PDA

View Full Version : Demolition Shoot Review and Recap

Loose Cannon
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Watched the new Demolition shoot interview from RF last night. All around excellent interview from Bill and Barry. In my own personal opinion, Bill Eadie is one of the nicest and kindest guys in the business. I've met the guy at Fanfests in the past and post on the same board as he does. He loves talking to the fans. And he's very humble too; he won't talk bad about anybody, which might deter some people from the shoot as he wasn't as ass to anyone. He's very well spoken I've never met Barry, but from what I've heard from other fans and on this interview, he's a lot like Bill.

Anyway, some interesting tidbits from both guys

Bill said that the original team with Randy didn't work because everyone knew Randy as a Moondog. They needed someone the fans would not recognize.

-They hated the Road Warriors program. They said the office should of built the LOD up for a year and then put them in a program with Demolition instead of having LOD slaughter them right off the bat. Bill said Hawk was the better preformer of the two.

-They said in NY, they were more over then the Road Warriors were, which I agree with.

-Loved working with the Bulldogs. Bill puts them over as the best team at the time. He said Dynamite was amazing and you would forget he was so small.

-Also loved working with the Harts, Brain Busters, Rockers, Strike Force and Powers of Pain to an extent.

-Bill mentioned the problem with some teams splitting up so soon back then because 1 member wanted more of the spotlight. Talked about the Can AM Connection in relation to that.

-It was Bill's idea to hire Fuji. He said they wanted Fuji because he was the type of manager that wouldn't take away from the match and put the focus on himself. He said guys like Jimmy Hart were that type of manager. They wanted a guy who would say a few lines and looked "devious"

-Said that on Mania days, the wrestlers would spend the whole day doing promos. It usually took them 1 take to hit the promo, while other guys took 4-6 takes.

-Barry didn't even remember Mania 7. lol.

-Oh, they loved working with Andre and Haku. Bill said that Andre was very good at psycology and selling and said that if Andre could sell, anybody should be able to sell.

-They didn't like there initial babyface turn because they said they could of went a bit longer as heels. They said Powers of Pain were decent, but needed more time to get over.

-They mentioned Randy Savage trying a lot to be like Hogan for a bit and that he should of just been himself.

-They liked Crush and thought he was a good guy. They didn't think he was great at promos, but he was a good member. They liked the tag team better though.

-They said Warrior got pushed when he was not ready for it.

-They liked helping and talking to the new guys. Said a lot of the boys never talked to the new guys because they were paranoid they would take thier spots.

-About Bill having to leave the team for a bit due to health problems, he said he had an alergic reaction to shell fish, contrary to people always thinking he was having heart problems.

-Bill was asked to due a Cowboy gimmick once and he shot it down. He talked about how guys need to be gimmicks that they can relate too.

-With that Bill tells a funny story about how his 11 year old daughter asked why Terry Taylor dressed like a Rooster and asked Bill what he did to deserve that. lol. Bill said she even saw right through it.

-Bill and Barry said it was great when they went out with thier families because nobody would recognize them without the paint on.

-Said there was a lot of drugs and partying going on back then, but they didn't do that. They would get to the gym every day, get good sleep and made sure they brought home money to thier families and not blowing it like some of the boys.

-They mentioned how the only sleep some guys got was on the planes. They said the road was very tough.

-Thought Demolition would definately work today with a modified tweek.

-Bil admitted to taking steroids and said you needed them to keep up with the schedule

That's all I can remember, but it is something definately worth checking out, especially if you are/were a fan.

cnut
11-19-2007, 01:50 PM
-They liked Crush and thought he was a good guy. They didn't think he was great at promos, but he was a good member. They liked the tag team better though.
They were definitely better on their own as Ax and Smash.

-About Bill having to leave the team for a bit due to health problems, he said he had an allergic reaction to shell fish, contrary to people always thinking he was having heart problems.

Yeah, Eadie wrestled for years afterwards on the indy circuit, no problems. Ax was one of most distinctive voices in pro-wrestling.

I'd love to see RF Video do a shoot interview with The Rockers (together). Get the full lowdown on their short-lived first run in the WWF, and their big success in the AWA (and their heel run).

KingofOldSchool
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I :love: Demolition

mrslackalack
11-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah Demolition ruled. I know some say they were RW clones but I think they did have some differences.

Theo Dious
11-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah Demolition ruled. I know some say they were RW clones but I think they did have some differences.

"OMGZ THAY HAV FACE PANTE! THEY R RODE WORRIAR CLONEZ!!!"

Yeah, it sounded stupid to me when my fellow sixth graders said it in 1990, and it still does.

Theo Dious
11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Additionally, I'm sad at hearing nothing about Repo Man. :(

Loose Cannon
11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
they've got seperate Darsow and Eadie shoots and he'll probably talk about Repo on there. I may get that one here soon

Theo Dious
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
they've got seperate Darsow and Eadie shoots and he'll probably talk about Repo on there. I may get that one here soon

My wrath is temporarily restrained.

weather vane
11-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Demolition are my favourite wrestlers of all time. I need to watch this shoot.

loopydate
11-22-2007, 10:59 PM
-With that Bill tells a funny story about how his 11 year old daughter asked why Terry Taylor dressed like a Rooster and asked Bill what he did to deserve that. lol. Bill said she even saw right through it.

:rofl: