PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Series match announce on WWE.com

JT
11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
sources: WWE.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- WWE just announced on their website that Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio & Kane will face Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Finlay & Big Daddy V in a traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match. Click here for more details on the match.

Not sure what to think about this one. On one hand you have a number of people in this match that would make great as singles matches, leaving the rest of the card to possibly being quite boring. On the other hand, it gives a extra life to feuds that are on their way out (HHH/Umanga) and prevents other feuds from popping just yet (Matt/MVP).

Inadequacy
11-05-2007, 06:18 PM
(Matt) Hardy and MVP should have been on the same team, boo

SammyG
11-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Wow that looks like a terrible match.

RP
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I wish they'd just go back to making the whole PPV traditional and then have the survivors face eachother at the end.

Stickman
11-05-2007, 06:29 PM
looks awful

addy2hotty
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Why is Kane in this match, other than to be eliminated first?

Inadequacy
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I think he's sort of feuding with Big Daddy V or whatever

JT
11-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Why is Kane in this match, other than to be eliminated first?

I believe he is feuding with Big V now

EDIT: Inadequacy beat me to it.

addy2hotty
11-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Good god, poor Glen Jacobs.

Lock Jaw
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
(Matt) Hardy and MVP should have been on the same team, boo

Yeah, would have been interesting seeing Matt alone on a team of heels who are going up against a team that has his brother.

JT
11-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, would have been interesting seeing Matt alone on a team of heels who are going up against a team that has his brother.

Ummm...I think he ment the other team. :y:

JT
11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
PS: If it was suppose to be a joke...I didn't catch it well enough.

Lock Jaw
11-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Ummm...I think he ment the other team. :y:

Nah. Who the hell cares if MVP is alone on a team of faces? But Matt alone on a team of heels going up against his brother would have added some drama to the thing.

Inadequacy
11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I just think it's silly to put the tag champs on different teams just to keep a face/heel dynamic, but I do kind of like what Lockjaw said

JT
11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Nah. Who the hell cares if MVP is alone on a team of faces? But Matt alone on a team of heels going up against his brother would have added some drama to the thing.

Oh, read that wrong...thought you said that it wouldn't be interesting to see Matt on a team of heel...leading me to believe you guess wrong...and...not understanding...yea...:shifty:

Anyways I have doubts it would be built up as such with exception of JR mentioning it during the match when they go one-on-one with each other. :-\

Savio
11-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Wow that looks like a terrible match.

SammyG
11-05-2007, 08:07 PM
lol Boone just reported that Tom Green is gonna be on raw

Inadequacy
11-05-2007, 08:09 PM
lol Boone just reported that Tom Green is gonna be on raw

Oh man, I'm so excited to see that...five years ago

JT
11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh man, I'm so excited to see that...five years ago

More like ten.

Inadequacy
11-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Former Tom Green fans, we don't have such a good sense of time

Mr. Nerfect
11-05-2007, 09:38 PM
The match actually looks pretty fucking good to me. I mean, the only real weak link in the matches is Big Daddy V, and they will cover his weaknesses. The guy is experienced enough to pick his spots. I see him and Kane taking each other out, and getting counted out together.

Should be a pretty good match. There are a lot of stories here. As far as alliances go, Triple H, Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy were on a winning Survivor Series team last year. In fact, they didn't suffer a single elimination. Matt Hardy is also teaming with his brother again, against a man he holds the WWE Tag Team Championship with. Kane can also be the lone wolf the team, which might go a fair way to getting him over.

The heel team feels a lot more thrown together, but Finlay and Mr. Kennedy would get along with whoever they were teaming with, because they want to win and get those falls over Rey Mysterio and Jeff Hardy, respectively. Umaga pretty goes to where Vince points him, and maims, so he makes sense. Big Daddy V is trying to get Kane's attention, and I doubt he would prove a problem for his team, as he has the same desire to win. Basically, the heels will get along fine, too, so no rivalries are really compromised just for the face/heel dynamic.

As far as rivalries across the teams go, there are plenty there. There are the obvious polar feuds (Triple H vs. Umaga, Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay, Matt Hardy vs. MVP, Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy, Kane vs. Big Daddy V), but you also have the tension that can be played up between Jeff Hardy and Umaga, as it was Jeff who dethroned Umaga as Intercontinental Champion. You also have Kane's rivalry with Finlay, Rey Mysterio's unsettled grudge against Umaga for attacking him while he was injured under Vince McMahon's orders, and Matt Hardy and Finlay have never been best buddies.

I'm actually looking forward to this match, somewhat. It's definitely a positive edition to the Survivor Series card. Batista vs. The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match, and Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels are also both likely to be good matches. So far, SS is 3 for 3.

Another positive of having this match, is that it allows for some undercard guys to get the show. Chances of seeing Paul London & Brian Kendrick have slightly increased. Hopefully they go with Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defending the World Tag Team Championship against Paul London & Brian Kendrick, and maybe even The Highlanders, while Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes, Jesse & Festus team up to take on The World's Greatest Tag Team & Deuce N' Domino.

St. Jimmy
11-06-2007, 12:47 AM
I enjoy PPV's much better when the full card is just singles matches.