PDA

View Full Version : So Im watching Spiderman 2.....

Shaggy
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Doc Ock is fighting Spidey and all I can think about is....

How easy would it to have been if one of those times Dock Ock grabbed Spidey by the head...he just twisted and killed him right there?

Honestly I mean the guy obviously wants to kill him because he is throwing shit at him...trying to crush his head...throwing him out of windows and against walls....

Why doesnt he just grab him by the head and give it one quick twist!

Has anyone else ever wondered this about this movie...or perhaps another movie where the bad guy could of easily killed the good guy?

Fignuts
11-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Um...cause he's fucking spider-man.

Funky Fly
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, the dude can dodge bullets, nig.

Mr Regal
11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Has anyone else ever wondered this about this movie...or perhaps another movie where the bad guy could of easily killed the good guy?

Pretty much every movie ever made witha good guy and a bad guy mate. Wouldn't make much of a story if everyone got killed at the first given opportunity though would it.

McLegend
11-13-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't know it could be a good change of pace.

Funky Fly
11-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Some heroes do die, you know.

Boondock Saint
11-14-2007, 04:39 AM
But usually come back.

Funky Fly
11-14-2007, 05:01 AM
Yeah, but it's better when some stay dead. Like that deal with Thanos dying to save the universe because gay ass Wonderman can't stay dead.

Dave Youell
11-14-2007, 05:02 AM
My main gripe with Spiderman 2 is the casting for Doc Oct, I mean sure the guy who played him was alright, but he didn’t have the right look for the cartoon images we are all used to, Spiderman 2 would have been a lot better if this man had played Doctor Octopus:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/elton_john_green_jacket_piano.jpg

Tell me I’m wrong folks

RP
11-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Spiderman movies are possibly the worst movies i've seen of the genre. They really are horrible. Toby McGuire is just so fucking horrible. Kirsten Duntz needs to show tits or she's very horrible in anything she does. Theirs no emotion or realness to the movies. Its literally like a live action cartoon. I dont feel for any of the charachters. I think they're all fake peices of shit that need to die. The bad guy charachters are softer then tissue and easily disposed of.

Its just a really retarded series of movies that should have never been made like they have. THey should have been darker quality movies like the new Batman movies that are coming out.

Fignuts
11-14-2007, 08:49 AM
You're wrong.

Alfred Molina was amazing.

Fignuts
11-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Spiderman movies are possibly the worst movies i've seen of the genre. They really are horrible. Toby McGuire is just so fucking horrible. Kirsten Duntz needs to show tits or she's very horrible in anything she does. Theirs no emotion or realness to the movies. Its literally like a live action cartoon. I dont feel for any of the charachters. I think they're all fake peices of shit that need to die. The bad guy charachters are softer then tissue and easily disposed of.

Its just a really retarded series of movies that should have never been made like they have. THey should have been darker quality movies like the new Batman movies that are coming out.

Spider-man isn't dark. Yeah, its got some tragic stories throughout the run, but it's still overall a colorful, lively book. Batman begins' style wouldn't fit.

Jeritron
11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Spiderman is amazing. If it's not the best comic movie franchise, it's the second best. Spiderman 2 is debatable with Batman Begins for best superhero movie of all time.

Kris P Lettus
11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Rambo takes on armies and hardly ever gets hurt..

Kinda silly you are looking for realism in any movie let alone a super hero movie..

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 01:34 PM
My main gripe with Spiderman 2 is the casting for Doc Oct, I mean sure the guy who played him was alright, but he didn’t have the right look for the cartoon images we are all used to, Spiderman 2 would have been a lot better if this man had played Doctor Octopus:

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/elton_john_green_jacket_piano.jpg

Tell me I’m wrong folks

He wouldn't even need wardrobe!

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Spider-man isn't dark. Yeah, its got some tragic stories throughout the run, but it's still overall a colorful, lively book. Batman begins' style wouldn't fit.

Spider-Man was dark compared to its contemporaries right up until the 80s crazy of anti-heroes really kicked in. It's only bright these days by comparison, and had several runs with a darker storyline. I think Spider-Man could be done well with a darker storyline. It has been in the past.

However, I think the movies do a horrible job of it. Spider-Man's fucking emo, and for all the colour, it fails to capture Spider-Man's flare. It fails to capture the personal conflict which was signaure to Spider-Man, and the "darkness" is a fucking joke. It's like they tried to split the difference.

Kane Knight
11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Rambo takes on armies and hardly ever gets hurt..

Kinda silly you are looking for realism in any movie let alone a super hero movie..

On that, I totally agree. Not to mention, villains in the movies are generally crazy, not particularly efficient killers. I mean, how many of you, when you get into a fight, think "I'm gonna snap his neck?" Anyway?

Kalyx triaD
11-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Its funny; I was just watching Spidey 2 last night at work and noticed one thing:

Spider-Man kicks ass.

TiA

Fignuts
11-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Spider-Man was dark compared to its contemporaries right up until the 80s crazy of anti-heroes really kicked in. It's only bright these days by comparison, and had several runs with a darker storyline. I think Spider-Man could be done well with a darker storyline. It has been in the past.

However, I think the movies do a horrible job of it. Spider-Man's fucking emo, and for all the colour, it fails to capture Spider-Man's flare. It fails to capture the personal conflict which was signaure to Spider-Man, and the "darkness" is a fucking joke. It's like they tried to split the difference.

Fails to capture the personal conflict? That's the whole plot of all 3 movies, for gods sake. The battle against the villain actually comes second to this, even. And I disagree that spider-man was ever dark. Just relatable. The hero didn't have a perfect life. That doesn't make it a brooding story. One dead girlfriend does not a dark read, make.

Kris P Lettus
11-14-2007, 09:47 PM
OK, Yoda..

Fignuts
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Whatever. I'm gonna go eat some fritos.

Kris P Lettus
11-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Eat some fritos, you will..

Fignuts
11-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I've got the official fritos bean dip and everything, fool.

Kris P Lettus
11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Jealous, I am..

Mister Sinister
11-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Hungry and going to the store...I Am

Kane Knight
11-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Fails to capture the personal conflict? That's the whole plot of all 3 movies, for gods sake. The battle against the villain actually comes second to this, even. And I disagree that spider-man was ever dark. Just relatable. The hero didn't have a perfect life. That doesn't make it a brooding story. One dead girlfriend does not a dark read, make.

Yes, and the only dark thing to happen in the entire line of comics was Gwen Stacy dying, you're absolutely right.

Also, "fails to capture" doesn't mean they didn't do it. Great personal issues. Could have actually gotten more depth from a comic book.

Fignuts
11-18-2007, 12:22 AM
They have a two hour and a half time frame, and most of it has to be action. I think they did alright considering. Gwen Stacy dying was the darkest moment of the book, outside of this morlun, totem garbage which the movies will never touch.