PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Sunday could be a turning point

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm not going to order Cyber Sunday. The WWE have done enough to turn me off their product to rule that out as a possibility, but the WWE do have a huge opportunity in front of them.

At Cyber Sunday, the fans get to vote on who challenges Randy Orton for the WWE Championship: Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy or Mr. Kennedy. This is the most likely match to get rigged by the WWE (actually, I'd probably give the nod to the World Heavyweight Title match, but this one is up there), but it is the most critical to keep honest, in my opinion. This is where the direction of the company is ideally being decided.

Let's start with the least likely candidate to win the voting: Mr. Kennedy. If the fans vote for "One-Trick," as KoOS calls him, what they are essentially calling for is something different. The company could job out Kennedy to Orton and pretend nothing happened, but that's just stupid in the long term scheme of things. If Mr. Kennedy wins the voting, he should win the WWE Championship. It's why the fans are voting for him. I don't care how he embarrassed the company (Orton has done far worse), or how overrated you think he is. If the fans want Kennedy in the main event over more established stars, I say give it to them.

The middle option is Jeff Hardy, which is actually looking like a stronger possibility after recent events. Jeff Hardy is already Intercontinental Champion, has never been my favourite wrestler, and is easily the lesser of The Hardys. However, if the fans vote for him at Cyber Sunday, give him the WWE Championship. Have him forfeit the Intercontinental Championship, and have a tournament or something for the belt. If the fans want Jeff Hardy to be WWE Champion, as much as I personally don't think he is the best choice, just fucking do it. See how the kid goes.

And then there is Shawn Michaels. If the fans want to vote for an an older guy, and see him challenge, fine, go with it. Let the fans know the consequences of what they ask for. Shawn Michaels as WWE Champion would be a great thing to a lot of people, though. He is still capable of Match of the Year candidates.

The plan is probably for Randy Orton to retain at Cyber Sunday, but the more and more I think about it, the more and more I think the WWE should just say "Fuck it," and go with what the fans vote for. Why hold an event like this if you aren't going to treat it with some weight? If the fans want Mr. Kennedy, make him the reluctant People's Champion; if the fans want Hardy, finally give them his rise; and if the fans want HBK, let him win the Championship for the first time in almost a decade.

I'm beyond the point of caring about the WWE, at this point, which is why it is easy for me to say this: Compete for my attention, WWE. I don't care if Randy Orton having three short World Title reigns ruins his credibility, as much as a dick as that makes me. The guy is too young to be considered a prime player, anyway. He's still got improvements to make, which can justify the losses.

I think the WWE has three choices at Cyber Sunday. They can either fake the result, and go from there; take the real result, and have Orton retain, rendering the whole thing pointless; or they can take the real result, let the fans feel powerful, and evolve the company through it.

The One
10-23-2007, 10:19 PM
So basically, jobbing out their current champ, no matter who is selected, is the only way for WWE to win back your attention?

Noid, can't you for once have a decent idea...how about this one...Randy Orton is far and away the best heel WWE has at the moment, and it would behoove them to allow their top bad guy to not be pussified with his third short World Title run in as many years...

Avenger
10-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah what the fuck Alienoid?

Having Orton drop the title now is the worst thing the WWE could do.

Kane Knight
10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Orton's been pretty pussified already, TOVO. Sorry. I don't agree with Noid, but that doesn't make Orton look any stronger to me.

Dorkchop
10-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Apparently the voting is real for the PPV. I think WWE just tries to give one guy more mometum going into the PPV so people will vote for him.

I don't really like Orton, but he should get at least a few months with the title.

Lord-Of-Darkness
10-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah I've heard in a few shoots(one by Foley off the top of my head) that Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday votes are real. So like Dorkchop said, they just try to push the guy in front of the fans that they want to be in the match, and hope the fans bite.

DarKCentaur
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
You can still make the fans feel like they have power with Orton retaining the belt. It falls on the performers to make the match memorable. (and the booking sure helps) If Kennedy wins the vote, he can still look like a million bucks without winning, if the WWE (and Orton and Kennedy) allow it. Thus, the fans will feel like he DESERVES another shot.

IC Champion
10-23-2007, 11:13 PM
....Noid, can't you for once have a decent idea...

The One
10-23-2007, 11:17 PM
I think Orton has actually got a really decent chance at making as a very credible Main Eventer for years to come.

IC Champion
10-23-2007, 11:41 PM
I think Orton has actually got a really decent chance at making as a very credible Main Eventer for years to come.
Goes to show how bad the wrestling scene really is.

Jeritron
10-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Interesting. But you can't just throw the title on someone else now, I'm gonna have to agree with people on that. You gotta keep the belt credible. It was vacated, and then awarded to a wrestler. Then it changed hands twice in three defenses in one night. That was less than a month ago.
You have someone from the uppermidcad scene or a recently returned wrestler show up and snag the belt 3 weeks later...and you're entering WCW 2000 territory.

Like it or not, I think Orton should keep the belt for a while. Even through the winter. I'm not a big fan of him, but they could use a heel title run on Raw that lasts more than a couple weeks. Even up through mania wouldn't be bad, as long as they can shape him into a dominant heel for someone to go over (besides HHH or HBK) preferably Jericho or Kennedy or someone fresh to recieve that rub.

In any event, I hope Jeff Hardy gets the nod. He won't even if he wins, but it'd be nice to see him get a PPV title match. It'd be the first and probably the only.

Destor
10-24-2007, 02:16 AM
MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!

Mercury Bullet
10-24-2007, 02:17 AM
There's no way Orton can drop the title yet.

Not happening.

And Cyber Sunday will not be a turning point. Cyber Sunday is just a filler PPV to generate some revenue.

What, of significance, is going on according to the card thus far? Hmm? Nothing. Cyber Sunday is shaping up to be just another below average show. I will say, sometime in the near future a "turning point" or something of sorts should be coming to get things heading in the right (or just a better) direction. BUT, not happening now. We are in the Orton Transitional Era. Known from here on out as the "OTE", which followed the previous era, known as "C-Rot", short for "Cena's Reign of Terror".

Destor
10-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Seriously though I'm on the fence here. On one hand fuck Orton, on the other Orton sucks.

I just dunno...

Jeritron
10-24-2007, 02:25 AM
I want Saveus.222 to be Reymon14

darkpower
10-24-2007, 02:29 AM
I would say, have Orton retain the title whoever it is at CS, BUT need to cheat to do it (have it be a long match, and then Orton "escape" by getting himself DQed, that way he loses but keeps the title, or have him use some brass knucks or something while the ref is distracted with something). That would do three things: give Orton more time with the title to not have the title lose crediability, would make someone else be able to give Orton such a hard time that he has to cheat to win (thereby giving said person more crediability as a main eventer), and finally, give the WWE a feud to work with into Survivor Series. They could do a WHOLE lot with that match in one fell swoop.

Which would be the most logical, which means that the WWE wil NEVER do that.

darkpower
10-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Noid, can't you for once have a decent idea..

What, like having Supercena come in and make it a triple threat match (HE HAS ONCE AGAIN BEATEN THE ODDS!!)?!

Sorry, Tovo, but I think you're in the wrong to criticize him here (he has more decent ideas than anything the WWE has come up with in the past few years).

Jeritron
10-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I don't know about that. If you break down what was proposed, he's basically in favor of the fans choosing who wins the WWE title, not who the challenger is. And he wants the title taken off of Orton 3 weeks in.
Neither of which is a good idea from any standpoint.

darkpower
10-24-2007, 02:46 AM
I don't know about that. If you break down what was proposed, he's basically in favor of the fans choosing who wins the WWE title, not who the challenger is. And he wants the title taken off of Orton 3 weeks in.
Neither of which is a good idea from any standpoint.

Well, in that sense I disagree, unless we consider what happened the last time Orton had a main event title on him (which I don't think will matter here).

Still, I'm in favor of someone getting THAT close and them winning the MATCH by a DQ or something, and in favor of the WWE trying something different.

Besides, a 3 week title run....we had a LOT of those with Russo writing, did we?

Jeritron
10-24-2007, 02:52 AM
I think Orton is mediocre myself. You won't get any arguments from me there. But he should stay champion at least for a little while. He was built tremendously over the summer and just got the belt. It's not about his credibility or a want for him to be champ, it's about the belt.

And you can't really blame him for the first title run. That's a different issue.

.44 Magdalene
10-24-2007, 07:45 AM
There's alot of things here I disagree with.

First off, let me say that I hate Orton--not in a "OMG HEEL HEAT" way, but in a stereotypical X-Pac way. Aside from an occassional funny accident or goofy facial expression, he comes off as completely mediocre to me. He's a decent wrestler, but not even really gooood. He's like, just under the bar. Sometimes he hits amazing RKO spots; sometimes he misses the whole fucking move. He's shabby on the mic. Sometimes he has his moments, but usually, it's sub par. He's got a body on him, but it's not a really intimidating physique; it's just... large. He's built like a simian of some kind.

Also, his shit-eating smirk reminds me of my little brother. Anyway.

I hate it that he's getting pushed, despite all this. Yes, Ken Kennedy is mediocre. Yes, Shelton Benjamin is mediocre. Yes, John Morrison is mediocre. Yes, Carlito is mediocre. I've heard the song and dance about overrated every up and coming star is, but if you put them in a line, Randy Orton slowly floats to the bottom of the ranks. He's among the least impressive of guys that could be big someday.

Fact is, though, he's got the belt, and it would be shitty if he just dropped it. I wish the WWE would have never slapped it on him to begin with, but now that they've painted themselves into a corner, there's nothing left to do but stand there and wait for the paint to dry.

Also, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I like Jeff Hardy more than Matt. It wasn't this way a long time ago, but ever since the Edge/Lita/Matt incident, I think Matt got jobbed out too hard to recover from it. I don't know, maybe I missed something... but I'm confused every time someone says Matt's the more credible Hardy, especially when it's "by far" or "easily." Yeah, Matt's a better wrestler and is better on the stick, but I can't see him as being more credible, and I don't think he's ever been more over (except at times when Jeff wasn't actually on the roster). That's all my opinion, though.

Jeritron
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Jeff will be a world champion long before Matt ever will.

Granted thats like saying a Big Foot will run in here and raid my fridge before a Vampire does.

Mr. Nerfect
10-24-2007, 10:17 AM
So basically, jobbing out their current champ, no matter who is selected, is the only way for WWE to win back your attention?

Noid, can't you for once have a decent idea...how about this one...Randy Orton is far and away the best heel WWE has at the moment, and it would behoove them to allow their top bad guy to not be pussified with his third short World Title run in as many years...

Randy Orton is boring as shit, and no one gives a fuck about him. I honestly don't give a shit if he has a short third run. Fuck him, the cunt should be suspended, anyway.

At least with Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy or Mr. Kennedy you have something better than Orton.

Mr. Nerfect
10-24-2007, 10:28 AM
There's alot of things here I disagree with.

First off, let me say that I hate Orton--not in a "OMG HEEL HEAT" way, but in a stereotypical X-Pac way. Aside from an occassional funny accident or goofy facial expression, he comes off as completely mediocre to me. He's a decent wrestler, but not even really gooood. He's like, just under the bar. Sometimes he hits amazing RKO spots; sometimes he misses the whole fucking move. He's shabby on the mic. Sometimes he has his moments, but usually, it's sub par. He's got a body on him, but it's not a really intimidating physique; it's just... large. He's built like a simian of some kind.

Also, his shit-eating smirk reminds me of my little brother. Anyway.

I hate it that he's getting pushed, despite all this. Yes, Ken Kennedy is mediocre. Yes, Shelton Benjamin is mediocre. Yes, John Morrison is mediocre. Yes, Carlito is mediocre. I've heard the song and dance about overrated every up and coming star is, but if you put them in a line, Randy Orton slowly floats to the bottom of the ranks. He's among the least impressive of guys that could be big someday.

Fact is, though, he's got the belt, and it would be shitty if he just dropped it. I wish the WWE would have never slapped it on him to begin with, but now that they've painted themselves into a corner, there's nothing left to do but stand there and wait for the paint to dry.

Also, I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I like Jeff Hardy more than Matt. It wasn't this way a long time ago, but ever since the Edge/Lita/Matt incident, I think Matt got jobbed out too hard to recover from it. I don't know, maybe I missed something... but I'm confused every time someone says Matt's the more credible Hardy, especially when it's "by far" or "easily." Yeah, Matt's a better wrestler and is better on the stick, but I can't see him as being more credible, and I don't think he's ever been more over (except at times when Jeff wasn't actually on the roster). That's all my opinion, though.

I'm going to respond to your post because it was intelligent.

For one, I don't see why the WWE can't have Orton lose the Championship. Because he just won it? Boo-hoo, Orton has a short reign. Chances are it would go nowhere, anywho. It's filler for the point of filler, and there are some that believe that even shitty Champions should have eight month long title reigns, or whatever, but I don't buy that. There are many ways to determine who the World Champion should be. One is to make it the best wrestler, the other is to make it the best guy for business. Randy Orton is neither.

Three short reigns for Orton could actually work, too. You can have Triple H, or someone, make fun of him for not being able to keep it, and bam...feud. When it comes time for his fourth reign (when he's stopped acting like a dick and a liability), then Randy Orton may be ready for a long run. I don't want him to get it just for the sake of it.

Also, I don't recall saying Matt Hardy was more credible. I just said he was better. He's ahead of Jeff in every department, besides pot-smoking and diving off ladders. Personally, I would argue he is more credible. He has a better look, better ring skills, he's a better talker, he's more charismatic (see his Mattitude character), and he's just a little bigger than Jeff to the point where his size makes him look like he can do some damage.

That being said, it does seem that as soon as Matt Hardy pulls in front of Jeff (rightfully, in my opinion), Jeff gets something handed to him that completely washes away Matt's achievement. It's kind of funny that Matt Hardy is chasing his first United States Title, meanwhile Jeff Hardy is in his fourth IC Title reign. I'm still holding out on Matt Hardy as World Champion first, however. I'm warming up to the idea of Jeff doing the same, though. I think the Hardy that gets there first will open the door for his brother. If Matt can become a World Champion, Jeff probably will, and vice versa.

For the most part, I think the WWE realises this, and I think they know that they have two (relative) stars on their hands, to help out on the understaffing problem. I've always liked Matt better, though.

Mr. Nerfect
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
There's no way Orton can drop the title yet.

Not happening.

And Cyber Sunday will not be a turning point. Cyber Sunday is just a filler PPV to generate some revenue.

What, of significance, is going on according to the card thus far? Hmm? Nothing. Cyber Sunday is shaping up to be just another below average show. I will say, sometime in the near future a "turning point" or something of sorts should be coming to get things heading in the right (or just a better) direction. BUT, not happening now. We are in the Orton Transitional Era. Known from here on out as the "OTE", which followed the previous era, known as "C-Rot", short for "Cena's Reign of Terror".

I liked your post, too.

I disagree that Orton cannot drop the title. It is very easy to have Orton drop the title. It won't happen, but I'd prefer it much more to Orton retaining. Where does that get us?

Cyber Sunday will be filler. I'm saying that it shouldn't be. I'm just picturing a moment where Mr. Kennedy gets the fans vote, and cuts a promo saying he doesn't give a damn about the fans, but he does care about the WWE Championship. He goes out there, the reluctant People's Champion, defeats Randy Orton, and as he closes the show "Your new World Wrestling Entertainment Champion...MIIIIIIISSSSSSSTTTTTEEEERRRRR..." "John F. Ken Kennedy...would you please....please....SHUT THE HELL UP!"

That's the direction I want to see the WWE go in. Not fucking Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Umaga in a boredom on a pole match.

.44 Magdalene
10-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm going to respond to your post because it was intelligent.

Hot diggity damn.

...I don't want him to get it just for the sake of it.

The problem is, though, that if he drops the title immediately... then that's what he just did. He picked up the belt for sake of picking it up. Now WWE's forced to make him run with it, and actually do something with the reign, lest it come off as a worthless way to add another rank on Randy's list of accomplishments. If they have him drop the belt, it's going to look like the writers are flailing--they don't know what they're doing, and the belt turns into a hot potato. Not that the writers' credibility is a good defense for the title reign--the overall storyline has to be considered. Again, if Randy drops the belt now, it'll have made the initial win totally pointless. They've already put the belt on him, it'd be a waste to have him lose it. They might as well milk what little they can out of the fact that Orton's now champion. I'm sure they can think of something relevant.

Also, I don't recall saying Matt Hardy was more credible. I just said he was better. He's ahead of Jeff in every department, besides pot-smoking and diving off ladders. Personally, I would argue he is more credible. He has a better look, better ring skills, he's a better talker, he's more charismatic (see his Mattitude character), and he's just a little bigger than Jeff to the point where his size makes him look like he can do some damage.

Matt's jobbed like it's going out of style since the Mattitude era, though. Again, I feel like the Edge/Lita angle was where it went downhill--Matt came back hotter than curly fries, only to get totally stomped out by Edge's rise to the main event. From there, it was a long, painful ride down the Smackdown ladder. Yeah, he's made a recovery more recently, but it's hard to see him as anything greater than lower midcard after getting worked over so many times. He has some sort of... jobber taint on him. Every time I watch a Matt Hardy match, I expect him to lose any minute. Yeah, he makes a wonderful underdog that way, but I can't see him being champion without rehashing Rey Mysterio's reign.

Jeff Hardy's had his down periods, but he's been a pretty consistent midcard/upper midcard guy. He's never gotten huge wins, but he has had some pretty close calls against main event guys. Is he less talented? Hell yes. He's never reached that rock bottom of jobberdom that Matt has, though.

That being said, it does seem that as soon as Matt Hardy pulls in front of Jeff (rightfully, in my opinion), Jeff gets something handed to him that completely washes away Matt's achievement. It's kind of funny that Matt Hardy is chasing his first United States Title, meanwhile Jeff Hardy is in his fourth IC Title reign. I'm still holding out on Matt Hardy as World Champion first, however. I'm warming up to the idea of Jeff doing the same, though. I think the Hardy that gets there first will open the door for his brother. If Matt can become a World Champion, Jeff probably will, and vice versa.

For the most part, I think the WWE realises this, and I think they know that they have two (relative) stars on their hands, to help out on the understaffing problem. I've always liked Matt better, though.

I'm fully expecting that if, by some bizarre crack writing, one of the Hardies actually gets the big belt... the other Hardy is going to feud with him. Whether Matt'll chase Jeff or Jeff'll chase Matt, it'll probably roll on until someone more credible comes back from injury and ruins the whole fucking angle (Batista winning the David vs Goliath setup that he had nothing to do with, for a recent example. Actually, I'd put money down that Batista would be the guy to fuck it up).

Rarely do either of the Hardy boys get a solid push without some sort of crisis occuring, though. If enough top guys get injured, then yeah, I could see one of them becoming champion. You'd have to go through a pretty fat list of jacked up, talentless shitheads before they dropped the belt on a Hardy, though. I mean, look at the Cyber Sunday poll: Is there a Hardy on it because the WWE's got a thing for them, or because there's nobody the fuck else to run for it? You know the poll options would be Cena, HHH, and Shawn Michaels, if God weren't so easily amused by optimism.

Mercury Bullet
10-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Umaga in a boredom on a pole match.

:drool:

That would be SICK!

:shifty:

Kane Knight
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Matt's jobbed like it's going out of style since the Mattitude era, though. Again, I feel like the Edge/Lita angle was where it went downhill--Matt came back hotter than curly fries, only to get totally stomped out by Edge's rise to the main event. From there, it was a long, painful ride down the Smackdown ladder. Yeah, he's made a recovery more recently, but it's hard to see him as anything greater than lower midcard after getting worked over so many times. He has some sort of... jobber taint on him. Every time I watch a Matt Hardy match, I expect him to lose any minute. Yeah, he makes a wonderful underdog that way, but I can't see him being champion without rehashing Rey Mysterio's reign.

The fans get behind him, though, and being a jobber isn't inescapable.

Of course, Jeff is the proper Hardy to put on top, with the glaring exception of his reliability. Matt doesn't no-show dates, he's not a massive stoner (I don't know or care if he smokes shit, but....), and Jeff does. And is.

I'd never put Jeff anywhere near the title scene, because he's a fucking flake, and the minute he decides he'd rather get high, he stops giving a fuck.

In fact, if I were WWE, I'd have a policy on substance abuse if for no other reason than the druggies (RVD, Hardy) and the Alcies (Austin) are the ones who seem most prone to let you down. You want a push? You'd damned well better be clean.

...Of course, 'roids would be allowed. for "medicinal" purposes.

But Jeff? Jeff will always be the over Hardy. That's life. Matt will always be the more reliable, lesser Hardy. And I'm fine with that. I like Matt better, but that's because I'm not a drug addicted tweeny. I've also made peace with the fact that he's not the next main eventer. Probably also because I don't play around with drugs.

.44 Magdalene
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
In retrospect, Jeff and RVD could have been an amazing tagteam. I mean, they'd get that "return from a long hiatus" pop every couple of months... the explosive reactions would never end!

Tommy Gunn
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I hope the majority vote for either Jeff or Kennedy. HBK can get a shot anytime he wants, wheras Jeff and Kennedy could both use the rub of a title opportunity and have them almost win. Have them kill Orton towards the end of the match and then have a missed spot followed by Orton winning with a roll-up.

I'll be watching Cyber Sunday for Matt vs. MVP. It's been a long time since I've seen a feud that has actual chemistry, and it's remarkable that WWE haven't dropped the ball with these two. They've let it slowly develop week by week which is rare for them these days. I can't wait for the eventual US Title match as the pay-off to this fantastic feud. I hope Matt wins the US title at Survivor Series, then MVP can move in to the Heavyweight Title picture, then next year Matt and MVP can feud for the top belt. I can dream I guess...

Fox
10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Whatever happens, Orton retains the title. I don't think anyone has ever lost the title in a Cyber Sunday match anyway. They know what they're doing.

Chances are, Orton retans, Jericho shows up as a face and feuds with him.

Mr. Nerfect
10-25-2007, 04:26 AM
Hot diggity damn.

The problem is, though, that if he drops the title immediately... then that's what he just did. He picked up the belt for sake of picking it up. Now WWE's forced to make him run with it, and actually do something with the reign, lest it come off as a worthless way to add another rank on Randy's list of accomplishments. If they have him drop the belt, it's going to look like the writers are flailing--they don't know what they're doing, and the belt turns into a hot potato. Not that the writers' credibility is a good defense for the title reign--the overall storyline has to be considered. Again, if Randy drops the belt now, it'll have made the initial win totally pointless. They've already put the belt on him, it'd be a waste to have him lose it. They might as well milk what little they can out of the fact that Orton's now champion. I'm sure they can think of something relevant.

Jeff Hardy's had his down periods, but he's been a pretty consistent midcard/upper midcard guy. He's never gotten huge wins, but he has had some pretty close calls against main event guys. Is he less talented? Hell yes. He's never reached that rock bottom of jobberdom that Matt has, though.

I'm fully expecting that if, by some bizarre crack writing, one of the Hardies actually gets the big belt... the other Hardy is going to feud with him. Whether Matt'll chase Jeff or Jeff'll chase Matt, it'll probably roll on until someone more credible comes back from injury and ruins the whole fucking angle (Batista winning the David vs Goliath setup that he had nothing to do with, for a recent example. Actually, I'd put money down that Batista would be the guy to fuck it up).

Rarely do either of the Hardy boys get a solid push without some sort of crisis occuring, though. If enough top guys get injured, then yeah, I could see one of them becoming champion. You'd have to go through a pretty fat list of jacked up, talentless shitheads before they dropped the belt on a Hardy, though. I mean, look at the Cyber Sunday poll: Is there a Hardy on it because the WWE's got a thing for them, or because there's nobody the fuck else to run for it? You know the poll options would be Cena, HHH, and Shawn Michaels, if God weren't so easily amused by optimism.

It's a fair point that if Orton loses the belt now, it goes down as nothing, but basically it comes down to having a shitty car, and deciding whether or not to pay for it to become road worthy, or just writing it off before you throw too much money into it and it becomes a write-off. Personally, I'd go safe with Randy Orton, but I guess you'd feel more comfortable with sorry. I certainly wouldn't go with "Randy Orton goes over everyone to look like a dominant heel, though." The guy is far too unreliable for that treatment. Yeah, he's been around since 2002, but there is still a chance of Brock Lesnaring him. Give him too strong a push, and then he fucks you over, and then what?

Also, I actually disagree with you on the Matt being the jobber thing. I actually think Matt wins more than Jeff. I'm too lazy to actually check that up, but the guy gets some pretty consistent victories on SmackDown!. Jeff Hardy often finds himself squashed by giants to put them over (well, once against Mark Henry). Jeff Hardy still dresses like he used to, and comes out to the same music, and if I had to call one of them more jobber-like, I think it would be Jeff, just because he reminds me more of his tag team days.

I agree with you on The Hardys feuding. I think that is something Vince wants to do, we just haven't heard about it yet. A Jeff Hardy vs. jealous Matt Hardy feud could be pretty cool. Especially if Matt Hardy is allowed to show some personality.

KK also makes a great point about Jeff Hardy's reliability. The guy can go out there and put on a good show, but he can also stink up the place. Then there is his behaviour and wellness issues. Once again, it comes down to safe or sorry, with Matt Hardy being safe, and Jeff Hardy being the bigger risk of the two.

darkpower
10-25-2007, 04:30 AM
I think what the 'Noid is trying to say is make Orton a transitional champion (I think that's the term you were trying to use here, 'Noid) so a face (assuming Kennedy would be the face if he is chosen) could win it from a heel instead of another face.

That, and Orton is a cocksucker that can't wrestle for shit.

Mr. JL
10-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I believe it is pretty clear that the main event is going to be Randy Orton versus Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship. For one the WWE have booked Shawn Michaels constantly getting the upper hand over the champion Randy Orton. Add to the fact that Orton put Shawn Michaels out (kayfabe-wise) for months with a 'concussion' and now Michaels has recently returned ...

There needs to be a blow-off match to end this feud.

BigDaddyCool
10-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Cyber Sunday could be a turning point. They could have Orton win over HBK as planned in a good mainevent and then start having good writing for once. With intruging plot twist sprinkled here and there to keep us guessing what is going to happen. Jericho could pop out and beat someone up and start looking for the title right away or take out a ton of enemies.

Then again, Smackdown could have been a turning point. Hell, ECW could have been a turning point. But the fact is none of it was a turning point and neither will Cyber Sunday, it will be suck ass business as usual.

SammyG
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
MAKE IT OR BREAK IT!
Damnit