PDA

View Full Version : TNA: Bound For Glory (SPOILERS)

Mooияakeя™
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Right from the off, the question is a spoiler:

Sting as TNA World Champ... good / bad

/ Discuss

BTW, I'm not asking for an opinion on Cage / Joe cos CAGE WAS SCREWED!!!1111!! :(

St. Jimmy
10-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Nash didn't tear his quad, OMGGGG.

The Naitch
10-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Sting who?

The Naitch
10-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Sting Lite

The Naitch
10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
[/KK].

Kane Knight
10-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Dude, if someone mouses over the thread, they can see the spoiler. Black font shows up in the preview, exactly what you're trying to avoid.

Don't know what Naitch is on aboot.

The One
10-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Well, I couldn't tell you why, but for some reason I ordered Bound for Glory. To be fair, the only TNA programming I've watched in the past 2 or 3 months was a couple of minutes of the battle royal they had on their 2 hour debut...but here's what I thought about the event on a whole...

It was very...ok...like I don't feel like bitching about it right now because I don't feel entirely ripped off from ordering it. The whole Kurt dropping the title to Sting is kind of whatever if you ask me. There is no real reason to do that. Sting doesn't need the title, Kurt really doesn't need it either but he's easily on a higher level than Sting. I must have missed something, but does Kevin Nash own Kurt Angle Inc stock or something? Why was he so "This is all I've got" over Kurt?

Cage jobbing to Joe is a fucking union in the ointment. Cage should have won, that's all I'm going to say about that...

Tomko/Styles walking away with the straps is good, not that I'm a big fan of either of them (though Tomko does have his moments) but I hated that football's reject was so hyped in a wrestling promotion.

I wanted Daniels to win the X Title...sad that he didn't.

LAX/xXx was so-so in my book.

Amazingly the women's match was fairly well done. I mean it was formatted like shit, but I honestly found myself caring about what was going on, which is a rare thing for women's wrestling...TNA wrestling...or wrestling in general...

Steiners over 3D, good. :y:

Monster's Ball was the lamest most tame PPV hardcore match I think I've ever seen. Raven had the only two moments that were worth talking about, the elbow drop which wasn't that high and the tack/glass combo, which is that even hardcore anymore with how many people have done it? Oh and Goldust is still a faggot...

Like I said, very ok. Maybe I would have liked it all more if I had actually seen any of the build up, but than again, this is TNA and they've had exactly 4 feuds in their entire history where the build up was even well done...I might actually watch Impact this week just to see the fall out, but than again probably not.

Mr. Nerfect
10-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Sounds like a pretty good show to me. Much better than the stuff the WWE has been putting out. Sting going over Kurt Angle may not be the most brilliant decision in the world, but I guess they wanted the babyface win at the PPV. I'd personally have gone with Angle retaining, and then Kevin Nash laying out Kurt for disrespecting him. Then have Samoa Joe, Eric Young, Abyss and maybe even Jay Lethal (he does hold a fall over Angle) come out to the stage, and look in the ring at Nash and Angle, and put over that they all want a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Sting going over is not completely shit, but it is very meh. It doesn't further TNA anymore than where they already are, and a longer establishing reign for Angle might have been worth him retaining. I think this might just be a switch to decrease future implications from the DUI. So now we're going to get Sting vs. Eric Young? That's kind of ironic, given that when Sting initially came into the company, Eric was running around afraid of him. Plus they have the whole "It's Showtime/Showtime moniker" thing. Part of me actually wants to see Sting lose the TNA World Title to Young in the upset.

The rest of the show was well booked in my opinion. No bad decision. Tovo was a little upset with some of the stuff, but as he said, he doesn't watch, and he was just going with his favourites, and not by who fits into the storylines and stuff.

SammyG
10-14-2007, 11:58 PM
BAH GAWD, STIING STINNNG STIINGG

Mr. Nerfect
10-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Also, Samoa Joe going over Christian Cage was the right move. It was their version of WrestleMania; there was no better time for Cage to lose his streak. They need to put Joe over as strong, to make out for his poor booking over the past few months, which has let a lot of people down, and getting him to go over Cage in their feud was smart.

I don't know how exactly the match turned out, but if TNA were smart, they'd have had tension spawn between Matt Morgan and Christian Cage from it, and have a feud develop between them out of this, with Morgan then going on to be the first man to pin Christian Cage in a match without interference of any kind. Actually, according to TNA, he'd be the first guy to pin Christian Cage since he's been in TNA.

Cage doesn't need to be protected, he is awesome enough to survive a few losses.

Hanso Amore
10-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Eric Young is a fat slob....Maybe give him a Impact shot and a loss. He shouldnt have won, he is OVER already, win or lose. Wasted shot to put someone ever.

Rude will never be over, they need to give it up.

Sting winning was poor. He is on his way out and winning wont help elevate the company. Unless they give him a short farewell run and let a guy like Cage or Joe go over clean in his final match (he plans to retire in the next year.

Monsters Ball is shite. Black Reign is a waste of time and money.

Hopefully this means the end of Rick Steiner....he is so old/fat out of shape, give me a break, get him out of there. Team 3D is still good for a bit, hopefully they fued with a newer team to get them over. Scott has been great lately, give him a singles run. Maybe he fueds with Angle or Cage.

Black MAchismo needs to go. It set Lethal apart, but that can only go so long. A friend that doesnt wath wrestling saw Impact this week, and said Black MAchismo was funny, but was suprised it was a permanent thing.

SOnjay needs to get canned.

Raven is so much the goods, but He needs to move into a manager/announcer role, he is getting old. He also needs to wear the damn kilt.

Nash wrestling is horrible. I loved him as a manager, but damn, he is 50 almost, and he cant handle it physically.

xXx needs to go. Daniels should be solo.

Morgan has been around way too long without wrestling. He could get over Big. He has a great look and size. He is the biggest guy in the company. get him in the ring.

Hanso Amore
10-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Eric Young is a fat slob....Maybe give him a Impact shot and a loss. He shouldnt have won, he is OVER already, win or lose. Wasted shot to put someone ever.

Sting winning was poor. He is on his way out and winning wont help elevate the company. Unless they give him a short farewell run and let a guy like Cage or Joe go over clean in his final match (he plans to retire in the next year.

Hopefully this means the end of Rick Steiner....he is so old/fat out of shape, give me a break, get him out of there. Team 3D is still good for a bit, hopefully they fued with a newer team to get them over. Scott has been great lately, give him a singles run. Maybe he fueds with Angle or Cage.

Black MAchismo needs to go. It set Lethal apart, but that can only go so long. A friend that doesnt wath wrestling saw Impact this week, and said Black MAchismo was funny, but was suprised it was a permanent thing.

Raven is so much the goods, but He needs to move into a manager/announcer role, he is getting old. He also needs to wear the damn kilt.

Nash wrestling is horrible. I loved him as a manager, but damn, he is 50 almost, and he cant handle it physically.

Morgan has been around way too long without wrestling. He could get over Big. He has a great look and size. He is the biggest guy in the company. get him in the ring.

Hanso Amore
10-15-2007, 06:27 PM

Hanso Amore
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
wow, my bad

KingofOldSchool
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Eric Young didn't win a title shot, he just got the number 1 seed in the stupid tourney they are doing based on the battle royal results.

weather vane
10-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Awesome Kong nip slip was so hot