PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious about reading Batista's book now

KingofOldSchool
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Here are some excerpts from his book...

Page 3-4 (on writing this book)
What do people want to know about me? And why do they want to know? I don't pretend to be a deep thinker. I don't talk that much. When I do, I say what I honestly feel, and I say it plainly, in just a few words. That's rare today, maybe - enough to have gotten me in trouble at different times - but that's not a reason to write a book.
Page 19-20 (on his favorite wrestler with a HUGE picture of the WARLORD in his phantom of the opera style gear)
I watched a bit of pro wrestling as a kid. I think my favorite wrestler was The Warlord. Sometimes I get teased about that. Most people don't know who the Warlord was. If you ask them who their favorite was when they were a kid, they'll always say Hulk Hogan or Macho Man, Ric Flair or maybe Dusty Rhodes.
I say the Warlord and people say, "Who?"
Page 62 (after a story about puking at the Power Plant and Sergeant Buddy Lee Parker)

I wonder how much talent he chase out of there. The goddamn WCW went under not too much longer after that. Maybe there's a connection.

(later)

Hey, Sarge, if you're reading this-I think about you every day, you f' piece of s***.
Yeah. You're a f' piece of s***.
Page 84 (on OVW)

I think on a lot of interviews since I've become famous, just because of the questions I've been asked, I've focused in on a lot of the negatives of Ohio, what I didn't learn, what I failed to figure out. I never really got to speak about what I did learn. So let me take the time now to focus on a few other things I did pick up there, and that I am grateful for having been taught.

One thing that I always loved about Jim Cornette is the fact he's a huge buff on the history of wrestling. He would make us study. We read Lou Thesz's book, Hooker: An Authentic Wrestler's adventures inside the bizarre world of professional wrestling, to get a feel for the industry, especially as it was during the eighties and erly nineties. He gave us another book whose title I don't recall, but which had a lot of information on older wrestlers, guys who passed away. And we watched shoot interviews with Cowboy Bill Watts. Watts was an old-school wrestler and wrestling promoter who had a tremendous store of information and stories about wrestling.
Pages 141-142 (on Bubba)

BUBBA DUDLEY IS AN ASSHOLE

The match continued for a while, and it was just a nightmare. When it ended, they haulded Randy out in an ambulance. I followed in a car. Even Bubba Dudley got hurt, injuring his back.

Or so he claimed.

See, the thing that really, really drives me crzy about that night was that Bubba Dudley bitched out Randy while he was being put into the ambulance. Bubba started yelling at Randy, claiming that because of landing on Randy's foot, he had hurt his back.

Excuse me?

Because Bubba broke Randy's foot by landing on it and crushing it, Bubba's back hurt and it was Randy's fault.

Yeah, that's it. Randy's in the ambulance with a broken foot and Bubba's screaming and yelling at him.

And you know, usually if somebody gets injured in your match, or even if it's ajust a guy you work with, at some point you try to give him a call to check on him and see how he's doing. You want to show a little bit of concern. He's a coworker, and whether you were responsible or not, it's just a polite thing to do. The right thing to do. Show you care.

Needless to say, Bubba never gave me or Randy a call just to see how we were doing. Nothing.

In my opinion, Bubba Dudley is a jerk-off. He's one of those people who used to always bully guys and throw his weight around just because he had a good position in the company. He'd been around for a long time and he was one of those veterans who'd always treated the rookies like s***. He treated me like s***. He treated Randy like s***. To this day, I can't forgive him.

I don't have a whole lot of bad things to say about people, but Bubba Dudley will always be a piece of s*** in my book.

Page 113 (on Chris Benoit)
It's difficult to mention Chris now without thinking of the horrible events in June 2007, when the police say he killed his wife and son and then committed suicide. I don't know what demons were possessing him. The Chris I know wouldn't have done that.
Page 203 (on the Undertaker calling him out for saying Smackdown wasn't as good as Raw)
"If you have something to say, or you want to light some fire under out asses, you go to the guy and tell him. Directly," said Undertaker. "That's what being a leader is. Bring this s*** up in the locker room. Don't go to the goddamn press and put it out there. We got all these guys who are very talented and working their asses off and who think you're dogging them, for no reason. You're just setting yourself up to be a target."
Page 206 (on his series with JBL)
You would think, two big guys like us, the matches ought to be great. But for some reason we didn't have very god chemistry. We were like oil and water. We struggled, and I could never quite figure out why. I almost think that sometimes you get a much better match when you have a mismatch between the wrestler: you know, a bigger guy and a smaller guy. Or contradicting wrestling styles.
I have more of a brawling style and so does JBL, so maybe that was the reason we didn't quite click. We tried, but it just didn't take off.
Page 215 (the night before Eddie's passing)
Eddie called me that night, pretty late. I think it was about two in the morning. I was already sleeping, so he left a message.
At that time, I was champion. The plan was to pass the title back to Randy. But I wanted them to put it on Eddie. I'd told him earlier that I was going to Vince to ask him to do that.
Well, Eddie called me and left a message saying that he really appreciated what I was going to do, but that it was the wrong decision. Randy should be champ, not him.
Page 225 (on Mark Henry injuring him in 2006)
I felt he was compeletly reckless. We try to give our best in all our matches, but he took me out for a long time. He took a lot of money out of my pocket, a lot of money away from my family. And the injury took a lot of money, I believe, out of the company. I still to this day can't figure out what he was thinking.
Mark's got a good heart, and like I said, he didn't intentionally hurt me. But it was still careless.
Page 249
King Booker had become champion while I was gone, and I think in his opinion I didn't give him the professional courtesy or respect that any veteran wrestler, let alone the champion, desceves. Which was true. I showed up at the photo shoot and I pretty much said hello to everybody except him.
I had a personal problem with Booker, which was why I was rude. People have pushed me to talk about the person aspects, but I don't care to go into it. We move ahead. And the point is, no matter how I felt, I should have at least been respectful and said hello, not acted as if he didn't excist. He's e earned respect in this business. I didn't show it, and I was wrong.
Page 263
My wife thought I was sleeping with Melina right off the bat, while we were still married. It wasn't true, but it did make me feel guilty about being friends with her.

Since then, as I've said, Melina and I have gotten closer and our relationship has become physical. That's caused a bit of controversy, but I don't give a s***. She's my friend, and I love her very much.

:lol:

Crossrine
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Is that honestly how much spelling/grammar he messed up? And I pray to god Bubba shoots some kind, ANY KIND, of promo about this on TNA.

IC Champion
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
What's Bubba gonna say, that it's true? Because Batista wouldn't be the first to have said it.

Destor
10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I had no clue Bays was pounding Melina.

Dorkchop
10-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Bubba seemed like a cunt before I read that anyway.

Morgan
10-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like Eddie wasn't going to be WHC after all. Always wondered about that.

BUBBA DUDLEY IS AN ASSHOLE.

Please let this be a chapter title.

Crossrine
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Not going to lie, I was a Dudley Boyz mark in ECW..

Hanso Amore
10-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Bubba is an asshole who doesnt give a fuck.

That is why I like him.

Zen v.W.o.
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll forget this one, and just purchase the Bret book tomorrow.

SammyG
10-15-2007, 06:22 PM
lol, Bats is banging Melina. DAMN.

KingofOldSchool
10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I'll forget this one, and just purchase the Bret book tomorrow.

Let me save you the money and sum it up for you.

Chapter 1:

I hate Vince McMahon. That bastard screwed me over the WWF Title, he was a jerk and he still is.

Chapter 2:

I hate Shawn Michaels, the boy toy. That bastard helped screw me out of the WWF Title, he is and always will be a prick.

Chapter 3:

Montreal in 1997 ruined my life. If it wasn't for Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon, Triple H, The Easter Bunny, Earl Hebner, Nacy Drew, Pat Patterson, and Gerald Brisco, I would still be wrestling today!

Chapter 4:

I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be!

The End.

Y2Ant
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Batista banged Melina? Lucky bastard. :mad:

Y2Ant
10-15-2007, 06:30 PM
p.s. when are Jericho and Bret Hart's books out in the US? Cause I think we don't get them for ages here so i'll just order them internationally because I want them now. NOW.

Zen v.W.o.
10-15-2007, 06:50 PM

Chapter 1:

I hate Vince McMahon. That bastard screwed me over the WWF Title, he was a jerk and he still is.

Chapter 2:

I hate Shawn Michaels, the boy toy. That bastard helped screw me out of the WWF Title, he is and always will be a prick.

Chapter 3:

Montreal in 1997 ruined my life. If it wasn't for Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon, Triple H, The Easter Bunny, Earl Hebner, Nacy Drew, Pat Patterson, and Gerald Brisco, I would still be wrestling today!

Chapter 4:

The End.

Actually if you read any reviews you'll notice Bret tears himself down just as much as anyone else. Not to mention all the other interesting stuff he can talk about and give insight into.

But then you wanna read the Batista book.

Y2Ant, the Hitman book comes out tomorrow in Canada. Gonna be a fucking HOT SELLER. The Y2J book I thought already recently came out, although I guess not, I'll have a looksee.

Y2Ant
10-15-2007, 06:56 PM
:o

I am gonna have to try and get hold of a copy ASAP then.

Zen v.W.o.
10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
PREVIEW:

Bret Hart's new book tells all

HART BARES HIS SOUL
Sex, drugs, abuse laid bare
in wrestling icon’s memoir
HEATH MCCOY CALGARY HERALD
Back in 1984, when Calgary’s Bret (Hitman) Hart was first recruited into Vince McMahon’s emerging media colossus, the World Wrestling Federation, he made one of the most important purchases of his life — and it wasn’t a new set of wrestling tights. Rather, it was a tiny cassette recorder, meant to serve as the future superstar’s personal road diary.

“I don’t know what possessed me to buy it,” Hart tells the Herald in a phone interview to discuss his upcoming autobiography, Hitman, which hits stores Oct. 16.

“I think I just wanted to keep a journal and I knew I’d never do it by writing, sitting down to it every night with all the pressures on the road. . . . So I started this audiotape history.

“Every couple of days I’d just talk into my recorder and explain what I’d done that week.”

Even that wasn’t as easy as it sounds, jokes the 50-year-old retired grappler, who’s calling from Italy, the home of his second wife, where he spends much of his time these days. At the beginning of his 13-yeartenure with the WWF, Hart shared hotel rooms with his tag team partner and brother-in-law, Jim (The Anvil) Neidhart, an experience that he equates to “living with a rhinoceros.”

That often made quality recording time a challenge.

Still, one of Calgary’s most famous sons maintains he kept meticulous records of his rise to fame and, ultimately, his controversial fall in the WWF (now called the WWE).

Those tapes documented The Hitman’s move from being a local hero in his father Stu’s legendary Stampede Wrestling promotion to becoming a seven-time world heavyweight champion and international star.

They provided a window into his unique and chaotic life in the Hart family, and they chronicled his experiences behind the scenes in the WWE — from the sex, drugs and rock ’n’ roll lifestyle to the ugly dressing-room politics, which were characterized by manipulation and backstabbing.

They offered a vivid insight into the endless tragedies — Hart’s well-publicized falling out with the WWEin 1997 and the career-ending concussion he suffered two years later, his stroke in 2002 and the 1999 death of his youngest sibling Owen, who died in a WWEring when a dangerous stunt went awry.

Sadly, the latter part of Hart’s story is rife with casualties, from the passing of his beloved parents to the death of one former colleague and friend after another, most of them victims in some way of the punishing wrestling business.

Of course, the content of those tapes became the structure on which Hart’s autobiography was built.

“Those tapes turned out to be a blessing, especially as weird as things got,” says Hart. “Things just kept getting bigger. When Owen died I was starting to have those tapes transcribed. I started reviewing the details of the journey and I thought ‘This whole thing is surreal.’ And I knew I had the truth. A lot of wrestler’s books . . . as much as they think they have the truth, they just don’t remember it. There’s been too many beers and too many (damaged) memories where it’s not quite there anymore. . . . And a lot of the guys aren’t very honest. They only tell the good stuff.

“I wanted to write something that was different than all the other books . . . and I didn’t mind pulling my pants down.”

That’s the Hitman’s way of saying he was brutally honest.

He began writing the book around the time his career crashed in 1999. Hart was shell shocked then, in the wake of his falling out with the WWE and the death of his brother. His parents and Owen Hart’s wife were suing the WWEat that time for wrongful death due to negligence (the case was eventually settled with $18 million U.S. going to the Hart family) and, with his life a hellish catastrophe, Hart began telling the tale.

At times it was an excruciating task. All his triumphs seemed tainted and his tragedies were still fresh and bitter. The job became all the more difficult after his stroke. “I remember writing from my hospital bed,” Hart says. “Emotionally, I was a wreck . . . and it was heartbreaking reliving everything.”

By the time the book was completed in 2006, Hart had just more than 1,000 pages, which he turned over to his publisher, Random House, which whittled the manuscript down to a tight, compelling 553 pages.

Hart knows the content is bound to cause resentment in some who have figured prominently in his life. His former boss Vince McMahon, for example, with whom Hart has mended fences in recent years, is bound to be displeased with his portrayal as a heartless manipulator whose word, as Hart says, “wasn’t good for s--t.”

Hart’s depiction of fellow wrestling luminaries such as Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels won’t be received any better. Hart feels some of his siblings may also be hurt by the way they come across in the book. Feathers are sure to be ruffled by Hart’s memories of their father, Stu. To be sure, Hart’s love and respect for his father never comes into question in Hitman. But at the same time, Stu Hart’s temper and the brutal way the wrestler/promoter disciplined his sons will surely raise eyebrows, given his status as one of Calgary’s most beloved figures.

“I don’t have any trouble saying it was abusive,” Hart says. “I think sometimes it was. . . . None of my siblings can look me in the eye and say it wasn’t true.

“But I also defend my dad. It was tough raising 12 kids and if you look at (some of my siblings), they were pretty wild and out of control. . . . I was never bitter about it. I always think it was part of his job, keeping everyone in line. . . . My dad ruled with an iron fist. . . . It was all part of growing up a Hart, I guess.”

One has to think Hart’s ex-wife, Julie, and their four children may be troubled by what they read in Hitman, where Hart is frank about his many extramarital affairs on the road. It turns out that womanizing was by far Hart’s greatest vice all those years.

“I’ve had this conversation with my ex-wife and even my new wife, and I’ve told them ‘I was only human,’ ” Hart says.

“A lot of the relationships I had of that nature, they’re what saved me.” Hart explains that while he did indulge in the hard partying that went on behind the scenes in the WWE, where cocaine, booze and pill-popping was on the menu every night after the shows, he was always leery about getting too carried away.

“It was like a toilet being flushed and you kept trying not to get flushed all the way down,” he says. “I knew that was a bad way to go, getting hooked on that stuff. And the only way I could really keep anyone’s respect . . . was to latch onto a girl and say ‘I’m with her.’ It was the only way to save face.”

That’s not to say Hart was a reluctant participant. “I was always pretty content with the way I was living my life,” he admits. “I remember when I was 16, I had about 50 Playboy pinups on my wall. I remember my friends saying: ‘Which one would you pick if you could pick one?’ I remember saying ‘I’d pick all of them.’ In a lot of ways when I was wrestling, that’s what I was doing.”

Did he ever feel guilty for cheating on his wife? “This (book) is my way of saying ‘Guilty as charged, but here’s why,’ ” Hart says.

“I started in this business when I was 20 years old and I was 43 when I got out. I was gone for 23 years, 300 days a year. . . . Then you look at the travel time and how dead tired you are when you get home. It didn’t leave a lot of time to keep that fire going. . . . I don’t think it was easy for (Julie) and I know she carried a lot of weight with the kids. She was a great mother and she was there for me a lot, but we conflicted in so many ways and I think that was down to being apart for so long.”

It’s interesting that Hart was willing to reveal this side of his story, given the image he portrayed at the peak of his career.

The Hitman was seen as a clean-living hero with family values who became disenchanted with the business when it went into the proverbial gutter with storylines that had more in common with an episode of The Jerry Springer Show than the good-versusevil plotlines that once defined the sports-theatre soap opera of professional wrestling.

Hart remains proud of his image in those days. “I think I was a very Canadian hero,” he says.

“A lot of people around the world resented American heroes, especially in the Arab countries, and they loved the fact that I was Canadian. . . . It was special for me to go somewhere like Bahrain and to be greeted at the airport by a couple of thousand people waving Canadian flags. It was the same in places like Israel and Belfast and I took a lot of pride in that. . . . And even though my wrestling was pretty serious . . . I was sort of a soft hero. Even in my (signature pink and black) uniform — with the pink, girls and kids could like me. I was sort of seen as this harmless character who fought evil in a cartoon way.”

Will this book then corrupt that image The Hitman is so proud of?

“If I had written this when I was a role model to kids I might have softened it,” Hart says. “But I needed to undress myself here. . . . I’m not just tearing everyone else down, but I’m exposing my flaws too.”

He’s quick to add: “I don’t have any real regrets about anything I did. . . . If I had been faithful and a saint like my brother Owen was . . . I would have spent a lot of time sitting in my room staring at the ceiling. . . . Owen was one of those guys who was living for tomorrow. ‘No, I can’t do that because I’m saving everything for tomorrow.’ In the end, Owen never got a tomorrow.

“I lived every day like it was my last, without killing myself or becoming an out-and-out alcoholic or a pill-head. . . . I sort of knew the lines I was going to cross and I crossed them carefully. Then I’d skip back to the other side the next day.”

Hart knows some people might condemn him for his book, but he’s willing to stand by everything he’s written.

“In the end, if what I’m guilty of in life is what’s in this book, if those are the worst sins I’ve committed, let the chips fall where they may.

“That’s what it was and I didn’t do anything I couldn’t write about.”

Corkscrewed
10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
You would think, two big guys like [JBL and me], the matches ought to be great.

ROFLMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Interesting excerpts. He definitely comes off as honest and saying what he thinks, rather than being phony. And even if he seems to be rather misguided at times, I appreciate the candor.

Zen v.W.o.
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM
One thing about Bret, he doesnt kiss ass, he aint corporate. He doesnt allow others to restrain his thoughts and opinions.

That's the difference between him and guys like HBK and Flair.

HBK released a very dissapointing book, for a born again, he shouldnt be so secretive and prone to covering his ass.

RGWhat316
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Damn, I didn't know Batista was bangin Melina either. I thought I heard last year he was with one of the diva search chicks instead. I may read this one for the hell of it. He doesn't seem to hold anything back, which is what I like to read.

Zen v.W.o.
10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
The hardcover for Jericho is Oct. 25th, according to amazon anyways.

BigDaddyCool
10-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I want Bat's book so much. It is just going to be hilarous. It will be awesome because he is as much of a dick as anyone else he calls a dick.

SammyG
10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I wanna read some sexual details about Melina in bed.

Mr Regal
10-15-2007, 08:35 PM
She's a freak. Likes a nice sloppy rim job.

BigDaddyCool
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Interesting

The Naitch
10-15-2007, 10:50 PM
when does Batista's book come out?

The Naitch
10-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm getting it.

St. Jimmy
10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Bret is shitting all over his legacy.

The Naitch
10-16-2007, 12:43 AM

Chapter 1:

Chapter 2:

Chapter 3:

Chapter 4:

The End.

:lol:

road doggy dogg
10-16-2007, 01:10 AM
I dunno if I missed something, but that one clip about him saying Undertaker shouldn't publicly call guys out... doesn't saying something like that in a PUBLISHED BOOK kind of contradict your point? I don't know. THE DEACON is still the best wrestler ever.

Mister Sinister
10-16-2007, 05:29 AM
Wait an minute, Batista is banging Melina, I throught that Melina and Morrison were like you know been together for an long time, maybe this might explain a little why Morrison went to ECW.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Bat's hardcover book is out today for the record.

Hanso Amore
10-16-2007, 06:59 AM
I dunno if I missed something, but that one clip about him saying Undertaker shouldn't publicly call guys out... doesn't saying something like that in a PUBLISHED BOOK kind of contradict your point? I don't know. THE DEACON is still the best wrestler ever.

UT told Bats not to call people out in public. So he is just doing it again.

Y2Ant
10-16-2007, 10:52 AM
A Lion's Tale doesn't come out here til February and I can't wait that long so I just bought it off amazon.com (only came to £15 including shipping) but I still have to wait 6-22 business days :'(

mrslackalack
10-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow so Orton was gonna be WHC and not Eddie like people say. I wonder why they just had Bats vacate the title then instead of dropping it to Randy?

Theo Dious
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Chapter 3:

Montreal in 1997 ruined my life. If it wasn't for Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon, Triple H, The Easter Bunny, Earl Hebner, Nacy Drew, Pat Patterson, and Gerald Brisco, I would still be wrestling today, and Owen, Davey, Curt Hennig, Earthquake, Eddie Gurrerro, Chris Benoit and my dad would still be alive!

You missed a part. :shifty:

Theo Dious
10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow so Orton was gonna be WHC and not Eddie like people say. I wonder why they just had Bats vacate the title then instead of dropping it to Randy?

Wasn't that right around the time Orton was suspended?

Funky Fly
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
No, it was gonna be a Triple Threat match, remember?

Kane Knight
10-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Looks like Eddie wasn't going to be WHC after all. Always wondered about that.

I wouldn't take Bats as gospel, but considering all we had to go on before was a meaningless platitude from Steph after he was dead.

And nobody's going to say "Eddie called me up, and he said he was going to be a midcarder until he died...."