PDA

View Full Version : Roids and Baseball...

VonErich Lives
03-05-2004, 08:48 AM
So, players have been named.

Bonds, Scheffield, Giambi and a few others.

Giambi is like 20-40lbs less then last year...

I wonder how steinbrenner feels that he's gaurenteed this guy all those millions and this year he's going to hit like 20-30hr's if he's lucky.

Now everyones looking at people and their bodies... Look at whats happened with Bagwells arms the last few years, smaller and smaller... says he just can't handle the weights in his old age.

Bonds clearly looks like a Linebacker or Lineman, where he used to be a WR.

I'm also waiting to hear about pitchers... it can't just be hitters.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
03-06-2004, 12:43 PM
I dont see why pitchers would take roids, being jacked as a pitcher isnt really a good thing

Rob
03-06-2004, 12:48 PM
Why not? They need that extra strength too. And thing do get passed around the locker rooms.

YOUR Hero
03-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Fastballs of 127 MPH, I can see it now.

VonErich Lives
03-06-2004, 03:48 PM
yeah, muscles help pitchers, stronger arms, bigger legs, the only name I've heard "throw out" is Clemens due to his size, but he's always been a big texas boy, and I think one summer they watched his offseason training which included punching into a barrel of grain or something to strengthn his arm.

I think if there are pitchers, it's probably guys who were ok pitchers who pitch good/great.

In the case of bonds, w/o roids, he still would have been a HOF player, I mean, just look at his stats with Pittsburg.

The Outlaw
03-07-2004, 04:38 AM
:sleep:

Actually tired of hearing about it...

Rob
03-07-2004, 08:45 AM
You won't be when baseball players start dropping like flies just like pro wrestlers and cyclists.

VonErich Lives
03-07-2004, 10:11 AM
You won't be when baseball players start dropping like flies just like pro wrestlers and cyclists.

I don't think they will... Most the wrestlers who have died are from the older days or roids, today they have things to such a science there are little more no side effects, it's not like Alzado who got cancer because of roids.

That being said, when players like Giambi have there production drop...

Rob
03-07-2004, 12:13 PM
Sorry but you are 100% wrong. HGH and roids both are taken to build up body muscle. The heart is a body muscle. That is simple science pal. If there were no side effects, everyone would be taking them.

YOUR Hero
03-07-2004, 12:14 PM
Yeah sure VEL and when 'nutra-sweet' first came out it was called a wonder product wioth no downside. The effects aren't always something that can be cataloged right away.

Kane Knight
03-07-2004, 12:32 PM

Better to burn out or fade away?

Seems harsh, but a lot of people seem willing to risk the potentials to become better performers, and a lot of fans seem to like home run streaks and whatnot.

Granted, they haven't seen a lot of baseball players drop from roid complications yet, so maybe that'll change...

Kane Knight
03-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Sorry but you are 100% wrong. HGH and roids both are taken to build up body muscle. The heart is a body muscle. That is simple science pal. If there were no side effects, everyone would be taking them.

A little misinformation can go a long way.

The newer breeds of steroids have fewer side effects. Somewhere along the line, people have taken "fewer side effects" to mean "healthy for use and abuse."

Steroids are not intended to be used in this fashion, which means, already, you're exposing yourself to more side effects than the "safe," regulated uses...

...And they're not without side effects, and most of these products weren't originally designed with longterm effects in mind. Which brings me to hero's comments, and there you have it.