PDA

View Full Version : The Sandman vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Shoot fight.

They both get a few beers before the brawl

Both at their best physically. So, no messed up neck for Austin.

Who wins, the King of Extreme or the Texas Rattlesnake?

IC Champion
11-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Considering Austin was fairily big towards the end of his career, and Sandman was a out of shape alky with a beer gut, I'm going to go with Austin.

Blitz
11-22-2007, 08:24 PM
The real question is, which finisher would win in a real fight?

Xero
11-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Hogan with the Leg Drop.

IC Champion
11-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Sandman has a finish?

Dorkchop
11-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Well Sandman has always sucked, so I'd go for Austin since he was pretty big and hopped up on roids.

Kane Knight
11-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, peak career Sandman is nothing compared to peak Austin. Seriously.

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:30 PM
The White Russian Legsweep.

Considering Austin was fairily big towards the end of his career, and Sandman was a out of shape alky with a beer gut, I'm going to go with Austin.

Physical appearance isn't everything.
Some bigger guys can't take a punch worth crap.

Considering the amount of blood Sandman regularly loses , I'm gonna say he can take Austin's shots.

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, peak career Sandman is nothing compared to peak Austin. Seriously.

In technical skill or on the mic? Hell no he wasn't.

But sadly, that measn nothing in a brawl.

SuperSlim
11-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm going to take a shot... out of thin air... and just assume... well no I'm "thinking" that maybe you're figuring that Sandman should be able to beat Austin because we saw Sandman in a whole lot of extreme matches while we didn't see Austin so obviously Sandman is tougher than Austin...

right?

JT
11-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Granted, an argument can be made that Austin based the "Stone Cold" character on The Sandman, but Austin will forever be the bigger man; he is more talaented in the ring, better on the mic, and oozed with charisma. All Sandman really has was a badass entrance which didn't work in WWE because it was too much money to use "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.

SuperSlim
11-22-2007, 08:41 PM
yeah I'd pick Austin over Sandman but I think this kid wants people to pick Sandman

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I want people to comment on what the thread is about, actually.

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm going to take a shot... out of thin air... and just assume... well no I'm "thinking" that maybe you're figuring that Sandman should be able to beat Austin because we saw Sandman in a whole lot of extreme matches while we didn't see Austin so obviously Sandman is tougher than Austin...

right?

Nope.

SuperSlim
11-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Nope.

your posts state otherwise but for the sake of things... I'll "believe" you

Kane Knight
11-22-2007, 08:47 PM
So he's...Ummm...Arguing that things might not be as they appear based upon some sort of potential of extremes?

You know, there's a remote chance that the guy in a Toyota station wagon might beat a 'Ghini in a race, but it's retarded to play those odds.

The chance that a guy in relatively poor shape without his shit together on his best day might actually beat a guy who was actually worth a fuck at one point is similarly ridiculous. Brawl or not.

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 08:49 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImages/wrestlemania13.jpg

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Make of that what you will.

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:50 PM
your posts state otherwise but for the sake of things... I'll "believe" you

Sarcasm is good.

The chance that a guy in relatively poor shape without his shit together on his best day might actually beat a guy who was actually worth a fuck at one point is similarly ridiculous. Brawl or not.

I see.

You're basing this off nothing but your own assumptions on their physical appearance?

No facts on actually how they've done in fights?

Well, I thinK Austin won a fight with Debra.

Anything else?

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 08:52 PM
All of this is based on assumptions, obviously.

SuperSlim
11-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Sarcasm is usually done as an undetected process in order for the person to read into it and then be like "oh"

But when it's blatantly put out like that... it's not an attempt at being sarcastic... it's more just being an ass.

That's all.

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I do think that it's pretty cool that The Sandman himself is posting on TPWW under the name Nikkolas, though. That's the only way to explain being even nearly bent about this.

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:54 PM
All of this is based on assumptions, obviously.

Not all. I'm looking for actual fights the two have been in.

Nikkolas
11-22-2007, 08:56 PM
do think that it's pretty cool that The Sandman himself is posting on TPWW under the name Nikkolas, though. That's the only way to explain being even nearly bent about this.

Bent? Bent be me screaming profanity.

This is me being mildly annoyed no one is posting an actual fact and some people missed the point of the thread entirely.

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Well I don't know of any documented actual fights involving either of the men, and unless you do, we're just going to have to stick to this whole assumption thing.

JT
11-22-2007, 08:57 PM

This is me being mildly annoyed no one is posting an actual fact and some people missed the point of the thread entirely.

I thought I posted fact. :-\

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Furthermore, even if the two had been in a bajillion fights with other people, that still wouldn't give you any factual basis on how they would fare against one another.

JT
11-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Well I don't know of any documented actual fights involving either of the men, and unless you do, we're just going to have to stick to this whole assumption thing.

Well Sandman hit a cop and Austin beat his wife, but that's as much as I know on real fights.

SuperSlim
11-22-2007, 09:03 PM

I thought the point of this thread was for us to post our opinion on who we thought would win in a fight between Austin and Sandman

in which so far majority has picked Austin over Sandman

Kane Knight
11-22-2007, 09:04 PM
You're basing this off nothing but your own assumptions on their physical appearance?

No, Alienoid, I am not.

Kane Knight
11-22-2007, 09:05 PM

I can't wait to see this "Tale of the Tape."

JT
11-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Also to comment on a thread like this...who cares about them in a shoot fight? Better at their gimmick, but that's about it.

Anybody Thrilla
11-22-2007, 09:13 PM
As long as The Sandman doesn't dress in drag, he might have a shot at Austin.

Kane Knight
11-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Also to comment on a thread like this...who cares about them in a shoot fight? Better at their gimmick, but that's about it.

It's an interesting topic. It's moot, but so's about 80% of what we talk about in a wrestling forum.

DAMN iNATOR
11-23-2007, 10:40 AM
As long as The Sandman doesn't dress in drag, he might have a shot at Austin.

I dunno about that...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EiVbis0_FY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EiVbis0_FY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>