PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy/Hardy

Maluco
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I have seen so many negative comments about Hardy going over Kennedy, that I just don't get. First of all, I REALLY enjoyed their match on RAW and it served to make both men very credible, as I feel the whole feud will serve to do as it pans out. I do think Kennedy will win the belt at the culmination of the feud, but what I don't get, is the negativity to a Hardy win.

1) It is obviously part of a building feud and the best feuds always occure when they can exchange victories over the other, it serves to elevate both guys.

2) Kennedy is still relatively new and it will do him NO harm in not flying up the card like so many before him. I personally would like to see Hardy main event proper, before ken Kennedy.

3) I am not a mark for either guy, but even with the high pitched screams of female fans, Hardy IS the most over of the two, and a lot of people will just have to accept that. I truly believe that a PPV will get a better buy rate, at present, with Hardy in the M.E over Kennedy.

4) Kennedy is better on the mic, and can take the loss and talk his way out of it, build himself up, and general protect his character more than hardy can. If Hardy does not keep his momentum IN the ring, he will lose that credibility much quicker than a good talker like Kennedy.

Discuss...

Johnny Vegas
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
i believe you hit it right on the head. Their match was very good, with great heat and OBVIOUSLY it is not going to their last. Ppl act as if hardy = HHH. Its just these KK marks who think he/should win every time b/c of his mic skills. I ike both of them, and i believe this fued can elevate their careers. My only wish is to throw maybe CCC or Shelton in there ala Raven/DDP/Benoit '97.

BigDaddyCool
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
This is the kind of fued Kennedy needs. Kennedy is an over rated piece of crap for the most part. Now maybe this fued he can actaully start showing why we should pay attention. Also, the fued will do nothing to Jeff Hardy. Jeff will never be a mainevent, and he has that wierd Hardy charisma so he will always be over with girls and Shadow so it won't hurt him to lose.

Stickman
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Hardy bores me. Kennedy has done nothing. Turned off Raw prior to their match.

redoneja
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Yea I don't know why anyone would complain about Hardy going over Kennedy. God forbid they make the IC champ look good.

Dorkchop
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Isn't Hardy the IC champ? I don't remember. I see no big deal with Hardy going over Kennedy. Jeff is pretty over and could still have a few years before he becomes a huge drug addict and forgets to show up to indie bookings.

Kennedy is a rising star. not every rising star has to win every single match and feud they're in.

redoneja
10-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Isn't Hardy the IC champ? I don't remember. I see no big deal with Hardy going over Kennedy. Jeff is pretty over and could still have a few years before he becomes a huge drug addict and forgets to show up to indie bookings.

Kennedy is a rising star. not every rising star has to win every single match and feud they're in.

Exactly. With Hardy being IC champ he should be able to win matches cleanly against upper level guys. And a few losses isn't going to hurt anyone.

Kane Knight
10-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Kennedy probably shouldn't be jobbing to or working in a program with stonerboy.

Otherwise, though, I agree. Losing once in a while isn't a problem.

BigDaddyCool
10-09-2007, 04:42 PM
KK, what do you care, you don't even watch wrestling.

Kane Knight
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Correction: I don't watch bad wrestling.

BigDaddyCool
10-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Correction: KK, why do you even care, WWE is the worst wrestling and you don't watch bad wrestling anyhow.

thedamndest
10-09-2007, 06:59 PM
It's not like Hardy squashed him, it was booked like he just surprised Kennedy (and it WASN'T a schoolboy) and took advantage of Kennedy's cockiness. He is the IC champ after all. So I agree with this thread.

Kane Knight
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Correction: KK, why do you even care, WWE is the worst wrestling and you don't watch bad wrestling anyhow.

Correction: BDC is a Dirty Puerto Rican.

Mr. Nerfect
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I haven't read every post thoroughly, but one point that I don't think has been mentioned is the Wellness shit. Mr. Kennedy is just off a suspension, and he shouldn't exactly be getting a "monster push" off his return. It's why John Morrison probably won't be ECW Champion imminently (contrary to rumours), and why Umaga was so soundly jobbed to Triple H at No Mercy. Of course, the policy is not fair, as Orton got away without a suspension, and if other steroid users get World Title reigns as soon as they return (if Johnny Nitro does become ECW Champion, for example), I will complain about Kennedy's treatment.

I go back and forth on whether or not I want to see Kennedy win the Intercontinental Title. If they were going to do it, I think RAW would have been the best time, so I think they should just have this feud keep Kennedy occupied for a bit, without any real kind of "Kennedy winning the title" payoff. Also, Kennedy now has a chance to be involved in the main event of Cyber Sunday. If he does win the voting via smarkeference, he won't win the title, but it's good for Kennedy and Hardy that they are seen at that level by management.

Tommy Gunn
10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Jeff Hardy is midcard for life, or jobber to the stars in a sense. If Kennedy wins the IC title after a brief feud it'll give Kennedy a boost and won't affect Hardy's popularity in any way because the fans know he ain't going up the ladder.

BigDaddyCool
10-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Correction: BDC is a Dirty Puerto Rican.

I'm white.

BigDaddyCool
10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm confused why everything thinks Kennedy should be mainevent just because he says his name twice. He is nothing special in the ring and decent on the mic. If that is what it takes to mainevent these days, then wrestling is in the septic tank, and needs to work its way back up to the toliet.

I mean in a year or two of building him up, he might be a maineventer, but right now he sucks.

Dave Youell
10-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm white.
Well if you were covered in dirt you'd look like you were from Peurto Rico, anyways...

If I were management right now, I’d be pissed with Kennedy. He’s bigged up the wellness policy saying how it changed his life and that anyone who’s on drugs can’t blame Vince because it’s their own problem. Then it turns out he’s a hypocrite.

I’d have him lose this feud and knock him down a peg or 2, I admit when he first came in he interested me, I saw his debut on Velocity, I turned to a mate and said I saw something there, but he’s come across as a whiney ass kisser who’s only major talent is repeating his name. He’s yet to have a money match, most of his ring work, whilst solid is nothing outstanding that makes me want to see him, yes he can work a stick, his promo’s against Taker were awesome, but anything else seems to be fairly bland (it’s better than most of the roster though, says a lot about the rest of the roster’s mic work)

Jeff on the other hand, although isn’t a saint (been suspended as well recently) has been outstanding since his return, he has that wow factor that so many guys are lacking, it’s not just because of his moves though, there is something genuinely different about him that I find interesting, he doesn’t look like your average wrestler, he’s not built, but he’ll kill himself to get a win, that’s something that fans can relate to, the same thing with Foley in some respects.

He’s been the most over guy consistently in every market area they do shows. I don’t see him getting a push higher than his current station, but if he performs to his current levels for another year I think he deserves the opportunity to

BigDaddyCool
10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm clean, no dirt on me.

And yeah I agree with what you said. Plus Jeff (and Matt for that matter) have an odd quality that means he will always be midcard. He doesn't have the certain it factor to be mainevent. But he will always be right on the cusp.

Mooияakeя™
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Fuck main event, let them bring some nice matches / cred / good angles and worth back to the IC belt.

Leave them battling for a bit and throw in a few other mid carders around them os if one should get injured we're not left thinking "oh no, it's gonna be Hardy vs Umanga again"

SammyG
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Give Kennedy the IC title. ASAP.

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm confused why everything thinks Kennedy should be mainevent just because he says his name twice. He is nothing special in the ring and decent on the mic. If that is what it takes to mainevent these days, then wrestling is in the septic tank, and needs to work its way back up to the toliet.

I mean in a year or two of building him up, he might be a maineventer, but right now he sucks.

This is coming from a guy who loves Kevin Nash and Boogen? :wtf:

Kennedy is not the greatest wrestler of all-time, but he is great on the mic (no, repeating his name is not his only trick), and he's more than average in the ring. He's got great psychology, and is one of the few guys who actually develops that area of his performing. He carried Batista to good matches with that trait alone, and won over the crowds.

Kennedy is one of the few guys on the WWE roster with "it," too. Kennedy should be main eventing because he has been flirting with that scene, and flirting successfully. The marks buy him, we buy him (for the most part), and he consistently performs at an acceptable level.