PDA

View Full Version : Marion Jones Guilty

Downunder
10-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Cheating lying cunt.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-jones6oct06,1,7441441.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-olympics

Olympic track champion makes the admission in federal court in New York state. IOC official says the development will 'accelerate' its investigation, which could lead to her being stripped of medals.
By Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
3:08 PM PDT, October 5, 2007
Former Olympic track and field superstar Marion Jones pleaded guilty today to federal criminal charges that she lied to investigators about her illegal steroid use before her five-medal performance at the 2000 Summer Games in Sydney.

The admission, made in U.S. District Court in White Plains, N.Y., follows years of Jones' impassioned denials of performance-enhancing drug use and maintains clouds of doubt over sports' greatest accomplishments in this steroid era. The 31-year-old sprinter and long jumper faces sentencing later this year for making false statements.

She has told friends and family members that she expects to receive a six-month jail sentence, and outside court today said she was "retiring from the sport of track and field, a sport which I deeply love."

"It is with a great amount of shame that I say I have betrayed your trust," Jones said. "I have let my country down."

---------------------

Click the link to read the whole article.

DAMN iNATOR
10-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Cheating lying cunt.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-jones6oct06,1,7441441.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-olympics

Olympic track champion makes the admission in federal court in New York state. IOC official says the development will 'accelerate' its investigation, which could lead to her being stripped of medals.
By Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
3:08 PM PDT, October 5, 2007
Former Olympic track and field superstar Marion Jones pleaded guilty today to federal criminal charges that she lied to investigators about her illegal steroid use before her five-medal performance at the 2000 Summer Games in Sydney.

The admission, made in U.S. District Court in White Plains, N.Y., follows years of Jones' impassioned denials of performance-enhancing drug use and maintains clouds of doubt over sports' greatest accomplishments in this steroid era. The 31-year-old sprinter and long jumper faces sentencing later this year for making false statements.

She has told friends and family members that she expects to receive a six-month jail sentence, and outside court today said she was "retiring from the sport of track and field, a sport which I deeply love."

"It is with a great amount of shame that I say I have betrayed your trust," Jones said. "I have let my country down."

---------------------

Click the link to read the whole article.

Funny how the partial article doesn't even mention that the substance has a name, "The Clear", due to it's not being able to have been picked up by banned-substance tests until VERY recently.

Rob
10-06-2007, 01:06 PM
More of a shame that the record books are tainted with drug records. It might be 50 years before someone beats Flo Jo's records.

Jones deserves jail though. Dirty cunt.

mrslackalack
10-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Shame on you Marion

Stickman
10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
More of a shame that the record books are tainted with drug records. It might be 50 years before someone beats Flo Jo's records.

Jones deserves jail though. Dirty cunt.

Why does she deserve jail? Why not throw everybody who's taken a drug in jail?

YOUR Hero
10-09-2007, 08:24 PM
She'd go to jail for lying to the grand jury or whatever, not for the actual taking of the drugs.

YOUR Hero
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
When she was talking, she was "I want", "I want"... didn't strike me as contrite or humbled.

Mr Regal
10-10-2007, 06:06 AM
She doesn't deserve jail, that's ridculous.

Stripping her of her medals and shaming her is punishment enough. What about earnings aswell...won't she be required to pay it back?

Dave Youell
10-11-2007, 08:08 AM

You're right, PREPARE THE GAS CHAMBER!

DrA
10-12-2007, 03:53 AM

Stripping her of her medals and shaming her is punishment enough. What about earnings aswell...won't she be required to pay it back?

She's already broke. I read somewhere that she only has like $2,000 left in her bank account.

Dave Youell
10-12-2007, 04:08 AM
She's already broke. I read somewhere that she only has like $2,000 left in her bank account.
So what? I'd LOVE to have that much cash in my bank account! So would my bank manager for that fact

Some folks just don't realize how lucky they are........

YOUR Hero
10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
She lied to a grand jury. I repeat.

That is why she'd go to jail.

Rob
10-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Why does she deserve jail? Why not throw everybody who's taken a drug in jail?

Why not? It's illegal isn't it?

Stickman
10-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Why not? It's illegal isn't it?

I got no problem throwing all crackheads in jail but sometimes it seems like if athletes are caught doing something illegal the public thinks they should have the book thrown at them which is rediculous.

But in this case as mr hero said it's for lying not the steriods.

Downunder
10-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Stickman, when Athletes cheat by taking drugs, the can earn millions of dollars off their acheivments, and take the ability of other athletes who don't cheat to earn the same sort of money.

It's fraud and stealing - you want to throw a junkie in jail for having a drug problem (a problem that is a health issue, not a law and order issue) - great lock them all up, but the amount of money a junkie gets from a bag snatch or a burglery isn't going to be close to the huge amounts of money that athlete athletes have thrown at then through endorsments, prize money etc.

Drugs in the community is largely a heath issue, drugs in sport is purely for financial gain.

Rob
10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
I got no problem throwing all crackheads in jail but sometimes it seems like if athletes are caught doing something illegal the public thinks they should have the book thrown at them which is rediculous.

They should have the book thrown at them purely because using performance enhancing drugs is fraud is my book. You are conning the paying public, the sponsors and the other clean athletes out of money.