PDA

View Full Version : I want a CM Punk/Jeff Hardy fued now...

Jeritron
11-02-2007, 03:30 AM
...whether it be for the IC title on Raw, or the ECW title on ECW.

This fued, in either case, would be excellent for both parties.
Please use it as an excuse to turn Punk into the arrogant straight edge heel combatting Jeff for his past history as an abuser.
And with Jeff as as hot of a face as he is, this could be gold.
I think it'd be awesome if it actually transcended both shows and was over both titles, possibly culminating in a mania match, of the ladder varietyyy..?

Thoughts.I think this fued would be one of the few good things WWE could offer right now.

addy2hotty
11-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Dunno what it'd achieve really. Hardy is way more over than Punk and is at that level above IC now (imo). Punk won't be turned heel as for some reason, he's viewed as the only thing that ECW has going for itself.

If anything, Punk could have a few good matches with Chavo on SD/ECW. Perhaps even make a good Cruiserweight champ.

Main eventer? No.

Joesgonnakillyou
11-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Dunno what it'd achieve really. Hardy is way more over than Punk and is at that level above IC now (imo). Punk won't be turned heel as for some reason, he's viewed as the only thing that ECW has going for itself.

If anything, Punk could have a few good matches with Chavo on SD/ECW. Perhaps even make a good Cruiserweight champ.

Main eventer? No.

I was content lurking while i was bored at work, you made me sign in just so i can give you this message:

fuck you

Joesgonnakillyou
11-02-2007, 08:25 AM
shit, i haven't logged in for 2 years or something. i forgot i had that avater

Kane Knight
11-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Pot smoker vs Heroin addict?

addy2hotty
11-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I was content lurking while i was bored at work, you made me sign in just so i can give you this message:

fuck you

I'm glad I made your day.

Still doesn't change the fact - Punk - Midcard for life.

BigDaddyCool
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
It isn't a bad idea. The two would probably work well together. They could do a lot worse than that kind of fued.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2007, 02:01 AM
It's not a bad idea. I think you can get a better representative of the lifestyle Punk fights against than Jeff Hardy, though. If Punk were going to turn heel, I'd love to see him kick the crap out of Stone Cold Steve Austin. As for an actual wrestling feud (as Austin's neck is fucked), I think Tommy Dreamer would actually make the most sense. They're both on ECW, Dreamer represents the marijuana-smoking ECW of past, and Punk represents the newer, cleaner wave. Dreamer is pretty over, and his work since returning has actually been really good.

Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm really interested in an Edge vs. CM Punk feud. Edge was suspended for steroids, so all you need to do is have Punk make some remarks about that, and Edge's promiscuous lifestyle, and he and Edge can just go. It'd be pretty fun.

Hanso Amore
11-05-2007, 05:27 AM
I love how Punk should fued with every single person that drinks/smokes/does drugs. If he is so sweet, how come that is just about the only angle he can do, over and over.

Kane Knight
11-05-2007, 09:34 AM
It's not a bad idea. I think you can get a better representative of the lifestyle Punk fights against than Jeff Hardy, though. If Punk were going to turn heel, I'd love to see him kick the crap out of Stone Cold Steve Austin. As for an actual wrestling feud (as Austin's neck is fucked), I think Tommy Dreamer would actually make the most sense. They're both on ECW, Dreamer represents the marijuana-smoking ECW of past, and Punk represents the newer, cleaner wave. Dreamer is pretty over, and his work since returning has actually been really good.

Although, to be perfectly honest, I'm really interested in an Edge vs. CM Punk feud. Edge was suspended for steroids, so all you need to do is have Punk make some remarks about that, and Edge's promiscuous lifestyle, and he and Edge can just go. It'd be pretty fun.

At least beer you can address on TV.

These days, with the controversy over drugs and steroids, WWE would have to be more retarded than ever to think it was a good idea to put Jeff's "lifestyle" on display.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
I love how Punk should fued with every single person that drinks/smokes/does drugs. If he is so sweet, how come that is just about the only angle he can do, over and over.

It's just the type of angle people want to see. Punk lives a lifestyle, and that character clashes with a lot of other really marketable stars. It's not like it's the only feud Punk can have.

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM
At least beer you can address on TV.

These days, with the controversy over drugs and steroids, WWE would have to be more retarded than ever to think it was a good idea to put Jeff's "lifestyle" on display.

Exactly. What you won't agree with is my next suggestion, but I would honestly mark out if the following happened, and I don't really give a shit about anyone else:

Batista and The Undertaker are scheduled to have a Hell in a Cell Match at Survivor Series, and personally, I think they should have Stone Cold Steve Austin referee the match again. It gets Austin on the show, which can boost buys a little, as people do still care about Stone Cold, and it fits the storyline. Not only did he officiate the match at Cyber Sunday, but the Hell in a Cell Match once required a Special Guest Referee because every signed official wanted no part of the match.

Anyway, it has been done before, and it was probably pretty stupid then, but I want to see it happen again, dammit. Austin somehow declares himself the winner of the match, and the new World Heavyweight Champion. Fans would mark out, because Austin is a World Champion again, and smarks would be at least somewhat interested because it's not Batista or The Undertaker, and the move appears to make no sense, as Austin cannot wrestle.

There are a lot of traditionalists who would have a cry at a World Title being put on a non-active wrestler, but to them I point out Tovo's theory of Titles, and that the World Heavyweight Championship does not actually exist. As long as the WWE has its main World Championship on an active wrestler, things should be fine. It's not like it's a Vince Russo, David Arquette or Pacman Jones, either. It's Stone Cold Steve Austin. He could make it work.

Anyway, just have Austin show up on SmackDown! and ECW each week, just to help them out in the ratings department. Basically he walks around with the big gold belt (which he would be holding for the first time), and just interjects himself wherever he feels like it. To explain why he doesn't defend the belt, you could just point out that he is under a WWE Films contract, and not a WWE Superstars contract, so Vince cannot book him into matches with Austin's consent. Basically Austin holds the Championship to taunt Vince. Batista and The Undertaker of course want a title shot, but they can't get it.

This can allow MVP to step up as the top heel on the SmackDown! brand, temporarily. Well, he can step up alongside Edge. The United States Championship is a credible belt, and is Tovo recognised, so it can technically be the top prize for the brand for a while. You can even place it above the World Heavyweight Championship on the SmackDown! Superstars page, as mind games Vince is playing with Austin to get him to defend the belt.

Elevating the US Title allows MVP and Matt Hardy to insert themselves into the main event scene, but then you can also have CM Punk confront Stone Cold Steve Austin, and claim to be a real World Champion, not afraid of competition. The ECW Championship becomes an unofficial World Championship on SmackDown!, with Punk making more and more appearances to the point where he becomes a constant. He constantly rips into Austin for his lifestyle, and for disrespecting the World Heavyweight Championship by not defending it. Austin's retort is that he's Stone Cold Steve Austin, can do what he feels like, and he's actually raising the prestige of the belt by just holding, because he is actually a star unlike most of the clowns holding titles today.

Anyway, the tension of course builds, and we get Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk at WrestleMania 24 for both the World Heavyweight Championship and ECW Championship. Austin's neck is pretty fucked up, but so is Kurt Angle's, and he goes out there pretty much every night and flips onto it. Austin and Punk could work a match which is used to elevate CM Punk, and gives him the big win over Stone Cold Steve Austin, and allows him to unify the ECW Championship with the World Heavyweight Championship, and then the ECW and SmackDown! brands can be merged into one, or at least have one World Heavyweight Champion to share between them.

I'm not really sure it's a good idea given Austin's current shape, but in a perfect world, this is the feud that I think would make SmackDown! and ECW worth watching. Especially if the two can deliver a classic at WrestleMania 24.

The One
11-05-2007, 10:12 PM
UH, there is no ECW Championship bro.

But Jeff Hardy has been money lately. He's been one of the best things in the entire WWE in recent months. Plus I'm a personal mark for Punk, so I'd like to see the two feud. Make it a duel brand feud that spans both RAW and ECW. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
11-06-2007, 02:36 AM
I still like Matt Hardy better than Jeff Hardy, and maintain that he has been better. His shit with MVP has been fantastic. Jeff Hardy has not been horrible, but this newfound love for him has me a little miffed, though.