PDA

View Full Version : Sell me TNA

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Thats right. I've watched a full show of TNA about 4 times, if that. And when I come on here, I hear the same negatives that I hear about WWE. Storylines aren't any good, there isn't any consistency, there are too many spot monkeys etc.

So some one sell me TNA, tell me its good points. What are the reasons I should pay attention to them as opposed to WWE?

Also, I checked out the website. Apparently Raven has a new stable, The Serotonin? Is it the same deal as the flock? And who is in it this time?

IC Champion
10-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Not even the man who sold Gigli to Columbia Pictures could pull that one off.

Kane Knight
10-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Did you like WCW>

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I watched Nitro in 97/98. But Didn't watch it after that. Which era of WCW does it resemble?

thecc
10-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I watched Nitro in 97/98. But Didn't watch it after that. Which era of WCW does it resemble?The Russo era.

IC Champion
10-05-2007, 08:28 PM
The Russo era.
Ahh, Russo didnt go to WCW until the end of 98, at which point it was already a sinking ship.

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-05-2007, 08:33 PM
So nothing worthwhile in TNA?

Lock Jaw
10-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Christian Cage

IC Champion
10-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Christian Cage

Crossrine
10-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Christian Cage is by far the best thing that has happend to TNA.

Kane Knight
10-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Christian Cage

And that's about it.

Xero
10-05-2007, 09:08 PM
They sometimes pull off decent, and sometimes excellent matches. But for every good match you get 50 Russo angles and Sharkboy joke matches.

Xero
10-05-2007, 09:11 PM
If you haven't noticed, I despise Sharkboy and any other gimmick like it where they rely on ass biting, comedic handshakes and "HOW'D HE DO DAT!?" spots.

Crossrine
10-05-2007, 09:15 PM
You might also hate him more for suing the kids movie "SharkBoy and Lava Girl" for using the name Shark Boy. Actually taking it to court, suing for a couple million dollars, and the movie never even did well. It got horrible reviews, literally the crappiest crap in craptown. Yet he still thought it was stealing his "gimmick". lol

Xero
10-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey, I don't care about that. As far as I'm concerned, if he DID own the trademark he had the right to, and should have sued.

Crossrine
10-05-2007, 09:21 PM
But its still kind of funny how seriously he takes his gimmick. Plus maybe if it was worth suing for, or fuck maybe if anyone knew who the hell you were?

Kane Knight
10-05-2007, 09:23 PM
You might also hate him more for suing the kids movie "SharkBoy and Lava Girl" for using the name Shark Boy. Actually taking it to court, suing for a couple million dollars, and the movie never even did well. It got horrible reviews, literally the crappiest crap in craptown. Yet he still thought it was stealing his "gimmick". lol

Dude. Would you want your name attached to that PoS?

Crossrine
10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
:-\ Good point..

Kane Knight
10-05-2007, 09:51 PM
I'd sue them for every last cent in hopes that it never saw the light of day.

FourFifty
10-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Sell you TNA.....

10 bucks, and a diet pepsi!

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Sell you TNA.....

Deal. I've been looking to get rid of that diet pepsi for a while now anywho....

FourFifty
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
As the new onwner of TNA, the next PPV's main event will be Kurt Angle vs Vince Russo, in a shoot fight.

Crossrine
10-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Can you force Raven to become his former ECW self?

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Wait, didn't you just sell me TNA? Get off my main event, so I can book the same thing and take credit for it.

Crossrine
10-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Just someone take charge already! The diet soda is going to go flat..

BigDaddyCool
10-05-2007, 10:32 PM
It is still techincally wrestler and it has 2 hours of cable tv every week.

Dorkchop
10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Sell you TNA.....

HOLY CRAP! TNA is finally going to make some profit. Granted it's $10.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Kurt Angle - Sexual Predator of teenagers

Nark Order
10-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Honestly TNA is nearly half as bad as people make it out to be, especially on these boards. It has probelms, no doubt... but they aren't the anti-christ of professional wrestling. The one thing I keep seeing as a downside to TNA is that they try so hard to be new and innovative that they often lose sight of what professional wrestling is actually supposed to be. You can only see so many new "Monster's Ball", "Ultimate X", "Raven's playhouse", "Electric cage", "20 foot scaffold", and "Last Rights" matches inside of a non-traditional 6-sided ring before you just want to see something that isn't new but has been proven to work. Every once in awhile just a wrestling match is what people want to see and TNA rarely delivers that. And 70% of the time when they do deliver it, it is ruined by a run in of some sort. They just have too many ideas for too many people. They just really need to calm down, take a look at their current situation, and pick a few angles/gimmicks they want to run with instead of trying to throw 90 of them into a one hour show.

Other than some of the things I just stated, the actual performers I beleive have the potential to sell if they are marketed right. That just remains to be seen.

Skippord
10-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Motor City Machine Guns

worth it alone

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Honestly TNA is nearly half as bad as people make it out to be, especially on these boards. It has probelms, no doubt... but they aren't the anti-christ of professional wrestling. The one thing I keep seeing as a downside to TNA is that they try so hard to be new and innovative that they often lose sight of what professional wrestling is actually supposed to be. You can only see so many new "Monster's Ball", "Ultimate X", "Raven's playhouse", "Electric cage", "20 foot scaffold", and "Last Rights" matches inside of a non-traditional 6-sided ring before you just want to see something that isn't new but has been proven to work. Every once in awhile just a wrestling match is what people want to see and TNA rarely delivers that. And 70% of the time when they do deliver it, it is ruined by a run in of some sort. They just have too many ideas for too many people. They just really need to calm down, take a look at their current situation, and pick a few angles/gimmicks they want to run with instead of trying to throw 90 of them into a one hour show.

Other than some of the things I just stated, the actual performers I beleive have the potential to sell if they are marketed right. That just remains to be seen.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen anyone make TNA out to be the Antichrist.

The One
10-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Sell me TNA

And over here sir, you'll notice another one of our promotions. Now this one may have the engine of a 2001 WCW, but make no mistake about it, it comes with a third of those annoying fans that fallowed WCW. Plus we've painted over the "traditional" and given it a new look. If you get down here and check out the ring, it's not one of those simply 4 sided things, we cranked this pupy up a notch and gave it two more sides. Not really needed, but it certainly makes it stand out some. And over here, were ring psychology is normally used, we tossed that out and threw in spot after spot. REALLY good when you're looking to pick up some idiots. And our final change we made, if you look in here, most promotions have feuds that hold 2 people, sometimes 3....well not this baby! We've got so many people involved with feuds, not only can we not fit them all into hour time slot, but half the time by the end we can't even remember who was supposed to be feuding with who in the first place. We're big believers in the more the merrier. So, what do I have to do to sell this promotion to you today?

The One
10-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Having mocked it, I might as well take this time to confess, TNA is at least better than SmackDown last time I checked.

BigDaddyCool
10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
No, Smackdown > TNA because of JBL.

Skippord
10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Don West > JBL

WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE ON BRIGHT MICHAEL

BigDaddyCool
10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Skippord, we are now mortal enemies.

Skippord
10-06-2007, 10:02 PM
lol

The One
10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Don West = One of the worst things to ever happen to wrestling.

JBL = The best man behind the booth working today.

Skippord = Dumb crackhead.

Kane Knight
10-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Skippord actually just lowered himself below SammyG and br0ken.

Skippord
10-06-2007, 11:33 PM
haha

Skippord
10-06-2007, 11:34 PM
I hate JBL and I dont even believe that

Kane Knight
10-07-2007, 12:06 AM
On a note unrelated to Skippord's e-suicide, wrestling really should sell itself. The product should speak for itself without the need for an outside pitch.

Watch an episode of TNA. Mostly, they're about even in quality, so it's hard to be thrown by an exceptionally bad night or mislead by an exceptionally good night. If you enjoy it, you'll probably enjoy everything.

Also, Skippord is a dirty nigger-faced jew.

Skippord
10-07-2007, 12:09 AM
would that make me a quarter black jew?

IC Champion
10-07-2007, 12:21 AM
"E-Suicide"

LOL

The One
10-07-2007, 12:22 AM
"Skippord"

LOL

Fox
10-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Good things about TNA:

-Kurt Angle

-Christian Cage

-Samoa Joe matches, which are often brutal, and often end with the MuscleBuster, which is quite sick.

-Guys who know how to have a great brawl, like: Rhino, Raven, Abyss, Chris Harris, James Storm, Black Reign, and the Steiners.

-Christopher Daniels always delivers.

-Great high flyers, like: AJ Styles, Senshi, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, and Sonjay Dutt, who consistently put on good matches.

-The comedy stylings of Kevin Nash.

-Sting. An icon.

-Did I mention Kurt Angle?

Bad things about TNA:

-Bob fucking piece of shit Backlund. Get the fuck off my TV!

-Poorly conceived, often drawn out storylines. The new 2-hour version will hopefully fix this dramatically.

-The Voodoo Kin Mafia. Not so cool anymore.

-Team 3D. I'm sorry to say, but they've really run their course.

-The terrible grip on the World Title scene of Jeff Jarrett.... his wife died. He's in a grieving period right now and isn't wrestling. But he will be back.

Xerzes
10-07-2007, 05:37 AM
I watch it and I can't sell it to anyone. There are good and bad points. I'm mostly just sad that Dustin Rhodes looks like a gay La Parka if I was high.

Skippord
10-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Speaking of which TNA should hire La Parka

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 06:25 AM
TNA would be great if they went back to being an independent federation with a national TV and PPV deal. With some big wrestling names being attached to the promotion (Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, Sting and Kevin Nash), and some of the best independent acts around, they could be fucking great. Unfortunately, that's not what we have.