PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park Live in Texas

Kalyx triaD
03-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Does anybody else mosh like hell to "A Place for my Head"?

MoRcHeEbA
03-05-2004, 11:29 PM
yes

Funky Fly
03-05-2004, 11:48 PM
I thought you were just supposed to scream when you listen to teen angsty music. :?:

asphyXy
03-06-2004, 12:46 AM
<font color=969696>Moshing is to Linkin Park as pancakes are to eight ferret vaginas.

No relation.</font>

The Destroyer
03-06-2004, 05:26 AM
I pity anyone who paid for that live album, I really do.

Ah well, I'm sure you made the record label happy. :)

Downunder
03-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Moshing to linkin park :lol: :rofl:

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 09:51 AM
I pity anyone who paid for that live album, I really do.

Ah well, I'm sure you made the record label happy. :)

I'll think about the pity when I'm lost in the sweet samples of "Numb" or "Crawling". Or perhaps the unpredictable montage of "By Myself". Afterwards I'll blast Metallica and Limp Bizkit to really strain my neck from the 'angst' of moshing like hell. Top my music hour off with Motorhead's rendition of HHH's themesong "The Game" and The Matrix Reloaded's "Burly Brawl". Holla when you wanna learn how to mosh, eh?

The Destroyer
03-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Sorry, but I go to gigs to see music being performed in a live setting, not throw myself around in a sweaty mass of people and potentially get smacked in the face. But thanks for the offer. :)

El Capitano Gatisto
03-06-2004, 10:21 AM
I'll think about the pity when I'm lost in the sweet samples of "Numb" or "Crawling". Or perhaps the unpredictable montage of "By Myself". Afterwards I'll blast Metallica and Limp Bizkit to really strain my neck from the 'angst' of moshing like hell. Top my music hour off with Motorhead's rendition of HHH's themesong "The Game" and The Matrix Reloaded's "Burly Brawl". Holla when you wanna learn how to mosh, eh?

You can't mosh in your own bedroom. Plus, moshing is a gay word.

You wouldn't last 5 minutes at a Shane MacGowan concert.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Moshing to linkin park :lol: :rofl:

The Destroyer
03-06-2004, 10:25 AM
You can dance around like a prat in your own bedroom, however.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 10:26 AM

Yeah, like Linkin park Fans know how to mosh.

I've seen harder moshing at Mozart recitals.

El Capitano Gatisto
03-06-2004, 10:27 AM
I thought moshing was basically fighting everyone around you.

That's why I love Shane MacGowan gigs. It's all 40 year old punks, who still like a good friendly brawl for an hour or two while listening to some great music.

Next Monday WOOOOO

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry, but I go to gigs to see music being performed in a live setting, not throw myself around in a sweaty mass of people and potentially get smacked in the face. But thanks for the offer. :)

Actually, Moshing in a Linkin Park pit is fun. You know why?

You get to fu</>cking eat alive all these little pussies who think they're hardcore.

The Destroyer
03-06-2004, 10:30 AM
I thought moshing was basically fighting everyone around you.

That's why I love Shane MacGowan gigs. It's all 40 year old punks, who still like a good friendly brawl for an hour or two while listening to some great music.

Next Monday WOOOOO
It's kind of like that in the States, seemingly... where they have ridiculous kung fu style "dance moves" and end up smacking each other a lot. :wtf:

A good friendly brawl sounds much more fun.

The Destroyer
03-06-2004, 10:31 AM

You get to fu</>cking eat alive all these little pussies who think they're hardcore.
You're a monster, leave the 12 year olds alone. :'(

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 10:38 AM
You're a monster, leave the 12 year olds alone. :'(

Sure. Kill my fun.

(Actually, there were a lot of people over 20 in the audience....)

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 10:38 AM
You could tell, because the people who were of age had these stupid-ass wristbands so they could buy beer.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:12 AM

I don't know about 'them', but that particular crowd were comprised of many Metallica and Limp Bizkit fans and most likely came for them anyway (a hinted fact in the DVD). And 'those' fans mosh with the best of them.

...Living room. I mosh in the living room, thank you.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't know about 'them', but that particular crowd were comprised of many Metallica and Limp Bizkit fans and most likely came for them anyway (a hinted fact in the DVD). And 'those' fans mosh with the best of them.

Yeah, Limp Bizkit fans are hardcore.

About as Hardcore as John Denver moshers.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I'll think about the pity when I'm lost in the sweet samples of "Numb" or "Crawling". Or perhaps the unpredictable montage of "By Myself".

Unpredictable.

:lol:

What an idiot.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Unpredictable.

What an idiot.

I actually waited until I get my first shot from you. Nice to know things don't change Kane. From the current news, however, I'll be a hell of alot more respectful.

"By Myself" took the Linkin Park-ish scream singing/rap routine and twisted so you don't really which style they're leaning toward. This is most appearent the first time you hear it. Other odd musical choices can be found in Metallica's "The Unforgiven", where the chorus is sang lightly and the lyrics are yelled. Which isn't very Metallica; but you'll know it's them when you hear the sweet bass/guitar "This is how rock would sound in medievil times" flair.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:24 AM
:yawn:

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Oh, and "The Unforgiven" was clichéd before Metallica ever even wrote it.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:28 AM
:yawn:
Greatest... Post... Ever.

Seriously dude this is getting old. It's cool how you're the new don and all but this thing about you having a power trip is very bad news for me. I've just gotten back and I aim to stay. So I need to know; what can I do to get banned, so I WON'T do it. I need to know what and what not to say.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Greatest... Post... Ever.

Seriously dude this is getting old. It's cool how you're the new don and all but this thing about you having a power trip is very bad news for me. I've just gotten back and I aim to stay. So I need to know; what can I do to get banned, so I WON'T do it. I need to know what and what not to say.

Are you cutting a wrestling promo or what?

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:30 AM
How soon til you challenge me for a match at WM XX?

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:33 AM
How soon til you challenge me for a match at WM XX?

If you want it, Kane... If you want it that bad... You got your match at Wrestlemania XX!! I will show you how brutal I can be, Kane. And you will remember Wrestlemania XX not as where it all begins again, but where it ends for you..!

Something about that felt good...

Penner
03-06-2004, 11:35 AM
youre both idiots

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:35 AM
*LMAO*

It actually made more sense than your argument for the unpredictability of pre-fab pop bands...

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:38 AM
*LMAO*

It actually made more sense than your argument for the unpredictability of pre-fab pop bands...

I'll take that with a grain of salt and call it a day.

And no one named Penner can call me an idiot.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Don't worry. PEnner's just a bitter sad little kid since Dale broke up with him.

Rob
03-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Should I hold my hand up and say I like Linkin Park?

Damn, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. I must be the biggest outcast on these boards.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:41 AM
I like Linkin Park.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:43 AM
Don't worry. PEnner's just a bitter sad little kid since Dale broke up with him.

Dale? Penner? Is this a forum or the Wonderful World of Disney? Anyway, I understand how hard breakups can be. I had these shoes for years and I couldn't let them go...

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:43 AM
I like Linkin Park.
You're a confusing man.

Champion of Europa
03-06-2004, 11:50 AM

See, but the point is:

You're 'moshing' to shitty music by yourself. Stupid.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:53 AM
See, but the point is:

You're 'moshing' to shitty music by yourself. Stupid.

Kalyx triaD vs Kane Knight for the Europa Championship @ Wrestlemania XX

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 11:55 AM
You're a confusing man.

Not particularly.

I just belong to a very small subset of people who can enjoy the music of a band without getting them blown out of proportion and shit. That is, I can enjoy a band without losing perspective.

I know most fans of a band tend to start thinking they're the second coming of Jesus and all...My favorites are hardcore Metallica fans, 99% of which seem to believe that Lars Ulrich is the greatest drummer ever...

Champion of Europa

Shut up. Vraiment.

DaveWadding
How about Kalyx vs. splaya vs. Paul Carrington vs. eminem vs. whoever else in a jobber battle royal...?

Rob
03-06-2004, 11:56 AM

I'll pick Triple-H to win that match. :)

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Not particularly.

I just belong to a very small subset of people who can enjoy the music of a band without getting them blown out of proportion and shit. That is, I can enjoy a band without losing perspective.

I know most fans of a band tend to start thinking they're the second coming of Jesus and all...My favorites are hardcore Metallica fans, 99% of which seem to believe that Lars Ulrich is the greatest drummer ever...
Lars is good, but greatest no. That dude on Sysytem of a Down...

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Sad thing is, it can happen too.

Kane Knight

Same as Brock v Goldberg and the Women's championship...

Kalyx triaD
How about Kalyx vs. splaya vs. Paul Carrington vs. eminem vs. whoever else in a jobber battle royal...?
Who the heck are you!!!

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:00 PM
Shut up. Vraiment.
But you're the guest reff..! Call it down the middle.

DaveWadding
03-06-2004, 12:01 PM

Rob
03-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Just bury Amy Lee and he'll go away :)

(I like Evanescence too)

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:03 PM

(I like Evanescence too)
Somehow, that fate fits her perfectly.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Lars is good, but greatest no.

Good is questionable.

Listening to them play live, Lars' inability to get rhythm right totally kills their show for me.

The fact that he can't even play Dyers Eve proprerly, a song he wrote, furthers this isssue.

He's okay in the studio, but when you have 9,000 takes, even the crappiest of musicians can sound good.

Far as Linkin Park goes, they're fun, they're catchy, they're enjoyable. They're not anything really overly creative or brilliant tho.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:05 PM

(I like Evanescence too)

Nope. You've gotta get rid of Ben Moody too.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Good is questionable.

Listening to them play live, Lars' inability to get rhythm right totally kills their show for me.

The fact that he can't even play Dyers Eve proprerly, a song he wrote, furthers this isssue.

He's okay in the studio, but when you have 9,000 takes, even the crappiest of musicians can sound good.

Far as Linkin Park goes, they're fun, they're catchy, they're enjoyable. They're not anything really overly creative or brilliant tho.

Yeah but, what about that dude in System? He's either great or horrible. Drum lines that seem to be mistakes become very pleasing to the ear (-Toxicity)

Champion of Europa
03-06-2004, 12:08 PM
But you're the guest reff..! Call it down the middle.

OK, I will count to ten so I forget how stupid you are.

You are counted out. Now go stick your head in a pig.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah but, what about that dude in System? He's either great or horrible. Drum lines that seem to be mistakes become very pleasing to the ear (-Toxicity)

The guy from SOAD uses an arrhythmic approach much in the same way many jazz musicians use disonance.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
OK, I will count to ten so I forget how stupid you are.

You are counted out. Now go stick your head in a pig.
Silly, the PPV didn't even start yet! That's why I'm out of the ring! But keep the mindset it's going to be a great match.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:13 PM
The guy from SOAD uses an arrhythmic approach much in the same way many jazz musicians use disonance.
Woah.

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Woah.

Woah?

Champion of Europa
03-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Silly, the PPV didn't even start yet! That's why I'm out of the ring! But keep the mindset it's going to be a great match.

I'm the ref, I can do whatever I want.

Also, if you call me silly once more, Kane Knight will ban you. I swear to god.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Woah?
You're deep, dude.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm the ref, I can do whatever I want.

Also, if you call me silly once more, Kane Knight will ban you. I swear to god.
Is this true Kane!?

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
You're deep, dude.

Or so shallow I appear deep.

The experts are still out on that. :)

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Is this true Kane!?

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Anyways, SOAD's drum lines can sometimes be hard to listen to (As can some of the vocal rhythms for that matter). It depends on the person, of course. Some people find it more accessable than others.

I mean, it all depends upon your interpretation, too. Some people will just go off and say "it sucks." And, of course, if SOAD was trying to be the next Nu-Metal sensation, it really sucks. They have some pretty cool harmonic and rhythmic devices going in a lot of their songs (Though I'm not intimately familliar enough with most of their work to really give a good, thorough critique of any one in particular).

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Anyways, SOAD's drum lines can sometimes be hard to listen to (As can some of the vocal rhythms for that matter). It depends on the person, of course. Some people find it more accessable than others.

I mean, it all depends upon your interpretation, too. Some people will just go off and say "it sucks." And, of course, if SOAD was trying to be the next Nu-Metal sensation, it really sucks. They have some pretty cool harmonic and rhythmic devices going in a lot of their songs (Though I'm not intimately familliar enough with most of their work to really give a good, thorough critique of any one in particular).
Okay. But. Will I really get banned for calling Mister Silly-Silly Pants Champion of Silly-Ass Europa Silly again?

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:28 PM
His silly ass.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey man I gotta go. Whatever the self proclaimed champ got to say can wait 'til my return. Word Life.

Kalyx triaD vs Kane Knight @ Wrestlemania XX: No longer for that silly title, but a great main-event nonetheless (Unless Kane has a trick up his sleave).

Champion of Europa
03-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey man I gotta go. Whatever the self proclaimed champ got to say can wait 'til my return. Word Life.

Kalyx triaD vs Kane Knight @ Wrestlemania XX: No longer for that silly title, but a great main-event nonetheless (Unless Kane has a trick up his sleave).

Upon returning, you will be found to be banned.

el fregadero
03-06-2004, 12:48 PM
<font color=teal>I like Linkin Park, but I have never even considered "moshing" to their music.</font>

Rob
03-06-2004, 12:50 PM
I have and I've done it. When they play festivals and you aren't standing on 14 year old girls then it's all good.

asphyXy
03-06-2004, 12:58 PM
<font color=969696>You guys cannot conceive the brutality of the pits that Elton John brings.</font>

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 12:59 PM
I have and I've done it. When they play festivals and you aren't standing on 14 year old girls then it's all good.

Is it possible to not stand on 14 year old girls at a Linkin Park show?

Speaking of which, and since you've been in the "VEL is a ped" thread, there were a ton of girls in the crowd who we getting egged on to show their tits. That wasn't so bad til we started seeing people egging on these girls wh owere like 12 at best...

Watching 3,000 horny 20-30 year olds cheering little girls going topless...:|

(The park was supposedly 10-12 K full, so I'm giuessing how many were that old...)

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 01:02 PM
<font color=969696>You guys cannot conceive the brutality of the pits that Elton John brings.</font>

The man knows.

Rob
03-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Is it possible to not stand on 14 year old girls at a Linkin Park show?

Speaking of which, and since you've been in the "VEL is a ped" thread, there were a ton of girls in the crowd who we getting egged on to show their tits. That wasn't so bad til we started seeing people egging on these girls wh owere like 12 at best...

Watching 3,000 horny 20-30 year olds cheering little girls going topless...:|

(The park was supposedly 10-12 K full, so I'm giuessing how many were that old...)

If that happened then it's clearly not on. Just like what happened at the second Woodstock wasn't on.

Kalyx triaD
03-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Upon returning, you will be found to be banned.

TPWW.net News:

Possible Backlash 2004 Main Event:

Word is Kalyx triaD and the Champion of Europa will be the main event. Rumors say the Europa Champ will run in on the much talked about 'triaD/Knight match, turning complete heel.

In other news, Mark-1 was recently released from...

Kane Knight
03-06-2004, 01:34 PM
If that happened then it's clearly not on. Just like what happened at the second Woodstock wasn't on.
Not on?

I'm not familliar with that phrase...

Joeleosis
03-06-2004, 04:12 PM
When me and my friends went to Sanitarium, there were a ton of moshpits during Linkin Park. I destroyed tons of people. :cool:

Downunder
03-06-2004, 05:12 PM
What does linking park and limp bikkie have to do with the music forum??

BlackRavyyn
03-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah, Limp Bizkit fans are hardcore.

About as Hardcore as John Denver moshers.

<font color=seablue><i>What, never moshed to "Sunshine on My Shoulders?" :shifty:

I have a liking for Linkin Park but I am far from getting into a mosh pit of any sort...:lol:</i></font>

DaveWadding
03-06-2004, 07:22 PM
because you are afraid of getting your ass whipped, aincha old man?

;)

samichna
03-06-2004, 07:23 PM
I bet Linkin Park likes to eat hot dogs by the pool

BlackRavyyn
03-08-2004, 08:33 PM
because you are afraid of getting your ass whipped, aincha old man?

;)

:foc:

*locks your team* ;)

road doggy dogg
03-09-2004, 05:00 AM
LOL jesus christ

Now don't get me wrong, I actually like a few Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Metallica songs. But seriously, anybody who thinks they are a "true hardcore mosher" because they headbang to Linkin Park is a retard.

SuperSlim
03-09-2004, 08:43 AM
LInkin is good

Downunder
03-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Why don't you listen when I try to talk to you
Stop thinking of yourself, for just a second fool
Shut up, shut up, I don't wanna hear your mouth
Your mother made a monster, now get the hell out of my house

Can't stand it for another day
I ain't gonna live my life this way
Cold sweat, my fists are clenching
Stomp, stomp, stomp, the idiot convention

Which one of these words don't you understand?
Talking to you, is like clapping with one hand

The Destroyer
03-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Anthrax. :cool:

Kane Knight
03-09-2004, 01:15 PM
LOL jesus christ

Now don't get me wrong, I actually like a few Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Metallica songs. But seriously, anybody who thinks they are a "true hardcore mosher" because they headbang to Linkin Park is a retard.

Indeed.

Fu</>cking moronic, but a ton of people think they're moshers for similar, pathetic shit.

Vastardikai
03-12-2004, 08:19 AM
Personally, I've been to shows where I didn't enter the mosh pit: like Slayer, Sepultura, Hatebreed, etc. In all of those instances, the pit kind of formed around me. Like to see some of the LP fans try and mosh to THAT. :shifty:

I think at Black Dahlia Murder, a Hardcore kid behind me got kicked in the head by some idiot who did a front flip right at the edge of the pit, then everyone realized they were a metal band. Needless to say, I tend to mock Hardcore kids (doing the hand jive, the twist, the hustle and various other 50s-70s dances while the wicked Hardcore band of Supreme Redundancy plays the same song 15 times. Even Hatebreed, who I like, has moments of this.)

Downunder
03-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Anthrax. :cool:
\m/