PDA

View Full Version : QWuantum leap in 04?

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 02:11 PM
I was talking to confused about this last night, and did a search...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0383588/

Twenty years after the original series left Dr. Sam Beckett "leaping" into the great unknown, Sam is finally reunited with Al, his old mentor and "partner in time." But when circumstances beyond their control send Sam away once more, Al must recruit his lost friend's daughter to pick up where her father left off and hopefully help find Sam again in the process.

Hmmmm...

IMDB's hardly the most reliable source, but it's got me wondering..

Anyone got any actual news?

Boondock Saint
03-03-2004, 03:45 PM
I remember one of the producers or somebody discussing bringing the show back with a female lead. But I read it years ago. I'll see if I can try to find it.

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 03:47 PM
It's an interesting prospect, but also an iffy one. You know how remakes tend to go...:|

Boondock Saint
03-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Word. I wish the show just would have continued. But then again...I think it ended on a high note. Leaping into Elvis, Lee Harvey Oswald, Marilyn Monroe's chauffer (sp?), "Bigfoot", and the Civil War were stretches. But they worked, IMO. The Lee Harvey Oswald episode(s) is one of, if not my favorite.

The Mackem
03-03-2004, 03:49 PM
He ended up captaining the Enterprise.

There I've just saved us all a pointless series.

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Word. I wish the show just would have continued. But then again...I think it ended on a high note. Leaping into Elvis, Lee Harvey Oswald, Marilyn Monroe's chauffer (sp?), "Bigfoot", and the Civil War were stretches. But they worked, IMO. The Lee Harvey Oswald episode(s) is one of, if not my favorite.

Some of those were really cool eps, too.

I liked a couple of the stretch eps, where he leaped where he shouldn't be...

The Civil War, where he leaped into a relative, the "simu-leap" he did where he and Al switched places, Leaping into "himself" at the very time of his birth...And the Oswald Eps, they were cool on so many different levels. I liked the ending of that one, where Al reveals that Kennedy's wife didn't survive in the original timeline.

If they had left it more ambiguous in the end, they could easily just pick up the series.

Boondock Saint
03-03-2004, 04:18 PM
And the evil leaper ones were interesting. I liked when he leaped into the kid with Downs Syndrome twice.

Boondock Saint
03-03-2004, 04:19 PM
But....the monkey was a tad of a stretch.

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 05:17 PM
And the evil leaper ones were interesting. I liked when he leaped into the retarded kid twice.

Oh, the one with the devil was also cool.

I loved it when "al" went "baaaaaaa"

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah, the kid with Downs Syndrome was also kinda interesting...

The Mackem
03-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Wasn't he Elvis once before Elvis was famous.

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Wasn't he Elvis once before Elvis was famous.

He was Elvis as Elvis was trying to make it bigtime.

Arashi Kage
03-03-2004, 05:27 PM
A new show..... :shifty:

I don't know about that. If Al's a regular character, ok, not bad. But without Dr. Sam Beckett it just wouldn't be the same.

Well, with Enterprise in danger of cancellation, who knows. The question is whether Bellisario and Bakula wish to revisit this great show. Would a show like that really suceed in this era of trash tv and reality shows?????

Kane Knight
03-03-2004, 06:05 PM
They could make it a reality TV show.

Each episode, Sam leaps into another network's program, in an attempt to prevent the "wrong" people from winning...

YOUR Hero
03-04-2004, 09:47 PM
I'd watch it.

Kane Knight
03-04-2004, 09:50 PM
I'd watch it.

I'd give it a shot, at the very least.

Seyda
03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
I'd watch it.

Ditto

ColdwaVer
03-04-2004, 11:19 PM
They could make it a reality TV show.

Each episode, Sam leaps into another network's program, in an attempt to prevent the "wrong" people from winning...

"Wait a minute JR... I thought Benoit was supposed to lose this match, why on earth did Hebner just call for the bell...?"
"Mah gawd! HHH just jobbed at Wrestlemania XX!!!"

*cue leap sound*

Kane Knight
03-04-2004, 11:45 PM
That was just AWESOME.