PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wrestling's Underated Hall Of Fame!!

the2ndcoming
11-25-2007, 04:22 AM
That’s right; it’s the first ever underrated hall of fame! You nominate the most underrated workers in the history of professional wrestling; since it’s my post, I’ll start:
The fabulous Rougeau brother’s late eighties run in the World Wrestling Federation was one of my favorite runs ever. They were great in ring performers; this combined with the fact that their gimmick was great.
The Rougeau’s claimed that they had moved from Montreal to Memphis, and were now “all American boys”, this was emphasized in their theme song, and really pissed off the crowd; combine that with them waving tiny U.S flags mockingly, and Jimmy Hart announcing how great they were, via the mega-phone. They were probably the best heel team of their day, certainly in the WWF; they used to get some major heat, and they really made a lot of faces look awesome!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZncnghhYcZE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZncnghhYcZE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Anyway that’s my first nomination……………………please weigh in!!!

Heyman
11-25-2007, 04:31 AM
D'Lo Brown.

D'Lo could have been a VERY big star IMO. Call me crazy, but I think he could've been as big as Jericho. His wrestling skills were only average (maybe below average), but he had great mic skills and charisma. Whether he was face or heel, D'Lo was always way over with the crowd. I never understood why Vince and the WWE never forgave him.....especially when you consider how they forgave people like Sable, Bischoff, Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, etc., etc.

Funky Fly
11-25-2007, 05:04 AM
Carl Oulette

How could you not love such wrestlecrap as Jean Pierre LaFitte? He did a fucking flip senton splash for fuck sakes and he's a pretty big dude.

Bad Company
11-25-2007, 05:49 AM
Papi Chulo

He was the man.

the2ndcoming
11-26-2007, 12:27 AM
D'Lo Brown.

D'Lo could have been a VERY big star IMO. Call me crazy, but I think he could've been as big as Jericho. His wrestling skills were only average (maybe below average), but he had great mic skills and charisma. Whether he was face or heel, D'Lo was always way over with the crowd. I never understood why Vince and the WWE never forgave him.....especially when you consider how they forgave people like Sable, Bischoff, Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, etc., etc.

I agree 100%

Bad Company
11-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Alex Wright

Anybody Thrilla
11-26-2007, 02:17 AM
I second Alex Wright.

Also, Scott Norton.

Xerzes
11-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Ice Train. I don't even know what that means, but it seems like a good image.

Hanso Amore
11-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Scott Norton could have been a beast like he was in japan, but he isnt on level with

TULLY BLANCHARD.

Tully is the number 2 heel from the NWA in the 80s, he is on par with Piper and Dibiase.

Stickman
11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Papa Shango

Kane Knight
11-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Glacier. He's like one of those Mortal Kombat guys, only without the cool elemental abilities!

Fox
11-26-2007, 01:58 PM
http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/blitzkrieg.jpg

Blitzkrieg. Wrestled for WCW during 1999, having incredible matches with Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Juventud Guerrera, Billy Kidman, and others.

Retired in late 1999 because he was making more money as a computer programmer. Gave his gimmick over to Jack Evans, his protege, in 2004.

http://www.catchclub.com/catch/Images/NormanSmiley/24.jpg

Norman Smiley. Will never be a main eventer or even a respected upper-mid carder for any major promotion, but always has had the ability to entertain the fans when he comes to the ring, whether they're familiar fans or newbs to Norman's "Big Wiggle" gyriatrics.

NoRoolz
11-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Yeah, D'Lo Brown.

Also, Val Venis, seriously.Dunno how highly Elijah Burke is thought of, but from what I've seen I'd say he was under-rated.

Or the other kind of under-rated where WWE doesn't use it's superstars to their full potential:
British Bulldog
Chris Jericho (to be fair he's had a great career but should have been/be top draw)
Booker T 01-03
RVD 01-04
Kane
Paul London
Now, Carlito :(

Kane Knight
11-26-2007, 02:08 PM
I'll agree with Kane. No matter how shitty or stupid his gimmick, he put effort into it and was pretty over with the fans.

...Maybe that's more a tribute to fan stupidity.

NoRoolz
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah.

It's like even people who have no interest in wresting what-so-ever know Kane, and think of him as one of the best guys.

Like I asked my Mum to name 5 wrestlers, her reply was:
Stone Cold
The Rock
Kane
Undertaker
and 'Treble' H.

Mr. Nerfect
11-28-2007, 05:31 AM
Val Venis is my obvious submission. The guy is a flawless wrestler in the ring, he really is. Good at everything, not particularly weak at anything. You can't even use the "he's not over" excuse. The guy was pretty fucking over in everything he did, and still gets better reactions than he has any right to.

D'Lo Brown is another great suggestion, as is Alex Wright.

Kane is one of the most underrated main eventers of all-time. He was my favourite wrestler when I started watching, and for a big man he is damn good. He got me hooked on wrestling with his performance in the 2001 Royal Rumble.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick are underrated in the sense that they are portrayed as one-trick ponies. London & Kendrick can pretty much do it all. They can fly, they can wrestle, they can talk, they have personalities. The way the WWE portrays them, you'd think they could only bump around.

Also have to nominate another Noid favourite. Doug Basham is vastly underrated. In the ring, the man is a great technician. That he is a great wrestler, but has absolutely no credibility due to his run in the WWE (and even TNA), really pushes him forward as a candidate for underrated glory. It's a bit hard to feel sorry for a man who gets to bang Gail Kim, though.

I'd give the thumbs up to Normal Smiley, too. That man is damn entertaining.

.44 Magdalene
11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I was going to suggest D'Lo, and someone beat me to it.

And then Alex Wright, and someone beat me there.

And then Norman Smiley, and I'll be fucked if I didn't get beaten to that shit.

FUUUUUUUUUCK.

I'll probably come out of left field with something later. In the meantime, I back the above candidates.

.44 Magdalene
11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
LA PARKA

Evil Vito
11-28-2007, 09:11 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah Kane's gotta be at the top of my list. The fact that he only has a grand total of 24 hours as WWE Champion saddens me.</font>

Fox
11-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Masked Kane was underrated. He should have been huge back in 2000/01.

Unmasked Kane, not so much. He's rated right where he ought to be.