PDA

View Full Version : No Mercy

Splaya
10-07-2007, 11:36 PM
What happened, did the forums crash?

Mercury Bullet
10-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I believe that they did, I have been trying to get on for quite some time...

Kane Knight
10-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Jericho won the title!

SammyG
10-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah I guess. NO JERICHO, FUCK. I tried posting a sopcast link for u guys, wouldnt let me.

Xero
10-07-2007, 11:47 PM
http://img167.exs.cx/img167/6033/splaya6qs.gif

SammyG
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
That Last man standing match was unbelievably good.

Xero
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
They really missed an opening for Jericho. I was fully expecting him to interrupt the main event and knock them both out, setting up a three way for Cyber Sunday.

The LMS match, while pretty overbooked, was pretty great. The fact that they both had multiple matches and still put on a great 20 minute match at the end after about 15 for Orton and 30 for Hunter (combined) made it pretty impressive.

SammyG
10-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Same here. Remember when Orton threw that chair down, by the entrance ramp? Well, after the RKO on the announce table, and Trips bleeding, the camera was focused solely on him, while Orton was in the ring. I heard the crowd pop a bit, and I thought Jericho was gonna run down to the ring, pick up that chair and lay Orton out, as the ref wasn't looking. Pretty dissapointed he wasnt there, actually I was really pissed. Cyber Sunday I guess.

Xero
10-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Same here. Remember when Orton threw that chair down, by the entrance ramp? Well, after the RKO on the announce table, and Trips bleeding, the camera was focused solely on him, while Orton was in the ring. I heard the crowd pop a bit, and I thought Jericho was gonna run down to the ring, pick up that chair and lay Orton out, as the ref wasn't looking. Pretty dissapointed he wasnt there, actually I was really pissed. Cyber Sunday I guess.
I thought the exact same thing. I figured that the chair was placed there for the setup. And I did notice that pop and did think, in the back of my head, that it was Jericho.

Though I would have booked it with one of them down, then at the nine count the lights go out, since whenever they go out nothing counts. Long pause, Save_us.222 video, pause, pyro, Jericho standing at the top of the ramp. Maybe just say "I've come to save the WWE!" and run down and knock them both out.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 11:56 PM
The opening segment with Vince McMahon awarding Randy Orton the WWE Championship was pretty shit. It was really shit, in fact. The best part of it was William Regal's reaction to Vince McMahon allowing Triple H to challenge Randy Orton. This segment made no sense, and I don't see how Vince McMahon cock blocking Triple H is a sign that he's scared. The Vince McMahon character should have been more restrained, and just gone with his original plan of Triple H vs. Umaga, and maybe thrown Carlito at Triple H later that night. It would have made more sense, but alas. This is the idiot age for the WWE.

Triple H defeating Randy Orton for the WWE Championship within half-an-hour of Randy winning it was not great, but not horrible. Randy Orton doesn't excite me as WWE Champion, and he doesn't really need the credibility of a long reign. Triple H as WWE Champion does not excite me either, and they focused way too long on his celebration.

Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Mr. Kennedy, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch was a great idea for a match. The tag team guys got over because they were associating with bigger names in Hardy and Kennedy, plus the match was a lot of fun and really well put together. Paul London & Brian Kendrick are really the most captivating performers the WWE has at the moment. Mr. Kennedy getting the win should lead to an Intercontinental Title shot for Kennedy. If the WWE were smart, they'd put the belt on Kennedy. At first I was not big on a Kennedy title reign, but after tonight, it just feels right. The WWE needs to get people caring about all their divisions, and Mr. Kennedy as an IC Champion would help with that.

The ECW Championship match was a waste of time. CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke with some actual wrestling would have been so much better. The fans would have been into it as Punk is from Chicago, too. It could have really kicked off their program into levels where people notice it. Then you can add John Morrison into the mix, and get a Triple Threat going for Cyber Sunday, with the fans voting on just which kind of Triple Threat. The WWE completely aborted this, and it makes me wonder why they went with it in the first place. Matt Striker attacking CM Punk did not really make sense. Striker tried to save it, but when Joey Styles and Tazz can't come up with a reason (even a bad one) as to why Striker attacked Punk, and cost Big Daddy V the title, you've got some shitty booking on your hands. As I was saying, Striker tried to save it on the stage, by telling Big Daddy V "look what you did to him," as if to suggest that BDV has some confidence issues, and doesn't know if he is ready to be the ECW Champion, and Striker wanted to show BDV that he could hurt Punk, but still. They really should have gone with Punk vs. Burke, and kept building up Big Daddy V as a challenger.

Believe it or not, as much as I usually hate wasteful segments such as these, I really liked the pizza eating contest between Matt Hardy and MVP. Maria was looking yummy, Melina was not looking too bad, and Matt Hardy and MVP's almost child-like arguments were making me laugh. It was just fun, and it worked really well. MVP made me smile with his heel antics, Matt Hardy actually worked the mic really well (this program is helping him out a lot), and it needs to be mentioned again how yummy Maria is. My only pickle with this match is that when Maria came out, I thought of Santino Marella, and how awesome he would have been as a guest commentator for a pizza eating contest. This would have been ideal for Nunzio, too. I love Michael Cole and JBL, but I would have loved for Santino Marella and Nunzio to have done the analysis for this contest. Also, Matt Hardy's smirk at the end of the contest with pizza all over his face was great.

Triple H vs. Umaga didn't capture my interest. Hunter the Barburrier (as I've heard him referred to) bores the shit out of me, and I knew his match with Umaga would not be as great as people were expecting. Umaga needs to work somewhat stiff to really get the full effect of his matches across, and Triple H isn't the type of guy to let a guy he's going to bury work snug with him. It was solid stuff, just nothing really good. The ending was designed to hurt Umaga, I think, with the delayed pin, and the cover without much weight. I would have preferred to have seen Triple H hit a Pedigree, and Umaga kick out of the light pin, only for Triple H to then hit two Pedigrees in a row on Umaga to ensure he stays down. Ah well, not to be.

Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio was going great. I knew the match would be good, but they always manage to surprise me, as I'm not really "into" either guy as much as everyone else seems to be (well, Mysterio has a lot of detractors, but still). I know it's going to be good, but I don't expect to care, and then I do end up caring. The Drop of the Dime on Finlay, with the injury angle was great. The fans bought into it (even though it was made pretty apparent Finlay was faking...they really shouldn't have added the bit where he opened his eyes), and when Finlay attacked Rey, it added a lot of heat to him. The fans were then not only pro-Rey Mysterio, but anti-Finlay. What we should have got then was a heel dominated match, with Mysterio then making the babyface comeback for the heroic win. What did we get? A non-finish. I don't think we even heard the bell ring. That was pretty shitty, as there was a lot of promise. This didn't end up bad, this just could have been great, and the WWE held back.

Haha, the day after I comment on how awesome Beth Phoenix's music for a generic theme is, she changes her music to something quite shitty. I guess the psychology here could be that Candice Michelle changed her music and beat Phoenix, so Phoenix did the same. I hope they go back to her original theme, though. Candice Michelle looked way better at Unforgiven then here. I guess she has some work to do. I also get the feeling that she might work ahrd when she's going to get a reward at the end, but when she's out there to lose, well, who cares right? That needs to be fixed. Ah well, at least we get Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James now. Actually, we'll probably get Candice Michelle chasing, but I want Mickie. We might see Mickie James and Candice Michelle team-up to face Beth Phoenix and Melina, with Melina waiting on the outskirts to cash in her title shot for dating Hornswoggle. I expect that we'll see some kind of Fatal Fourway at Cyber Sunday or Survivor Series. Beth Phoenix's promo after this match was great. "I am the perfect being." LOL, that is some good heel shit.

I didn't watch the Punjabi Prison, but the ending was exciting, so kudos to them. The actually ring work was shitty from what I saw, though. The same thoughts occured to me during this match as the last Punjabi Prison: This would be a great match for talented wrestlers to compete in. Unfortunately, seeing as it's Khali's match, I doubt we'll ever see it. I'm glad that they did the four doors closing spot in this match, because now we know what happens, we've explored it, the match can be retired. Khali lost in a way that was probably intended to protect him. If things were going as they were supposed to be going, we'd likely have Batista vs. Khali vs. Mysterio at Cyber Sunday. I refuse to believe that we're getting Batista vs. Undertaker vs. Khali vs. Mark Henry. I refuse, damn it. Maybe they will have Batista vs. Khali vs. Mysterio vs. Finlay. Please, WWE, please. Just not too much crap in one match.

And finally we got the Last Man Standing Match, and believe it or not, this didn't depress me as much as I thought it would. It was solid stuff. Again, not great, but solid. It was pretty thrown together, with one spot after another, and then the guy getting up at nine, but it worked well enough. There was one spot I did not like, and that was the RKO counter sending Randy through the ECW table. Why the fuck did Orton prepare that table as well as the one he intended to put Triple H through if there was no intention of him to use it? Oh, that's right, because wrestling's fake. It would be nice if they tried to at least pretend sometimes. Randy Orton winning back the WWE Championship was actually good, in my opinion, as it sets up a story for RAW. Triple H is going to be coming for his belt. The WWE are probably thinking of doing the Hell in a Cell, whatever the other two options are (they don't matter, the WWE is going with HIAC), but I really think they should avoid it. Of course, I just don't want to see Randy Orton vs. Triple H again. This match made Randy Orton look at least capable, and Triple H didn't lose anything as it was his third match of the evening. It was a nice treat for fans in attendence to see Triple H's entire sixth WWE Championship reign, and it put some blood in the water for the marks to eat up. It might encourage some people to watch the replay, to see all the title developments. I don't know, but after my interest was sparked by some title changes, I'm ready to be bored again.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2007, 11:59 PM
That's my full card review, but basically the good was this:

* The Six-Man Tag
* Matt Hardy & MVP's pizza eating contest (and Maria)
* What we saw of Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay
* Batista's leap in the Punjabi Prison
* Randy Orton beating Triple H in the Last Man Standing Match

What was not so good:

* The opening segment, aside from William Regal's awesomeness
* CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V instead of CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke
* Triple H vs. Umaga
* Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay being aborted
* The rest of the Punjabi Prison Match

So all-in-all, it was a pretty fair trade off. Not a good show, not a bad one. Pretty average, not in the same bland sense as most WWE PPVs, but in the sense that there was some good, some bad, and it all meshed together.

SammyG
10-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I didn't mind the Punjabi Prison match at all, to be honest, I was suprised. I mean, we all knew Bats was gonna jump from the interior structure to the other one, but it was done pretty smoothly I thought. Khali is terrible, though. The pizza eating contest was fucking retarded. Yeah, they shouldnt have added Finaly opening his eyes, that woulda made it a little better. I can't believe the ECW match lasted like 5 mins. Meh, I guess that was the only way to make Big Daddy V look like a monster AND have Punk retain. Completely apathetic towards the 3 on 3 match. KENNEDDYY I guess.

Xero
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
I think the Finlay spot was just really bad camera work. I think he may have been reacting to something the ref said.

Though, I'll be honest, even with that, I actually thought he was injured, it looked pretty ugly and thought it was some sort of automatic reaction.

Also, the Vertical Suplex to the Face Buster (the name escapes me at the moment, Gordbuster?) from Jeff Hardy looked scary as hell and I thought that Murdoch had a broken neck for a second.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
To be fair, I didn't really watch the PP. I couldn't have cared less. It might have been good. I'm glad London & Kendrick made the PPV. They're kind of like the "shit, we need something to save our show" guys. They just go out there for five minutes and work their ass off.

Crossrine
10-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Some one please explain the WWE title situation to me. I checked on WWE at first it was Triple H, then Triple H, then Randy Orton? So confused :(

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
I think the Finlay spot was just really bad camera work. I think he may have been reacting to something the ref said.

Though, I'll be honest, even with that, I actually thought he was injured, it looked pretty ugly and thought it was some sort of automatic reaction.

Also, the Vertical Suplex to the Face Buster (the name escapes me at the moment, Gordbuster?) from Jeff Hardy looked scary as hell and I thought that Murdoch had a broken neck for a second.

To be honest, there was a moment where I though "Finlay opened his eyes, but what if he is really injured, and that was just his natural reaction to it?" It was just a second guessing thought that sprung up because of all the injuries going around.

Also, that gourdbuster was pretty sick.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Some one please explain the WWE title situation to me. I checked on WWE at first it was Triple H, then Triple H, then Randy Orton? So confused :(

1) Randy Orton is awarded the title by Vince.
2a) Triple H defeats Orton to win the title.
2b) Triple H defeats Umaga to retain the title.
3) Randy Orton defeats Triple H to win the title.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM

The show opened with Vince McMahon announcing that Randy Orton had been awarded the WWE Championship. Orton then said no one is as good as him, cue Triple H, and my heart sinking. Triple H then said Vince has no balls, so Vince made a match between Triple H and Randy Orton for the WWE Championship right then and there (yeah, it doesn't make sense), and Triple H defeated Randy Orton in the opening contest to become the new WWE Champion.

Then Vince McMahon said that Triple H was still facing Umaga, and it would be for the WWE Championship, so the fourth match of the night saw Triple H retain the WWE Championship against Umaga with a Pedigree.

Vince then approached Triple H in the back and said that Randy Orton was going to cash in his rematch clause tonight, and it would be a Last Man Standing Match, and Randy Orton won that to become a two-time WWE Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2007, 12:14 AM
1) Randy Orton is awarded the title by Vince.
2) Triple H defeats Orton to win the title.
Triple H defeats Umaga to retain the title.
3) Randy Orton defeats Triple H to win the title.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. MB beat me to it. So we basically got three WWE Title changes in one night.

SammyG
10-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I was marking out during the Last Man Standing match. Not a lot of matches lately that I mark out during. Maybe it was juts me lookin forward to Jericho too, who knows.

JT
10-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I was having a bad night...was chilling with my friends watching the event, and everytime I wanted something to happen, the opposite would occur. By the time we got to the main event, I'm cheering on Orton as HHH starts hulking up and look like Randy is finally out after the steel chair shot into the stairs. I'm chanting for Orton to get up when a friend says "You know, you should just stop cheering because the more you want it, the less it will happen." Well then, I put this theory to work...and started cheering HHH.

Orton immediately got up afterwards and started dominating. Finished off with winning the championship.

Lesson: God's spitefull...so trick him like the devil.

St. Jimmy
10-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Not even gonna read Alienoids post. Best PPV of the year for wwe. Out of the ballpark. :love:

Lara Emily
10-08-2007, 03:29 AM
There was one spot I did not like, and that was the RKO counter sending Randy through the ECW table. Why the fuck did Orton prepare that table as well as the one he intended to put Triple H through if there was no intention of him to use it?

Dude he was going to run from the Raw table and RKO HHH through the ECW table. That's why both were set up kayfabe wise.

Fox
10-08-2007, 03:34 AM
VINCE: Huh, so John Cena's out of the WWE Title match this Sunday I guess.

HUNTER: We should totally use this as an opportunity to give me another title reign before we put the belt on Orton.

VINCE: Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

JERICHO: But-

STEPHANIE: SHUT THE FUCK UP, CHRIS!

Dave Youell
10-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Haven’t read any of this thread, just want to get my thoughts across.

This was a well booked PPV.

I was pissed when HHH won it at first, but by the end of the night I was happy. It made both guys look strong and now Orton can go on as champ, plus he’s now a 3 time WWE Champ!

Orton’s loss earlier didn’t make him look weak as it was a roll up, and they are more of a surprise than anything.

The cage match was alright in the end, I liked the finish

Punk/V meh, I called the finish right at least.

The crowd really helped make this PPV IMO

mrslackalack
10-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I thought the way WWE handled the title situation was very WCW-like booking.

mrslackalack
10-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Orton/HHH Last Man Standing I have read everywhere was a great great match thats prolly the MOTY. Even Meltzer liked it. It must have been a heck of a match considering what the stipulation was.

Disturbed316
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
WHY-TOO-JAY