PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, there's a lot of WWE Title threads going around

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2007, 12:29 AM
But let's just discuss, in a serious manner, who should be WWE Champion after No Mercy. Is putting the title on Chris Jericho immediately the best way to go? Should the WWE buy HBK a few houses and bribe him back, even though he is considering not returning at all? Then there are the oddball choices like Val Venis and Jeff Hardy, and the predictable ones like Triple H and Randy Orton.

Anyway, discuss.

thedamndest
10-05-2007, 12:31 AM
I imagine it will be Orton or Jericho to placate the marks.

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Everything leads me to believe the WWE is strongly leaning towards Randy Orton. They have those polls featured heavily around him. They just can't have Randy Orton become the Champion for no reason at all, though. He has to beat someone. It makes no sense bringing back Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels or even Ric Flair, just to job to Randy. It seems more like a job for a lower-level face.

Jeff Hardy is probably more likely, seeing as the WWE have an occasion hard-on for him, plus it's not unusual to see him get matches against main event opponents. It makes sense that he would job, too, seeing as he is IC Champion. Val Venis, as much flack as I will cop for it, is another candidate just to lose. He's not important enough that a loss will hurt him, and the WWE can use it to preview Cyber Sunday and not put the WWE Title on him.

I'm not sure if Randy Orton is the best choice, though, what with his name being a bit murky at the moment. A squeaky clean name, with credibility, is probably logically the best choice. Right now, the only person I can think of is Chris Jericho.

It really has to be Jericho for it to be a good move, in my opinion. As much as I'd cum seeing Val Venis win the WWE Title, and as harmless as that fairy tale would be at this point in the WWE, it's not going to make any money past the initial spike in interest that comes in a new Champion, and the WWE would have to write well for it to be accepted by some people, as it is a delicate scenario. That's not going to happen. It really has to be Jericho.

thedamndest
10-05-2007, 12:54 AM
I would love to see it be Jericho. But I don't want Randy Orton to get Batista'ed (lose to Jericho then keep challenging for the title some 27 times in a row). I'd rather they just put it on him, give him the run, then someone (maybe Jericho, maybe Jeff Hardy, I'd love to see a WMVI style champion v champion main event).

Dave Youell
10-05-2007, 03:30 AM
I’m pretty sure that Orton is going to go over whoever comes in, so in that scenario I hope it’s not Jericho, I’d rather go with Jeff, then at the end of the PPV, the vignette kicks in and Jericho is stood at entrance way in the Jesus stance.

addy2hotty
10-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Yep, the words 'Val' and 'Venis' have been in every Alienoid post since the poll went up on WWE.com.

Truth is, Orton is the only choice. He needs a decent challenger, as in Hardy (does he have a match set for Sunday?) who will push him to the edge (snort), and give him a decent feud for the next few weeks while Jericho establishes his return.

As I said before, don't announce who's to face Orton til the main event. Have him come down demanding the belt. Perhaps even push it that Orton is to be awarded the title by Regal who is more than happy with what happened on Raw due to what Cena did the other week. As he's about to hand over the title, have Lillian suddenly say '...and his opponent', Hardy's music hits - he gets the biggest pop he's ever had and you've got a sudden, if temporary main eventer.

Hardy takes him close, but Orton wins - clean. Perhaps include a ref bump followed by the Swanton in which there's no ref to count the three.

On Raw, Hardy confronts Orton after he says that 'he has no challengers'. Have him cost Hardy the IC title to Kennedy/Carlito- and then push for them two towards Survivor Series.

Tommy Gunn
10-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kennedy vs. Triple H, with Orton being the winner. That'd work for me in the short term.

Slow
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
The original plan seemed to me that Orton would win anyway, after Cena's "i will always get up" speech.

Hopefully they'll call for a big ol battle royal, and mark henry can win it

Innovator
10-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Yep, the words 'Val' and 'Venis' have been in every Alienoid post since the poll went up on WWE.com.
Well to be fair those two words are usually in every noider post

mrslackalack
10-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Id have a cinderella win the title to make things memorable or a suprise (like Flair, Val, Jeff Hardy) and then have Orton win the title the next night on RAW.

BigDaddyCool
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, have a fluke win the title, that makes since. Someone that doesn't even deserve it and the marks know it, but would be happy with none the less. Orton comes out pisses saying he demands his title shot, then prompty wins the title. That way Orton will look as a more credible champion than the other guy. Then Orton can lose it to HHH.

Kane Knight
10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Pretty much sounds like Orton or HHH will have it. If not at NM, shortly after.

You want some brilliant plan the WWE will never use? Forget it. The truth is, they're not going to think outside the box.

FourFifty
10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
The inernet fans clearly want Val Venis.

St. Jimmy
10-05-2007, 12:57 PM
http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/574/574548/triple-h-interview-20041220031935773-000.jpg
http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/thist/wwe/wrld-hhh05-1.jpg
http://www.usanetwork.com/sports/wwe/downloads/wallpapers/images/tripleh1024x768.jpg

Kane Knight
10-05-2007, 12:58 PM
That was gay. Jimmy, are you gay for Cancer?

Stickman
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Jericho should take it form Orton

St. Jimmy
10-05-2007, 01:11 PM
mmm. cancer.

Jura
10-05-2007, 01:49 PM
If you guys have a desktop resolution set at 1024x768 it says "Triple H The Cerebral Ass" in that pic.

Xero
10-05-2007, 01:54 PM
On mine (don't know what the browser's at, don't have it full screen) it says "Triple H The Cerebral Assass"...

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2007, 11:40 PM
On mine (don't know what the browser's at, don't have it full screen) it says "Triple H The Cerebral Assass"...

Triple H, Double Ass. :shifty:

I really don't think Randy Orton should be the WWE Champion. Will he, though? Probably. The guy is 'roided up, and not the best pick for a WWE Champion heading into the congress things. If he wins it, he should lose it to Chris Jericho at Cyber Sunday, which would give him like two or three weeks with the belt, which might be bearable.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Randy Orton vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy main event. Maybe throw in Val Venis, with the fans' vote getting him there. It doesn't look right, but what else can you do? The other option is a Battle Royal, which I am all for.

Randy Orton should not be the WWE Champion, though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Yeah, have a fluke win the title, that makes since. Someone that doesn't even deserve it and the marks know it, but would be happy with none the less. Orton comes out pisses saying he demands his title shot, then prompty wins the title. That way Orton will look as a more credible champion than the other guy. Then Orton can lose it to HHH.

Were you drunk when you wrote this BDC? I mean, sober your thoughts would still be the same, but they're a lot more unintelligible here.

Why would a fluke Champion be more undeserving than Randy Orton? The kid shits in bags, smashes up hotels, roids up and attempts suicide (if you believe reports). What constitutes "deserving" the WWE Title? There are a lot of guys on the undercard that are far more talented than the main eventers.

Mercury Bullet
10-06-2007, 01:05 AM
FYI - I AM drunk while I'm writing this and I'm sorry if it isn't clear...

I would give somebody a fluke 1-month run with the belt. Jeff Hardy comes to mind first, Val Venis second (because he won the online poll), and probably MVP third.

I wouldn't put the belt on Jericho ASAP. I would have Fluke Champ hold the belt from No Mercy until the next PPV at which time he would drop it to Orton. Three months later Orton drops the belt to Jericho.

Mercury Bullet
10-06-2007, 01:11 AM
You know what else I was thinking...

Boone said Scott Hall was taking Cena's place in the main event and I immediately rolled my eyes and posted a smart-ass reply to his post in the news forum. But you know what...I would MARK the fuck out if SCOTT HALL really was Orton's opponent. Orton should come out first and then a long period of nothing while Orton paces around in the ring...Regal comes out next with a mic and says, "Randy Orton, you may be a bad guy around here, but your opponent for tonight is the bad guy!" And then the NWO music hits and Hall comes strutting out of the back.

Honestly, that would probably not be great for the company but I would fucking love it. Love it even more if he won the fucking title.

Xero
10-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Then, in true WWE fashion, Hall wins, Hogan comes out, and Finger Poke of Doom 2.0 is upon us.

FourFifty
10-06-2007, 01:58 AM
They NEED to mention Val Venis when they mention the PPV!! Tens of thousands of fans (or a few dozen uber-fans) can't be wrong!

Fox
10-06-2007, 03:31 AM
Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kennedy vs. Triple H sounds like the best option to me, with Orton, unfortunately, walking out with the belt.

DAMN iNATOR
10-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Pretty much sounds like Orton or HHH will have it. If not at NM, shortly after.

You want some brilliant plan the WWE will never use? Forget it. The truth is, they're not going to think outside the box.

I'm surprised that any of the writing/creative team, or any of The McMahon's know what thinking IS, let alone thinking outside the box...

I’m guessing the only creative/writing "team" WWE has right now is this man:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Eugene.jpg/200px-Eugene.jpg

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I'm surprised that any of the writing/creative team, or any of The McMahon's know what thinking IS, let alone thinking outside the box...

I’m guessing the only creative/writing "team" WWE has right now is this man:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/Eugene.jpg/200px-Eugene.jpg

So that's why he was fired. It was onscreen.

JT
10-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll just repeat what someone said earlier; the WWE back themselves into a corner by waiting so long to get the belt off of Cena. They had their chance in August at Summerslam, but they screwed up. They had another chance at the last PPV as well, but they screwed that up too. Now they have really nothing.

If they just throw Orton in against a random opponent, it's going to suck and the WWE Championship will lose more credibility. Also, I happen to be as big of a Jericho mark as there can be, but giving him the title back in...well the man has 3 years of ring rust and might not be ready to come back in as the #1 guy.

Maybe the best option (since it appears these assholes have left alot of people off this lackluster card called a PPV), is to hold a Battle Royal match at some point in the show, and later in the night the BR winner will face Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.Winner could be Hardy, Carlito (since he seem to be making a face turn, or as a long shot; Steve Austin just to help place Orton over. However, this is just my opinion.

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Bobcore Holly for Champ!

IC Champion
10-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Bobcore Holly for Champ!
BDC?

Tommy Gunn
10-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Considering there's only 6 announced matches, I strongly believe we'll get a two semi final matches at the start of the show and a WWE Championship Finals at the end. That'd be good value for money and better than a simple Fatal Fourway.

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 05:49 PM
BDC?Do you see "Boogen" written anywhere in that post?

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kennedy vs. Triple H sounds like the best option to me, with Orton, unfortunately, walking out with the belt.

Some kind of Fatal Fourway like this does seem to make sense. I'd replace Triple H with Val Venis, though. Fuck Hunter.

The show can open with Vince McMahon calling out John Cena to hand over the Championship, and then Randy Orton coming out to be presented with it. Mr. Kennedy then interrupts, and says that he was the man John Cena initially injured himself against, as Mr. Kennedy took too much out of John Cena, and Randy Orton just capitalised. Kennedy wants to be WWE Champion as well. Jeff Hardy then comes out and says that he's the Intercontinental Champion, and traditionally, the Intercontinental Champion is called upon to step up if there is no clear-cut contender out there. Val Venis then comes out, and says that he was the people's choice, and has the poll to prove it. He also has the pole to prove he's the ladies' choice...*Val Venis chuckle*. Vince McMahon says they are the Superstars with the best cases, and tonight it will be a Fatal Fourway Elimination Match.

Actually, throw in Vince's "favourites" (in kayfabe terms), as a reward for being Vince's boys. Carlito has been working hard for Vinnie Mac, and Vince owes him two wins over Triple H. Elijah Burke is also doing nothing for the show, and really should be the guy challenging CM Punk for the ECW Championship, in my opinion. Randy Orton vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Val Venis vs. Carlito vs. Elijah Burke in a Six-Way Elimination Match for the vacant WWE Championship. Got no chance of happening, but meh.

thedamndest
10-07-2007, 01:57 AM
How about a 6-pack challenge match with STONE COLD as the ref?

[/1999]

Fox
10-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Yes. Either way; no Jericho. I don't think his return should be rushed this way, as a back-up plan to Cena's injury. It's not that I wouldn't like to see Jericho with the WWE Championship, it's just that I don't want to see it happen like this.

With Kennedy, Orton, Jeff Hardy, Undertaker, Kane, and MVP (to a lesser extent) being left off the card, I could see it being a combination of any of these men.

And Val Venis will hopefully cut a promo tomorrow night, thanking us fans for being behind him. He'll then shoot on live PPV about how the writers of WWE are idiots, and be released the next day.

He will then win the TNA Championship; the week before they're moved back to 1-hour.

Fox
10-07-2007, 02:00 AM
How about a 6-pack challenge match with STONE COLD as the ref?

[/1999]

How about a two round, 6-man tournament, ending in a Triple Threat match for the Title in the main event?

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 02:16 AM
I said it in another thread, but even though Val Venis will not get the nod, he should at least thank the fans, and be given a small face push. The plan was probably to have Val Venis job to Santino Marella on RAW (or for his beat-down to be completely forgotten), but I hope it has now been amended to Val Venis going over Santino, and then getting a push to the IC Title, or something.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 02:56 AM
I just got the same feeling I got when the idea that Hornswoggle could be Vince McMahon's illegitimate son when the phrase "Things are looking up" was spoken. Honestly, what do you think the chances are that the WWE will have a Battle Royal, and then at the end of the match, the one man standing in the ring will hold the WWE Championship belt, and a microphone, and just utter "DAMN!"?

addy2hotty
10-07-2007, 05:27 AM
I just got the same feeling I got when the idea that Hornswoggle could be Vince McMahon's illegitimate son when the phrase "Things are looking up" was spoken. Honestly, what do you think the chances are that the WWE will have a Battle Royal, and then at the end of the match, the one man standing in the ring will hold the WWE Championship belt, and a microphone, and just utter "DAMN!"?

*MARKS OUT*

JBL vs DAMN for the title at Survivor Series!

JBL - Sorry Ron, but I AM A WRESTLING GODDDDDD!

Ron - DAMN!

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 06:17 AM
*MARKS OUT*

JBL vs DAMN for the title at Survivor Series!

JBL - Sorry Ron, but I AM A WRESTLING GODDDDDD!

Ron - DAMN!

JBL recently acted like he was scared of Ron Simmons when Michael Cole brought it up, so it wouldn't completely shock me if Ron Simmons was made WWE Champion. JBL seems to be getting more involved in storylines over on SmackDown!. I could see them maybe trade Ron Simmons and Batista after No Mercy, and have JBL feud with Ron Simmons, while he unofficially manages Finlay and maybe even Chavo Guerrero, while Rey Mysterio steps up as an anti-JBL babyface.

Mooияakeя™
10-07-2007, 08:12 AM
I think Orton will take it and he'd "take out a-la Cena" whoever he fights after beating them... thus "SAVE_US" appears....

Rather than start a thread, what belt u reckon they're going to use? A custom one? A new one completely? Or an old one?

What was the last ones before the Rated R / Cena spinners?

Tommy Gunn
10-07-2007, 08:23 AM
The fact that MVP & Matt vs. BOD isn't on the PPV strongly implies that at least one of these men might be in the WWE Title Match.

Just me two cents...

addy2hotty
10-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I think Orton will take it and he'd "take out a-la Cena" whoever he fights after beating them... thus "SAVE_US" appears....

Rather than start a thread, what belt u reckon they're going to use? A custom one? A new one completely? Or an old one?

They'll use the spinner belt and it'll be a custom spinny bit like with Edge.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 10:20 AM
The fact that MVP & Matt vs. BOD isn't on the PPV strongly implies that at least one of these men might be in the WWE Title Match.

Just me two cents...

That's what I'm thinking, too. That's quite unfortunate, although the first thought I had when I saw that John Cena had vacated the title, was that Kane should win the Battle Royal and become the new WWE Champion. You just know they're thinking Undertaker, though.

Given his positioning on the POWER 25, and that he's the better Hardy (in my opinion), Matt Hardy is a good candidate. But as I said in another thread (or maybe it was this one), the best way to make Matt Hardy the WWE Champion, would be to have him duck out of the WWE Tag Team Championship match, and have The Undertaker & Kane decimate MVP, and Hardy beats Randy Orton later, then MVP gets all pissy, and they build to an interpromotional match between the two.

MVP would not be a poor choice for WWE Champion, although some people might feel like it is way too early. I'd take him over Undertaker, though.

I do agree that the pulling of the WWE Tag Team Title match is indicative of a Battle Royal, or something.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 10:23 AM

The belt used before the spinners was the "Undisputed Championship" incarnation of the title. I don't think they'll bring that back, for some reason.

I think they'll just stick to the spinner, unfortunately. Why we need it is beyond me. Besides, we've had that belt since about 2005, haven't we? That's two years with a gimmicky belt. I think we can safely change it. I'd much rather they had William Regal dispose of the spinner, and present a new belt to the Champion.

Mooияakeя™
10-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Word up alienoid. it would be nice. Now is the perfect time. They could be crowned on RAW and if the SAVE US thing was there... well, it could be one of the best RAW's for a while.

They need to capitalise now. Specially now that there's a change without Cena.

Kane Knight
10-07-2007, 02:34 PM
This really would be a great time to redefine the title belt. Give it a modern edge without being a wigger title.

The spinner belt worked for Cena when he was a freestyling thug. When he became a Marine, it looked gay. Well, gayer than wiggers in general. It's looked dumb for over a year now, or at least, dumber than before.

You put that title on just about ANYONE and it will be horrible. IT worked with RVD, because he was really the ECW Champ anyway, and a stoner with something shiny and mobile is hilarious. It worked with Edge, because anyone with a clue knew Edge would have it for three weeks and job back, and it was supposed to be an Eff U to Cena.

Someone who might hold it for half a year or more before Cena comes back should not hold on to the spinner.