PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Meeting Held today by TNA's Top Stars w/ Dixie Cater

JT
10-14-2007, 07:32 PM
From Rajah.com (because TPWW.net isn't fast enough):

We've received word that a major meeting is takeplace this afternoon in Atlanta, the site of tonight's Bound For Glory PPV.

Several of TNA's top stars - including Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Team 3D, and Christian Cage - have banded together and are meeting with TNA President Dixie Carter to discuss "urgent" matters that they feel are threatening the company. There is tremendous frustration with TNA's creative direction - especially the booking of TNA's 2-hour iMAPCT! debut.

TNA's top names have had enough and are demanding change. They feel Jeff Jarrett and his booking team are leading TNA to disaster and are demanding a change. Currently, Jeff Jarrett sets the "big picture" agenda for the company while Vince Russo and Dutch Mantell write the scripts and fill in the blanks.

While Jeff Jarrett has a long standing business relationship with Dixie Carter and her father Bob, it is believed that the star power of the men who called the meeting is significant enough to make their case heard. Both Kurt and Karen Angle have also grown close to Dixie Carter and her husband in recent months.

There has been talk of this type of meeting before, but it has never gotten this far until today.

About time someone said something...just hope it leads to somewhere, and not somewhere worst.

Mooияakeя™
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
OH NOES. DIZATORRRR @ PANDA ENERGY CREW HQ!!!111!

But seriously, if it gives us a better product and / or Cage the strap. Go Go Go

Crossrine
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
What would Kurt Angle have to whine about?

KingofOldSchool
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Kurt's probably drunk as we speak.

JT
OH NOES. DIZATORRRR @ PANDA ENERGY CREW HQ!!!111!

But seriously, if it gives us a better product and / or Cage the strap. Go Go Go

Seeing as Kurt was one of the wrestlers there, and probably biggest factor for them at this meeting, I doubt his title is going to Cage.

starfox8500
More milk?

Mooияakeя™
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Seeing as Kurt was one of the wrestlers there, and probably biggest factor for them at this meeting, I doubt his title is going to Cage.

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo don't crush my dreams god damn you and god damn Kurt Angle and his fucking gold medal :(

Nark Order
10-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Last I heard, Kurt was putting over more new guys than ever. Why all this hostility?

6to1
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
if that gets ruso fird thats a good thing.

Mercury Bullet
10-14-2007, 08:04 PM
With the way their writing is they should clean house and start from scratch.

Mooияakeя™
10-14-2007, 08:26 PM
No hostility to Kurt, I just think Cage is the man.

Yeah, agree with Bullet. Wipe the slate clean.

Jeritron
10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Yea that did wonders for WCW when their creative direction was in the shitter....

Mercury Bullet
10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
^ TNA is already using WCW's failed strategies. They could use a fresh start, in a different direction.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Last I heard, Kurt was putting over more new guys than ever. Why all this hostility?

Because Kurt Angle won all three titles at one point, and people assumed that he was playing politics. Never mind that he is the biggest star TNA has, and the best choice as an establishing Champion, and deserves to be the top guy.

I'm glad the guys in the lockerroom are doing this. Judging by the results of Bound For Glory thus far, I actually think it's working. The LAX defeated XXX, which is the good move. Russo booking probably would have put XXX over (he has a bit of a thing for them), and had them become #1 Contender's, never mind that we're going to have heel Champs soon.

Eric Young also won the Fight for the Right Battle Royal. I was almost sure we were going to see Jeff Jarrett show up and win the match. This makes Eric Young the #1 Contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. That's something fresh, and it elevates TNA's own talent. Kurt Angle vs. Eric Young would be a great match, and it can give Young the rub, and allow him to rise up the rankings. I don't know whether or not it will happen on TV or PPV, but either way, it's got the makings of a great story. Kind of like Triple H/Shelton Benjamin when Shelton got drafted to RAW over from SmackDown!.

IC Champion
10-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Why is Russo, who has the least say it what actually happens in the company also the one people blame for why TNA sucks?

Angle has more say than Russo.

St. Jimmy
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Someone asked Kurt to lay down for Sting. That's what's up.

hb2k
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Oh I pray this is to change the booking team.

Kane Knight
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Finally, maybe there'll be an end to total nonsense action!

chrisat928
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
EY is just going to get fed to Angle. It's probably punishment for someone else that was supposed to win.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Why is Russo, who has the least say it what actually happens in the company also the one people blame for why TNA sucks?

Angle may have more say, but he's obvious not happy. He's also not a part of the writing team. And whether or not it is actual Russo who is behind the crap is irrelevant. You're looking at it the same way Dixie Carter was. Just because it's not Russo writing the shit doesn't make it any less shit, and there needs to be a change. People blaming Russo, but it not being Russo, is not an excuse to keep things as they are.

TNA needs to get Paul Heyman writing. Heyman can do anything with anyone. The dude made Albert somewhat interesting. Jim Cornette is another guy with a great mind for the business, but his style is a little older than Heyman's, and dare I say a little less relevent. Cornette would be great as an adviser to young talent, and helping Heyman out with some ideas. Kind of a back-up writer.

It seems the guys in TNA are actually putting their foot down and wanting to be an alternative to the WWE.

The booking of Bound For Glory continues to make sense. AJ Styles & Tomko defeated Ron Killings & Consequences Creed to win the TNA World Tag Team Championship. That's 3 for 3 in TNA's favour now.

I honestly think that TNA might actually pick up in coming weeks.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2007, 09:14 PM
EY is just going to get fed to Angle. It's probably punishment for someone else that was supposed to win.

I actually doubt that. I think they just went with the upset fan-favourite moment. Eric Young won't beat Angle, but I think he will get the chance to wrestle a good match, before he goes down cleanly. That's honestly the way it should be.

hb2k
10-14-2007, 09:15 PM
It seems the guys in TNA are actually putting their foot down and wanting to be an alternative to the WWE.

Yeh, they're bringing Kevin Nash back to the ring. WAHOO!

JT
10-14-2007, 09:19 PM

The fight I believe isn't really against Russo but Jeff Jarret who controls the booking, and since Russo is his man to fill in the blanks, plus the fact that most of the storylines remind me of WCW in it's final days under Russo control...I have a feeling blaming him for this crap is pretty dead on (along with Jeff Jarret).

hb2k
10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Vince Russo is a terrible booker is one of the main reasons IC...and it seems to change weekly how much influence Russo has, but it's not like we're seeing ANYTHING of worth on Impact anyway.

Say what you will, but the TV took a noticeably turn for the worse once Russo hopped on board.

Pepsi Man
10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Um, in other stories I've read, Russo is listed as being on Kurt's "side" in these matters. As for Heyman being able to do "anything", I love Heyman, but if you put him in Russo's spot and fired Russo, there would be .001% difference in TNA, tops, from what it sounds like. Think about it.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Um, in other stories I've read, Russo is listed as being on Kurt's "side" in these matters. As for Heyman being able to do "anything", I love Heyman, but if you put him in Russo's spot and fired Russo, there would be .001% difference in TNA, tops, from what it sounds like. Think about it.

Firing Dutch Mantel, however...

The Optimist
10-15-2007, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if this turns out to be any sort of a work. Mirroring "Creative Control" even.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Vince Russo is a terrible booker is one of the main reasons IC...and it seems to change weekly how much influence Russo has, but it's not like we're seeing ANYTHING of worth on Impact anyway.

Say what you will, but the TV took a noticeably turn for the worse once Russo hopped on board.

Eiether way, he's not behind the shitty writing. His influence varies, but he's still a minority influence. Dutch and Jarrett are much bigger problems.

Gerard
10-15-2007, 10:14 AM
What would Kurt Angle have to whine about?

The camera's aren't picking up the fine sheen of his turtle waxed dome quite well enough. :yes:

hb2k
10-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Eiether way, he's not behind the shitty writing. His influence varies, but he's still a minority influence. Dutch and Jarrett are much bigger problems.

We have no clue who is writing what. All three of them suck ass, lets face it.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 11:03 AM
We have no clue who is writing what. All three of them suck ass, lets face it.

Is that a concession that your argument was bullshit?

Anyway, we have Dixie Carter herself indicating the hand Russo and Dutch have, which I'd say is a decent clue.

hb2k
10-15-2007, 11:10 AM
No, it's me shooting down that either of us know what's really happening seeing as how neither of us are there and the story of how much power everybody has changes by the day and the source. Point being, it's irrelevant because the product is the shits and it needs a change.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Well, except I have a seemingly reliable source, and you seem to be pulling your sentiment out of your ass. You're sort of trying to pull a reverse Occam's Razor, which is an earmark of a shite argument. The real answer to IC is that Russo is a convenient scapegoat, which is why he takes almost 100% of the blame.

I'll take anecdotal evidence over the rectal variety.

IC Champion
10-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Angle may have more say, but he's obvious not happy. He's also not a part of the writing team. And whether or not it is actual Russo who is behind the crap is irrelevant. You're looking at it the same way Dixie Carter was. Just because it's not Russo writing the shit doesn't make it any less shit, and there needs to be a change. People blaming Russo, but it not being Russo, is not an excuse to keep things as they are.

Why do you choose to view things as you'd like? I didnt say it wasn't shit, and I didn't say that they shouldn't make a change. I just want the smarks to stop bitching about Russo all the time, when clearly they know nothing.

IC Champion
10-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Exactly, but Russo was the one who killed WCW so they like to blame him for anything he could be relativley related to.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Exactly, but Russo was the one who killed WCW so they like to blame him for anything he could be relativley related to.

Right. It's easier to blame him. Personally, I'd like to see pretty much everyone writing for TNA in the unemployment line, but Russo's not so much to blame as he is the guy that's easiest to blame. Do I want him in charge of TNA? No.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Why do you choose to view things as you'd like? I didnt say it wasn't shit, and I didn't say that they shouldn't make a change. I just want the smarks to stop bitching about Russo all the time, when clearly they know nothing.

People don't like sentiments which are not unilateral.

IC Champion
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
People don't like sentiments which are not unilateral.

Really though.

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Another reason you should see Penn and Teller.

One episode (reparations) has an intro where they talk about how they did a show busting the war on drugs, and they were potheads, and then they busted environmental issues, and they were corporate puppets, and so on and so on.

If you don't agree with everything someone says, you are totally against them. If you say something similar to someone else, you're in the same group.

Sure, Dixie's missing the point, but she's arguing that the fans are wrong as a defense of the product, which is off the mark. Simply acknowledging that the problem is not Russo, and further that Jarrett is far more to blame for any shit you might see on TV, doesn't mean you buy into the notion that therefore, it's okay.

I don't really care, mind. Russo should be fired, too. The guy gets a bad rap for destroying WCW, worse than he deserves even, but that doesn't make him a good writer, a good booker, or anything short of anathema to rasslin'.

It's just that firing him won't solve anything TNA's got going. Among other things, they need a full fledged revolution right now, and it sounds like maybe they have one.

IC Champion
10-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I like KK's logic.

IC Champion
10-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Also, I'm going to DL Penn and Teller, they did have them OnDemand, and know that I know what the show is about, it sound pretty interesting.

darkpower
10-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Now, if we can see some people in the WWE go up to Vince McMahon in a similar fashion to tell him just what doing the polar OPPOSITE of what pleases more than just his ego is doing, then we would actually have a boom period on our hands.

(This is, of course, assuming this TNA thing actually plays out for all good).

Kane Knight
10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
We don't need that, DP. We just need TNA to do it.

Vince would step up if there was a threat, period.

darkpower
10-16-2007, 03:23 AM
We don't need that, DP. We just need TNA to do it.

Vince would step up if there was a threat, period.

Point taken.....

...sadly, though, not by those that need to get it.

Mr. Nerfect
10-16-2007, 05:15 AM

(Pretty much the same points I made about Russo perhaps not being the head writer, but the writing still being shit.)

I like KK's logic.

:wtf:

Seriously, though. People bitching about Russo is more metaphorical than literal. People just think that TNA is shit, and they want it to be changed. No one sings the praises of Dutch or Jarrett, Russo just has the bad reputation, and he represents a style of booking, more than anything.

What pisses me off is when something shitty happens, the fans let TNA know by complaining about it, and starting "Fire Russo" chants, which does not actually mean "Hey, Vince Russo specifically is bad," it means "Hey, this shit is bad." Dixie Carter misses the point completely by going "Believe it or not, this isn't dog shit...it's horse shit." It doesn't matter what kind of shit it is, any kind of shit is bad.

Also, KK, as much as you make sense at some points in this thread, Dixie Carter also said TNA morale is great, and that TNA has the best storylines in wrestling, and used Kurt Angle slapping Sting's son as an example. I wouldn't use her as a reliable reference.

The point is not whether or not Vince Russo is behind as much as he is given credit for. It really doesn't matter, because Dutch and Jarrett are also doing their best impersonation of a monkey with ADHD, complete with viewer feces toss.

St. Jimmy
10-16-2007, 10:50 AM
TNA is still better than SmackDown. Sad sad sad.

Kane Knight
10-16-2007, 12:20 PM

It probably has to do with me expressing those sentiments without putting words into IC's mouth.

IC Champion
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
It probably has to do with me expressing those sentiments without putting words into IC's mouth.

Alienoid, put words in someone's mouth? Nah....couldn't be.

Kane Knight
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Point taken.....

...sadly, though, not by those that need to get it.

Yeah, truly. WWE doesn't care about the fans until they actually amount to dollar signs.

TNA seems to care about the fans on some level, but it's more "By the grace of being on TV, we will attract fans WWE's turning away with its bad programming!" Which ignores that fans who are turning away from bad programming probably aren't going to go tune into mediocre programming.

Their model seems to be "We're a viable alternative by default," Which is really a bad model, but it seems to be it.

At this point, I worry that the only way we'll see a new "Monday Night War" is if WWE loses another point in the ratings, not if TNA pulls their act together. I HOPE I'm wrong, because I have trouble believing WWE will lose another full point.

IC Champion
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Also, was that the only line in KK's post you read? I didn't say Russo was good, or bad. What I had said was, he has the least say and pull of anyone writing TNA. Is the product still shit? Yes. Would firing Russo change things? No. Is Russo even close to being the problem? Not really.

Fact is TNA's writing and creative direction are shit. When the fans chant "Fire Russo" it goes to show how little TNA fans actually know. But the fact is they are displeased and unhappy, and obviously want change.

Dixie Carter is no smarter than the fans in that aspect, she's just on the other side of the fence. Obviously she personally feels there is nothing wrong, since she claims they have the best storylines in wrestling, and that they offer the best product. I don't think the problem stops at the writing team, it goes beyond it to the management and the owners.