PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Way Burke

KingofOldSchool
10-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I will call him this from now on.

- Elijah Burke missed the Springfield, IL house show because he drove to Springfield, MO. Oops. As a result, Burke was not paid for his no show.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

:rofl:

Splaya
10-10-2007, 09:45 PM
HAHA, this is the first time I've actually LOL'd at something in a long time

Mercury Bullet
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Pfft, WOW.

:rofl:

Xero
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7OzSldtSm-4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7OzSldtSm-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Couldn't find one for Mo.

LOL though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Elijah Burke is awesome, so I will simply call this fate. My guess is he would have gotten injured if he attended the show.

D Mac
10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
We wish Burke the best on all future endeavors.

Theo Dious
10-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Good God, they SO need to make an angle out of this. Every so often when he has a high-profile match on ECW TV, they should have people waiting for him to show up, only to show him pulling up to an empty arena in the wrong city.

Hanso Amore
10-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Definitely not the first time this happened, this is pretty common.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Good God, they SO need to make an angle out of this. Every so often when he has a high-profile match on ECW TV, they should have people waiting for him to show up, only to show him pulling up to an empty arena in the wrong city.

That would actually be kind of cool. Maybe not every week, but I would not be opposed to seeing him go to the wrong arena once, and make it a comedy angle for a night.

Also, seeing as this is a thread based around Elijah Burke, I'm going to say that I can't wait for his eventual face turn. Burke is apparently a natural in the face role, and considering how great he's been as a heel, I can't wait to cheer Burke.

Mr. Nerfect
10-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Definitely not the first time this happened, this is pretty common.

When you think about it, miscommunication would be pretty easy on such things. I mean, Burke may have just gotten a call and said "Be at Springfield," and he naturally assumes it was the Springfield they did that show in last time, then gets there is like "Oh shit. They didn't tell me it was that Springfield." I mean, if Burke knew where he had to go, he would have gotten there. It's just one of those errors that happens when people are on the rush, and don't think out each individual step.

Kane Knight
10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
It is quite possible.

It'd be funnier if he ended up in like Springfield Vermont.

Rammsteinmad
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
:lol:

Theo Dious
10-11-2007, 12:23 PM
It is quite possible.

"What do you mean, Springfield Hawaii?!?!"

DarKCentaur
10-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Remember when Jericho was TV Champ in WCW, and he could never find the ring? He got counted out against Wrath because he got locked out of the building lol

Pepsi Man
10-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Remember when Jericho was TV Champ in WCW, and he could never find the ring? He got counted out against Wrath because he got locked out of the building lol
I only seem to remember the time when he was supposed to wrestle Wrath, but I definitely do remember that one.

Xero
10-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Vince: Now remember, Burke, Springfield, Illinois.
Burke: No problem, Springfield, Illinois, writing it down.
Vince: Oh, and you're going to be in a special cross-brand match, you vs. Mark Henry.
Burke: ........
Vince: You there?
Burke: ...... Uh, yeah, I'll be there ASAP...

*Four hours later*

Vince: WHERE ARE YOU!?
Burke: Springfield, Mo. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
ROFL

Hanso Amore
10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
It is quite possible.

Or better yet, he will be on the next episode of the Simpsons.

Corkscrewed
10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
We wish Burke the best on locating the general direction of all future endeavors.

BigDaddyCool
10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Whatever happened to Burke getting a push in ECW?

Gray
10-11-2007, 03:33 PM
gah

Nevermind. Should read threads completely before responding :'(

Damn Simpsons jacker....

Theo Dious
10-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Or better yet, he will be on the next episode of the Simpsons.

The Simpsons are entering an arena for a hockey game
Burke: What do you mean this is the wrong Springfield? I've got a map right here!
Sarcastic Works-everywhere guy: Sorry pal, but unless you've got some pads and a stick, you're outta luck.
Homer: Oh my God, it's Mr T! And he got a facelift!!!

Afterlife
10-14-2007, 08:52 PM
We wish Burke the best on all future endeavors.

...If he can find them.

Corkscrewed
10-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Thanks for repeating my jokes three days later!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Their jokes came first, but ended up on Rajah for some reason.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Their jokes came first, but ended up on Rajah for some reason.

Oh...you meant TPWW, Illinois.

Elijah Burke getting a face turn out of this would be pretty cool, especially if they can work out ways to have him end up in the most deliciously wrong place at the right time, without making him look like an idiot.

Afterlife
10-17-2007, 12:18 PM

Anything can be resurrected after three days; just ask Jesus.