PDA

View Full Version : "One day, we will die..."

JT
10-20-2007, 10:34 PM
On the Monday Night Wars DVD, there is a commercial for Wrestlemania XIX where they are showing wrestlers deep in thought with a voice over speaking the whole time. Well at one point, the voice over goes "One day we will die" and Eddie Guererro appears on the screen at the voice over is speaking. Found if kind of creepy.

Oh, and before someone tries to throw a Benoit joke in here somewhere, his video wasn't surreal but was close. He apeared on the screen fairly quickly and when it moved onto the next wrestler, the voice over went "What leagacy will you leave behid?"

The One
10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
The entire point of the sentence was that one day everyone has to die, and yet you find it shocking that the person they showed at that moment has died. Interesting...

JT
10-20-2007, 10:46 PM
The entire point of the sentence was that one day everyone has to die, and yet you find it shocking that the person they showed at that moment has died. Interesting...

Shocking that out of everyone in this video, he was the first to die...yea, a little. Shocking that he died 2-3 years after the making of the video where most probably figured he had another 20 years in him...yea, a little.

Mr. Nerfect
10-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, everyone dies, but I guess "death" and "Eddie Guerrero" do connect a lot more seeing as he was an active member of the WWE roster when he went.

Kane Knight
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I'd b emore creeped out if the WM 23 video featured Chris Benoit wanting to "Hang out" with his family more.
\
...Or if he died on the toilet, leaving a behind legacy.

FourFifty
10-21-2007, 12:18 AM
THIS IS SOMEHOW LINKED TO SAVE_US.222!!!!!
Oh, and they have the same thingie on the Flair DVD btw.

hb2k
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM

Well I think the point is that the video was made before Eddie died...which it was.

DAMN iNATOR
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Kinda reminds me of how people always compare John Denver's “Leaving (On A Jet Plane)” to his death as some sort of something deep inside that maybe knew that was how he would go or something. And I agree that to an extent, such coincidences, or whatever you might call them, can be kind of creepy, but mostly just depressing and very sad/melancholy feeling...:-\ :'(

Savio
10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Remember eddie guerrero died in SVR06 too kinda

Kane Knight
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Kinda reminds me of how people always compare John Denver's “Leaving (On A Jet Plane)” to his death as some sort of something deep inside that maybe knew that was how he would go or something. And I agree that to an extent, such coincidences, or whatever you might call them, can be kind of creepy, but mostly just depressing and very sad/melancholy feeling...:-\ :'(

I suppose.

So many wrestlers have mentioned death though, that it seems more like Tupac.

Tupac had like five songs a record about dying, and considering his life, it was no surprise. But it didn't stop people from thinking it more prophetic because he died.