PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Favorite Wrestlers

The Show Off
10-21-2007, 11:15 PM
This is always a topic that comes about every once in awhile around here. Since I haven't seen it in a bit I decided to throw this topic out there. Who are your 10 favorite wrestlers of all time, and if you care to put it down why they are.

Kris P Lettus
10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
No order:

Sabu
Mick Foley
Scott Hall
Tazz
Jericho
SCSA
The Rock
Rick Flair
Owen Hart
Terry Funk

El Fangel
10-21-2007, 11:58 PM
1) Daniels
2) The Rock
3) Austin
4) Undertaker
5) HHH
6) Mankind
7) Jericho
8) Benoit
9) Kane
10) Edge

The Genius
10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
in no order
raven
jake roberts
jeff hardy
rob van dam
kanyon
sting
jericho
austin
rick rude
sid

FourFifty
10-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Is this thread BDC approved?

The Show Off
10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Is this thread BDC approved?

Not at all.

The One
10-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Shark Boy
Naked Mideon
Some RoH jobber
One of the Dinks
And the rest are too close to call...

((How dare you expect legit answers from a non-BDC approved thread. Seek his approval and then we'll talk...)

El Fangel
10-22-2007, 01:52 PM
:lol: Hey ToVo :wave:

The Show Off
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
1. Brian Pillman
2. Christopher Daniels
3. Chris Jericho
4. Sting
5. Christian Cage
6. Mick Foley
7. Randy Savage
8. Edge
9. Arn Anderson
10. Alex Shelley

FourFifty
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
While this thread is not yet BDC Approved I'd like to plug a thread that is BDC Approved!

The BDC Approved Top Five Moments in JBL’s Carrear. (http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70330)

FourFifty
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Some RoH jobber

I don't know ToVo, some people love their RoH Jobbers... that could be a serious answer.

Zen v.W.o.
10-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Bret Hart
Brian Pillman
Roddy Piper
Owen Hart
British Bulldog
Steve Austin
Edge
Undertaker
Raven
Mr. Perfect

El Fangel
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Some TNA Jobber would go 11th, pick any mid-carder.

Ben Rodrigues
10-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
Kurt Angle
Eddie Guerrero
Raven
Steve Austin
Rob Van Dam
Triple H
Mick Foley
Razor Ramon

BigDaddyCool
10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Top Ten:

Nash
Micheals
HHH
Boogen
Taz
Chavo Jr.
'Taker
JBL
Angle (pre-TNA)
Nash.

Nark Order
10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
1.) Chris Jericho
2.) Christian Cage
3.) Kurt Angle
4.) The Rock
5.) HBK
6.) Edge
7.) Ric Flair
8.) JBL
9.) The Undertaker
10.) Rey Mysterio Jr.

Xero
10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
No Order...

Kurt Angle
Roddy Piper
Steve Austin
Shawn Michaels
Triple H
The Road Warriors (As one)
The Undertaker
Chris Benoit
Raven
Ric Flair

IC Champion
10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
No Order...

Shawn Michaels
Bret Hart
The Rock
Mick Foley
Taz
Chris Jericho
Steve Austin
Kurt Angle

Johnny Vegas
10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Not in a certain order:

The Rock - The guy, in my opinion, was the total package (Sorry Luger). He had the look, charisma, personality, workrate, unique moveset (he could make a regular move look like his own variation), and he could have the crowd in the palm of his hand. And he could sell like NO ONE else could.

DDP - This guy was WAY over, more over than alot of people give him credit for. He could get on the mic, sells good, and his finisher was/is one of my favorites. I loved the "you don't know where it'll come from" gimmick his finisher had. Plus, tbh, the all black with the DDP logo (one of the best logos ever for a wrestler) on the sides with the black tape = :cool:

Sting - WAY over in his prime, still is pretty over but not like he used to be. I loved ALL of the Sting "personas". The best was the Crow Gimmick, which led to one of the most memorable fueds in wrestling history between him and Hollywood, and the coming down from the rafters with that bat was BAD ASS. And no one can tell me different.

SCSA - He brought me to watching the WWF full time, like many others. His realistic persona i think is what got me into him. I hated my boss at the time, didn't give a damn, and just wanted to curse him and everyone that was at my job out. I guess for me, and many others, i could relate to him and WANTED to see him go further. Truly one of the greats. What makes it so bad, the guy was like The Rock; they had limited movesets but made their matches the ones you "couldn't miss".

RVD - He brought me into ECW. One of my friends told me to watch one of his matches and even offered a tape for me. With me tuning into WCW, then WWF on occasions (i took a hiatus from wrestling from about '92-mid '96), i thought to myself, "if the guy is THIS good, why isn't he signed with the big two?" MAN, was i wrong. His matches brought the "ringstyle" approach to looking at wrestling. He was in his own class, no his own LEAGUE and i was soooo mad that he didn't go farther in the WWE right at the peak of that inVasion angle. Nevertheless, the guy is the goods and to not have to say ANYTHING on the mic and still get as over as he was, ECW and WWE, he did something right.

Chris Jericho - I didn't watch him in ECW, but when he was in WCW, he was one of my favorites that was a midcarder at the time. But there was something about his look, charisma, and his Liontamer move that made me tell my friends "watch out fot this dude, he'll be big". The loophole angle he had was such gold...the debut on RAW was big, his undisputed title win was great, but the outcome of it sucked. Jericho would probably be on the level right under, if not, up there with Rock, SCSA, Hogan, etc. if WWE/HHH/2001-2002 didn't hold him down. Did you hear that pop he got when he won the title that was never recorded? This guy is definitely HOF material.

Ric Flair - Man, he made me hate him so much with his arrogance, talking about other wrestler's attire, their looks, etc. That made me respect him ALOT. I just watched some of his historic matches and he would make his opponent look GREAT, while making himself look good. His psychology in the ring was untouched. He could make Katie Vick look good if given the right time frame. Certainly a legend, and to consistently put out night in and night out, he IS one of the greats.

Kurt Angle - He was like an alter-ego to Bret Hart to me. He had EVERYTHING you would want in a wrestler...and he could WRESTLE. Not saying that you HAVE to have that (look at my list lol), but he was in some of the best fueds, best promos, and best matches that the WWE has produced in some years. Tbh, i think him and Bret are so comparible that Angle was the next generation's "Bret Hart". Great heel, great face, great talent, great charisma, and that milk truck RAW was :y:

Booker T/Chris Benoit - It is a tie between them because i just look at how much work, time, and effort they put into their craft(s). The best-of-seven series between these two will forever be in the top 10 of matches. And trust me, there are MANY matches you can choose from to be in that top 10. Booker T, with his unique style of using his legs, is always going to be in my list and his title win at BATB 2000 was right along with the Benoit title win at WM 20. Speaking of him, Benoit really needs no detail. Like Angle, minus the mic work, was all you wanted in a wrestler. He could make an injury he "sustained" during a match look so real that you even question him working or shooting it. From his US title hunt with DDP, to his memorable matches with Angle, Jericho, Rock, HHH, etc., he was 4 REAL. Both are HOF members in my book.

Eddie Guererro - I especially loved his work in WCW (before the lWo) and his work in the WWE. He would always keep you entertained, and i still feel that if he was pushed on the RAW brand, he could've been HUGE internationally. The WWE really dropped the ball on this one, especially considering he overcame so many things to get to that title win he had. I think they should've kept Cena on Smackdown! and put Eddie on RAW. Then move Cena to RAW and have those two fued. That would've been PLATINUM to watch. Eddie could kill in the ring, hardcore, ladder, on the mic, working the crowd, another "everything" man. R.I.P.

Honorable Mentions: Christian, John Cena (pre-superman), Jeff Hardy (only because he hasn't reached his prime just yet), Scott Hall, some more can't think about it

road doggy dogg
10-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Mankind
The Rock
Chris Jericho
STEVE BLACKMAN