PDA

View Full Version : -> The Rockers (WWF Tag Champs)

cnut
10-25-2007, 09:38 PM
So is it confirmed that the new upcoming HBK 3-dvd disc set will finally include the long covered up title win for Jannetty and Michaels?

IIRC, the match took place in late 1990 against Neidhart and Hart (2 out of 3 falls), but was cut out of the broadcast when NBC asked the WWF at short notice for a 60-minute 'The Main Event' show instead of a (originally intended) 90-minute 'Saturday Night's Main Event' broadcast.

Apparently the Rockers went on to defend the tag titles a few times (notably against Hercules and Roma) before Jim Neidhart (recently fired, with Bret Hart going solo) was rehired, but McMahon put the titles back on the Hart Foundation due to the NBC decision not to air the match. The retrospective excuse given after the matter was that a rope came loose mid-match, making the title change null-and-void.

The WWF then changed their minds again in 1995 and decided to recognize the Rockers as former tag champs, before changing their minds again and burying any mention of this fact (until now?).

Kane Knight
10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Hey, did you know your SN is an anagram for "cunt?"

cnut
10-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey, did you know your SN is an anagram for "cunt?"

That's the plan. When arguing in forums it helps weed out the unimaginative dolts who jump to use it as a first port of call for insult fodder.

(We're not arguing, so everything's cool. :) )

mrslackalack
10-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Cant wait to see this match

Savio
10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey....I thought you used to have alot of post cnut what happened to them?

cnut
10-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Hey....I thought you used to have alot of post cnut what happened to them?

McMahon screwed me out of the rest of 'em! But seriously though, I think it's a case of mistaken identity.

Dave Youell
10-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Back on topic, I want to see that match, i've heard lots about it

RP
10-26-2007, 02:25 PM
That's the plan. When arguing in forums it helps weed out the unimaginative dolts who jump to use it as a first port of call for insult fodder.

(We're not arguing, so everything's cool. :) )

ROFL

Kane Knight was clearly destroyed here.

cnut
11-16-2007, 07:14 AM
According to mrslackalack, the Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers match on the new HBK dvd is indeed the hushed-up 2-out-of-3 pinfalls title change match!

It's disappointing that they apparently deleted the McMahon/Piper play-by-play from the original recording. Still, finally seeing this infamous match (in edited form) is better than not getting it at all I guess.

Rob
11-17-2007, 06:03 AM
I agree. I wanted to see The Rockers as champs when I was a kid so although it's nearly 22 years late, it will still be cool seeing it.