PDA

View Full Version : Official MB's No Mercy Results and Commentary Thread (Jericho!)

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I just said Jericho! in the title for no reason. He doesn't show up.

Opening Segment: Randy Orton is awarded the WWE Championship. Crowd chants for Jericho. VInce acknowledges chant. Triple H comes out, wants a match, is denied. Triple H makes a penis joke about Vince, is awarded the title show.
Score: 4/10

Triple H vs. Randy Orton (c) - WWE Title Match
Winner: Triple H via Roll Up
Score: 5/10

Jeff Hardy & Londrick vs. Mr. Kennedy and Cadock
Winners: Mr. Kennedy and Cadock via Green Bay Plunge and Pinfall by Mr. Kennedy <- from ABT because I didn't remember
Score: 7/10

CM Punk (c) vs. Big Daddy V - ECW Title Match
Winner: CM Punk via Bitch-Out DQ
Score: 1/10

Segment: Matt Hardy throws up on MVP

Triple H (c) vs. Umaga - WWE Title Match
Winner: Triple H via Pinfall
Score: 3/10

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay
Winner: ??? via Ending in retarded brawl after Final fakes injury

Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle (c) - Women's Title Match
Winner: Beth Phoenix via Pinfall in quite possibly the worst Women's match of all time.
Score: 1/10 for comedic purposes

Batista (c) vs. Great Khali World Heavyweight Title Punjabi Suckfest Match
Winner: (Batista) Anybody who missed this one, tops the previous match as the worst Women's match of all time.
Score: 1/10 for comedic purposes

Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton (again) - WWE Title Match, Last Man Standing
Winner: Randy Orton in what was actually a very intriguing match.
Score: 8/10

Notes:
1) The actual card deviated a great deal from the announced card, which I thought was interesting.
2) First half of the show felt much more like a Raw or Smackdown than an actual PPV (and that is not a good thing)
3) Alot of pointless activity
4) Why the fuck wasn't there a 'Swog segment?!?
5) I want to have a threesome with Melina and Maria
6) After a disappointing show all around, the main event gave the show a solid recovery. Not a true epic by any means, but there was good psychology and was one of the few unpredictable and important matches in a LONG while. And while it looked like Triple H's reign of terror had already begun, I was relieved to see Orton walk out with the title. Hopefully he does well with it, and I feel we need some time with a heel champion.

Overall Score: 7/10
Best PPV in a while.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
The second match was won by Kennedy hitting the Green Bay Plunge on Brian Kendrick, for the record.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:12 AM
SO glad Orton got the title back, but would it really have been so hard to just have them wrestle once for the title at the end of the show instead of just giving it to Orton? From a kayfabe standpoint, I suppose it would make sense for the number one contender to be awarded the title in the event of an injured champion, but...well, I dunno. Definitely could've been a lot worse.

Also, I thought the crowd would have been disappointed with the lack of Jericho, but they seemed to be quite all right with Triple H.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:15 AM
The second match was won by Kennedy hitting the Green Bay Plunge on Brian Kendrick, for the record.

Fixed, and credited to you. :y:

FourFifty
10-08-2007, 12:15 AM
It's kinda sad that the high point for me was seeing the new SAVE_US.222 video.

FourFifty
10-08-2007, 12:17 AM
It's also sad that albeit the highlight for me was a 10 second clip of static it was also the best PPV in a while.....

SammyG
10-08-2007, 12:17 AM
The new video said something about a second coming, and a revolution.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
This one said "2nd Coming", didn't it?

Makes me really think Jericho. I've been trying to think of other people that could have a "2nd Coming" though that would be significant.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Fixed, and credited to you. :y:

Finally, the respect I deserve in the wrestling forum.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
This one said "2nd Coming", didn't it?

Makes me really think Jericho. I've been trying to think of other people that could have a "2nd Coming" though that would be significant.

Judging from recent poll results, 2nd Coming just may be the title of the next Val Venis film. :shifty:

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Judging from recent poll results, 2nd Coming just may be the title of the next Val Venis film. :shifty:

:rofl:

SammyG
10-08-2007, 12:21 AM
It is Jericho. I'd bet anything on it. Fuckin Vince played me, and many others for a fool, though. With the 7 oct. in the original video, I was sold on the fact that he'd be at No Mercy. Fuuck. I declined an offer to go to a movie tonight, cuz I had.. "homework", which was called No Mercy. I bet Vince got a shitload of buys for this PPV. Fuuckkkk I wanted Jericho to show up :(

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I wasn't totally sold on it being Jericho until this latest video. Something about the "2nd Coming" just seems right for me. I had hoped he would be there tonight, but really didn't expect it.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:24 AM
There aren't any good movies out now anyway.

I did like how into Jericho the crowd seemed to be, though. Maybe that showed Vince that the IWC is a bigger percentage of his crowd than previously estimated?

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Also, even though it would've been cool as shit to see Jericho tonight, it'd probably be a better move for him to show up on Raw...for free...where everybody could see it. It might set up a nice ratings spike for the following week...assuming he really does have the fanbase that we all like to think he does.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I would hope so. Truth is though, he probably knows but just doesn't care.

FourFifty
10-08-2007, 12:32 AM
It is Jericho. I'd bet anything on it. Fuckin Vince played me, and many others for a fool, though. With the 7 oct. in the original video, I was sold on the fact that he'd be at No Mercy. Fuuck. I declined an offer to go to a movie tonight, cuz I had.. "homework", which was called No Mercy. I bet Vince got a shitload of buys for this PPV. Fuuckkkk I wanted Jericho to show up :(

Chin up, Sammy. By the looks of his match Kennedy isn't getting punished/de-pushed for being in the ring when Cena hurt himself, so it's not a total waste.

SammyG
Prolly another vid on Raw next week, till Cyber Sunday when he debuts. But I dunno, CYBER SUNDAY doesn't seem like a ppv were somethin big woud happen.

SammyG
...WASTE!

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:34 AM
One of the polls for Cyber Sunday will be "DO YOU WANT CHRIS JERICHO TO RETURN?", but somehow, it will turn out to be a resounding "No", so Snitsky will return instead in a match with Hornswoggle. It'll be a five star classic though, so don't worry.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Prolly another vid on Raw next week, till Cyber Sunday when he debuts. But I dunno, CYBER SUNDAY doesn't seem like a ppv were somethin big woud happen.

That might be why they want to save him for Cyber Sunday. If my memory serves me correctly, it is typically a low drawing and rather bland PPV. A Jericho return at it would surely drive up buy rates. (Though I just paid for No Mercy and I'm not paying for another PPV this close together, Jericho or No-Jericho)

JT
10-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Actually one rumor I heard (and it makes sense if the new video above did say "revolution") is the new Hart Foundation. Could always be their premiere...though I'm personally still hoping for Jericho.

SammyG
10-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I watched on Sopcast :)

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeh, I think the Hart Foundation is a possibility. I also find it interesting, that they start showing the Bret Hart video on PPV and advertising it again. THAT kind of makes me wonder, and lean towards the possibility of the Hart Foundation.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:41 AM
So basically I'm stumped, I have no idea. :-\

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
The New Hart Foundation would technically be the 3rd coming, because The New Foundation was Owen and Anvil. Therefore, it HAS to be Jericho!

Flawless logic. You're all very welcome. :y:

Destor
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Yeah that "second coming" line would make a lot sense for Teddy.

Destor
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
The New Hart Foundation would technically be the 3rd coming, because The New Foundation was Owen and Anvil. Therefore, it HAS to be Jericho!

Flawless logic. You're all very welcome. :y:Bah

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:44 AM

BAM!

And now I've changed my mind again.

Back towards Jericho.

My Final Heaven
10-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a disappointment. I would rather see the title on H' that Orton, honestly. I guess it's just more fodder for Randy's prefabricated legacy. :-\

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Or another title reign to help Triple H catch Flair's 16.

Destor
10-08-2007, 12:46 AM
You guys look at it alll wrong I tells ya. THEY TORE THE FUCKING HOUSE DOWN. They should be on top.

bigpoppapump
10-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Opening Segment:

Triple H vs. Randy Orton (c)
Score: 5/10

Jeff Hardy & Londrick vs. Mr. Kennedy and Cadock
Score: 7/10

CM Punk (c) vs. Big Daddy V

Segment: Matt Hardy throws up on MVP

Triple H (c) vs. Umaga

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay

Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle (c)

Batista (c) vs. Great Khali

Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton (again)
Score: 8/10

After a disappointing show all around, the main event gave the show a solid recovery.

Overall Score: 7/10
Best PPV in a while.

Wow....... Your scoring system is absolutely whacked. Overall score of a "7"?

Hmmmm....let's look at things on a fourth grader's level shall we?
According to your scores, the grand total of all matches/segments equals out to 37. There were 10 matches/segments. My 9 year old son has done the math also........... We both came up with an average score/match-segment of3.7

Thats pretty far off from your "7", huh?

Oh and you should've stopped after this....
After a disappointing show all around, the main event gave the show a solid recovery.

But no...... You had to charm in with.....
Best PPV in a while.

What the hell??? What was it???? Disappointing all around or best PPV in awhile???

It can't be both. :D
We don't need Matt Striker to figure this out, do we?

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow, way to take things entirely too literally.

It was a disappointing show UNTIL a very solid main event helped it out tremendously. AND, in my opinion, the previous two PPV's have been GOD AWFUL thus making it the best PPV in a while. Therefore, it makes sense EXACTLY how I wrote it. That after being an all-around disappointment, it made a solid recovery

And the overall 7 is because, in retrospect, despite the struggling start it turned out to be very worthwhile from the main event.

So zip it, and next time you think you are being smart, just keep it to yourself. Because now you look like a jackass.

Destor
10-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Seriously, a show can't be accurately defined by match by match results. A great climax can make up for some very shitty sex.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Seriously, a show can't be accurately defined by match by match results. A great climax can make up for some very shitty sex.

That is a perfect analogy.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm sure there is some big, convoluted reply coming that I'm probably going to ignore.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Well you did call him a jack ass. You have a rebuttal coming your way.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Well, technically I didn't call him a "jackass". But that he looked like one after trying to use a mathematical equation to refute my commentary on the show...and then not understanding how it can be disappointing at first, but then got better, and is the best PPV in a while.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Nobody lets the 'jackass' moniker slide, apart from Jackson Asserton.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:03 AM
lol, wow

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Wow....... Your scoring system is absolutely whacked. Overall score of a "7"?

Hmmmm....let's look at things on a fourth grader's level shall we?
According to your scores, the grand total of all matches/segments equals out to 37. There were 10 matches/segments. My 9 year old son has done the math also........... We both came up with an average score/match-segment of3.7

^ What does that look like he's being?

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 01:04 AM
The proud owner of the largest arms in the world, I'd say.

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:05 AM
:lol:

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:05 AM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anybody Thrilla again.
<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 01:06 AM
I wouldn't mind a Cooler Tom Schuler dramatic reading of that post.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:08 AM
I wouldn't mind a CTS reading of EVERY post.

The Naitch
10-08-2007, 01:10 AM
so wtf, Triple WON the WWE Title, then lost it later on? The first part doesn't sound right :wtf:

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:13 AM
so wtf, Triple WON the WWE Title, then lost it later on? The first part doesn't sound right :wtf:

That is IN FACT what happened. Here is the chain of events.

1) Randy Orton is awarded the title.
2) Triple H defeats Randy Orton to win the title.
3) Triple H defeats Umage to retain the title.
4) Randy Orton defeats Triple H to win the title.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:14 AM
i KNOW H JOBBING IS SOMETHING TO GET USED TO, BUT IT HAPPEND MAN. gET A GRIP.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Fuck, caps.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 01:16 AM
They said history would be made tonight...does that just mean it's the first time a championship was defended 3 times in one night?

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Where's Don West screaming "THAT'S SO BIZARRE!!!" when you need him...

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:17 AM
They said history would be made tonight...does that just mean it's the first time a championship was defended 3 times in one night?

Something is telling me thats been done before though...I'm not sure. But I do think thats what they meant by history being made.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:18 AM
They said history would be made tonight...does that just mean it's the first time a championship was defended 3 times in one night?3rd and fifth (I think) shortest titles rein of all tiem as well.

Destor
A new champ was crownd 3 times as well.

Mercury Bullet
2000TH POST, FTW!

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Yeh so there is several things going on that are of historical significance I suppose.

Destor
10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
And a new green dot!

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:20 AM
YES!

MB is moving up in the world (of TPWW)!

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:21 AM
This moment has been of great historical significance also...

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2007, 01:25 AM
bigpoppapump is crafting a historical retort AS WE POST.

JT
10-08-2007, 01:55 AM

Logic in wrestling...what an original concept.

mrslackalack
10-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Boone will report. YOU WONT BELIEVE THE WRESTLER THATS ARRVING TO RAW TONIGHT!!!!!! HINT: HE GOES BY Y2J.

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-08-2007, 10:17 AM

Technically if it was the Hart Foundation, it'd be the 4th coming. Because there have been 3 renditions already.

1. Neidhart, Bret, Jimmy

2. Owen & Neidhart

3. Bret, Owen, Neidhart, Bulldog, Pillman

No point to mentioning, just thought I would :p

KingofOldSchool
10-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Technically if it was the Hart Foundation, it'd be the 4th coming. Because there have been 3 renditions already.

1. Neidhart, Bret, Jimmy

2. Owen & Neidhart

3. Bret, Owen, Neidhart, Bulldog, Pillman

No point to mentioning, just thought I would :p

Actually it would be more like this.

1. Neidhart, Bret, Jimmy
2. Neidhart, Bret, Jimmy, Davis
3. Bret and Neidhart
4. Bret, Owen, Neidhart, Bulldog, Pillman

I don't count the Owen/Neidhart pairing as they were never really billed as The Hart Foundation.

Shadow
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I wonder if Bigpoppapump has the hook-up and if we should hollar if we hear him

Maluco
10-08-2007, 01:15 PM
As far as the Hart Foundation goes, I can easily see them grouping all the former versions together on the basis that they all involved the first generation of Harts, this would be an incarnation without any of the former members/Harts...all new members, with a new generation for the first time, which would be a 2nd coming in a more general sense....

At least I can see the WWE thinking like that...

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Boone will report: Y2J RUMORED TO BE CONFIRMED FOR RAW TONIGHT!!! NUDE PICS INSIDE >>>

^ Fixed

St. Jimmy
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
I never noticed it until now. Mercury Bullet... MB.... Matt Boone?
<scroll><b>OMG MERCURY BULLET IS MATT BOONE</b></scroll>

Mercury Bullet
10-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I never noticed it until now. Mercury Bullet... MB.... Matt Boone?
<scroll><b>OMG MERCURY BULLET IS MATT BOONE</b></scroll>

It's been brought up before...And my answer is as it always is...

Alas, I am not Matt Boone. If only I had that much journalistic integrity and insight, I could be doing so much more.

:p

DAMN iNATOR
10-08-2007, 01:35 PM
3rd and fifth (I think) shortest titles rein of all tiem as well.

Nope. 3rd (Orton, 24 minutes) and 4th (HHH, 2 hours, 24 minutes).:o
The 2 shortest were Yokozuna (2 minutes, 37 seconds, 4/4/93 [WM IX]), and André (45 seconds, 2/5/88).

starfox8500
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
...Is Juan Seena somewhere on that list :shifty:

Russenmafia
10-08-2007, 05:53 PM

Don't think it was the first time a championship was defended 3 times in a show. Did Y2J not defend the I.C title 3 times on RAW one night in May 2000? (was the week The Rock was in Morocco to film The Mummy 2 so they centered the show around Y2J)