PDA

View Full Version : LOL why am I watching ECW right now

The Naitch
11-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Shelton Benjamin vs. Tommy Dreamer

Treamer does THE JOB

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2007, 04:00 AM
I don't care what anyone says: I'd mark for a CM Punk vs. Shelton Benjamin feud.

BigDaddyCool
11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
This is where Shelton belongs. ECW does focus more on wrestling than the other WWE shows which is where Shelton should excel.

Also, see Noid you only posted once sentence and it had anything to do with Val Venis. I'm almost proud of you.

Fox
11-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Shelton finally won a match?

Somebody better call his Mama! (ernest miller)

Fox
11-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Random thought, but who else thinks a teaming of Shelton Benjamin as wrestler and Ernest "The Cat" Miller as his mouthpiece/manager would work incredibly?

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Me

addy2hotty
11-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Benjamin is more worthy of the ECW title than either Lashless or Punk are.

Nark Order
11-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Benjamin is more worthy of the ECW title than either Lashless or Punk are.

Normally I would be inclined to agree but it seems now more than ever that ECW is no more than a training ground. If that was the original plan then they succeeded admirably but I don't believe that to be the case. I think it hurts the brand severely to send somebody straight to the ECW main event that has been no more than a glorified jobber for 3-4 years.

addy2hotty
11-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Normally I would be inclined to agree but it seems now more than ever that ECW is no more than a training ground. If that was the original plan then they succeeded admirably but I don't believe that to be the case. I think it hurts the brand severely to send somebody straight to the ECW main event that has been no more than a glorified jobber for 3-4 years.

Then again, look at Jericho, he was a glorified jobber for years - especially towards the end of his last tenure and now he's back straight in the WWE title scene. It's not like recent history is an issue in WWE terms.

I think Benjamin will be good on ECW, not enough to make me watch it though.

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Yea but he's a former champion and managed to get tremendously over for a long period of time.

Shelton is a midcard jobber who rarely wrestles on TV and was on the verge of gettting over for 5 minutes 3 years ago

addy2hotty
11-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Yea but he's a former champion and managed to get tremendously over for a long period of time.

Shelton is a midcard jobber who rarely wrestles on TV and was on the verge of gettting over for 5 minutes 3 years ago

3 time IC champ? 2 time tag champ? 2 victories over Triple H yadda yadda.

Not the worst resume in the world.

Especially if you consider that Big Daddy V is having a push down there. I'd rather see Benjamin on my TV than 'The Worlds Biggest Man Boobs'.

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 03:02 PM
At some point you're so over that you're essentially bulletproof. No matter how much you get jobbed all it takes is for the booking team to say "he's a main eventer again and hes coming for the title" and it's perfectly acceptable.

Like Austin in 2002. He had just came off his biggest run, even though 1998-99 were bigger years for him he was pushed harder than ever in 2001.
After that, they wanted him to do some jobbing. He was going to fued with Eddie and job to Brock.

While I agree with Stone Cold for having some pride and becoming frustrated with the company at the time, I also think he overreacted. He is so over and always will be that he could job to the brawler 3 weeks in a row cleanly and all it would take is for the company to bring him back after a month long break and say he's the number one contender and nobody would have a goddamn problem. That's being bulletproof.

I think Jericho's at this stage. All they have to do is say he's championship material and the fans will believe what they want to since they like him so much.

Jeritron
11-24-2007, 03:04 PM
3 time IC champ? 2 time tag champ? 2 victories over Triple H yadda yadda.

Not the worst resume in the world.

Especially if you consider that Big Daddy V is having a push down there. I'd rather see Benjamin on my TV than 'The Worlds Biggest Man Boobs'.

I would too don't get me wrong. I'd love to see him get a push there. But it's just out of nowhere if its instant because hes been really buried to a point where hes not credible nor over. He needs to be rebuilt from scratch

NoRoolz
11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah he does need to re-built from scratch really. He's too blah now.

There's no denying his wrestling ability is more than deserving of a big push and he main-events one day, but I'd like to see him take time off, sort a new character out, work on his mic-skills and come back fresh and then receive his push. I'm pretty sure Alienoid could book an amazing way for Shelton to return and be pushed, which would probably somehow also benefit Val Venis in some way.

Chavo Classic
11-25-2007, 12:38 PM
...and Paul London.

Kane Knight
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't care what anyone says

Sums up his booking policy perfectly.

Also, Vince McMahon's.

Mr. Nerfect
11-25-2007, 04:52 PM
They are rebuilding Shelton. They're at least attempting to. The articles on WWE.com about him make him sound completely different. He's almost got a badass thing going on about him now.

I still think the best way to rebuild Shelton is to have Charlie Haas chase him over to ECW, attack Shelton for abandoning him, and then having the two face off at Armageddon. Shelton wins when Elijah Burke distracts Haas, allowing Shelton to get the roll-up. Shelton is also one of those guys that could benefit from a great showing in the Royal Rumble, and as a singles wrestler, you better believe he will get to be in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania next year. In fact, I don't think a Shelton Benjamin win would be too far-fetched.

Indifferent Clox
11-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Do you play EWR mr allienoid?

Mr. Nerfect
11-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Do you play EWR mr allienoid?

I don't, actually.

NoRoolz
11-25-2007, 05:10 PM
You'd be the man at it. You actually should play it, it consumes a lot of time and that but I bet it's something you'd love to do what with your love for creating storylines etc.

addy2hotty
11-25-2007, 05:26 PM
I would too don't get me wrong. I'd love to see him get a push there. But it's just out of nowhere if its instant because hes been really buried to a point where hes not credible nor over. He needs to be rebuilt from scratch

But ECW is the 'place where jobbers go to thrive'. It's how the place has been built, hell, Morrison won the title on his first fucking ECW appearance after jobbing to all and sundry on Raw.

It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Benjamin to beat Punk in a few weeks time to take the title. I'd rejoice, hell, I might even watch.

Verbose Minch
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
2 victories over Triple H

Dur, JR has beaten Triple H.

Kane Knight
11-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Dur, JR has beaten Triple H.In fact, he's got an undefeated streak.

JR FOR WORLD CHAMPION!

Verbose Minch
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Quick, where's Alienoid with a storyline?!

Impact!
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I still think the best way to rebuild Shelton is to have Charlie Haas chase him over to ECW, attack Shelton for abandoning him, and then having the two face off at Armageddon. Shelton wins when Elijah Burke distracts Haas, allowing Shelton to get the roll-up. Shelton is also one of those guys that could benefit from a great showing in the Royal Rumble, and as a singles wrestler, you better believe he will get to be in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania next year. In fact, I don't think a Shelton Benjamin win would be too far-fetched.
Pretty much right there

Jeritron
11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
I'd rather see Punk not lose that title though. I think he should hold it until he gets moved to Raw, where he should be IC champion and see if he can get popular enough to break the glass ceiling. If not, he could enjoy a Jeff Hardy existence in the IC scene.

I don't have a problem with Shelton getting a push, or holding that title down the line. I'd actually love to see him get some time in the ring with CM Punk. They should build that fued. It's been a while since there's been a solid one on one ladder match in the E and those two (plus Morrison) are who I'd like to see do it.

addy2hotty
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I'd rather see Punk not lose that title though. I think he should hold it until he gets moved to Raw, where he should be IC champion and see if he can get popular enough to break the glass ceiling. If not, he could enjoy a Jeff Hardy existence in the IC scene.

Why?

Jeritron
11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Because the show is his, and he's getting a tremendous push. Plus hes popular as hell and though him losing the belt wouldn't be a depush, I'd rather see him move to Raw with the whole "king of his former domain" thing going on.

addy2hotty
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Because the show is his, and he's getting a tremendous push. Plus hes popular as hell and though him losing the belt wouldn't be a depush, I'd rather see him move to Raw with the whole "king of his former domain" thing going on.

Fair enough, I just haven't and have yet to see what is special about the guy. If he's raising his game at PPV's then....well....meh.

Jeritron
11-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I'd rather see Jeff Hardy, Kane and Rey Myserio get moved to ECW and be in the mix there with the Morrisons, Punks and Sheltons. That way it's not a total training ground/minor league and theres some established talent there to mix things up and make it a tad more credible.

Hanso Amore
11-26-2007, 04:48 AM
DOnt forget, Shelton on ECW = Shelton on Smackdown.

Mr. Nerfect
11-26-2007, 05:14 AM
I would love to see a Shelton Benjamin vs. Rey Mysterio match. Shelton might be able to re-focus himself with this change of location. I'm glad the WWE has not lost faith in him, and to be honest, they probably intend to push him a fair way.

As for whether or not he should be ECW Champion? One day, I could definitely see it, but I think Shelton should be kept occupied until WrestleMania. CM Punk should hold the ECW Title into, and arguably past, the event.

Of the current ECW roster, I think Benjamin stands the best chance of challenging for the title at WrestleMania. My pick of a match was CM Punk defending against Mick Foley, just because there is no one great in ECW. Right now, I'd go for Punk vs. Benjamin vs. Morrison, as there would be a lot of fun involved in that match. Someone else really should be added, but I can't think of who. Elijah Burke strikes me as someone to be in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. The Miz is probably the best option, but if Charlie Haas moves to ECW in pursuit (as he should), then he would make a great fourth competitor.

Jeritron
11-26-2007, 07:50 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Actually, if Mick Foley is able to put in a good match, which he can do, I'd love to see him face Punk for the ECW title at Mania.

He's under a contract that means they can use him for it, and he puts tremendous effort into his fueds and programs and is amazing at getting people over. It'd be nice to see a heelish Foley fued with Punk, since they probably won't be turning Punk heel just yet.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>