PDA

View Full Version : Will Dennis Dixon's injury hurt his NFL stock??

Kris P Lettus
11-17-2007, 10:14 AM
November 17, 2007
<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" "> Ducks’ Dixon Out for Season </nyt_headline>

<nyt_byline version="1.0" type=" "> </nyt_byline>By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
<nyt_text> </nyt_text> Quarterback Dennis Dixon will have surgery on his left knee, ending his season and spoiling his chance to win the Heisman Trophy.
The knee buckled early in second-ranked Oregon’s loss against Arizona on Thursday. Dixon, a senior, tore his anterior cruciate ligament during Oregon’s Nov. 3 victory against Arizona State, according to Coach Mike Bellotti, but he had rested it and felt ready to play against the Wildcats.
Dixon completed 67.7 percent of his passes for 2,136 yards, 20 touchdowns and four interceptions. A senior from San Leandro, Calif., he also ran for 583 yards and 9 touchdowns.
Dixon crumbled as he tried to plant on an option with about 5 minutes left in the first quarter against Arizona.

He was having an outstanding year before this happened..

Evil Vito
11-17-2007, 10:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I dunno, being out for the year didn't hurt Adrian Peterson's stock much</font>

McLegend
11-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Well actually it kinda did since he was drafted 6th, and he probably should have been in like the top 3 or 4.

DrA
11-17-2007, 10:52 AM
It certainly cost him the Heisman.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-17-2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't think he was that big of an NFL prospect anyway.

Kris P Lettus
11-17-2007, 04:16 PM
I figured he'd be in the top 5 QB's picked...

ddpBANG
11-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I didn't think he was that big of an NFL prospect anyway.
:y:

Gonzo
11-17-2007, 06:36 PM
This guy was stupid to play on a torn ACL. I don't know how severe the injury was, but this article said it was tore. If he is coming back after 1 or 2 weeks rest that is stupid. Can a torn ligament even heal that fast? He blew his Heisman chances, and probably will drop a round or two in the draft.

Hanso Amore
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
He is a great college QB, but wouldnt have gotten drafted in the top 10 qbs

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
I figured he'd be in the top 5 QB's picked...
Nah he isn't an NFL style QB. A team might take a chance on him since Young's been pretty successful in the NFL but I dunno

He'll probably be a wide out so I doubt he'll go high. Matt Jones went in the first round a few years back but he had some experience playing WR while also serving as the starting QB at Arkansas so that was kind of like a rare example.

Gonzo
11-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Even then, despite VY's injury, he isn't doing too hot this year.

Kris P Lettus
11-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Nah he isn't an NFL style QB. A team might take a chance on him since Young's been pretty successful in the NFL but I dunno

He'll probably be a wide out so I doubt he'll go high. Matt Jones went in the first round a few years back but he had some experience playing WR while also serving as the starting QB at Arkansas so that was kind of like a rare example.

Antwan Randle El was a QB in college..

Gonzo
11-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Still rare I would say Kris P.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-18-2007, 03:13 AM
Antwan Randle El was a QB in college..Yeah he was, he was a 2nd pick though and was a crazy athlete (played basketball and baseball during his time at Indiana)

Ronald Curry is another, I forget when he was drafted but I don't think it was very high/at all. He was also a pretty good hoops player at UNC. So it pretty much takes a crazy athlete to make the move, Dixon might have that but I dunno. I see him more as a Curry type since he is gonna take some work, Randle-El was more of a shifty scrambler, where as Curry and Dixon where strictly speed

Supreme Olajuwon
11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Come on, how can you actually think Dixon is going to be good? He plays for Oregon. You know who else played QB at Oregon? Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, AJ Feeley, Kellen Clemens. DON'T DRAFT OREGON QUARTERBACKS

Supreme Olajuwon
11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Dan Fouts is the exception of course.

Hanso Amore
11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Matt Jones was taken WAY too high. People have realized how stupid it is. SOmeone will take a flyer on him in rounds 3+ as a WR/RB though.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Eric Crouch

Nervous Ferret
11-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Brad Smith

Easy on Clemens Supreme, he's not bad at all.