PDA

View Full Version : People talking about family guy on IMDB

Danny Electric
03-06-2004, 10:16 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385690/board/nest/5553968

by - fredthesock (Wed Feb 25 23:59:25)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm glad somebody else out there is still an original Family Guy-er. This gives me the perfect chance to vent something thats been bugging me for a long time. You know what i really hate? How all of a sudden Family Guy has become so popular in the mainstream. And how all of these so called "fans" are so upset that it got cancelled, and are always like "man, they always cancel all the good shows before anyone has a chance to even watch them". Because, the reason Family Guy was taken off the air was due to poor ratings. And these same people who think now that Family Guy is so great, are the same people who, when they saw the original ads, thought it was just a Simpsons rip-off, and didnt' bother tuning in. I just...it bugs me too see all these frat boys and high schoolers being like "FAMILY GUY RULES! I LOVE STEWIE! MY BROTHERS FRIEND HAS THE DVDS, AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!" when they don't even realize they are the reason for it's original demise. I guess i'm being slightly hypocritical, i'm not saying the only shows I like i've watched since the beginning, but when you have a gem like Family Guy, something that you treasure and really revere as one of the greatest television cartoons, or even programs for that matter, in the history OF Television, you kind of hold it dear to your heart. And now it seems like EVERYBODY has their favorite Family Guy quote and character...and I wouldn't really be making too much of a fuss about it, except for how GREAT the number of people who suddenly "discovered" the program are. Sure, you can argue that "it's new-found popularity lulled it out of cancellation", but it still doesn't change the fact that us original fans had to go 3 years without anything at all, while everyone else was out JUST watching it now. OK, so, thoughts? Hate? Love? Anything?

Savio
03-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Is it coming back in 2005?

FakeLaser
03-06-2004, 11:05 AM
I watched Family Guy religiously when it was on Fox.

DaveWadding
03-06-2004, 11:54 AM
I watched a few of the first eps...and I really wasnt impressed...Stewie is a goddamn riot though...

Danny Electric
03-06-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't know but this kid is hilarious. He's like one of those kids who say they were into a band before they were famous and how they don't like them much naymore becasue it's popular.

Funky Fly
03-06-2004, 03:52 PM
He's right though. It was always great, but next to no one watched it because they assumed it was a Simpsons knock off. The Simpsons was a different show entirely. Now they're quite similar, but then The Simpsons was always a biting social satire, not a gag reel like Family Guy.

Triple A
03-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Yes that guy is the man.

I used to get mad excited every week Family Guy was on TV.

Mr.Violent J
03-06-2004, 04:50 PM
I agree with him. I loved Family Guy and was pissed when I found out it was cancelled. It was anything but a Simpsons knock off. And in all actuallity I seem to find the Simpsons not as funny as I had before watching Family Guy. Maybe it's just me though =/

Ol Dirty Dastard
03-06-2004, 06:04 PM
I watched it when I knew it was on. Bastards kept changing its times, so I'd miss episodes at a time.

asphyXy
03-06-2004, 06:25 PM
<font color=969696>Sounds like an elitist.</font>

Shawn
03-06-2004, 07:16 PM
First couple of episodes werent that great,but if you stuck with it. You got it.

Xero
03-06-2004, 07:35 PM
To tell you the truth, I never did watch it on TV because I thought it was a Simpsons rip-off... But when I got the DVDs, I started to LOVE the show... Now I watch it religiously on Cartoon Network and cant wait for the reviving...

Im just hoping to god they dont put it head to head with SmackDown... Put it on Sunday, Monday (at 8), Tuesday, Wensday, Friday, Saturday! JUST NOT THURSDAY :rant:

Savio
03-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Isn't it on TBS also?