatic one year suspension of his driver's license. Angle will be facing charges of driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance and careless driving.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, it looks as if he's gonna need rides to work now. Just disappointing to see how he has gotten over the last year.

Corkscrewed
10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I bet someone spiked his milk to sabotage him. ONLY LOGICAL EXPLANATION HERE.

That's exactly what happened. My brother's friend's cousin's stepdad's co-worker's daughter's boyfriend was at the bar with him and noticed that when he ordered a glass of milk, the bartender gave him a White Russian.

Corkscrewed
10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Crazy thing is that he ordered 12 glasses of milk. Never noticed a thing.

Dark-Slicer Diago
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Here's a laugh on this topic

Last Friday Kurt Angle was arrested at his home in Moon Township, Pennsylvania for Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Controlled Substance and Careless Driving. Police received a call from a concerned motorist who witnessed the TNA Champion recklessly drive away from a bar, nearly hitting a car and a street sign. Police visited Angle's home and administered a field sobriety test, which he failed. Angle was taken to the hospital, where he refused to take a blood test and was then taken to the police station and booked.

Attorneys for Kurt Angle issued a statement this morning to TMZ.com saying that their client is innocent, was wrongly arrested and is a target due to his celebrity status. Here is that statement:

"Kurt Angle maintains his innocence relative to the charges brought by the police in this matter. The improper arrest occurred in the middle of the afternoon after Mr. Angle showed no signs of intoxication. The police have no blood alcohol content and not firsthand knowledge of his operation of his vehicle. We believe the motivation for this arrest is based upon Kurt Angle's celebrity status and we are confident that we will prevail when the truth becomes evident."

Stickman
10-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I really don't care about Kirk Angel anymore.

DAMN iNATOR
10-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Now he'll get to job to his shadow in Moon Township, PA.:'(

FourFifty
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I really don't care about Kirk Angel anymore.

I haven't cared since he left to TNA.

Tommy Gunn
10-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Kurt Angle was my favourite from 2001-2006, and I started watching TNA because of him. However, I had to give up my Kurt Angle obsession because I refuse to sit through TNA's 'product'.

Kane Knight
10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Angle in TNA is Angle Lite! Still better than 99% of wrestlers out there, but still not a patch on his former self.

IC Champion
10-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Kurt Angle was my favourite from 2001-2006, and I started watching TNA because of him. However, I had to give up my Kurt Angle obsession because I refuse to sit through TNA's 'product'.
And yet you're able to sit through Smackdown to see MVP?