PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero 3 or Mario Galaxy?

JT
11-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Thinking about getting a game over the break. Can't decide if I want GH3 or Mario Galaxy.

I really want GH3 as I love simple yet fun games, but the price tag is fairly high.

At the same time, I have hard times getting int 3D adventures, but Mario Galaxy looks pretty awesome.

Need help on deciding. :(

Funky Fly
11-20-2007, 06:58 PM
If you can spare the cash, GH3.

But if you're broke as a joke, Mario Galaxy awaits.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I've still not played Mario Galaxy.

Stupid mod-chip lock-out :(

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I'd honestly say Guitar Hero 3.

Funky Fly
11-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Lemme get this straight? You modded a system that has fairly frequent firmware updates?

Blitz
11-20-2007, 09:10 PM
GH3, easy.

Kane Knight
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Lemme get this straight? You modded a system that has fairly frequent firmware updates?

And spends more money on combating piracy than it does on development?

G
11-20-2007, 11:13 PM

And weren't you the one pro modding?

G
11-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Mario is hella fun, but does lose replay value when you beat it. I'd imagine even GH3 on the Wii has online?

JT
11-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Hmmm...looks like the crowd is leaning towards GH3. Might pick it up after school tomorrow then.

BTW, I really don't know much about the Wii mod, but seems a little under developed at this point anyway. There is very little going on in the scene, and I rather wait till they build a better chip or come out with a nice softmod.

G
11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Nothing is 100% foolproof when it comes to modding consoles. I would advise against it.

JT
11-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Nothing is 100% foolproof when it comes to modding consoles. I would advise against it.

You would be suprised, but alot of mods are pretty good and almost as trustworthy as offical software. There are a few mods I have for XBox and PSP that I find more professional than some of the programs created by the bigger companies.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
And weren't you the one pro modding?

Yeah, unfortunatly, the guys who installed it put the wrong chip in, not WiiKey like I asked. If I had the WiiKey, then I could have flash upgraded and the problem would be resolved.

I was pro-mod on the 360 for sure because those Commodore4Eva guys have been one step ahead of MS all the way and since it's a firmware hack, it's really hard to lock out. The latest mods on that are basically doing all the security checks the real firmware would (checking for security sector, position of a video on the disk as well as the DMI) and just changing the booktype report to the console (XBOX360-DVD instead of DVD-ROM/DVD+R DL) and booting. Hell, they even have disc-jitter now, so the disc has a few read errors on the security sector like a real 360 disc would. Almost perfect and transparent :).

G
11-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Wasn't this a big problem with the Dreamcast, that you could play burned games right out the box?

#BROKEN Hasney
11-21-2007, 02:54 PM
Wasn't this a big problem with the Dreamcast, that you could play burned games right out the box?

Yeah, first with a boot disc and then with straight downloads. You can play copied games without a chip on all 3 Sega CD based consoles, they never got the protection right.