PDA

View Full Version : They should use the "Beowulf" style of CG for some superhero flicks

Kane Knight
11-17-2007, 10:27 PM
The whole thing about mocapping actors and shit would probably work really well for movies like Spider-Man, where they do so much with the action scenes in CG anyway.

I'm picking out Spider-Man particulaly because of the colourful action scenes and over-the-top nature, but it's not the only case.

Fignuts
11-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Beowulf is CG? Oh my god.

Kane Knight
11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Beowulf is CG? Oh my god.Entirely.

Fignuts
11-18-2007, 09:12 PM
That seriously just blew my mind. All I know is what I've seen in trailers.

mitchables
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah it is like The Polar Express, Fignuts. Not that I ever saw The Polar Express, but from what I understand, Tom Hanks was in it, but it wasn't Tom Hanks - it was a CGI rendering of Tom Hanks, and a bunch of kids.

But yes, it would work well for a lot of the superhero style flicks, especially since (as KK said) so much of it is CGI anyway :-\

Fignuts
11-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah but you could tell polar express is cg.

Can't wait for Xbox 720 to come out with those graphics.

Lara Emily
11-19-2007, 01:53 AM
The only problem is the style really really removes the souls from all the characters, they just have this glass eyed robotic looked to them that is just completely offsetting which would be awkward for scenes with say Peter Parker and such. Would be nice with a Superman movie maybe where the human aspect isn;t as important.

Reavant
11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Im sure actors wouldnt go for it as much either. Theyre pretty egotistical and like seeing themselves on the big screen more often than not.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
The only problem is the style really really removes the souls from all the characters, they just have this glass eyed robotic looked to them that is just completely offsetting which would be awkward for scenes with say Peter Parker and such. Would be nice with a Superman movie maybe where the human aspect isn;t as important.

Dunno. Not seeing the "kills the soul" element.

Im sure actors wouldnt go for it as much either. Theyre pretty egotistical and like seeing themselves on the big screen more often than not.

That's probably why it worked for Grendel, then. No big names. :shifty:

Lara Emily
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
The characters just have this creepy lifeless look to them.