PDA

View Full Version : When will the NHL wake up?

weather vane
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Scott Hartnell got only TWO games for his hit on Andrew Alberts. You have got to be kidding me. The Flyers organization is getting out of hand and Colin Campbell is doing nothing about it. Are they waiting for another Steve Moore or Patrice Bergeron?

Kapoutman
11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
The way the Flyers are playing right now is putting the movie Slap Shot to shame. It's getting ridiculous. I don't know if it's the coach pushing the guys to play dirty or if they're all trying to make their mark or whatever. It has to be stopped. I don't care if they have to suspend players for the remainder of the season or suspend the coach, but something has to be shown as an example that such acts are not tolerated. The way the NHL is handling it all right now is almost like approving it. It's like they're awarding suspensions simply out of principle without really caring about what happened.

Stickman
11-28-2007, 12:50 PM
The league needs to do something about Scott Pronger. He's a hell of a player but dirty as hell.

Splaya
11-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Unless I'm wrong I do believe you mean Chris Pronger

Splaya
11-28-2007, 01:32 PM
I just saw that hit for the first time on Youtube. How you do not get 5 or 10 games for that at a minimum is beyond me. Alberts was clearly on the ice and Hartnell came guns a blazin into him and hit him in the head. While the guy was down and into the boards. I'm sorry but the NHL is fucking stupid if they do not realize that this kind of play is going to lead to another Steve Moore.

Stickman
11-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Unless I'm wrong I do believe you mean Chris Pronger

Good call, I dunno how that happened.

weather vane
11-28-2007, 03:31 PM
This stuff is going to happen but the league needs to hold the players and the teams responsible. Things like this happen every year and will continue to happen, hockey is a tough sport. The NHL just needs harder punishments, especially against a repeat offender team like Philadelphia.

MVP
11-29-2007, 09:16 PM
This is four times now that this has happened. Someone needs to be made an example of because it's out of hand.